Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]TV Tropes: Epilogue: Checkmate

145791089

Posts

  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feel free. :(

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Feel free. :(

    aww. Don't feel bad. No bad guy would be that uncool, so we know you must be a hapless innocent.

    DeShadowC on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes, yes, let's all just reveal our innate powers through tedious exposition. Surely no villains will find this useful at all, for they will remain conveniently oblivious.

    Nope, the villains never exploit character weaknesses. Bravo, everyone.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yes, yes, let's all just reveal our innate powers through tedious exposition. Surely no villains will find this useful at all, for they will remain conveniently oblivious.

    Nope, the villains never exploit character weaknesses. Bravo, everyone.

    Because it's not like people could just be bored at work and finding a random entry that looks interesting?

    You really thought that through.

    Arasaki on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yes, yes, let's all just reveal our innate powers through tedious exposition. Surely no villains will find this useful at all, for they will remain conveniently oblivious.

    Nope, the villains never exploit character weaknesses. Bravo, everyone.

    Because it's not like people could just be bored at work and finding a random entry that looks interesting?

    You really thought that through.

    Sorry, I wish I had thought things through enough to post random crap out of boredom. o_O

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think you have already fulfilled that wish.

    Wildcat on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We're still voting today as well right?

    !Infidel

    HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Go ahead and vote for me, I'm obviously out for evil right?

    No no, it's alright, who wants to save the world anyways.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yes, yes, let's all just reveal our innate powers through tedious exposition. Surely no villains will find this useful at all, for they will remain conveniently oblivious.

    Nope, the villains never exploit character weaknesses. Bravo, everyone.

    Because it's not like people could just be bored at work and finding a random entry that looks interesting?

    You really thought that through.

    Sorry, I wish I had thought things through enough to post random crap out of boredom. o_O

    I actually really respect you for your awesome CF phalla, so I'm not going to get into a pissing match here.

    Suffice to say, assuming that everyone is stupid enough to drop massive hints about what they are is both slightly insulting and slightly arrogant.

    Arasaki on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man Infidel, does your role demand jerkassism? God forbid people get creative while fashioning entries for the Rule of Cool contest.

    Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maybe he's the Grumpy Bear.

    Wildcat on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Don't you dare vote for Infidel, HamHamJ!

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Through the use of poopsocking, I shall level grind myself up until I am uber-powerful, with shining armour and with 20 levels on anyone else around here. Once I have found the Infinity plus one sword, I shall lay about me, hacking all the noobs in the arena and causing a never-to-be-matched spray of ludicrous gibs.

    After I have saved the princess and saved the world, I'll claim my reward and strike a victory pose.

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lack a grudge for today's vote. Sad.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Huh... I probably should have put more thought into my Rule of Cool entry and added some TVTropes links into it. Ah, well.

    Infidel could have said it nicer, but it is a good reminder to make sure that ones role and ability does not influence ones Rule of Cool entry, either towards or against similarity. Roleplaying is nice and all, but it does make targets out of people - DA's Ultimate Phalla in CF definitely had some of that.

    Something seems a bit off with Infidel today... I'm concerned enough that it's worth putting down a vote. !vote Infidel.

    MrBlarney on
    chirisigtext.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Infidel has, I can personally assure you, been like that for the last couple of phallas.

    Wildcat on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Infidel has, I can personally assure you, been like that for the last couple of phallas.

    Maybe I've been tainted / biased from working with him recently, rather than playing any forum phallas with him, then.

    MrBlarney on
    chirisigtext.png
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will have to ruminate on my awesome ability and return. This will be epic.

    Quoth on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Infidel has, I can personally assure you, been like that for the last couple of phallas.

    Maybe I've been tainted / biased from working with him recently, rather than playing any forum phallas with him, then.
    Oh, I'm not saying I'm not going to vote for him. He hurt my feelings, you see, and I am a delicate flower.

    Wildcat on
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ...

    But what if I'm too cool for school?

    I don't remember having any grudges, so RNG says I will !vote El Skid.

    Savant on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Let's see if our theory works

    Vote Blarney day 1 = Village Victory

    Plutonium on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    airmangataosenai.png

    I've come to realize,
    I find myself just standing at the start,
    And I always fade away the very same part.

    With belief in my heart,
    I try my best to go across the fading steps
    But I can't help myself from falling down to death!

    If I only had the item, Number 2,
    it'll take me to the other side short and easy!

    I fight many times,
    Many many times
    But Air Man just can not be defeated! Why?!

    No matter how I try,
    Tornadoes are blocking my way!

    Go for a chance from behind and shoot him in the back,
    but sooner or later, I'll be blown away!

    Endlessly pushed start, however and forever,
    with tornadoes there's no way!

    To win the next fight, the last final one,
    The E-Can is the last thing I'll hold on too!

    I can't beat Air Man!


    When I just realize
    I only had a little bit of life left
    And I used my E Tanks at the same spot...

    But never giving up!
    Finally I have reached Air Man's place
    But I don't have anymore lives left

    If only I have the leaf shield
    Then Air Man would get his ass kicked

    But no matter what!
    No matter what!

    I can't beat Wood Man!

    No matter what
    I can't dodge all those leaves

    And even if I jump back
    He would come over and kick my ass again and again

    I even tried
    rapid fire
    It doesn't work
    When he's moving so goddamn fast

    And so the last thing I can
    Think of right now
    Is to save my E tanks for the final fight with him


    If only, I had item 2
    I would be able to make it to the other side

    But no matter what!
    No matter what...

