Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT C: RESULTS

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Whine whine whine.

Jeeze, shut up.

hey, if i do it, maybe i'll get a forum to mod, too!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Whine whine whine.

Jeeze, shut up.

When your reasoning is 'meh'..sorry.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think people are forgetting that Mr. Fantastic has no real combat training, or even the same training with his abilities as Plastic Man. he spends most of his time just being a scientist, after all.

And whenever there's a superhero fight, he's always the one who tries to calm everyone down and stretch around a guy to restrain him. He then gets stunned as the guy breaks out.

He might be hard to hurt, but he's not impossible to hurt and he can be taken off-guard. And since he knows less about fighting than at least two of these combatants, I don't think he has a shot.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    muffin man, I don't understand your vote against Diana

and the two people who put Wonder Woman last are retarded

It's mostly to piss off Terrorbyte.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

this should be a good enough reason for EVERYBODY

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I think people are forgetting that Mr. Fantastic has no real combat training, or even the same training with his abilities as Plastic Man. he spends most of his time just being a scientist, after all.

And whenever there's a superhero fight, he's always the one who tries to calm everyone down and stretch around a guy to restrain him. He then gets stunned as the guy breaks out.

He might be hard to hurt, but he's not impossible to hurt and he can be taken off-guard. And since he knows less about fighting than at least two of these combatants, I don't think he has a shot.

he's part of that fantastic four... :roll:

saying he doesn't know how to fight is pretty short sighted

still, i did give him my #3 spot...

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I admit I've only read a few Fantastic Four books, but it usually seems like Ben, Johnny, and Sue are the better fighters. Reed coordinates, figures out the strange shit they come upon (they don't fight crime, after all, but rather deal with Fantastic shit), invents, and shows himself to be out of touch with the rest of humanity. He never goes balls out, "Come 'git some!" Frankly, I doubt he even enjoys fighting. Have you ever seen Mr. F training?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    He's definitely not a fighter. He'd be in his lab 24-7 if he didn't have powers, or if people stopped attacking NYC.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    To be fair...

[quote=Wiki entry on Mr. Fantastic]He has been known to turn scraps of machinery into deadly weaponry within seconds[/quote]

I don't think 2 hours is "too short" for Reed to design something to ruin everyones shit.

Also I could've sworn I read somewhere he actually was a formidable martial artist...wish I could fucking remember.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I admit I've only read a few Fantastic Four books, but it usually seems like Ben, Johnny, and Sue are the better fighters. Reed coordinates, figures out the strange shit they come upon (they don't fight crime, after all, but rather deal with Fantastic shit), invents, and shows himself to be out of touch with the rest of humanity. He never goes balls out, "Come 'git some!" Frankly, I doubt he even enjoys fighting. Have you ever seen Mr. F training?

tru dat, but still, he's part of the FF man. he's not a bad fighter by any means at all. his life pretty much demands that he knows how to fight pretty damn well.

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It's 20 minutes, and deadly weaponry isn't very impressive when you consider that a gun is considered a deadly weapon. In 20 minutes, he couldn't build something to beat Wonder Woman. In fact, he'd be better off taking along one of the weapons he already has in his lab that he spent more than 20 minutes designing and building prior to the tournament (anything he's ever used before in a comic that wasn't destroyed).

He is, compared to other superheroes who've actually dedicated themselves to fighting, a poor fighter.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    To be fair...

[quote=Wiki entry on Mr. Fantastic]He has been known to turn scraps of machinery into deadly weaponry within seconds

I don't think 2 hours is "too short" for Reed to design something to ruin everyones shit.

Also I could've sworn I read somewhere he actually was a formidable martial artist...wish I could fucking remember.[/quote]
    Prep time's only twenty minutes this round, though if he can do it in seconds, that won't really matter. Still, I think twenty minutes is a little too short even for him to really come up with something crazy.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Keith wrote:

this should be a good enough reason for EVERYBODY

Well, considering she's an overwhelming favorite this round, I didn't even notice the post. Better luck next time, dudes.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I don't really care what happens in this fight and I've already voted so what I say next is simply for the fun of it.

If Reed brings in a gun of some kind (normal,laser,sniper whatev) and waits for WW and Cap to start fighting, couldn't reed simply shoot Cap in the face when he's distracted?

To use a shield you need to see where the attack is coming from, and bullets (or better yet laser beams) move pretty fast. Naturally Cap has been blocking bullets since WW2 so this is a moot point, but still.

laser sniper rifle+paitence+cap not seeing it coming = big hole in caps face. At least that recipe works in Tribes.

:)

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I don't really care what happens in this fight and I've already voted so what I say next is simply for the fun of it.

If Reed brings in a gun of some kind (normal,laser,sniper whatev) and waits for WW and Cap to start fighting, couldn't reed simply shoot Cap in the face when he's distracted?

