Options

Somewhere, Beyond the Sea. Somewhere, waiting for me.

12346»

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you're looking for a mutiple-ending game from 2007, go with STALKER. Especially now that it's been patched and modded into a playable game. In terms of mood and atmosphere I'd say it's at least equal to BIOSHOCK.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Warder45Warder45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I read the PS3 version was supposed to have an upgraded physics engine as well. Did that make it into the game?

Warder45 on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mannn Survivor difficulty is intense. Maybe it wasn't the most wise choice - going from normal straight to survivor - but I seem to be making decent progress. And holee-crap - taking down Big Daddies on an "I Choose The Impossible" run is...

It's not easy.

Edit: just got to Arcadia. Bioshock on the hardest difficulty is a bit like Uncharted on the hardest difficulty - it's... so tactical.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Finally got around to playing this (PC) and it's really quite blindingly awesome. I seem to be having a slight wonky physics issue where many dead bodies pick up a case of perpetually flapping hands and feet. Is this common or some issue my end? Not a major issue at all, just amuses me. They're dead but they're still waving!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rise from the depths. RISE!

Okay, just a note. I finally started this game, after having it since it got released on PS3 while I worked through some other games.

I really wish I had started this sooner. Oh so good and I'm not that far in it.

I've just gotten to the first Little Sister I can interact with. I already know how I'm going to proceed but immediately after, I find the first Garden I can purchase from. I guess I shouldn't be paralyzed with indecision...but I am curious as to people's suggestions. New Plasmid (Berserk? in this case), Reduce Damage, Gain Eve from health, Increased Health or Increased Eve capacity.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Basically, you're going to make a few wrong choices with your plasmids and tonics the first time through. Bioshock isn't really a game you play only once (but I've heard people say the opposite, that it has zero replayability), and the second time you go through it you'll have a much better idea of what kind of buffs you want on your dude. Personally I like stuff that grands incidental health, Wrench Lurker is really good, there are stealth plasmids later on that are lifesavers, etc etc. It comes down to how you want to play, and you won't be able to really decide until you've been through the game once and seen most of the toys they give you to play with.

Also, don't be disheartened with your first Big Daddy fight. The first time is the hardest - but it's also very special. You never forget your first!

Chance on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ohhhhhh man. I'll have to rent this for the PS3. Does it support trophies? I've played through this game maybe 10 or so times, but I love it to death.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yep it does. Bioshock got bumped off my fall must-buy list for Valkyria Chronicles after I enjoyed the Boishock demo but omfgi'minlove'd the Valkyria one. Still Bioshock deserved at least a rent, and ten days or so were enough to snag a platinum trophy.

Chance on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sweet. Yeah I played through the entire game on my PC twice. Then rented it for the 360 about a year later, and played through it once to get about 800/1000. It'll go on my Gamefly queue now. Thanks for the info!

urahonky on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Glancing through the trophy list last night, I was struck by a few of them. Apparently, I'll be doing some creation/upgrade stuff.

Combined with the hacking, the plasmids, the gunplay, plus the suspense, horror and the vague feeling that something is just not quite right (can't really explain this, just a feeling I have while playing)...this seems like a kitchen sink kind of game. And so far...it's a good kitchen sink game.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir