As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Untitled [Weeaboo] Thread: All according to plan.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »
    So guys. Code Geass "leak" apparantly.
    Click no further if by chance these happen to be true and you don't wish to be spoiled.
    * Kanon shows up and applies a portable Geass canceler to Schneizel, who then shoots Lelouch who is talking to Nunally.
    * Nunally orders Schneizel to not kill him and simply lock him up, as Lelouch flails on the floor, bleeding.
    * Schneizel shoots Nunally.
    * Lelouch gets fucking pissed and gathers up enough strength to stand up and punch Schneizel, who shrugs the punch off and shoots him again.
    * Suzaku busts through the wall and impales Kanon to a wall and then knocks Schneizel to the ground.
    * Lelouch uses this time to raise a gun to Schneizel and says “Checkmate” and shoots him in the head, killing him.
    * Lelouch and Suzaku take Nunally outside to get her medical attention. Lelouch announces that Schneizel is dead, Nunally is wounded and they are calling for a cease fire.
    * Kaguya, Xing-ke and his loli accept the cease fire, but Lelouch’s soldiers won’t stop fighting, as they are under the control of Geass.
    * Nina realizes that everything is her fault, and she goes out in a mech equipped with a FLEIYA, gets it to critical mass and gets into Lelouch’s soldier’s ranks, blowing them to hell and herself with them (FUCK YEAH!).
    * Kallen still thinks that this is all part of Lelouch’s world domination plan and attacks the mech carrying Lelouch, Suzaku and Nunally. They begin to fight, and Kallen manages to wreck the flight system on Suzaku’s mech, causing them to plummet to the ground.
    * Lelouch and Kallen stand off.
    * Lelouch and Kallen argue with each other.
    * Lelouch apologizes and tells Kallen to shoot him, “It is ok if it is by your hand.”
    * She tells him to say one last thing to Nunally. Nunally is still conscious, and asks him why he did all of this, and he tells her “to make the world a better place for you”. He then says to her “I did not want to use Geass on you… but forgive me…” He casts the geass and then whispers in her ear.
    * He then turns to Kallen, removes his hat, bows and tells her to shoot.
    * Bang.
    Fade to black.
    * Fast forward 2 years.
    * Lelouch and C.C. are living in the mountains, away from the rest of the world. Kallen shot Lelouch in such a way that he is now confined to a wheelchair. He is however happy.
    * Nunally is named Queen of Britannia.
    * Through peace talks, power is taken away from Britannia and freedom restored to the world.
    * Ougi and Viletta got married.
    * Orange and Sayoko are serving Nunally.
    * Cornelia was critically injured by Schnizel, so she cannot fight anymore, but she is now general and master tactician of the Britannian military, she is satisfied with Nunally’s position.
    * No one else died that you haven’t seen die yet.
    * Lelouch’s Geass to Nunally was that she forget he ever existed.
    * Fast forward x amount of years.
    * Lelouch is much older, sitting next to a grave. “Catherine Childs”
    * Fade to black, END.

Heh. I wonder what the chances of this ending happening is. Anyone wanna take bets?

I only watched Code Geass intermittently when I could catch it on TV so I'm not up to speed on everything happening, but
    So Catherine Childs was C.C. and Lelouch is now immortal?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    So is this Mushi-shi show any good

Because it's on Hulu and I've got some time to kill

Watch it. Watch it now, dammit.

