As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] G&F Versus the Interesting 8 - [End Day] Beastmen, dozens of them.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ^5!

I just got a promotion myself! Climb that ladder!
    Thanks for the kinds words (you too Quoth).

Since nothing is happening here, I'm going to go run errands.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well if bwanie is removed by a player action then we know that Burnage was telling the truth, if not we have a vote for the next night.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Day 2 - No monarchists here

WildPanth05 protested his innocense. This sudden change in the will of the fleet was impossible! It was his task, his duty to help preserve allied units and prevent them from becoming a victim of this twisted democracy! But the votes had been tallied, and his ship burned under a hail of murderous laser fire.

Macguffin panicked. A fellow queen type had been destroyed, they had been betrayed. He attempted to get in contact with a trusted ally, only to realise that anyone could be against him. This inner conflict ended as lightning erupted from nowhere and struck his ship, destroying it. A series of missiles struck the burning wreckage, preventing any type of data retrieval. Crimsoncoyote was also caught up in the storm, his ship being ripped apart before any escape pods could launch.

Meanwhile, on the bridge of the C.S.A Hatred, captain Zot watched the battle. His number two looked over the battleplan that had been drawn up, his face showing some confusion. "Captain, are you sure not actually taking any action is the best way to secure victory?"
    "Of course it is #2, what could possibly go wrong? If we don't move in to help, we can't get caught in a crossfire. It all works."

And then a fighter squadron fired a series of explosives into his ships unprotected underbelly, causing it to detonate.

List of the dead

WildPanth05 - Robotic Queen Type, voted down
    Macguffin - Robotic Queen Type, magical godlike lightning
    Zot - Human Captain, sunk
    Crimsoncoyote - Patriot Human Captain, also caught in magical space lightning

List of the people who are still alive but have changed in status
    Ryadic has burst into cyan flame!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What.

Burnage on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage mirite

what did he do again?

Quoth on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, we are terrible.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ooooooOOOoooooo
    smoothe
    ooooooOOOoooooo

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !bwanie

Guarded inactives? Suspicious.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    !Burnage mirite

what did he do again?

Nothing is what Burnage did.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sonuvabitch. We are not a good fleet.

!Burnage

Jester313 on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage, a lame power or no power, you seem very fishy.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh Gods what do I do what do I do

!Burnage

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage

I have a D-grade power that doesn't even work

Burnage on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !burnage

Oh, the information we will have if you turn out to be interesting what with the bandwagon subversion and all.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm not Interesting, which makes the two days worth of bandwagons on me all the more tragic.

Burnage on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Any more information you can give us , Burnage?
    I'm willing to hear out the charming brit.

Egos on
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm.. I think ....
    !burnage

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well, I'll admit - since I'm getting bandwagoned anyway, and this is just speeding up the information that the village will receive - that I lied in my initial 'epic' reveal. I am, however, not Interesting.

I am one of the Primal Gods of Phalla, Inactivus. We're part of the fallout from the God Phalla, and we are dedicated to hunting down the Interesting 8 in retribution for their crimes against the other Gods. Our win condition is to eliminate the Interesting 8, so I'll assume we're allied with the human fleet.

My power is exactly what I said it was - I can kill inactives. Except I couldn't on night one, as players don't count as being inactive then. And last night bwanie was either guarded, or someone stopped me from using my ability - I was told that the fleet moved to prevent me from killing bwanie, so it could be either.

Luckily my fellow primal gods have some very nifty abilities. I'm pretty much the weakest of us.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Burnage, that is the hugest heap of bullshit I have ever seen. But kudos for coming up with it.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I would just like to take a moment and thank Gumpy for giving me both a power and role that is so unbelievable.

Burnage on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hehe, this is hilarious.

!Burnage i am so curious to see if this is true.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well Burnage, the good news is, your death will not be a huge loss either way. Even if you are telling the truth, the odds of you successfully taking the power of an inactive with a useful ability is slim to none. And if you are lying, we can always go after bwanie next.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Well Burnage, the good news is, your death will not be a huge loss either way. Even if you are telling the truth, the odds of you successfully taking the power of an inactive with a useful ability is slim to none. And if you are lying, we can always go after bwanie next.

The odds of me taking a useful power from an inactive is nil, because I just kill them. Seriously. That's it. No absorbing or anything.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, I thought you said somewhere that you got their power.

Well then yeah, your power, should it be real, totally blows goats.

Quoth on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So... what if he wasn't considered inactive?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So... what if he wasn't considered inactive?

At vote close bwanie had two posts in the entire thread. "Inactive" here means two posts and a vote per day, so he was well under it. Considering I also got a message telling me that I'd been cock-blocked by the fleet, either someone was guarding bwanie - strange, considering I'd picked him randomnly from all the inactive players - or there's a player with an ability-stopping power.

Burnage on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ok, so then he was guarded or you're unlucky?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have always wanted to see a god die!

Burnage!!

Maximus on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah, according to the rules i was inactive, but that doesn't make your story true does it?

also, if the Phalla gods are on our side, the odds of hitting an Interesting one are pretty slim at this time. You seemed pretty unreluctant to take those odds.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honestly, if Burnage were evil I don't think he would've called that kill, and he wouldn't have told us that the fleet guarded Bwanie. As much as I think his power is silly, I really doubt he would go to those lengths to make it up. I haven't really been 100% on top of this, so I don't have any one else to suggest in his place, so and you guys definitely seem out for blood, so I may have missed something he did earlier.

I guess that's the way it is... So it is willed...

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why would an inactivity kill be guardable?

This all really doesn't make sense and you changed your reveal... !Burnage is good enough for now, I don't want to miss the vote again from being out all day again.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage. Something about your reveal smells fishy.

JPants on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Infidel on a hunch.

Also would be nice to get a solid 2nd place for votes going.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As fun as it would be to see whether or not Burnage is telling the truth, I'd rather not waste a day doing so when I can present you all with another one of the Interesting Eight to direct your laser beams at.

Infidel is one of them, and while I can not say anything verifiable about Burnage, I'd ask you all to join me in getting rid of Infidel instead.

At this point I'd rather not publicly explain my sources, so that the remaining six may be denied that information, other than to say that they are completely verified at this time.

However, if someone with a guardian ability could see me safely through the night so that I can continue my work in helping us remove said remaining six, that would be greatly appreciated.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ok as odd as it is I tend to believe Burnage

!Infidel

Egos on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honestly if that really is Burnage's mechanic... damn that sucks. But we'll go with this new lead:

!vote Infidel

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Although I'm going to vote !Infidel (I want to see if my power fails spectacularly again, after all), I'm also going to point out that Infidel was one of the original Interesting 8. I'm not assuming Varcayn's got crossed wires or anything, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Burnage on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Uhh, I was part of the original Interesting 8 that this game is based upon.

I've already had to tell people to reread my posts better... "omgz did you just admit to being a bad guy?!?1" and such.

So if your sources are based on those conversations I've had, that's not exactly "completely verified" but "totally incorrect".

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png