    I can't beat Air Man!

    No matter what...
    I couldn't dodge all of his tornado attacks

    And even if I got behind
    and shoot him in back
    I would get blown off anyways

    I even rapid fire
    it doesn't work
    everytime he shoot those tornadoes

    And so the last thing I can
    Think of right now
    Is to save my E tanks for the final fight with him...



    AIRMAN CANNOT BE DEFEATED

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really want to give you some points, B:L, but your fighting style boils down to getting beaten up repeatedly, which, while refreshing, is a bit lacking in the cool department.

    Frosteey on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I really want to give you some points, B:L, but your fighting style boils down to getting your ass kicked repeatedly, which, while refreshing, is a bit lacking in the cool department.

    I am Air Man.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The song uses first person pronouns. And is not surrounded by quotes or anything to implicate that you are not intended to be the song's speaker.

    Perhaps you are not Airman at all?

    Or, perhaps you are fighting a second, stronger, Airman? Perhaps, as Airman, you are unable to beat Woodman?

    Are you a jobber, B:L?

    Are you a jobber?

    Frosteey on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    The song uses first person pronouns. And is not surrounded by quotes or anything to implicate that you are not intended to be the song's speaker.

    Perhaps you are not Airman at all?

    Or, perhaps you are fighting a second, stronger, Airman? Perhaps, as Airman, you are unable to beat Woodman?

    Are you a jobber, B:L?

    Are you a jobber?

    I will blow you... away.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, I've never done this in a Phalla before, but I figure I should have fun with this one.
    EPIC REVEAL

    I am The Obi Wan!

    obi-wan460.jpg

    No, not that Obi Wan.

    I have a pretty limited ability, that I will share with the seer. So I'm needing a seer to seer me and a guard to guard me.

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !Ryadic is trying to get someone to reveal their power. That seems suspicious this early in the game.

    DeShadowC on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That is flimsy logic, as long as our seers/guards aren't stupid. You're not stupid, seers/guards are you?

    Flimsy logic makes me sad, !DeShadowC

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    !Ryadic is trying to get someone to reveal their power. That seems suspicious this early in the game.

    Voting for someone who did a reveal on day 1? Exactly as suspicious!

    Savant on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC

    Voting for me usually will get a vote in return.

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I'm tempted to vote down Ryadic for being uncool.

    You insulted a jellyfish gun-arm? How!?

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm too awesome to be killed though. My intelligence was directly used to create the ritual our malevolent Frosteey Caligula Forsety Vi Britannica VI, is planning on using. My strength knows no bounds as I've single handily wrestled the worlds greatest fighters to the death with my bare hands. I can run faster then a bullet, and clear and skyscraper in a single leap. Women swoon at me as I pass. I am better then the rest of you mere mortals, and far too useful fighting the evil the defiles our kingdom.

    DeShadowC on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I'm too awesome to be killed though. My intelligence was directly used to create the ritual our malevolent Frosteey Caligula Forsety Vi Britannica VI, is planning on using. My strength knows no bounds as I've single handily wrestled the worlds greatest fighters to the death with my bare hands. I can run faster then a bullet, and clear and skyscraper in a single leap. Women swoon at me as I pass. I am better then the rest of you mere mortals, and far too useful fighting the evil the defiles our kingdom.

    !DeShadowC

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The bandwagon has turn on its own hero how sad. !Infidel mainly to protect myself until I can figure who the really evil ones are.

    DeShadowC on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pah! You're all weaklings! Entering the Contest of The Rule of Cool! Without! Even! Having! Any! FIGHT! in you!

    My entrance to this arena shall be marked by the entrance of REAL WILLPOWER! Who needs Giant Abaci, or jellyfish guns, when you have the indomitable power of the human spirit! For Humanity is strong! Humanity shall never fall! Don't approach too closely, you might get burnt! My victory is assured! My passage is unstoppable! And now, I make my way to the pollbooths where I shall DISPENSE JUSTICE!


    !DeShadowC, voting for someone after a reveal is a classic mistake, one that reveals your true intentions! Is it not better to hope for a network than to cast down one of us? This man must be protected until he can prove himself!

    Rainfall on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Man Infidel, does your role demand jerkassism? God forbid people get creative while fashioning entries for the Rule of Cool contest.

    I'm pretty certain it does actually. It certainly reads like someone attempting to play an asshole, rather then actually being one.

    Leitner on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I shall go with !MrBlarney because we vowed to test this Day 1 victory theory, and also because he voted for me.

    Voting for me even after all we've been through in hosting the last Phalla? :( Maybe he was lying about how fun it was working with me though, maybe I actually put him through hell and this is his revenge. :P

    I know it's pretty early in the game, but MrBlarney I'm watching you. :winky:

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Pah! You're all weaklings! Entering the Contest of The Rule of Cool! Without! Even! Having! Any! FIGHT! in you!

    My entrance to this arena shall be marked by the entrance of REAL WILLPOWER! Who needs Giant Abaci, or jellyfish guns, when you have the indomitable power of the human spirit! For Humanity is strong! Humanity shall never fall! Don't approach too closely, you might get burnt! My victory is assured! My passage is unstoppable! And now, I make my way to the pollbooths where I shall DISPENSE JUSTICE!


    !DeShadowC, voting for someone after a reveal is a classic mistake, one that reveals your true intentions! Is it not better to hope for a network than to cast down one of us? This man must be protected until he can prove himself!

    I don't know what I'm doing though :(

    DeShadowC on
Sign In or Register to comment.