Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT D: RESULTS

145679

Posts

  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Does anyone else see what he is doing?

    He's starting dumb arguments in every fucking thread...

    1. It's a debate thread. The whole point is to have a rational argument.

    2. I don't think my argument is very dumb at all. I, like many others here, have referred to certain traits and aspects of characters from their respective comics and comic universes.

    3. We don't always agree. Some people make utterly baseless arguments, and it's hard to discuss them without attacking their flaws. I never once made it a personal attack. You know, the kind of personal attack you're making against me right here, right now.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Does anyone else see what he is doing?

    He's starting dumb arguments in every fucking thread...

    1. It's a debate thread. The whole point is to have a rational argument.

    2. I don't think my argument is very dumb at all. I, like others here, have referred to certain traits and aspects of characters from their respective comics and comic universes.

    3. We don't always agree. A supported argument will be discussed. Baseless, self-deflated argument will be ridiculed.

    I see what you're doing here. You don't like me, so you're coming up with whatever bullshit you can to smear me, instead of participating in the debate. Too bad.

    No, this is beyond arguement. What you are doing is pissing people off.

    Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Don't just jump on the "hate Terrorbyte" bandwagon because you don't like what he's saying. His posts here have been totally fine.

    Also, there's way more Kitty Pryde wankery here than Flash wankery. Kitty Pryde and Deadpool are GV's Wolverine.

    Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    No, this is beyond arguement. What you are doing is pissing people off.

    You're pissing me off, but I can keep my mouth shut and let people say what they want without OUTRIGHT INSULTING THEM.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/goldage/Flash-01-11.JPG

    In this comic page from an old Jay Garrick comic, the side bar goes on to say he can move at the speed of light. I was under the impression he only moved at the speed of sound, which is it?

    Edit: upon re-reading the sidebar it is probably the worst "explanation" ever. Though it was most likely written in the early 60's so you can't be too harsh on them.

    He has decellerated age, but since he's a metahuman, his powers are aging with him

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte's arguments hold water. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree... god I sound like such a hippy.

    Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte's arguments hold water. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree... god I sound like such a hippy.

    The sad thing is, when Terrorbyte isn't being a complete dick, he can be really well informed and articulate. Sadly, those qualities are over-shadowed by his desire to simply be a jerk. Sad to say, but that did have an impact on where the Flash placed in my vote.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Terrorbyte's arguments hold water. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree... god I sound like such a hippy.

    The sad thing is, when Terrorbyte isn't being a complete dick, he can be really well informed and articulate. Sadly, those qualities are over-shadowed by his desire to simply be a jerk. Sad to say, but that did have an impact on where the Flash placed in my vote.

    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Oh my God, a Marvel character can be threatened by mere grunts, and a whole shit ton of DC characters (and Batman) are invincible.

    This is an enormous shock to me.

    Not invincible, just more proven in battle. If we were talking about Iron Fist or Daredevil in hand-to-hand here, I'd be betting against most DCU fighters.

    Fine. Spidey beats Firelord. Therefore, he can beat Batman easily.

    The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Oh my God, a Marvel character can be threatened by mere grunts, and a whole shit ton of DC characters (and Batman) are invincible.

    This is an enormous shock to me.

    Not invincible, just more proven in battle. If we were talking about Iron Fist or Daredevil in hand-to-hand here, I'd be betting against most DCU fighters.

    Fine. Spidey beats Firelord. Therefore, he can beat Batman easily.

    What does that have to do with this fight?

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    gdfingflash.jpg


    I bet he's a republican to. *Shakes head* shameful.

    Just for reference, he was under the influence of the Spear of Destiny at the time. Though Im sure the text was written in to prove your "point".
    http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/goldage/Flash-01-11.JPG

    In this comic page from an old Jay Garrick comic, the side bar goes on to say he can move at the speed of light. I was under the impression he only moved at the speed of sound, which is it?

    That's from a golden age Flash story, so yes, things were different back then when it came to powers and such.
    Edit: upon re-reading the sidebar it is probably the worst "explanation" ever. Though it was most likely written in the early 60's so you can't be too harsh on them.

    It's a comic book. Fantasy. Things dont always make sense or have a completely logical explanation. You're looking at something 60 or so years old. Want it to be written for today? "I can feel every single little tiny fiber in my legs twitching. This bullet has speed. Real speed. I need to align my molecules just right for this one...man..this bullet has speed. "

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    They should have nominated Jesse Quick. Maybe a Flash with boobs would have gotten more respect.

