As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A very special v[chat]gina.

• Options
    PenguinoPenguino Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A land of electric Mars bars...

Edit> Man I'm a slow typer...
    Mayday wrote:
    Code:
    [spoiler:2c0f98f21a][/spoiler:2c0f98f21a]

[spoiler:2c0f98f21a]Weeee![/spoiler:2c0f98f21a]

Thanks Mayday :)

Penguino on
    PenguinoSignaturecopy.jpg
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ah, I see. Not really into kick ass alternative rock myself, but I'm sure you'll have a fun time, Greatnation. Assuming that they know how to put on an entertaining show that is.

While on the subject of music, anybody else feel that they never have enough music to listen too, regardless of how much they actually have? I just got two John Jacob Niles CDs, a Bob Gibson CD, and two Nick Cave CDs (technically four because one was a three disc set), and I still feel like I don't have anything to listen too.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I listen to a lot of videogame music and movie soundtracks. Seems like forever since I've listened to a Gorrillaz song. I love their artwork and their sound. I've forgotten how to spell their name :?

Penguino on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Penguino wrote:
    I listen to a lot of videogame music and movie soundtracks.

Hey, me too! What game and movie soundtracks you in to??

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Games - Legend of Zelda, Misc. RPGs....

Movies - Chronicles of Narnia (Awesome), Butterfly Effect, A Beautiful Mind, The Island (Also very awesome).

While I'm at it...
    Bands/Artists - Vanessa Mae, Simple Minds, Gorrillaz, Linkin Park

:)

I also have a host of easy listening tunes...and some techno...

Penguino on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hot shit! Six String Samurai is awesome.

TheBog on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I as well also enjoy listening to sound tracks, too! The metal Gear Solid 3 disk is incredible.

Also, oldies from the 1950's rock harder than vanilla ice cream at the soda fountain.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I heard...
    Also, oldies from the 1950's rock harder than vanilla ice.

which is, of course, impossible

Ravenshadow on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I as well also enjoy listening to sound tracks, too! The metal Gear Solid 3 disk is incredible.

Also, oldies from the 1950's rock harder than vanilla ice cream at the soda fountain.

My aunt once gave me a casette tape with 50s music for my birthday. I still consider it one of the worst birthday presents ever, when a young teen asks for "rock music" she does not generally mean Great Balls of Fire or Rock around the Clock kind of rock music. I did listen to it once in a while though, it was still a gift. I don't think there's a single tape or cd of music I bought or was given to me that I haven't atleast listened to once.

I mostly like metal and well, rock obviously. Classic rock too, heck although I'm not fond of the 50s, the late 60s and 70s are fine with me.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I heard...
    Also, oldies from the 1950's rock harder than vanilla ice.

which is, of course, impossible

You guys don't know what you're missing.

For serious

It rocks harder than a Geologist convention

Also,

vanillaIceCream.jpg

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

You guys don't know what you're missing.

For serious

It rocks harder than a Geologist convention

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH. It's uh, nice music I guess, but it's not my thing really.

I'm a pretty big fan of any music that has a guitar playing in it... a good guitar melody though! Not just the same 3 power-chords played over and over, then played backwards for the Chorus! I'm a sucker for power-metal music. Stuff like Kamelot and Sonata Arctica. I also like metal-core stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, and overall metal/thrash-metal stuff like Metallica. Ah good stuff!

But I also like Alt. rock and prog. rock stuff. A small band called Ra - I suggest listening to them if you like alt. rock. Oh, and Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, and almost any type of classical spanish guitar music, too.

Yeah... can you tell I love guitars yet?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Do you like Blind Guardian Tweaked_Bat_? I'm seeing them in concert (finally!) on the 11th.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH. It's uh, nice music I guess, but it's not my thing really.

Just be glad I didn't post my Japanese rap... damn you Celestial for hooking me on this 1980's flow!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Woo, Halloween candy for dinner! I'm nauseous already! :^:

Deans on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'm bored and tired...

[spoiler:7348bb18cd]spoiler[/spoiler:7348bb18cd]

hehe..... :|

Penguino on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    TheBog wrote:
    Hot shit! Six String Samurai is awesome.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    drakkoniadrakkonia Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Penguino wrote:
    I'm bored and tired...

[spoiler:fee70a7409]spoiler[/spoiler:fee70a7409]

Question that I've had since I joined: Am I supposed to be seeing anything after Spoiler: except a little black box? Cuz that's all I'm seeing.

drakkonia on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    s3sticker.jpg
    SOLID

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I can't see your image TheBog...

I assume it's something solid. Month old fruitcake perhaps...

drakkonia - you have to highlight the black box to reveal what it says, although for my post, it's not worth bothering, haha :P

Penguino on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    drakkonia wrote:
    Penguino wrote:
    I'm bored and tired...

[spoiler:38cc9ed30b]spoiler[/spoiler:38cc9ed30b]

Question that I've had since I joined: Am I supposed to be seeing anything after Spoiler: except a little black box? Cuz that's all I'm seeing.
    Try highlighting the box with your mouse.