I am determined to make this show more popular and inject some taste into anime nerds.

keyartmushishizw5.jpg

You could always make a sig of some sort. You could even have a label along the lines of "Click to watch For free, care of Hulu.com, you filthy unwashed swine." But pretty much everyone should watch it, and it totally supports alternate distribution/licensing methods which always make me feel warm and fuzzy.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Any Code Geass "leaks" are most assuredly just 4chan trolling you, most obviously from the fact that the speculation you have there doesn't address what happens in the fight between
    Orange and Anya

As for fall anime, I'll be watching whatever /a/ decides to collectively become obsessed with.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Janin wrote: »
    Somebody tell me about Jigoku Shojo. Is it interesting? Looks like horror genre, but I don't know how well that works in animation.
    It was pretty good. The first season was okay, but the second is really good. It's also a really nice change that unlike most other 'deal with a devil' type things, you're not always ending on one twist or another screwing the bargainer over. Episode 5 of the second season is one of my favorites. It's not scary booga-boo horror, since the premise is she'll drag someone you hate off to hell, and is up front about the fact that the price is when you die, you're going there too.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Somebody tell me about Jigoku Shojo. Is it interesting? Looks like horror genre, but I don't know how well that works in animation.
    It was pretty good. The first season was okay, but the second is really good. It's also a really nice change that unlike most other 'deal with a devil' type things, you're not always ending on one twist or another screwing the bargainer over. Episode 5 of the second season is one of my favorites. It's not scary booga-boo horror, since the premise is she'll drag someone you hate off to hell, and is up front about the fact that the price is when you die, you're going there too.

And apparently hell is made from reused animation. Scary!

Falx on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone recommend me something to watch this fall.

Nodame looks promising.

---

I assume you mean Nodame Cantibile, which was pretty great.

It started off strong with a few meh episodes here and there, but it stayed pretty consistent and had some really great characters.

It also put me into the mood to throw together a Mario Paint version of the intro, that I still haven't finished.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, what the hell. Macross F ended. I'm looking at the summary, and, what the hell?
    Love triangle not getting resolved, what?

But wait, there's more! There's going to be a Macross F movie!
    I liked the ending, a movie will be fun too.

It doesn't surprise me they didn't resolve the love triangle since both of them survived, it was too messy to be resolved without someone dying.

It seemed a bit odd that when showing the rest of humanity getting attacked they only showed the 11 fleet. After seeing that I hoped they'd run through a few and show the 7 fleet and Basara just as a bit of fanservice.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If anyone wants to give me the fall anime schedule picture I'd be glad to add it to the thread. The title stays for now, until the topic shifts to something more interesting.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Macross Frontier's ending is bad? D:

the waiting for the ep is killing me.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It saddens me that the only group to release Mac F somewhat quickly is GG and I have to wait a week for a resolution my computer can actually view.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright, I have a question regarding Mushi-shi episode 1.
    So, did Renzu become a full mushi or a full human albeit younger? The explanation of the life wine perplexed me.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Macross F Ending:
    as much as the show focuses on the damn mushy love triangle, it didn't even get resolved? What the fuck? I mean, even the battles leading up to this haven't been great. I hate it when they really skimp on the action scenes.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jesuits wrote: »
    It saddens me that the only group to release Mac F somewhat quickly is GG and I have to wait a week for a resolution my computer can actually view.

What are you using to play their releases with, and what CPU do you have in your PC? Because the only time I have slowdown on my old clunker happens to be the black title screen in the middle of the episode when it bursts into particles.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    I am determined to make this show more popular and inject some taste into anime nerds.

right good luck with that
    Goatmon wrote: »

It started off strong with a few meh episodes here and there, but it stayed pretty consistent and had some really great characters.

It also put me into the mood to throw together a Mario Paint version of the intro, that I still haven't finished.

I rarely bother with full titles, especially when there's no other show with "nodame" in its title.

Mario paint looks like fun but :effort:
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Alright, I have a question regarding Mushi-shi episode 1.
    So, did Renzu become a full mushi or a full human albeit younger? The explanation of the life wine perplexed me.
    She became a full Mushi

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ranka Lee is evolving!

Ranka Lee has gained ability "Brightslap"

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Joking about spoilers are still spoilers :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ranka Lee is evolving!

Ranka Lee has gained ability "Brightslap"
    Brightslaps only work if the character is GAR enough.

