Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT C: RESULTS

• Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think Cap and Cloak would team up. They're both part of the Secret Avengers. Cap is an expert tactician and Cloak could send people into the darkforce dimension.

They could just pop in while Wonder Woman and Reed are duking it out and take them out easily.

Also Wonder Woman COULD hit Reed with that magic sword but would Reed allow her to? I'm sure he could easily dodge it.
    Since Reed both knows about Cap and Cloak already he probably watches the video on Wonder Woman finding out about all her magical stuff. I think Reed knows well you don't mess around when someone is using Magic.

However I love that idea of making some machine that controls Bees.

Also does Civil War ideology count here? I'm sure Cap would be like "Worry that later, we gotta win this right now."

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    See, now those previews of Manhunter vs Wonder Woman confuse the shit out of me.

I know nothing of Manhunter...does she have any level of powers that would let her hang with Wonder Woman? Or would WW be able to scale her strength down to give someone a fairer fight?

Still, I don't think Reed totally ignored Hank Pyms work on controlling insects, so it's very likely he either HAS a device to control bees, or knows how to make one quickly. And since Wonder Womans skin can be pierced by bullets, I think a giant bee could do the trick too.

I'm giving it to Mr. Fantastic and Cap.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    manaleak34 wrote:
    I think Cap and Cloak would team up. They're both part of the Secret Avengers. Cap is an expert tactician and Cloak could send people into the darkforce dimension.

They could just pop in while Wonder Woman and Reed are duking it out and take them out easily.

Also Wonder Woman COULD hit Reed with that magic sword but would Reed allow her to? I'm sure he could easily dodge it.
    Since Reed both knows about Cap and Cloak already he probably watches the video on Wonder Woman finding out about all her magical stuff. I think Reed knows well you don't mess around when someone is using Magic.

However I love that idea of making some machine that controls Bees.

Also does Civil War ideology count here? I'm sure Cap would be like "Worry that later, we gotta win this right now."

Wonder Woman moves at least a hundred times faster than Reed, with reflexes to boot.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Just for for some extra "flava" I'm going to assume the Civil War relationships are a factor here. That said if Cap and Cloack team up that leaves Reed without a partner (I highly doubt Wonder Woman would think she needs help from stretch armstrongs smarter older brother).

I think a Cap and WW win here is most likely. Too bad since I like Reed more than Cap.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Just for for some extra "flava" I'm going to assume the Civil War relationships are a factor here. That said if Cap and Cloack team up that leaves Reed without a partner (I highly doubt Wonder Woman would think she needs help from stretch armstrongs smarter older brother).

I think a Cap and WW win here is most likely. Too bad since I like Reed more than Cap.

Err one of her league mates is Plastic Man.

I don't think she'd shrug off a stretcher so easily.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006

she hates him though

she'd just be like oh another one of these morons SLICE

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:

she hates him though

she'd just be like oh another one of these morons SLICE

But he's the goddamn Mr. Fantastic.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I do feel bad for him, since he's always relying on the Four to buy him time while he makes cool stuff

But no one here likes him

Scooter on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    maybe the 'special equipment' he brings could be his wife

because he treats her like an object oh ho ho

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    maybe the 'special equipment' he brings could be his wife

because he treats her like an object oh ho ho

ZING!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    See, now those previews of Manhunter vs Wonder Woman confuse the shit out of me.

I know nothing of Manhunter...does she have any level of powers that would let her hang with Wonder Woman? Or would WW be able to scale her strength down to give someone a fairer fight?

Still, I don't think Reed totally ignored Hank Pyms work on controlling insects, so it's very likely he either HAS a device to control bees, or knows how to make one quickly. And since Wonder Womans skin can be pierced by bullets, I think a giant bee could do the trick too.

I'm giving it to Mr. Fantastic and Cap.

Manhunter has Darkstar armor, so she is really fucking good, but Wonder Woman scaled down her speed/strength in that fight. Scaled up lesbian overtones, though.