    Sigh... oh well.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Oh my God, a Marvel character can be threatened by mere grunts, and a whole shit ton of DC characters (and Batman) are invincible.

    This is an enormous shock to me.

    Not invincible, just more proven in battle. If we were talking about Iron Fist or Daredevil in hand-to-hand here, I'd be betting against most DCU fighters.

    Fine. Spidey beats Firelord. Therefore, he can beat Batman easily.

    What does that have to do with this fight?

    Because stupid bullshit that shouldn't happen happens ALL THE TIME and you shouldn't fucking use it to base off someone winning.

    Jesus christ you're thick.

    The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyways, I apologize for the little tiff we had last night Spectre. But as you can see, people agreed with me, whether it was because Terrorbyte is a dick (something we can all agree on) or because Kitty simply kicks ass.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Or because people didn't know anything about the Flash.

    But yes, I apologize too.

    dick ass

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Garrick_ross.jpg

    Don't worry Jay..you're still #1 in my eyes.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    looks like alex ross was going to give Jay a giant package, but drew his leg in front of it

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    looks like alex ross was going to give Jay a giant package, but drew his leg in front of it

    Eyes up mister.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    looks like alex ross was going to give Jay a giant package, but drew his leg in front of it

    Eyes up mister.

    i always go right to the package when looking at alex ross art

    all thanks to captain marvel

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    looks like alex ross was going to give Jay a giant package, but drew his leg in front of it

    Eyes up mister.

    i always go right to the package when looking at alex ross art

    all thanks to captain marvel

    :roll:

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    looks like alex ross was going to give Jay a giant package, but drew his leg in front of it

    Eyes up mister.

    i always go right to the package when looking at alex ross art

    all thanks to captain marvel

    :roll:

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Oh my God, a Marvel character can be threatened by mere grunts, and a whole shit ton of DC characters (and Batman) are invincible.

    This is an enormous shock to me.

    Not invincible, just more proven in battle. If we were talking about Iron Fist or Daredevil in hand-to-hand here, I'd be betting against most DCU fighters.

    Fine. Spidey beats Firelord. Therefore, he can beat Batman easily.

    What does that have to do with this fight?

    Because stupid bullshit that shouldn't happen happens ALL THE TIME and you shouldn't fucking use it to base off someone winning.

    That doesn't make any sense.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Oh my God, a Marvel character can be threatened by mere grunts, and a whole shit ton of DC characters (and Batman) are invincible.

    This is an enormous shock to me.

    Not invincible, just more proven in battle. If we were talking about Iron Fist or Daredevil in hand-to-hand here, I'd be betting against most DCU fighters.

    Fine. Spidey beats Firelord. Therefore, he can beat Batman easily.

    What does that have to do with this fight?

    Because stupid bullshit that shouldn't happen happens ALL THE TIME and you shouldn't fucking use it to base off someone winning.

    That doesn't make any sense.

    Well of course not, it was part of your argument.

    The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Well of course not, it was part of your argument.

    Actually, it wasn't. It was a straw man argument that you just made up. My argument is that Kitty isn't some kind of invincible ninja demon mutant she-goddess. She's had her ass handed to her on numerous occasions. Yeah, she's tough. Yeah, she's a great character. But, if we're gonna have comic book fights, we need to base them on the characters as they have been written and not on how we want them to be.

    As for the Wildcat angle, it ain't a Marvel vs. DC thing. I'm not angry at dudes who (gasp!) prefer Marvel. I'm just kind of pissed at dudes who don't know anything at all about the DCU and don't bother to fire up Wikipedia for five seconds so that we can all agree that Jay Garrick won't be smashed by a falling cow.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Offhand, as I recall the official DC "best hand-to-hand fighters" list is something like 1. Lady Shiva 2. Richard Dragon 3. Cassie Cain 4. Batman 5. Black Canary 6. maybe Wildcat? Does he know martial arts other than boxing? Wikipedia doesn't mention anything else.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Offhand, as I recall the official DC "best hand-to-hand fighters" list is something like 1. Lady Shiva 2. Richard Dragon 3. Cassie Cain 4. Batman 5. Black Canary 6. maybe Wildcat? Does he know martial arts other than boxing? Wikipedia doesn't mention anything else.

