As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game

4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Critical Failures
wow_tcg_logo.gif

How to play:

Choose a side (horde or alliance). Choose a class (druid, paladin, rogue, priest, shaman, warrior, mage, warlock). Now choose between numerous amounts of heroes with their own health totals, professions, talent specs, and unique once-per-game ability. Now you get to build a deck by adding equipment (for every item slot, if you choose!), items (potions), quests that you get to complete, allies, and abilities. Now you get to fight.

This collectible card game plays a lot like Magic:The Gathering with a few twists. As such you should feel right at home when you recruit your first ally (creature cards), use your first ability (sorceries/instants), or lay your first quest/resource (lands with one-use abilities). Combat is a little different, but very intuitive and simple.

If you haven't played M:tG (what's wrong with you?) then it's still really easy to get the hang of the game. They have demo decks and rules that you can print out on the official site. There's even an interactive flash-based tutorial that you can try out. It's straight-forward and explains everything you need to know to play the game.

Raids are another matter entirely. One person uses a special deck called a raid deck, and this boss player faces off against any number of players using their own decks. At the end of the raid, players get to open up treasure (flip over cards etc) to be used in the next raid. I haven't gotten the chance to play any raids yet but it sounds like it captures the "raiding" feeling quite well (minus the asshole raid leaders, ninjas, timesink, and strict attendance policies). There are 4 raids so far: Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, Magtheridon's Lair, and Black Temple.

Tournament rules and formats
(all info is stolen from this document: official WoWTCG policies)

Constructed VS Limited
-Each tournament format supported by UDE is either a Constructed or a Limited format. Players can also participate in events as part of a team.

-In Constructed formats, players bring their own decks. UDE supports two variants:
-Constructed—All cards are legal.
-Block Constructed—Only cards from a specified block are legal (see Section C-8).
-In Constructed formats, players construct their own decks using their own card pools prior to the tournament. A Constructed deck must adhere to the following rules:
-A deck must include at least 60 cards, not counting the hero.
-A deck can’t include more than four copies of a single card unless that card has “unlimited” in its type line. You may include any number of unlimited cards in your deck.

-In Limited formats, players build decks from a limited card pool at the tournament using sealed product. UDE supports two variants:
-Sealed Deck (including Team Sealed)—Players open several WoW booster packs and build decks from the opened cards. For Team Sealed, players share the boosters they open.
-Booster Draft (including Team Draft)—Players open several WoW booster packs and pass them around the table, picking cards to add to their decks. For Team Draft, players do not share the drafted cards.

Legality of sets:
Heroes of Azeroth - SET
Through The Dark Portal - SET
Fires of Outland - SET
Onyxia's Lair - TREASURE
Molten Core - TREASURE
Feast of Winter Veil - COLLECTOR
March of the Legion - SET
Servants of the Betrayer - SET
Hunt for Illidan - SET
Magtheridon's Lair - TREASURE
Black Temple - TREASURE
Darkmoon Faire - COLLECTOR
Crafted Cards 1-14

Where to play:

Tournament locator. Real life tournaments are teh best!™ Your local card/nerd shop is also a great resource to find some face to face games.. just ask the owners and have a look at their message board/calendars. At sanctioned tournaments you could win loot cards, Badges of Justice (send in 3 to redeem a rare card) and moneys. Also the official forum at the official site is a good place to ask around and get some feedback concerning events in your area. Stick your location in your sig and ask around.

Online. Experience with the cards is recommended. Using a program called Magic Workstation you can create a deck out of any cards released thus far, and play against other people online. The only problem is that more people play M:tG on the servers than they do WoW:TCG so it can be hard to find people to play with. Still, it's free and often new patches for WoW:TCG come out before the physical product does, so you can dick around with unreleased sets and get the edge on locals.
Click the spoiler for instructions which were shamelessly stolen from elsewhere on the internet.
Installing MWS and the World Of Warcraft patch
1) First download the Magic Workstation (MWS) file *click here*
2) Unzip\Extract the MWS folder then install MWS
3) After you Install MWS download the World Of Warcraft patch *click here for the latest WoW patch*
4) unzip\extract the WoW Patch and install it
5) Load MWS and press ok on both windows that pop up
6) Go to "File" then "open libraries" and select WorldOfWarcraft.mwBase

Building a Deck
1) Go to "view" and choose "edit deck"
2) go to File and press New Deck. You will be asked what you want your deck saved as.
3) select a card in your deck library and press the blue arrow to add it to your deck, or the green arrow to add it to your side deck. The Red Arrow takes cards out of your main deck\side deck.
4) Once your deck is done save it with the disk above your deck ( or go to file, save deck\library )
5) Deck size is minimum of 60 cards with no maximum deck size. Side decks must be exactly 10 cards ( 11 if you put your hero into your side deck )

