As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Sodomites V: I (should) know where you live!

• HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In if I can be (though I don't post in D&D nearly as often as I wish I did), ships wherever but preferably NA, preferably no NSFW stuff.

Hylianbunny on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In if I can be (though I don't post in D&D nearly as often as I wish I did), ships wherever but preferably NA, preferably no NSFW stuff.
    I'm not positive it's so much being around D&D a lot as much as being known enough that you're not just signing up for free swag and bolting. If it is the second I'd vouch for you.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not positive it's so much being around D&D a lot as much as being known enough that you're not just signing up for free swag and bolting. If it is the second I'd vouch for you.

Love you too, DevAp.

<3

Hylianbunny on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the hell, I'm in too.

International shipping is ok, as is NSFW.

For the record me and BobCesca are a couple so pairing us up wouldn't be a great idea.

japan on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I, on the other hand, hope to get rad in order to save money.

Quid on
  • clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This thread has kinda fallen off the radar lately. I was hoping to know if I could be included in the festivities before I head down to Central America for the next month. That way I know whether or not to smuggle contraband in for my secret santa.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Seriously. Elks, where's the update?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • SamorisSamoris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would love to participate in this, even though I very rarely post on the forums, I lurk much more often than I post. If I'm unable to participate that's understandable.

However, if I can participate, I'd prefer non international shipping, and please no NSFW gifts.

Samoris on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Samoris wrote: »
    I would love to participate in this, even though I very rarely post on the forums, I lurk much more often than I post. If I'm unable to participate that's understandable.

However, if I can participate, I'd prefer non international shipping, and no NSFW.

NSFW is kind of vague. I mean, I work in a penis factory, so anything's game here.

Robos A Go Go on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I only really know the people in D&D, I really want to see this get rolling... I don't want to register in G&T. :(

Organichu on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    elki i could mail you some dank ass weed
    420Lawyer03.jpg

I wanna be paired up with this guy.
    I'm not hip to weed culture.

Is 'dank' good in this context? Cause it's kind of an icky word.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Context clues seem to suggest that it is a positive descriptor.

Kilroy on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jesus Christ, did you people never go to middle school or something?

"Dank" weed is "good" weed. For fuck's sake.

Thanatos on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Yes but how does that reflect on the weed itself? I mean, whether it is positive or negative, the "dank" descriptor in "dank ass weed" clearly describes the ass, not the weed. This still leaves us with the question of whether "ass weed" is good weed, and I am uncertain as to how that correlates with the quality of the ass in question.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    I am quite familiar with weed lingo, but the situation called for a humorously formal answer.

Kilroy on
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Yes but how does that reflect on the weed itself? I mean, whether it is positive or negative, the "dank" descriptor in "dank ass weed" clearly describes the ass, not the weed. This still leaves us with the question of whether "ass weed" is good weed, and I am uncertain as to how that correlates with the quality of the ass in question.

I believe that "ass" is actually and adverb modifying "dank," rather than the other way around. I would take it to mean something like "very" in this context, as in "very dank weed."

Kilroy on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, did you people never go to public school or something?

Fix'd for more accuracy.

Nocturne on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »

Fix'd for more accuracy.

Yes, but almost nobody I hung out with smoked weed, or at least talked about it. The closest I got to being offered drugs was once in high school someone asked if I had a lighter, but didn't even finish the question before realizing it was futile. Also a super hot girl told me based on a joke I'd told her a few days before, her friends wanted to get me high because they thought I'd be super funny.

EDIT: And lest ye think I went to some kind of preppy haven, I went to the Arts Magnet in Dallas. Right smack in downtown, full of the type of people who do drugs. When our school was one of the cleanest in the district in a random drug sweep my freshman year, we were all legitimately shocked. Though it could be because we had some awesome teachers. Our chemistry teacher locked students cigs and cell phones in the supply closet for one sweep.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Fix'd for more accuracy.
    You really think public school kids use more drugs than private school kids? Really?

Thanatos on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why are we talking about drugs?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    because they are cool.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    redx wrote: »
    because they are cool.

No-Quarter on
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Fix'd for more accuracy.
    You really think public school kids use more drugs than private school kids? Really?

It probably depends on the private school.

In retrospect, mine was almost miraculously without casual drug abuse.

Speaker on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    can't 'dank' also refer to delicious food, perhaps when high?

Casual Eddy on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    can't 'dank' also refer to delicious food, perhaps when high?

