Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT D: RESULTS

14567810»

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Wolverine beat Cap? Woah. I know Wolverine was supposed to be the deadiliest man on earth, but I thought that was just because cap doesn't kill people unless they're nazis.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Wolverine beat Cap? Woah. I know Wolverine was supposed to be the deadiliest man on earth, but I thought that was just because cap doesn't kill people unless they're nazis.

It was in the origins book.

Of course Cap beat him up in Enemy of the State, so... I dunno.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

see, this annoys the crap out of me. wolverine should be portrayed as a badass fighter, not someone who blindly charges knowing he can take a million bullets to the chest

anyhow, does anybody have a rough idea of the top marvel fighters?

Guek on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

see, this annoys the crap out of me. wolverine should be portrayed as a badass fighter, not someone who blindly charges knowing he can take a million bullets to the chest

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

I seem to remember Taskmaster getting his ass handed to him by Captain America on a monthly basis. Its been years since I've followed the character, but has anything changed that would give him an edge?

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

1. Taskmaster.

after that it's: Daredevil, Deadpool, Captain America, Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Iron Fist, and some other guys I'm forgetting.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

:? no, i dont think that's right. especially the taskmaster being number one part.

i know it's just the inner fanboy in my wailing and i know he probably isn't but is spidey really not considered a top fighter? i always figured he was. him and DD both

edit: seriously? taskmaster? i'm with terrobyte on this one, i thought he got his ass handed to him all the time

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Iron Fist
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

I seem to remember Taskmaster getting his ass handed to him by Captain America on a monthly basis. Its been years since I've followed the character, but has anything changed that would give him an edge?

Taskmaster gets his ass handed to him by heroes because he's a villain. The man's power automatically makes him the best hand to hand fighter in the world. Although I did forget Iron Fist, so he's in there now too. these are not necessarily in the correct order though

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

1. Taskmaster.

after that it's: Daredevil, Deadpool, Captain America, Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Iron Fist, and some other guys I'm forgetting.

Shang Chi.

I think Daredevil is 2 or 3, because he has not set style but a blend of all different forms. I think Wolverine is really profiecient in one or two styles

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

1. Taskmaster.

Shang Chi.

I think Daredevil is 2 or 3, because he has not set style but a blend of all different forms. I think Wolverine is really profiecient in one or two styles

wolverine has mastered nearly all of the martial arts styles of the world. it's cuz he's so oooooooooooooooooooooooooold

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

:? no, i dont think that's right. especially the taskmaster being number one part.

i know it's just the inner fanboy in my wailing and i know he probably isn't but is spidey really not considered a top fighter? i always figured he was. him and DD both

well I thought you meant actual dedicated fighting. Spidey's reactionary, and he has super strength. so yeah he's a really good fighter, but I was basically talking straight hand to hand trained martial artists. same thing with daredevil, though I'm sure he does have martial arts training.

shit I forgot electra.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I don't care what you guys say, Shang Chi has to be number two. I almost considered putting him number one, but come on guys. He's the master of kung-fu.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I don't care what you guys say, Shang Chi has to be number two. I almost considered putting him number one, but come on guys. He's the master of kung-fu.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Wolverine is regarded as one of the finest hand to hand fighters in the Marvel Universe, able to defeat the likes of Shang-Chi (X-Men Vol. 1 # 62) and Captain America in single combat. (Captain America # 404 / Wolverine Origins # 4-5)

*shrugs* i dunno. though the fact that it was in an x-men and wolverine book probably makes a wolrd of difference

what about iron fist?

Guek on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:
    Wolverine is regarded as one of the finest hand to hand fighters in the Marvel Universe, able to defeat the likes of Shang-Chi (X-Men Vol. 1 # 62) and Captain America in single combat. (Captain America # 404 / Wolverine Origins # 4-5)

*shrugs* i dunno. though the fact that it was in an x-men and wolverine book probably makes a wolrd of difference

what about iron fist?

Pretty much everyone has beaten everyone.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Taskmaster
    Shang Chi
    Captain America
    Wolverine
    Black Panther

edit: seriously? taskmaster? i'm with terrobyte on this one, i thought he got his ass handed to him all the time
    Spider-Man, as I recall, has no actual training. He's really fast and has great reflexes, but he's not a top fighter because he relies on his super powers instead of learning how to actually fight. Taskmaster's gotta be number one, thanks to his training, reflexes, and the fast-forward button on his DVD player. Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Cap and Wolverine are probably the rest of the top 5, with Daredevil and Black Panther just outside.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

:^: good call

seems a lot different from DC's relatively strict heirarchy...

Guek on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

I want a comic that's nothing but Squirrel Girl getting beaten into paste.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

Not really. Pretty much everyone beats up everyone there too.

This list things, they aren't really rules. They're more like guidlines.

And everyone forgets that Conner is one of the best martial artists.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

I wouldn't call it strict, it just seems to be more relatively defined by a majority. I mean, that original list was kind of broad, you could narrow it down by fighting style and have completely different people. Wildcat would definately be near the top when it comes to straight up brawling, as with guys like Hourman and hell, even Ollie is a pretty good scapper. But then Bats and co. are more technical fighters, proficient in many different forms of fighting. Then you have strict martial artists, like Dragon, Shiva, Question and such.

And then you have Lobo who kills all. See?

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

by doctor doom

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

by doctor doom

Bah. Squirrel Girl is the world's greatest hero. And the Great Lake Champions are the world's greatest superhero team.

There is no question about this. None!

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    wikipedia wrote:

what about iron fist?

I would pay $7.00 for that comic.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    radical_mutationsradical_mutations Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    i would buy several, and distribute them to orphans.

radical_mutations on
    HAHhahhaHAHAHhahHAHHAhHhaahHAHAAHHhHAhaaHAA... Wait-a-minute... That's not funny!