Finding an opponent

1) go to Game then click on " Connent To Opponent "
2) Select MWSGames.Net or MWSPlay.net or enter your opponent's IP Address.
3) Find an opponent on the server you picked and press "Join"

MWS game controls

Shuffle: Ctrl + S
Draw: Ctrl + D
Roll Dice: Ctrl + I
Mulligan: Ctrl + M
Untap: Ctrl + U
Tap\Exaust: Double click the card you want to tap
*almost every other action can be done by right clicking on either something in play and choosing the action you want to do*

What you get:

This game is quite big so far and only getting bigger. There have been 8 sets, 4 raids, and 2 collector's sets (minisets with unique/fun cards). I *think* that everything is tournament legal. They want you to buy everything..

Sets:
  • Heroes of Azeroth
  • Through The Dark Portal
  • Fires of Outland
  • March of The Legion
  • Servants of The Betrayer
  • Hunt For Illidan
  • Drums of War
  • Blood of Gladiators
  • Arena Grand Melee 5/5/09
  • Death Knight Deluxe Starter 6/16/09
  • Fields of Honor 6/30/09
Raids:
  • Onyxia's Lair
  • Molten Core
  • Magtheridon's Lair
  • Black Temple
Minisets:
  • Feast of Winter Veil (the christmas set)
  • Darkmoon Faire
Other:
  • Drums of War: PvP Battle Deck (8 exclusive cards)

When you open a booster pack you get:
• 13 commons
• 4 uncommons
• 1 rare or epic
• 1 hero
• 1 UDE Points card

Heroes of Azeroth, Through The Dark Portal, and Fires of Outland only contain:
• 10 commons
• 3 uncommons
• 1 rare or epic
• 1 hero

There's also a chance that you may open up a valuable loot card. These cards have a code on them with which you can redeem in-game loot like mounts, cosmetic trinkets, and vanity pets. If you take a look at ebay some of these things sell for hundreds of dollars. They're pretty rare.
Along with loot cards, on the UDE points cards theres a chance that you may get a trade good (khorium bar, primals, heart of darkness, etc). Upper Deck has a redemption program where you can mail in your trade good cards for a crafted item.. highly sought after cards which are, as far as I know, tournament legal and pretty powerful.
The UDE points cards give you 100 points each and you can cash in those points for in-game tabards, a fireworks trinket (reusable), and little fun goodies.

All those things make me sweat at night, my urge to buy more is always at peak levels.. and I've only played since yesterday. *shudder*

Useful Links:

WoWTCGdb - A database of all the cards in the game. Sortable, linkable, awesome.
Tournament Locator - Locates sanctioned events near your city so that you can get your geek on.
Starcity / TCGPlayer / WoWTCG News / WowTCG Scrub- Event coverage, tournament deck lists, strategy articles and general WoW:TCG information.

Post if you have an interest in playing online, wanna discuss deck lists, tournament happenings, loot, raids, how cool I am, etc.

4rch3nemy on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I bought 2 starter decks (one Heroes of Azeroth, one Dark Portal) and 5 booster packs yesterday and I got my first and only epic card.

Fianna Spellbinder
    I asked my friend and he said it sucked. Great.

So I also ordered a box of Heroes of Azeroth booster packs (24 packs per box, 15 cards per pack) that I'm going to split with my buddy who also just started playing.. should be interesting.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I have been interested in getting a deck of these. but, I don't know. If you pick horde are there horde only cards that you must use. Are there neutral cards?

'Course, those special loot cards would be useless to me now, as i play WAR instead of WoW.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Those loot cards are still useful for selling, granted you find one..

There are allies (creatures) that are horde only, alliance only, and some that are neutral. Items are all neutral but there are class restrictions. Abilities for the most part are class-based but there are ones for every class. Some abilities require a specific talent spec to be present on your chosen hero. Some allies are like that as well, requiring demonology or beast mastery..

I'd say your best bet, if you wanted to buy a deck, is to get a starter deck. It'll give you some staples for your (randomly opened) class as well as a couple booster packs to bolster your deck with.

I opened up a mage (Ta'Zo) deck and with those few boosters that I bought, made a full 60 card deck to play with. I beat my friend, who runs a shaman deck, twice in two games. :D

EDIT: Example of a neutral ability.
    EDIT2: Here's a great link to browse cards, heroes, etc.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    does the starter kit have enough cards for a full deck then?