Wonder Woman is a slightly less powerful superman with WAY better skills and equipment.

Captain America is the best person ever. He can take anyone in a fight, and his shield is invincible. It takes what, Galactus to do anything to it?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    this is gonna be a little hard, cuz only dianna is the "toe to toe" type hero here and everyone is smart enough not to.
    so at this point in the debate i think the heroes are too smart for stupid tactics and would totally use their environments and options to their fullest advantages and we should really be taking group dynamics into consideration instead of "LOL He'll punch him into space because he did it in this comic remember? LOL". I also think that we shouldnt rule out simple heroes cuz theyre "outclassed", so easily. underestimating batman is what causes people to lose. (yes i think batman could have lasted further in a fight for powers rant off) heroes arent stupid, or theyd be dead.

so here's my situation:
    cap would totally be watching a clip of reed and diana (im sure that hes already seen reed fight plenty) but he'll study up on diana just like civil war ASM issue. would cap be using antmans helmet? i think he would, but would keep it just in case. and not wear it around.

diana would totally be watching for cap and reed. and soup up with some weapons (magical?)

cloak would just handle his bizness (meditate to keep from being overtaken by the dark dimension)

reed would bring his sonic light gun from maximum carnage arc. sure not the best weapon, but versatile.

as soon as the fight starts, cap would team up with cloak. (special items would be radio between them) and book it for the cornfield or france.

reed would also hole up in france to prep a work station. would head for the jungle, use her animal empathy to raise some hell.

first blood would go to diana (hit em hard hit em fast) going after reed in france. animals are shut down by reed, but the gun is taken out by the bracelets. though reed is elastic, reed has been known to be knocked out by being struck in the head unawares. thats where the shield would pop in.

Reed is down, not out. animals go after cloak and america with diana in hot pursuit in france. cap and cloak would use geurilla tactics and shit as they make their way from the cornfield to the bee hive. the radios would allow cloak and cap to communicate pincer attacks and traps for the animals to thin down diana and teleport away. just in case diana went toe to toe with cap in the field, cap would hopefully have studied her well enough to evade enough attacks to prevent from being pounded into a pulp and for cloak to get there and get away. Keep in mind that diana isnt flustered because of her enhanced senses (constantly telling the animals where to go at each instance she hears cap and cloak) but shes just simply being shadowed by caps tactics and experience.

eventually dianna would make it to the end of the cornfield. where cap would just lure her with a "toe-to-toe" bait by the hive. the helmet would be used to cotrol the killer bugs to DISTRACT her (bugs vs. WW seriously?) hopefully that would give cap enough of an advantage to get pokes and force her towards cloak (who isnt in view.)

so just as dianna is going at it with cap, cloak pops out to spring the trap. but is shot by reed holding the fixed sonic light gun. (its Mr. fantastic, why cant he fix his own stuff?) using light to fight cloak would certainly screw him up for some bit.
    cloak is down

cap, still at it with WW is distracted by cloak, and takes a few licks and the helmet gets wrecked but not before taking out the sonic gun for good (good ol' shield) . cap on the ground, dianna goes in but is wrapped tight by reed. though she has a magical sword, dianna just doesnt have leverage. dianna out by asphyxiation(did you really think she would be knocked out by force?)

cap gets up ready to pound reed. but the contest is over.

bitter victory for cap.
    winners: cap and fantastic.

edit: now back to studying for my midterm

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Eh? WW can control animals now?

And I might give Ant-man's tech to Reed, but not so much to Cap.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    animal empath isnt she?

i personally didnt think she could, but could coax some animals and stuff to at least join her.

edit: the antman tech is in avengers mansion not at the baxter building.you can only go to your group place to prep

delphinus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Captain America is the best person ever. He can take anyone in a fight, and his shield is invincible. It takes what, Galactus to do anything to it?

There is no way Captain America could take Wonder Woman, and if you think so, you're retarded.

Her sword is magic and "can slice the electrons off of atoms". His shield can't do shit to that.