See: 1217986295522.jpg

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah, another Macross F spoiler.
    Apparently, Bilrer knew Minmei or something, he has her picture in his ring. D'awww.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Barrakketh wrote: »

What are you using to play their releases with, and what CPU do you have in your PC? Because the only time I have slowdown on my old clunker happens to be the black title screen in the middle of the episode when it bursts into particles.

I use VLC for avis, since it is less resource intensive, and MPC for mkvs. This machine is a P4 single core, which can almost run high res stuff if i close out of almost everything else, but I usually just have a laptop with me, which is even worse (~1.5ghz single Pentium M).

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I use VLC for avis, since it is less resource intensive, and MPC for mkvs. This machine is a P4 single core, which can almost run high res stuff if i close out of almost everything else, but I usually just have a laptop with me, which is even worse (~1.5ghz single Pentium M).

Try mplayer/smplayer. It worked fine for me in Windows, and I use it to play all of my videos under Linux on an AthlonXP 2500+. Enabling the optional subtitle library makes it look one hell of a lot better than what VLC used to do (subs were ugly as hell), and I've never used MPC for softsubs so I don't know how good of a job it does. CCCP's H264 decoder was slow as shit anyway :P
    awyglw.png

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For MPC, use the Overlay Mixer to minimize the resource hogging, but yeah, HD videos are generally a pain to render if you have an old CPU.

Which reminds me... what the hell, can anyone explain to me why gg released a 700 Mb episode?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I personally really liked the Macross F ending.
    Love triangle being unresolved is annoying but what the hell. Good singing scenes and good spaceships and transforming robot fighters making eachother explode scenes. Also Macross Attack is always fantastic. I mean seriously how could you not like Quarter blowing up Galaxy's gun and then Frontier coming in and just punching it in half.

Also if you were expecting anything other than "Singing saves the day somehow" you just need to stop watching Macross.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chen wrote: »
    What I've noticed from your posts is that you watch everything.

:winky:

Anyways, anyone have any opinions on Kuroshitsuji? I've heard people talking about BL, but I'm hoping that's just from the yaoi fangirls.

Reading the manga has been interesting. So far no real BL content, but i hear from good sources that it does have it later on.

Anime does look promising though.

Talkc on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You might want to drop the url where you read it from.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Love triangle being unresolved is annoying but what the hell. Good singing scenes and good spaceships and transforming robot fighters making eachother explode scenes. Also Macross Attack is always fantastic. I mean seriously how could you not like Quarter blowing up Galaxy's gun and then Frontier coming in and just punching it in half.

Also if you were expecting anything other than "Singing saves the day somehow" you just need to stop watching Macross.
    i mean, holy crap. the one thing i really didn't like about the finale is the same thing i disliked about the whole series: they tried to cram too much in too few episodes.

i was really hoping they were going to link the Vajra somehow to Macross Zero. or even throw us a bone about where the Vajra came from. maybe how they were connected to the Protoculture. or an explanation about what the HELL the Galaxy fleet was really doing all along.

the finale was fun and enjoyable, but so is a music video. i like the plot idea that song is a power of humans and all that, but dammit, make it a little more than just that.

i also saw that there's a manga series still ongoing. does any of this get explained there? at all?

edit: there's one thing i really found amusing about the finale:
    implied threesome :winky:

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

i mean, holy crap. the one thing i really didn't like about the finale is the same thing i disliked about the whole series: they tried to cram too much in too few episodes.

i was really hoping they were going to link the Vajra somehow to Macross Zero. or even throw us a bone about where the Vajra came from. maybe how they were connected to the Protoculture. or an explanation about what the HELL the Galaxy fleet was really doing all along.

the finale was fun and enjoyable, but so is a music video. i like the plot idea that song is a power of humans and all that, but dammit, make it a little more than just that.

i also saw that there's a manga series still ongoing. does any of this get explained there? at all?