    Cass took #1 after she beat Shiva.

    Scooter on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Well of course not, it was part of your argument.

    Actually, it wasn't. It was a straw man argument that you just made up. My argument is that Kitty isn't some kind of invincible ninja demon mutant she-goddess. She's had her ass handed to her on numerous occasions. Yeah, she's tough. Yeah, she's a great character. But, if we're gonna have comic book fights, we need to base them on the characters as they have been written and not on how we want them to be.

    while it is a sound argument, the only problem with it is that it happens with all characters no matter what. Wolverine, Spidey and Daredevil are probably among the top 5 if not top 3 hand to hand combatants in the marvel U but they get their asses handed to them all the fricken time. Is this not the case in DC (me no read DC a dur)?

    anyhow, kitty is almost purely a defensive character. *shrugs* she'll be taken out eventually.

    but I do agree with most everybody here who says flash should have moved on and blink should have not.

    Guek on
  • Options
    TyphusTyphus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Shouldn't Tim be there, above Batman?

    Typhus on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I must have been remembering an old list, then. Thanks.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Offhand, as I recall the official DC "best hand-to-hand fighters" list is something like 1. Lady Shiva 2. Richard Dragon 3. Cassie Cain 4. Batman 5. Black Canary 6. maybe Wildcat? Does he know martial arts other than boxing? Wikipedia doesn't mention anything else.

    Lady Shiva has been beaten more times than anyone. Batman beat her. Cassandra Cain beat her. I mean, pretty much everyone has beaten her at this point, including Richard Dragon. And I ain't sure if he's in fighting shape anymore. Cassandra Cain is the big question mark here.

    Wildcat trained Black Canary and Batman, and has beaten up both real good at times. Black Canary might have an edge with her Shivaland training, but Ted is pretty dang tough. There needs to be a Wildcat vs. Cassie Cain soon.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    TyphusTyphus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Meh, it was more of a question than a statement.

    I just think I remember reading Batman saying that the first punch was free after Tims dad got killed then Tim gave Bats a boot to the face.

    Typhus on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Typhus wrote:
    Shouldn't Tim be there, above Batman?

    isn't dick greyson supposed to be a better fighter than bats? wasn't this said by bruce himself?


    or was that just one of "those" comments?

    Guek on
  • Options
    TyphusTyphus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dammit you are right. I ment Dick not Tim.

    :roll:

    Typhus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dick has the fighting edge
    Tim has the detective edge
    Jason has the immortality

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Dick has the fighting edge
    Tim has the detective edge
    Jason has the immortality

    Put all three together and you have Batman.

    Mmmmm....Batman.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Nightwing pounded into him pretty hard in the Fugative arc.

    Bats gave him one free one then the rest was all him.

    I think it's

    1. Cassandra Caine

    2. Shiva

    3. Richard Dragon

    4. Conner Hawke

    5. Wild Cat

    6. Batman

    7. Black Canery.

    Does Prometheus count? Because all his moves are stolen. And David Caine is all over the place. One day he takes down Shiva the next Robin is whaling on hi,

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    anybody know what the list is in the marvel universe?

    i know wolverine decisively beat cap...and they're probably both up there.

    the biggest problem i have with wolverine is that he's usually portrayed as someone who slashes wildly and getting stuffed in the face. but he's supposed to be one of the premiere fighters...*shrugs* i mean, he did kill a city once :wink:

    Guek on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guek wrote:
    anybody know what the list is in the marvel universe?

    i know wolverine decisively beat cap...and they're probably both up there.

    the biggest problem i have with wolverine is that he's usually portrayed as someone who slashes wildly and getting stuffed in the face. but he's supposed to be one of the premiere fighters...*shrugs* i mean, he did kill a city once :wink:

    Where is that from? Other then the mention in AXM I have no idea what thats about.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Guek wrote:
    anybody know what the list is in the marvel universe?

    i know wolverine decisively beat cap...and they're probably both up there.

    the biggest problem i have with wolverine is that he's usually portrayed as someone who slashes wildly and getting stuffed in the face. but he's supposed to be one of the premiere fighters...*shrugs* i mean, he did kill a city once :wink:

    Where is that from? Other then the mention in AXM I have no idea what thats about.

    i believe it happened when he was in the weapon x program. they wanted to test him out so they had him stealth kill an entire city or something like that.

    Guek on
Sign In or Register to comment.