I don't know much on Cap, but isn't he "old fashioned"? Might say something about not hitting a lady or whatnot, which would piss Diana right off.

or is that golden age cap

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

There is no way Captain America could take Wonder Woman, and if you think so, you're retarded.

Her sword is magic and "can slice the electrons off of atoms". His shield can't do shit to that.

I don't know much on Cap, but isn't he "old fashioned"? Might say something about not hitting a lady or whatnot, which would piss Diana right off.

I'm sure he's fought enough super-villain chicks for that to not be a problem. But yea, there's no way Cap could hit WW hard enough for her to go down.

Scooter on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If this is a straight up fight, I'm going to say Wonder Woman and Cap, but I think it'll be a lot closer than expected. Cloak and Reed have just enough power to keep it interesting, but battle experience ought to win out here. Since Cap knows all about Reed and Cloak, I can't imagine that he hasn't analyzed their weaknesses at least once.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

I'm sure he's fought enough super-villain chicks for that to not be a problem. But yea, there's no way Cap could hit WW hard enough for her to go down.

Super-villain chicks wearing an American costume?

(which I've never understood why she wears that)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    She wears an American looking costume because she's supposed to be an ambassador to man's world and they wanted her to suck up to the most important country. Or at least that rationale was given for a while, don't know if it's been retconned.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Betsy Ross was an Amazon, so if anything it's our flag that's imitating her.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

ofcourse he couldnt take her on. but cap doesnt win by brute force alone. thats what i said before is the thing that people are forgetting. heroes arent retards that pound on eachother at this point. cap would have to trap her some other way. last time i checked cap could take hard punches. all he would have to do is be careful of the sword, which i dont even think would cut it.
    that thing blocked a punch from the infinity gauntlet.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I think Wonder Woman's animal empathy means the bees won't sting her, and she may be able to tell where people are by observing the behaviors of the animals reacting to people, but I'm almost sure she can't sic animals on people.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

ofcourse he couldnt take her on. but cap doesnt win by brute force alone. thats what i said before is the thing that people are forgetting. heroes arent retards that pound on eachother at this point. cap would have to trap her some other way. last time i checked cap could take hard punches. all he would have to do is be careful of the sword, which i dont even think would cut it.

Wonder Woman is also a tactician, one of the best in the DCU. While Cap is probably better at that than she, her other strengths outnumber his.

And if Thor's hammer can dent Cap's shield, Diana's sword can definitely cut it.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    I think Wonder Woman's animal empathy means the bees won't sting her, and she may be able to tell where people are by observing the behaviors of the animals reacting to people, but I'm almost sure she can't sic animals on people.

im taking this into consideration. but im gonna wait for what other people have to say. im sure she could get some sort of stampede or sway some animals to hook her up not with an army but at least some distractions.

still though, im more than sure thats how cap would fight. ally, plan, battle tactics and then teamwork for the win.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taking hard punches and avoiding the sword isn't all he would have to do to beat her. He'd actually have to, you know, beat her somehow. And I'm not seeing any way for Cap to do that...Cloak could port her, Reed could possibly suffocate her, but all in all I think it's pretty guaranteed she's moving on from this round.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Wonder Woman is also a tactician, one of the best in the DCU. While Cap is probably better at that than she, her other strengths outnumber his.

And if Thor's hammer can dent Cap's shield, Diana's sword can definitely cut it.

so at best her sword will be able to damage the shield? i can settle with that idea. afterall thors hammer didnt leave a hole in it. so why would diannas sword cut it like butter?

edit: theyre all not fighting 1on1 each instance, but in a rumble. like said in that long ass story, id think that cap would use cloak as an advantage whether they're allied or not

