Options

DEXTER - Season 7 finale'd! Spoiler for those who haven't caught up. 1 season left!

14143454647

Posts

  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    So, Louis is going to be around for a while longer!

    Also
    I've not had nearly the number of complaints that others have - I still enjoy Dexter very much.

    But how freaking ridiculous is it that they all waited for Dexter to arrive before entering the murdered couple's crime scene?!
    Yeah, that wasn't believable to me at all.
    "Did you go in yet?" "No we waited for you"
    What? Why? They NEVER do that. In not a single other instance has Dexter been the first on the scene.
    It doesn't make sense anyway. He is a blood guy, not a detective.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    The only ONLY reason I can see why they did that is that they didn't want to contaminate the scene. Again, that's the only reason.

    Also, it is renewed for 2 more seasons after this. No word on going any further.

    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    This was the first season I paid to watch live, and I don't regret it. Awesome ending. Though, it's strange for this show to have even minor loose ends...

    Like, the boat next to Dexter's...
    still has his stuff set up in it? I was waiting for that couple to change up their "twice a year" routine and stumble upon it.

    then, Louis' box that he sent...
    Travis is the only one to find it and now it's just resting on the fridge? =\

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote:
    This was the first season I paid to watch live, and I don't regret it. Awesome ending. Though, it's strange for this show to have even minor loose ends...

    Like, the boat next to Dexter's...
    still has his stuff set up in it? I was waiting for that couple to change up their "twice a year" routine and stumble upon it.

    then, Louis' box that he sent...
    Travis is the only one to find it and now it's just resting on the fridge? =\

    Well considering how it ended I would imagine next season is going to start at that exact moment so I figure at least that second bit will be brought up next season. The first part is just something that happens. They could have his voice over a 3 second line of "I'm glad I had time to clean up that boat" or something like that and all is cleared.

    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    so uh
    the box with the hand was sent to dexter by the nerd who makes up computer stuff and then magically solves problems with them, right? He certainly is a weird one.

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    neville wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    So, Louis is going to be around for a while longer!

    Also
    I've not had nearly the number of complaints that others have - I still enjoy Dexter very much.

    But how freaking ridiculous is it that they all waited for Dexter to arrive before entering the murdered couple's crime scene?!
    Yeah, that wasn't believable to me at all.
    "Did you go in yet?" "No we waited for you"
    What? Why? They NEVER do that. In not a single other instance has Dexter been the first on the scene.
    It doesn't make sense anyway. He is a blood guy, not a detective.

    Convenient plot points aren't really a new thing. The writing has been lazy now for years. Still, I love Louis. Can't wait to learn more about him. And, obviously, the aftermath of the finale.
    I'm geeking out a bit just hoping he tells her he was the one who took care of Jordan Chase and imagining the fallout from that.

    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    neville wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    So, Louis is going to be around for a while longer!

    Also
    I've not had nearly the number of complaints that others have - I still enjoy Dexter very much.

    But how freaking ridiculous is it that they all waited for Dexter to arrive before entering the murdered couple's crime scene?!
    Yeah, that wasn't believable to me at all.
    "Did you go in yet?" "No we waited for you"
    What? Why? They NEVER do that. In not a single other instance has Dexter been the first on the scene.
    It doesn't make sense anyway. He is a blood guy, not a detective.

    Convenient plot points aren't really a new thing. The writing has been lazy now for years. Still, I love Louis. Can't wait to learn more about him. And, obviously, the aftermath of the finale.
    I'm geeking out a bit just hoping he tells her he was the one who took care of Jordan Chase and imagining the fallout from that.
    Or that he killed Trinity. And Ice Truck.

    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    and like a hundred and fifty other people

  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    and like a hundred and fifty other people
    Not Doakes though! That was my crazy love affair.
    Don't worry, I killed her too though.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Nah, those were all accidents. Only Jordan.

    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    My interest in Season 6 sorta died off while waiting for eps.

    I then got spoilered on the following;
    - Gellar is Travis' ghost dad but not really.
    - There's an attack on the police station.
    - Deb discovers Dexter killing someone.

    Is there any surprising awesome stuff to look forward to, besides that stuff?

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    My interest in Season 6 sorta died off while waiting for eps.

    I then got spoilered on the following;
    - Gellar is Travis' ghost dad but not really.
    - There's an attack on the police station.
    - Deb discovers Dexter killing someone.

    Is there any surprising awesome stuff to look forward to, besides that stuff?

    Colin Hanks makes some pretty funny angry faces.
    Other than that, yeah those are the highlights. I think if you like Dexter enough and want to watch more of it now it is worth the ride to find out how those things come into play and work themselves out.

    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    neville wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    So, Louis is going to be around for a while longer!

    Also
    I've not had nearly the number of complaints that others have - I still enjoy Dexter very much.

