Options

Comics shipping Oct 4th

2»

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    saint2e wrote:
    Last week for me getting Nightwing/Outsiders. Just can't contain my attention anymore.

I'd say give Nightwing another month, since Marv Wolfman just got on it.

I will admit that the issue wasn't great, but compared to the past issues, it was a gift from above.

:^: :^: :^:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    To answer my own question, Y isn't worth getting if you've only been collecting the trades. The reveal isn't that big of a deal (it's something you could've guessed, I'm sure) so getting spoiled won't be the end of the world. The main event, that being the exact cause of the plague, won't be until the next issue.

now you're making me want to read the spoilers

I need to read volumes 5 through 7, though

someone buy them for me

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    I'm just waiting to hear reactions on (Criminal

do you like crime stories?

because if you do, i think you'll really enjoy criminal.

i really really hate the main character's facial hair, but i think the story is going somewhere really cool.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    To answer my own question, Y isn't worth getting if you've only been collecting the trades. The reveal isn't that big of a deal (it's something you could've guessed, I'm sure) so getting spoiled won't be the end of the world. The main event, that being the exact cause of the plague, won't be until the next issue.

someone buy them for me

Don't bother. Just read your trades when you get them.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

someone buy them for me

Don't bother. Just read your trades when you get them.

I have the issues post Volume 7, including the latest one

i just miscalculated when I'd be reading them

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I know I'm fanboying over it, but the new Strange book really is very good. The art is great (Arana looks *cute* in her cameo), the Iron Fist and Arana cameos in general ("we're partners not a couple", olol), the MASSIVE BATTLE WITH AN EVIL GOD FROM BEYOND TIME which, hey, is left entirely to our imaginations in terms of how it played out... so very good. I'm on tetherhooks for #2.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    The CowThe Cow Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Lord can everyone just buy The Winter Men? It's intensely and profoundly awesome, and features hot Russian/Mongolian sex not long after the Spetznaz killing.

For serious though it's been slipping under the radar. Warren Ellis gives it mad props on the cover of #5, which came out today, and hopefully his Internet Jesus powers will lift it up, but it truly is a cut above and features a writer and artist who I am largely unfamiliar with before putting out work better than just about anything the Big Two have going at the moment.

If you hate everything that has to do with Russia, then stay far away. Otherwise, pick it up. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

The Cow on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Nope, he's off it as of issue 4.

It looks much better now.

Though I am still mostly lost as to what the hell is going on.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Lux wrote:
    Munch wrote:

I can sum it like this -

Ivy Town? Fucked up.

Panda? Fucks posters.

My review? All sorts of awesome. Unfortunately this is one of those really good quirky books that will probably be cancelled due to lack of sales in a few years.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Lux wrote:
    Munch wrote:

It's just really fucking weird.

There'll probably be one issue that makes everything make complete sense

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

Yeah, and it'll say, "Grant Morrisson developed this series" on every page in giant red letters.

Munch on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:f1e9674f96] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:f1e9674f96]

Thoughts?

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    I'd like to know what you thought of The Escapists (I loved the first 2 issues).

Love. Love love love.

I had no idea what it was about before I started reading, and cover to cover, it was just great. It was interesting and natural. Brian K. Vaughan is putting out some amazing stuff these days.

As an artist myself, I was able to relate to the characters really well. It made me want to bust out some bristol and my pencils and draw the Escapist. Too bad I was in class.

I need to go get the other ones. I love how they're doing the covers, too. The "superstar" artist cover idea is just so cool. The artistic shifts in the pages themselves feel really natural, too. And Philip Bond's art is always a treat.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    hey, did anyone read that giant-sized wolverine that came out this month?

i was going to pick it up and then forgot about it. is it worth trying to remember?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Lux wrote:
    Munch wrote:

Word, dogg. Word.

[spoiler:a3336c6d7c]I'm not even sure who's on which side anymore. At first, I thought Giganta, the past-tense tiny guys and the cancer god were all on one side, but apparently not. The cancer god just sort of came out of nowhere, appearing in the sewer or some shit.

Then all of a sudden there's strange pilgrims going to see drive-in movies about the cancer god. Shit makes no sense, though it's not bad. I like the character, it's probably just more coherent in trade form.[/spoiler:a3336c6d7c]

Lux on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Lux wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Lux wrote:
    Munch wrote:

Word, dogg. Word.

[spoiler:46c12d66ee]I'm not even sure who's on which side anymore. At first, I thought Giganta, the past-tense tiny guys and the cancer god were all on one side, but apparently not. The cancer god just sort of came out of nowhere, appearing in the sewer or some shit.

Then all of a sudden there's strange pilgrims going to see drive-in movies about the cancer god. Shit makes no sense, though it's not bad. I like the character, it's probably just more coherent in trade form.[/spoiler:46c12d66ee]

[spoiler:46c12d66ee]I don't know how you folks can wait for trades. Anyways..remember what the dean says at the end of issue #4, Ivy Town is divided up into different "zones of weirdness". So the cancer god hubub could be going on in one part, while nutty pilgrims haunt another part of town. [/spoiler:46c12d66ee]

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    it's all Ray's fault

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:ac3e3f2a65] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:ac3e3f2a65]

Thoughts?

Yeah... I'm guessing she's the "Other" that came back with Spidey after that arc. She's still kinda hot though.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    I'd like to know what you thought of The Escapists (I loved the first 2 issues).

Love. Love love love.

I had no idea what it was about before I started reading, and cover to cover, it was just great. It was interesting and natural. Brian K. Vaughan is putting out some amazing stuff these days.

As an artist myself, I was able to relate to the characters really well. It made me want to bust out some bristol and my pencils and draw the Escapist. Too bad I was in class.

I need to go get the other ones. I love how they're doing the covers, too. The "superstar" artist cover idea is just so cool. The artistic shifts in the pages themselves feel really natural, too. And Philip Bond's art is always a treat.
    Bond only did the first issue. They've got some new guy who draws exactly like him now.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Bond only did the first issue. They've got some new guy who draws exactly like him now.

I've only read the first one. That's kind of bizarre, but I'll have to get more issues before I judge the art.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:c5d37d1902] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:c5d37d1902]

Thoughts?

Yeah... I'm guessing she's the "Other" that came back with Spidey after that arc. She's still really hot though.

I liked it, especially Flash coping with Spidey revealing himself. And Spidey being enough of a man to apologize for busting his face.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Beyond #4 $2.99
    Life Of Pope John Paul II In Comics HC $16.95
    Chicken With Plums TP $16.95

IT WAS A SHORT WEEK

Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I was going to freak out if you passed on Beyond

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Life Of Pope John Paul II In Comics HC $16.95

The hell?

Sorry, I mean the heck?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:801c61f0f8] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:801c61f0f8]

Thoughts?

Yeah... I'm guessing she's the "Other" that came back with Spidey after that arc. She's still really hot though.

I liked it, especially Flash coping with Spidey revealing himself. And Spidey being enough of a man to apologize for busting his face.

Just a theory from scans_daily, but the nurse's first initial is M.

M.Arrow.

I doubt it, but you know...

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:90847369de] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:90847369de]

Thoughts?

M.Arrow.

I've been wondering what happened to her.

Scooter on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Anyone pick up FNSM?

[spoiler:ab0d5b17ec] Nurse Arrow has got spikes coming out of her arms. Are they finally getting back to the whole 'other' thing? [/spoiler:ab0d5b17ec]

Thoughts?

M.Arrow.

I've been wondering what happened to her.

Well... if it is her, she looks kinda different... less.. uh... bony. That would be kinda cool though. Only thing is [spoiler:ab0d5b17ec] those spikes were almost exactly the same as Spidey's[/spoiler:ab0d5b17ec] not that it means much. Still, that was a really good issue. I don't really think that arc deserved three issues, but the last one made up for it a little bit.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'