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taking hard punches and avoiding the sword isn't all he would have to do to beat her. He'd actually have to, you know, beat her somehow. And I'm not seeing any way for Cap to do that...Cloak could port her, Reed could possibly suffocate her, but all in all I think it's pretty guaranteed she's moving on from this round.
    And remember, Cloak has to teleport her, or Reed has to choke her, before she cuts them in fucking half.
    Delphinus, her sword was enchanted by the Greek Gods to cut anything. It cut Superman's thumb when he touched it in Kingdom Come. Thor's hammer doesn't have special "pounding" magic, it's just a big rock swung by a phenomenally strong guy. Wonder Woman's sword should have no problem with Cap's shield, not that it matters cuz Cap'll arrange for her to take the other two out before they ever have to fight.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

so at best her sword will be able to damage the shield? i can settle with that idea. afterall thors hammer didnt leave a hole in it. so why would diannas sword cut it like butter?

"a magically forged sword that was a gift from Hephaestus that was so sharp that it can carve the electrons off an atom"

That's why it would. Cap's shield isn't magic or anything

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    delphinus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

edit: theyre all not fighting 1on1 each instance, but in a rumble. like said in that long ass story, id think that cap would use cloak as an advantage whether they're allied or not

...You understand the differences between a hammer and a sword, right?

Cap's shield may be one of the hardest things in the Marvel universe, but the sword is magically sharp. It's like an ancient lightsaber. No way it would hold up.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Diana's sword would cut Cap's shield in half.

Because it is magically empowered to cut anything.

Mjolnir is just tougher than Cap's shield because it is magically empowered to be completely and utterly indestructible.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:

And remember, Cloak has to teleport her, or Reed has to choke her, before she cuts them in fucking half.
    Delphinus, her sword was enchanted by the Greek Gods to cut anything. It cut Superman's thumb when he touched it in Kingdom Come.

good point. much better than "it cuts all shit up".
    so im convinced that it can do a LOT of damage to the shield, maybe even cut it in half. (its stronger than we're giving it credit for.) in any case its not unliftable like thors hammer right?
    there should be a way to get that away from her, be it reed or cap. they just have to keep her arms from moving.
    it would just be a shame for this whole contest to be based on brute force like DBZ or some lame ass im stronger than you LOL, instead of the brain that they actually use to fight.

delphinus on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Diana would probably go after the other guys before fighting Cap. He's essentially a more badass Steve Trevor, ain't he? Or Superman's nobility mixed with Batman's determination and skill.

Dude's dreamy.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Hey, we're not playing a game of chess here. If someone's going to move on, it has to be more than just brains alone. Unless it's Layla Miller. Who should've totally been in this.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Hey, we're not playing a game of chess here. If someone's going to move on, it has to be more than just brains alone. Unless it's Layla Miller. Who should've totally been in this.

yeah i know theyre not sitting down and playing competitve cards or anything, but you really have to look at the people still in the rounds. most of these heroes didnt get to their status by pounding a problem into a solution.

delphinus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well

Cap is the best fighter in marvel, pretty much

best leader/tactician

amazing shield. It's not just super-strong, but it actually absorbs kinetic energy.

a nice guy, and a symbol of freedom.

I could very well see Wonder Woman and him teaming up.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006

Read the dialogue from that preview - Wonder Woman is sparring with her like she would the other Amazons on Themyscira. You know, complimenting Manhunter on her moves before givin' her the ol' bondage treatment. Wonder Woman would never use her full power in a fight like this, since that would likely kill most of the people she'd ever spar with.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Well

best leader/tactician

amazing shield. It's not just super-strong, but it actually absorbs kinetic energy.

I think officially Cyclops is the best tactician in Marvel, Cap is 2nd.

Cyclops got robbed

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    No way. Cyclops is good, but Captain America is on another level. Not only does the super-soldier serum apparenlty make him as intelligent as humanly possible (according to wikipedia, and I don't know that they're right there, but it sounds good), he's got decades more experience and is a natural leader, unlike Cyclops, who apparently only got the job so he would feel better about himself.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Well

best leader/tactician

Cyclops got robbed

ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Well

best leader/tactician

Cyclops got robbed

to be honest...
    gilligans-isIand.png

delphinus on