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    I have been interested in getting a deck of these. but, I don't know. If you pick horde are there horde only cards that you must use. Are there neutral cards?

'Course, those special loot cards would be useless to me now, as i play WAR instead of WoW.

some of those loot cards can be sold for real cash monies in excess of one thousand dollars.

just keep that in mind.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    that is pretty. fuckin. absurd.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Right now there is a Spectral Tiger loot card on ebay for 540 dollars with 4 bids on it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    does the starter kit have enough cards for a full deck then?

The starter kit comes with a premade 32 card deck and a hero that complements said deck. It also comes with 3 oversized hero cards (mostly for collecting, but can be played with.. since heros aren't shuffled or anything like that) and 2 booster packs of the set you got your starter kit from.

There are 3 starters as far as I know:

Heroes of Azeroth
    Through the Dark Portal
    March of the Legions

So choose one of those and get a few booster packs to supplement your deck with allies/equipment/quests. You need a 60 card deck (not including your hero).

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah, that is dumb. ...let's get you started, but not all the way. BUY MORE OF OUR SHIT NOW FUCKER HAHA!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No one's linked the PA comic about the CCG yet?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude, you went there without going there. You're halfway there so to speak.

Here's the other halfway.

20050826h.jpg

Hail SATAN!

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah, that is dumb. ...let's get you started, but not all the way. BUY MORE OF OUR SHIT NOW FUCKER HAHA!

They recommend buying 2 starter kits and playing with a friend who's done the same to learn the game.. a tutorial of sorts. It's just easy to buy the kit and THEN start doing the booster thing since you'll at least have some combinations of cards that actually work together. Both me and my friend did this. Works well, actually. He got lucky and got a warlock deck.. I wanted to play warlock.. they seem almost like the "black" from magic.

Question:
    Am I itching to buy another box of boosters behind my friend's back for a strictly numerical advantage?

Answer:
    yes

EDIT so I don't triple post: Has anyone fiddled around with Magic Workstation yet? I haven't, really, but I'm going to make a deck right now. That means I'll be ready for my very first online game today. Hopefully one of you will pop my MWS cherry.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can anyone comment on the raid decks?

I've got a group setting up to try out the game, and the general idea is to each take a starter (from whichever set it takes to match faction and preferred class) and split a Heroes of Azeroth booster box (quite cheap nowadays) to get up to 60 cards. The hope is that this is enough to get us through Onyxia's Lair.

Think we'd have a shot with that little?

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How many people will you have on the heroes side? I've run a couple Onxyia games for my friends with some tuned decks, and both times they lost. But the most heroes they've had is 3. With 5 or 6, even without fully tuned decks, you'd have a better chance.

One thing I would recommend is buying some of the Onxyia treasure action cards online. They'll get you abilities for each class that will be useful against her. For example, priest gets a mass heal.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on the raid decks?

I've got a group setting up to try out the game, and the general idea is to each take a starter (from whichever set it takes to match faction and preferred class) and split a Heroes of Azeroth booster box (quite cheap nowadays) to get up to 60 cards. The hope is that this is enough to get us through Onyxia's Lair.

Think we'd have a shot with that little?

All of the raid decks are designed to be played by multiple people. Obviously the strength of the decks determines how many people would make a balanced match.

My friends and I have played Onyxia a number of times. We also have done Molten Core a time or two, and we've done Magtheridon once.

The thing that all these raid decks have in common is that they have lots and lots of "trash mobs" for you to kill. That means your player decks must have lots and lots of allies to be able to compete. I don't think you'd have enough good allies to manage a raid deck with only starters. The other thing is that the raid deck has a huge advantage. It takes a good amount of game experience to figure out how to beat it. If you're just starting out and learning the ropes, I would suggest playing a few normal games first to get a handle on the game mechanics. Raid decks are definitely a step above normal play.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    As a side note, I've stopped collecting WOW TCG. Upper Deck pissed me off with how fast they're releasing new sets. I'm a casual collector and player. When I was collecting, I averaged about 4 packs a month. Its nearly impossible to build up a collection when new sets are coming out as fast as they are when you collect at my speed.

The only other CCG I ever played was the old Decipher Star Wars game, and that game had a perfect release schedule. They took their time with each set and I never felt rushed by it at all. I was able to build up a fairly complete collection, slowly but surely over time.

With UD's WOW TCG its nearly impossible to collect if you aren't hardcore, because their sets are out of print and sold out almost as soon as they are released.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What? I could find any booster box I wanted online since nothing's out of print yet (maybe collector's?), at a fraction of the price of normal retailers.. Of course I'm in Canada.