Never heard that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    man what

dank is usually good unless describing a place or clothing

like 'man this pizza is so dank' means it's excellent

saying 'man this shirt is dank' probably means it needs washing, but could mean it's a neat shirt

throwing dank ass is like saying something is 'hard ass' or it's 'the shit'

man that was weird to explain

Local H Jay on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You're just making shit up.

Stop confusing these nice people.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dank is used a descriptive for good weed because good weed often smells strongly and is sticky. Usage of it to mean "cool" or "good" on other things such as t-shirts totally misses the point.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not to jump the gun, but when were we thinking about sending out people's santees?

werehippy on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Not to jump the gun, but when were we thinking about sending out people's santees?
    Well according to the OP, there are only two people signed up, so... knowing Elki, it'll probably be done by Friday.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    werehippy wrote: »
    Well according to the OP, there are only two people signed up, so... knowing Elki, it'll probably be done by Friday.

SantaCalendar.jpg

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I know who I'm getting!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    Front page updated. Everyone in the list needs to send me PMs.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    elki, do you have a list anywhere of the pairs the last few years? I don't expect you do but if you do I want to know.

I do.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    I would recommend you guys start posting t-shirt sizes, the sort of things you would definitely not be interested in, what game systems you have, etc.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    List edited once more, because.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wear a medium t-shirt, own a 360, Wii, and shiny new PC that ought to be able to run just about anything. While I absolutely adore Terry Pratchett the wife and I currently have every Disc World book he's written minus the science books. So unless it's those I wouldn't bother. I also like Team Fortress 2, Twisp & Catsby, and Portal. Talented artists able to make decent artwork with any of those is highly encouraged to do so. I am in no way intimidated by anything NSFW.

Other stuff is also acceptable.

Edit: I also have Steam for anyone that wants to gift through that. Left 4 Dead looks fun.

Edit 2: Oh, hey, and comics too. Those are awesome. I've been wanting to check out Y the Last Man and Walking Dead for some time now. Fables is neat too and I've only read a couple books from that. In fact, while I like books, I am entirely too busy to read anything more engaging than comics.

Quid on
  • SamorisSamoris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rejected. Oh well, at least I can still participate in the G&T thread, love you all anyways!

Samoris on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I built my own PC for my gaming needs and the only other console I own these days is a Nintendo DS (with games like Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, FFTA2, Harvest Moon: RF, etc).

On my PC, I played WoW since beta but quit earlier this year. I play WAR right now. I have all of Valve's Steam games.

My favorite book is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

I don't drink that much anymore, but beer pong is still my favorite alcohol-related activity. I do smoke cannabis now though.

All sorts of musical tastes ranging from White Stripes & Weezer to Grandmaster Flash and Talib Kweli.

cocks dicks olol

edit: Making a new informative post on page 14.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, updated thread, and Elki must love me even if I did steal Quid away.

Uhhhhhh, t-shirt and clothing type things I'd rather just not recieve; I'm incredibly picky about actually clothing and can be one of three sizes depending thigns like cuts/materials/styles and such so it's best to not deal with it.

Other accessory related things are great, though: buttons, stickers, pins, jewlery (not diamonds and rubies and stuff, but random, creepy, or funny things are great).

I adore books of all sorts; I do fiction, non-fiction, and I'm not really a genre-snob. As Quid said we currently own every Discworld novel so those should probably stay off the list. Anything else fiction goes; books make me happy. I particularly enjoy nonfiction books related to psychology, sociology, sexuality, cabaret, and true crime. Also quirky and amusing memoirs.

I'm obsessed with Amanda Palmer and the Dresden Dolls; I own both Dresden Dolls CDs but nothing else.

I have an affinity for all things cabret and rockabilly in regards to prints, fashion, and general... anythings.

Games and such I don't play nearly as often as Quid; I had a really hardcore obsession with Viva Pinata once I got ahold of it, though, and games along those lines will amuse me for months. I basically own all the gaming things Quid does so you can see his post if this strikes your fancy.

NSFW is not a problem and will probably be full of LOLZ but please don't send me dildos. Or any sort of plugs. I'll hurt you.

I really like strange and amusing and artsy things. Art work, random little objects, nifty stuffed things; I'm, actually, not that hard to please, so I'm sure just about anything will make me happy. I'll edit if I think there's anything else I should mention.

radroadkill on
This discussion has been closed.