Well they did say that the Protoculture had modelled the... things we saw in Macross Zero on the Vajra, so there was some interaction certainly. Probably what led Dr. Mao Nome to look into them too.

JayKaos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well they did say that the Protoculture had modelled the... things we saw in Macross Zero on the Vajra, so there was some interaction certainly. Probably what led Dr. Mao Nome to look into them too.
    was that in the finale? i must have missed it completely, there was simply too much stuff there!

i'll rewatch it again later methinks...

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Chen wrote: »
    For MPC, use the Overlay Mixer to minimize the resource hogging, but yeah, HD videos are generally a pain to render if you have an old CPU.

Which reminds me... what the hell, can anyone explain to me why gg released a 700 Mb episode?

It was probably for quality reasons because of how excessively action heavy the episode was. There's also like...11 fonts embedded that add a bit to the file size.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If anyone wants to give me the fall anime schedule picture I'd be glad to add it to the thread. The title stays for now, until the topic shifts to something more interesting.

Here it is, http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7624/1215959310446hy5.jpg

And the pic itself, spoilered for size:
    1215959310446hy5.jpg

Falx on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    before I installed a bunch of awesome in my computer, I could watch most of the hd stuff.

It wasn't necessarily smooth, and it would drop like 25 frames when gundam 00 came back from commercial and there was the star burst of pointy shiny particles.

Kemeko sounds totally retarded, but the trailer looks very impressive.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am intrigued by Ride Back.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    blkmageblkmage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's an updated version of the fall preview pic: http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6172/fall2008finalna6.jpg

blkmage on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am intrigued by Ride Back.

The art looks promising, though the summary is light on details.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Lucky Star OVA was entertaining, if you liked the TV series then you'll like it. The Pet Store part was weird and confusing though, and the subbers didn't bother subbing the Live Action Lucky Channel. :(

Also:
    canonqe0ns3.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh. Are those joke subs, or did they actually say that?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

I rarely bother with full titles, especially when there's no other show with "nodame" in its title.

Mario paint looks like fun but :effort:

That'd be a big yes on both counts, especially the latter.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh. Are those joke subs, or did they actually say that?

I'm sure the subbers added the dotdotdotdot bit, but the rest of the OVA was correct.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I finished Macross F. How in the fuck can people not like the ending? It's solid and it works. It's not an unpredictable-for-the-sake-of-being-unpredictable wreck that Geass was. It established itself and followed through to the end. It was both a new story and a tribute to everything we love about Macross.

Seriously. The fuck?
    I really liked that the triangle WASN'T resolved. That's two times so far: Basara didn't either. Alto just wanted to fly and he appreciates both Ranka and Sheryl for giving him the opportunity to.

Also. It's stated, like mentioned a few posts above, that the Vajra are a superdimensional race of creatures that the Protoculture was connected with. Mao's earrings were pretty much a Protoculture artifact from ages past - jewelry made from vajra crystals.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    So I finished Macross F. How in the fuck can people not like the ending? It's solid and it works. It's not an unpredictable-for-the-sake-of-being-unpredictable wreck that Geass was. It established itself and followed through to the end. It was both a new story and a tribute to everything we love about Macross.

Seriously. The fuck?
    I really liked that the triangle WASN'T resolved. That's two times so far: Basara didn't either. Alto just wanted to fly and he appreciates both Ranka and Sheryl for giving him the opportunity to.

Also. It's stated, like mentioned a few posts above, that the Vajra are a superdimensional race of creatures that the Protoculture was connected with. Mao's earrings were pretty much a Protoculture artifact from ages past - jewelry made from vajra crystals.

I agree completely.
    Macross Attack goddamnit how can you not love that. Badass in the original series badass now.

Edit: Nobody saw that.

JayKaos on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

Seriously. The fuck?

I agree completely.
    Macross Attack goddamnit how can you not love that. Badass in the original series badass now.

Edit: Nobody saw that.
    My complaint is that it really should've been two or three episodes.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.