To use a shield you need to see where the attack is coming from, and bullets (or better yet laser beams) move pretty fast. Naturally Cap has been blocking bullets since WW2 so this is a moot point, but still.

laser sniper rifle+paitence+cap not seeing it coming = big hole in caps face. At least that recipe works in Tribes.

Reed has no training as a marksman either, you know.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

Can't he do that thing with his eyes, or is that only Ultimate Reed?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

?

Ultimate Reed can do a thing with the rods and cones in his eyes to temporarily give him super-vision. I was enquiring as to whether Reed's powers were comparable.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

?

Ultimate Reed can do a thing with the rods and cones in his eyes to temporarily give him super-vision. I was enquiring as to whether Reed's powers were comparable.

No, Ultimate Reed bends the lenses of his eyes.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Is excellent vision all you need to be a good shot?

I mean, it's not like Cap would be standing still waiting for someone to tag him in the head.

Meanwhile, while Reed is doing his vision thing, anybody (Cloak, if it's Cap fighting Diana) could just clock him from behind.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Is excellent vision all you need to be a good shot?

Not at all. No fucking way whatsoever. Reed could have the world's best vision and he'd still suck as a sniper.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    I'm not entirely sure how Cap could beat anyone here, actually.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:

Force of will.
    Fuck imagine if he ever got a GL ring.

He could beat superboy prime and thanos at the same time.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

Force of will.

Force of will doesn't prevent you from being suffocated or punched really hard in the damn face.

Honestly, Cap is one of my favorite characters, but Wonder Woman can snap him in two.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

Force of will.

Force of will doesn't prevent you from being suffocated or punched really hard in the damn face.

Honestly, Cap is one of my favorite characters, but Wonder Woman can snap him in two.

This is very true. But she would not snap him in two.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

Force of will.

This is very true. But she would not snap him in two.

No, but she could punch him really fucking hard

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    i love WW and all but theres just one thing i have to say...

kluddmo2.jpg

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I've never understood why people like cap so much, or for that matter why he is written as a badass(in the fighting sense not the attitude sense). He's a strong guy with a shield... thats all.

A punk with a machine gun should be able to take him out, just shoot him in his big ugly boots. :)

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:

By the top spot for Cap explanations in the vote thread, it's because he's a "master tactician". All the posts mentioning this fail to mention that Wonder Woman is also a "master tactician".

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Geebs wrote:

By the top spot for Cap explanations in the vote thread, it's because he's a "master tactician". All the posts mentioning this fail to mention that Wonder Woman is also a "master tactician".

I can agree to this.

Especially since it's 616 Cap, who, while a better character(IMO), is nowhere near as powerful as Ultimate.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I've never understood why people like cap so much, or for that matter why he is written as a badass(in the fighting sense not the attitude sense). He's a strong guy with a shield... thats all.

A punk with a machine gun should be able to take him out, just shoot him in his big ugly boots. :)

Even though I don't think he could win this fight, this post is pretty retarded.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Caveman paws:

captain america is as strong, fast, and intelligent as it is possible to be as a human. His body also doesn't generate fatigue poisons, so he never tires.

His shield absorbs kinetic energy, and can be ricocheted seven ways from sunday.

He's a powerhouse.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Caveman paws:

captain america is Captain Motherfucking America.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    *Changes his name and leaves North America forever in hopes of avoiding the Captain America fanboy's wrath*

I'm just saying he isn't bullet proof. And no matter how strong or fast or tough your shield is eventually a bullet will find its way into him.

But then this is comic book land. I retract my statement!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    *Changes his name and leaves North America forever in hopes of avoiding the Captain America fanboy's wrath*

I'm just saying he isn't bullet proof. And no matter how strong or fast or tough your shield is eventually a bullet will find its way into him.

Nooo, as long as Cap has his shield, he's pretty much bulletproof because chances are if you have to use a gun, Cap's faster than you.

And if he doesn't have his shield, he'll dodge. How? Well, decades of experience, chum.

He is Captain America

and he will beat you up.

And Cap isn't just a "master tactician."

He's the greatest tactician in both the JLA and the Avengers combined.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

There are very few hero's who are bullet proof. Yet somehow, they manage to avoid being shot. Why is Cap any different?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Richards lost?

Even after I put forth the idea that he could build a machine to control the giant bees?

What is wrong with you people?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Olivaw wrote:
    Richards lost?

Even after I put forth the idea that he could build a machine to control the giant bees?

He was up against Wonder Woman and Captain America.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Olivaw wrote:
    Richards lost?

Ooo, I missed that, else I woulda voted for him.

I give points for creativity.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    If Multiple Man and Gravity don't get to beat Captain Marvel by making his head explode and causing his pants to fall down (respectively), then Reed doesn't get to mind control a bunch of bees.

robosagogo on