Retail booster box = $112 or so.
    Online booster box = $52 and that includes shipping.

That's a bit more than 4 packs a month (24 packs / box) but you could buy one booster box every 2 months and still pay nearly the same price as 8 packs (again, in Canada). It's not as horrendously tough to collect if you spent just a touch more money on it. The game came out Nov 11th 2006 so it's been out nearly 2 years. At 6 full sized sets so far, that's only 3 sets/year. With another coming out in november I guess that number climbs to 3.5. That doesn't include raid decks and collector sets, of which there have been 4 and 2 respectively.

3.5 sets
    2 raids
    1 collectors
    per year

At 4 boxes a year (one every 3 months) you're going to collect a whole shit load of cards. You're buying half that much now (in single booster packs).

PS: Jeeze I sound like a shill D: I just really like this game.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, the problem is that it isn't just me. The way it happens is that I meet with a few friends on an irregular basis. Whenever we get together, we usually go out and buy a few packs each. We open our new cards, trade, deck-build, and play. And we've got sort of a gentlemen's agreement that we'll all spend approximately the same amount of money on cards so that our decks will stay at approximately the same strength (obviously this can fluctuate with lucky draws).

But buying boxes just doesn't suit the setup I'm in. Like I say, its extremely casual. Some months we play a bunch, other months we don't play at all. 4 packs a month is more of an average than anything.

Also, buying just a few packs here and there spreads the cost over time. Whereas buying a box front-loads the cost. None of us are really at a point where we want to spend 100+ dollars at a time. Its a lot easier to buy a pack here and a pack there.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We're aiming for 6 people (5+Raid Master), and it seems to be working out that way. The hope now is that with this many people it should still work out to where we can get solid decks if we treat the boosters in drafting fashion, so everyone gets what they need. Worst case scenario we have to run in and grab some more boosters at a local store. With a full game, even with pitiful decks, we might be able to get through it.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    As a side note, I've stopped collecting WOW TCG. Upper Deck pissed me off with how fast they're releasing new sets. I'm a casual collector and player. When I was collecting, I averaged about 4 packs a month. Its nearly impossible to build up a collection when new sets are coming out as fast as they are when you collect at my speed.

A new set every four to five months is "fast"?

Must be glad to have missed "Rolling Thunder," then.

(Cookie to anyone knows what I'm talking about.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    An expansion every 60 days? No thanks.

(I didn't know what it was, but I found a site with a quick google.)

Lucas: Buy a box and split the costs with your friends (when you guys decide to play).. still a heckuvalot cheaper than buying the boosters one at a time.. :)

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    FieryBalrogFieryBalrog Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My friends all play magic and I just spent $350 on Magic after a long break from the game, so I'm not about to play this game.

But damn, it looks good. Its such a brilliantly conceived idea.

FieryBalrog on
    In Koprulu Sector, marines micro YOU!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    An expansion every 60 days? No thanks.

Sometimes it was faster, *every* month.

Granted, it did have a interesting idea in that some of the sets/games had flat rarity.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My friends all play magic and I just spent $350 on Magic after a long break from the game, so I'm not about to play this game.

But damn, it looks good. Its such a brilliantly conceived idea.

WoW is probably a tighter rules-set than Magic is and there is absolutely zero chance of mana flood/screw

Not having to manage mana curves during deck building alone makes it superior in my opinion.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This is truly where M:tG would have headed next, granted they had the balls to alter the system THAT much. Also, I like the WoW flavor more (I can relate since I know it more).

So my buddy told me he built himself a warrior deck. I'm expecting a solo warrior (massive amounts of equipment and armor) .. and not knowing the metagame that well.. I'm going with a warlock deck.

TIME TO BURN.

istockphoto_3186889_man_on_fire.jpg
    edit for top page zazz.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    they coulda just done a spinoff or magic...

i would get this, but i really shouldn't even be spending my money on magic cards... :/ some day though!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    At least try the magic workstation

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

WoW is probably a tighter rules-set than Magic is and there is absolutely zero chance of mana flood/screw

Which is a huge plus, mana screw/flood is the worst part of Magic. Also having to spend hundreds of dollars to properly set up mana bases is the other worst part, they should print fetchlands/painlands/shocklands as uncommons, not rares. Having to spend $80 on 4 fetchlands and 4 painlands for a good mana base for any 2-color deck is retarded.

Not having to manage mana curves during deck building alone makes it superior in my opinion.

This on the other hand I disagree with, properly managing mana curves is a good part of the advanced strategy behind deckbuilding, and its good to know that a game has such a depth of possible investigation (from total newbie play to advanced mathematical modeling of mana curves and draws).