Virum on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Why are McRibs out for a limited time? Does it take a year to cultivate each batch or something? They need time to ferment?

Deans on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Uuuunggghrrrg...I fucking hate college......

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Be a winner like me and drop-out!!

I'm living in a foreign country, not doing a damn thing, and milking tax payers for a stupid amounts of money. YAY!

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    drakkoniadrakkonia Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the help with the spoiler thing, y'all. And I too hate college. Only 1 year left, weee! Unless I suck so hard that I have to retake a couple of classes next semester. Oh, the horror. The closer I get to gradutating, the studiper I feel. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

drakkonia on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm sort of biding my time here at a small state university trying to figure out If I really want to apply to an art school next year, and where :S

also my roommate is a boorish stoner >:|

Scosglen on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh, christ. I accidentally convinced someone in D&D that I invented Bananas in Pyjamas.

Oops.

tynic on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Tynic, I once convinced someone in G&T that I actually had a dick. He kept referring to that as being 'a bi,' too.

Sheri on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    just came back from ffxii release.

now i don't know if i want to play that, or WoW. :x

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Tynic, I once convinced someone in G&T that I actually had a dick. He kept referring to that as being 'a bi,' too.
    Well, now I'm wondering if I should have milked it more. I was so startled that anyone would jump to that conclusion that I corrected him straight away.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    tynic wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Well, now I'm wondering if I should have milked it more. I was so startled that anyone would jump to that conclusion that I corrected him straight away.

I'd've done it. Anyone dumb enough to jump to that conclusion deserves to be misled.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I dunno. Fake penis I can do. Fake adulation makes me feel a little dirty.

Plus, the guy was creepily excited about BinP.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, that's more than a little bit creepy.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    just came back from ffxii release.

now i don't know if i want to play that, or WoW. :x

Answer:

[spoiler:106e9e1eed]Serious Sam.[/spoiler:106e9e1eed]

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Virum wrote:
    Do you like Blind Guardian Tweaked_Bat_? I'm seeing them in concert (finally!) on the 11th.
    I've never heard of them before :? However, after some quick google/wiki research, I have come to the conclusion they probably kick some major arse. I'll give 'em a listen to later.

Oh, and I've got a better game Melting_doll. It's called Savage, and it's been out for around 2-3 years now I think, but I've only just gotten into it. It's a hybrid RTS/FPS mass-multi online game. Need I say more? If you haven't tried it before, then try it, it's free. (It's kinda like battlegrounds in WoW... constant PvP).

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hehe, i already play WoW. i'm just debating whether or not i want to start ffxii and take a break from WoW, or just play and hit 60 on WoW, or try to play both.(i'm talking 12, not 11.)

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I finally learned how to burp!

Seriously, I don't feel nausious anymore.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    And they said one can't learn anything new on the AC... lol.gif

EDIT: I suppose Gorillaz should start looking for a replacement for Noodle since she's dead and all... how about me?

gorr.jpg

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Dead!? What the fuck?

TheBog on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Didn't you know? The helicopters that could be seen in the video for Feel Good were after her. She was killed in the video for Dirty Harry.

I suppose those were the Japants government's helicopters, since Noodle is, in fact, a secret genetic engineering experiment, a weapon of mass destruction.

And if you take a walk around Kong studios (where they live), you'll notice that her room is abandoned and decayed.

...I know a bit too much about Gorillaz... oops.gif

EDIT:
    In March 2006, a series of events surrounding the release of the new Gorillaz video "El Mañana" led some fans to believe the video depicted her actual death. In the days preceding the release of the video, cardboard boxes were found in the Kong Studios lobby. The boxes soon moved to Noodle's room, and each day, her room was shown to be more and more packed away until eventually the room was almost entirely barren. At the same time, the windmill island from the "Feel Good Inc." music video appeared outside of Kong Studios on the website's splash page. Shortly before the release of "El Mañana", the windmill was seen flying away.

The video is somewhat of a continuation of the "Feel Good Inc." video, once again depicting Noodle on the windmill island. The two helicopters seen pursuing the island in the "Feel Good Inc." video finally reach the island and open fire on it, soon sending it crashing into a deep chasm with Noodle still inside. The video then concludes with the helicopters bombing the crashed windmill.Two days after the video's release, cracks appeared on the walls of Noodle's room on the website,(which have spread now to the ground floor lobby) and the clock on her wall labeled "Armageddon" (the only piece of furniture left behind) gained a fourth hand, and has currently fallen to the floor. Since then, the cracks have been growing to the point that part of the roof has collapsed, exposing the outdoor sky. In late March, more boxes were found in the Kong Studios lobby, one of which was labeled "DedEx", apparently as some sort of reference to Noodle, who had arrived in a FedEx crate. They disappeared after the lobby was destroyed.

Many fans were shocked at the video, which, coupled with the bizarre, unexplained events in her room before and after the release, seemed to imply that events portrayed in the music video were in fact "real" rather than staged. These events sparked much speculation and debate over Noodle's fate, including over whether or not she had survived the attack to whether the video was even "real" in the first place.

gorr.jpg

Mayday on
This discussion has been closed.