As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DEXTER - Season 7 finale'd! Spoiler for those who haven't caught up. 1 season left!

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Mos def nooooooooo

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote:
    Mos def nooooooooo

The ending for tonight's episode made me a sad panda

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Noooo!

But.
    Next ep preview shows he isn't dead yet.

Maybe he'll survive.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    So it seems pretty clear that EJO is not
    Colin Hanks' ghostdad, what with them having completely different names.

I'm still not convinced he's not some sort of hallucination, though

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:

I was never really sold on that idea.
    It'd be a nice parallel, but there's no real cause for the idea within the show. Plus, we have seen Gellar interact with stuff on his own, without ColinHanks around. I'm saying nope, he's real.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    kilroydoskilroydos Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:

I was never really sold on that idea.
    It'd be a nice parallel, but there's no real cause for the idea within the show. Plus, we have seen Gellar interact with stuff on his own, without ColinHanks around. I'm saying nope, he's real.
    I don't think anyone suspected that he was actually his father, they were just drawing parallels between EJO and Harry for Dexter. I think they're playing with the idea nicely, seeing that we still haven't seen another person actually acknowledge or interact directly with Gellar. I don't know which way they're planning to go with it, but it's a good way for Dexter to re-examine his relationship with the faux "Harry" that guides him. We know it's not in any sense the actual ghost of Harry, but Dexter could sometimes use a reminder that it's just a part of himself that tries to keep him out of jail and killing bad guys.

• Options
    HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING AND AND NEXT WEEK PREVIEW

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote:
    HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING AND AND NEXT WEEK PREVIEW

Yeah. Wow.
    Jesus!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    to reiterate: MOS DEF NOOOOOOOO
    I am super unhappy with that ending
    it was great up until that idiot showed up
    ugh

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I am going to miss Mos Def.

That being said, the last 30 seconds brought back my second favorite character, being Brian.

The preview brought back my favorite story-line
    Goddamn Trinity killer's family. I'm really looking forward to that.

I like that Dex just fucking snapped on that guy and couldn't control his rage, even though Mos Def asked him not to. Once that happened, Harry was replaced with Brian and holy shit it's going to be awesome next week.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    I'm sad that's what they're doing this season, making the dark passengers a thing

That's what the books did and it sucked.

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    i want mos def to be in everything
    and i agree with you lockout i am bummed that is a thing
    although im positive theyre not doing what the books were doing
    theyre just basically giving dexter a good and bad conscience

RubberAC on
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This season as been pretty alright but I'm pretty bummed that
    they brought in two characters I was interested in (Ryan and Brother Sam) and then have already taken them out of the show. If the new Detective from Chicago gets shot...

I also missed the preview for next week on my recording. Sounds like I should look into watching that.

Also, I want the glasses Mos Def wares in the show. But consider the site for the design doesn't list a price or is sold in my town the likelihood I could afford them is slim.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I just thought we could all use a little super hero mos def.

I was fuckin' delighted when I was watching that with my nephew and Mos Def showed up.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I just thought we could all use a little super hero mos def.

I was fuckin' delighted when I was watching that with my nephew and Mos Def showed up.

When your nephew was watching it? Uh-huh. We all know the truth. We can see it in your avatar.
    Yo Gabba-Gabba is the best.

lostprophet on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    oh fuck you this latest episode

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    yup

called it

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    also I wonder if the writers are putting this intern character in with the full knowledge that everything they have him do on the computer is complete gibberish and they're figuring that no one in the audience knows better or cares

but that seems unlikely, since they ought to know that if you're putting in a nerd wish fulfillment fantasy character that the nerds you're appealing to are probably going to A) know that it's gibberish and B) get royally huffy about something on their favorite television show being inaccurate

• Options
    I knew it was probably going there, but it was so damn easy

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote:
    also I wonder if the writers are putting this intern character in with the full knowledge that everything they have him do on the computer is complete gibberish and they're figuring that no one in the audience knows better or cares

but that seems unlikely, since they ought to know that if you're putting in a nerd wish fulfillment fantasy character that the nerds you're appealing to are probably going to A) know that it's gibberish and B) get royally huffy about something on their favorite television show being inaccurate

he's gonna be evil anyway
    you saw what he bought

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote:

he's gonna be evil anyway
    you saw what he bought

possibly

it was such a throwaway, though

also there's not really enough episodes left in the season to introduce a new villain

