As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, what will be YOUR game of the year by the looks of things?

14567810»

• Options
    Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think it's silly to choose a GOTY until the year is actually over.

That said, the games I've really enjoyed this year were Bully SE, Okami, and if the rest of de Blob is as good as the beginning (only had it a day), that's up there too.
    Brawl, I'm sorry to say, was quite the disappointment to me.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Options
    cliffskicliffski Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was hoping for Spore, but it's not that good, plus Empire:total war is now next year, so the game I'm playing most is Company Of heroes. was COD 4 this year? Awesome game...

cliffski on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, spore's fun, but not GOTY material. It's a shame, really.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cliffski wrote: »
    I was hoping for Spore, but it's not that good, plus Empire:total war is now next year, so the game I'm playing most is Company Of heroes. was COD 4 this year? Awesome game...

COD4 was last year.

And yeah, disappointing about Spore. It is fun, but as Bahamut said; not GOTY material.

There's still time though, and a lot of really good looking games are coming out in the next 3 months. Here's hoping one of them is GOTY material.

Semi-related (due to GoW2 coming out in Nov), is there any reason I should bother picking up GoW since 2 is so close? I assume the game play will be very similar, and GoW2 looks far superior.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Semi-related (due to GoW2 coming out in Nov), is there any reason I should bother picking up GoW since 2 is so close? I assume the game play will be very similar, and GoW2 looks far superior.

If you have someone to play co-op with, I'd rent it and knock through it just for chuckles.

It's pretty short and the story consists of guys grunting at each other and shooting guns, but it's fun enough to play for the sake of yelling at a friend to "go flank them over there!"

The game sets up a lot of little encounters where one guy can provide cover fire and the other guy ninjas around the side. It's decent enough to get you fired up for gow2, but there's enough other games out right now that if I were only going to play it solo, I don't know if I'd really bother. Co-op is what tipped the scales for me, personally.

desc on