    But how freaking ridiculous is it that they all waited for Dexter to arrive before entering the murdered couple's crime scene?!
    Yeah, that wasn't believable to me at all.
    "Did you go in yet?" "No we waited for you"
    What? Why? They NEVER do that. In not a single other instance has Dexter been the first on the scene.
    It doesn't make sense anyway. He is a blood guy, not a detective.

    I just finished the season and I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think this.
    Also the "Dex calls 911 from his cell" thing annoyed me. Of course 911 doesn't have caller ID. Lets not forget the Dex goes nuts in Kansas episode. Shooting wildly out of a moving vehicle....totally in character.
    I also found the "Deb loves Dex" bit to be absolutely ridiculous. If they needed a reason for Deb to accept Dex as a serial killer they had the perfect reasoning last season with the Jordan Chase plot line.

    I will still watch the beginning of next season to see what they do with Deb, but I'm getting mighty fed up with the weird and lazy writing.

    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Well I'll start this off.

    Holy shit this season looks good. Like, season 2 good with a mix of season 4 thrown in.

    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh that trailer makes me all tingly inside.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Was there a flash of Enver Gjokaj in that trailer? Because that would make my fucking day.

    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh yeah anyone here going to check out the Marvel comics Dexter book coming out in October? It's a 5 issue miniseries written by Jeff Lindsey and from the description it sounds like an all new story.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    It can't be worse than last season

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Well the comic follows the book continuity not the series which could be a good or bad thing. I've only read the first 4 books except for the 3rd and haven't gotten to the 5th and 6th yet. To be honest I'm spoiled with badass Dexter in the show. He's just a normal guy in the books.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    this could be really good, though ray stephenson is in the whole season and I don't think I saw him in the trailer. I hope he has a neat part.

    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    cant waiiiittt

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    3 weeks
    eeee

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Tonight's the night. . . .

    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I thought the new episode was at 9 Eastern? Is it 10?

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    I was working and had to watch it on DVR a little later. Season 7 is off to a great start imo.

    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Holy crap that episode was AMAZING.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Oh shit, it aired? I completely forgot!

    Ahhhhh, have to go find it.

    Must. Argue. With. @The Lovely Bastard

    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The premiere was good, it does not make up for how fucking terrible season 6 was, and the way they bend over backward to give the impression that oh yeah Deb is actually a good detective and can figure this out herself, we didn't really blow it by having her stumble onto a kill scene with intention to tell him she wants to fuck eventhough that is totally what happaned is kind of admirable.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I liked this episode. It promises for a messed up season. I have no idea what Balefuego said.

  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the series is trying to make up for making Deb look completely incompetent as she was unable to figure out her brother was a serial killer for six years. She only found out by accidentally coming across his kill room on her way to tell him that she wanted to bone.

  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    I liked this episode. It promises for a messed up season. I have no idea what Balefuego said.

    Did you block last season out of your mind? I wouldn't blame you.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I didn't watch the previous season and have no plans to. This episode was pretty good though. Shame they wasted enver gjokaj though

  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    I liked this episode. It promises for a messed up season. I have no idea what Balefuego said.

    Did you block last season out of your mind? I wouldn't blame you.

    No I got that part, I just got lost towards the end of that gigantic unparseable sentence.

  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    I liked this episode. It promises for a messed up season. I have no idea what Balefuego said.

    Did you block last season out of your mind? I wouldn't blame you.

    No I got that part, I just got lost towards the end of that gigantic unparseable sentence.

    Langly understood

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Tonight's episode was pretty great too.
    Although I'm not sure if the villain is nearly as exciting if it's just a "bad guy".
    I guess it is a bit much to hope for another Ice Truck Killer or Trinity but.

    A mobster / mob gang?
    That's not super compelling.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2012
    I'm mostly enjoying this season so far, which is a pretty fucking foreign feeling. Apart from
    Dexter getting away with murder in an airport,

    my biggest complaint so far is
    what a huge waste of a character Louis was. He went from really intriguing to really stupid the very second they decided to reveal his motivation. Now he's dead. He might as well not have ever been in the show at all.

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    I'm mostly enjoying this season so far, which is a pretty fucking foreign feeling. Apart from
    Dexter getting away with murder in an airport,

    my biggest complaint so far is
    what a huge waste of a character Louis was. He went from really intriguing to really stupid the very second they decided to reveal his motivation. Now he's dead. He might as well not have ever been in the show at all.
    I doubt that's the last we'll see of him. His death on Dexter's boat is bound to cause complications. He really was just there to reintroduce the Ice Truck Killer connection to Dexter, and I'd rather that arrived in the form of a shallow character than from Vince eBaying the hand himself or something. :P

    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I agree with @Larlar

    hmm. No good will come of this. :bz

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Feel the power of the lark side.

    iwantanswers3.png
Sign In or Register to comment.