• Options
    oh he won't be the villain this season

but he'll get fired for being evil to batista's sister

and I am actually digging the batista/quinn stuff

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    oh he won't be the villain this season

but he'll get fired for being evil to batista's sister

and I am actually digging the batista/quinn stuff

yeah i am liking where this season is going

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote:
    yup

called it

goddamnit monroe i thought for sure
    there was no way this would actually turn out to be true
    i sat here and thought GODDAMNIT he was right the whole time

• Options
    the moment I saw the ice box I thought, "well, now I know where he is"

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Part of me still thinks he died part way through the season.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    RubberAC wrote:
    MrMonroe wrote:
    yup

called it

I'm still disappointed they did that. Dexter's imaginary murder friends are the only figments we see; why the hell would the writers change the rules and show us Travis's delusions? Did they really think that was clever?

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Cos wrote:
    RubberAC wrote:
    MrMonroe wrote:
    yup

called it

I'm still disappointed they did that. Dexter's imaginary murder friends are the only figments we see; why the hell would the writers change the rules and show us Travis's delusions? Did they really think that was clever?
    Whether a clever idea or not, the execution made their ploy sadly obvious long before the "reveal." And showing the perspective flip between Dexter and Rudy as he killed that inn guy with the pitchfork was the show's retroactive insurance, justifying anything we've seen Geller do up to that point. That was pretty much the entire point of bringing Rudy back.

Despite seeing this coming since the beginning, this season surprisingly hasn't been all that bad.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote:
    Cos wrote:
    RubberAC wrote:
    MrMonroe wrote:
    yup

called it

Whether a clever idea or not, the execution made their ploy sadly obvious long before the "reveal." And showing the perspective flip between Dexter and Rudy as he killed that inn guy with the pitchfork was the show's retroactive insurance, justifying anything we've seen Geller do up to that point. That was pretty much the entire point of bringing Rudy back.

Despite seeing this coming since the beginning, this season surprisingly hasn't been all that bad.
    Yeah, I think Olmos has been doing a great job, overall.
    Also the actor who plays Travis plays a priest in Mad Men, which is oddly similar.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Cross posted from D&D:

I remember back in Season 1 where everyone was like "I totally called that Rudy was the ITK" when he was first on screen and everyone (who didn't read the books) was pissed at the twist.

Then the real twist came and blew everyone's mind.

Not to say that will happen again but I trust the writers.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Regarding tonight's episode:
    If Angel dies because of Quinn I'm going to fucking lose it

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bedigunz wrote:
    It looks like he's about to. The previews showed Travis brandishing a gun, I would imagine that it is Bautista's.

Also, Debra found out about Matthews :bz

lostprophet on
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote:
    It looks like he's about to. The previews showed Travis brandishing a gun, I would imagine that it is Bautista's.

Also, Debra found out about Matthews :bz
    I can see Quinn and/or Angel being written off after this season. The chance of Angel dying because of Quinn is going to cause some trouble for Quinn, especially since IA was investigating him in Season 3.

Also Louis is probably going to kill Jaime or something.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    man, everything in this finale was boring except for the end, which was inevitable

I dug the ride, though

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The end was awesome, oh mannnn

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    For a season I ended up not liking very much overall that last minute got me really excited to be disapointed next season.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    A lot of people think
    the reveal should have happened last season but I think it makes sense for this season. Last season was an arc of Dexter getting over Rita and helping Lumen, so those two killing Jordan Chase together was the resolution. This season is about Dexter as it is Deb, so I'm glad they intertwined. Only thing I really didn't like about this season was the whole "Deb in love with Dexter" thing

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote:
    A lot of people think
    the reveal should have happened last season but I think it makes sense for this season. Last season was an arc of Dexter getting over Rita and helping Lumen, so those two killing Jordan Chase together was the resolution. This season is about Dexter as it is Deb, so I'm glad they intertwined. Only thing I really didn't like about this season was the whole "Deb in love with Dexter" thing
    I agree, but I assume it will play into the "Can I turn him in? But he's my brother AND I love him" decision for Deb.

On that note, any word if Season 7 is the last one? I'm curious how they will leave Dexter ultimately. In Breaking Bad, obviously the characters are all doomed.
    But in Dexter I wonder if they ultimately want to spare him since he is "doing good" in his own way.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So, Louis is going to be around for a while longer!

Also
    I've not had nearly the number of complaints that others have - I still enjoy Dexter very much.

But how freaking ridiculous is it that they all waited for Dexter to arrive before entering the murdered couple's crime scene?!