FieryBalrog on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This is truly where M:tG would have headed next, granted they had the balls to alter the system THAT much. Also, I like the WoW flavor more (I can relate since I know it more).

While I really like the setting/lore/fantasy concept of Magic, I also really love the idea of playing a "rogue" deck or a "warrior" deck, it has so much flavor.. especially since I've played WoW enough to get a rogue to 70 and a priest to 54 and hugely enjoy the mechanics of the game.

On top of that I have a bunch of friends who play magic so they're totally into CCGs but who also played WoW (a lot more than I did actually).

The real problem is money, playing CCGs you really have to devote yourself to one only, because its so money and time intensive. Also, Magic is so old and has such a vast card pool that it really supports an immense variety of playstyles.

FieryBalrog on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Another thing that makes WoW totally better than Magic is the comparative paucity of errata. The vast, vast majority of cards just work, and I don't think they've had to ban any cards at all yet (although they should probably ban Greench, because that crap is retarded.)

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Huh, there's apparently some previews of Drums of War (the next base set for the next block). Looks like we get a new mechanic in Diplomacy. (It'll state a card type after Diplomacy, and you pay one less for cards of that type. The example was Draenei, so you pay one less for all Draenei allies.)

And the Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword is pretty smexy.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I still think using WoW was the worst marketing move they could have done. While it gets it a lot of initial sales due to the loot cards, so many TCG players will and have overlooked the game, passing it off as another sellout (which it is, but its a damn good one).

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    WoW has a cool universe, and... as a business, yeah, they probably wanted to make money. so, it was a good choice.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The real problem is money, playing CCGs you really have to devote yourself to one only, because its so money and time intensive.

But the problem with never trying out other systems is that you miss out on all the other interesting TCGs that play nothing like Magic. Vs is nothing like Legend of the 5 Rings is nothing like WoW is nothing like Game of Thrones, etc. But then I've been someone who always loves to try out the new games, unlike most of the people in the Dallas area who only want to to play Magic. In fact, lately I've been on a kick picking up some great old out of print CCGs (Doomtown, Babylon 5, 7th Sea) just because they're so unlike anything out today and such great fun games.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    SightTDW wrote: »
    I still think using WoW was the worst marketing move they could have done. While it gets it a lot of initial sales due to the loot cards, so many TCG players will and have overlooked the game, passing it off as another sellout (which it is, but its a damn good one).

I think that the massive amount of success that the TCG has had, though, will drive more and more people to "try it" and when they do they'll see the sweet-awesome-cool game that lies behind the smexy coat of wow-paint.

I mean.. $100,000 first place prize at worlds last year? That's the highest payout at any ccg tournament. Ever. Just goes to show how big this game can get.

Hopefully more competitive players rally behind this game because I'm ready to give my magic collection away for it.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I just ordered:
    1.5 boxes Heroes Of Azeroth
    1 box Through The Dark Portal
    1 box March Of The Legion

... oh god why did I get into a CCG?

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just ordered:
    1.5 boxes Heroes Of Azeroth
    1 box Through The Dark Portal
    1 box March Of The Legion

... oh god why did I get into a CCG?
    Better ask yourself why you bought old cards (and then not even the valuable editions regarding loot cards). Block constructed is already here, if you want to play tournaments and there are very few cards that don't have better alternatives in the new editions.

Grobian on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm mostly looking to play with friends at this point in time. The older booster boxes are 1/2 the price as the newer ones and March of the Legion has the good playcards I want. I don't really wanna buy booster boxes with hopes of getting loot cards (they're just for collection/play purposes).

When (if) my friends and I get serious about the game we have a few raids to buy before we even do tourneys (which are a 3+ hour drive) too.. sigh.

You're right though, block constructed is probably the way to go.

EDIT: $30 for heroes/dark portal, $115 for fires of outland (ZOMG 1/12 BOXES HAVE A SPECTRAL TIGER LOOT!!), $60 for the others
    ..yeah whoever came up with this pricing scheme can DIAF.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    hobz-hobz- Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guess this is easier than random texts huh.

I too really enjoy this game, and was suckered into it by some terrible, drug waving friends of mine. But that first smell of sweet, sweet WoW-laced-cocaine has suprised my senses, and encouraged me to try more.

I am worried about spending money on this game, without a community. So as such, I'm going to take it on myself (and force my friends and family in the process), to build a community in my city, so that I don't have to be pummeled by the same people over and over, and new people can experience the thrill of beating up on my 4-year-old like card playing ability.

hobz- on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm mostly looking to play with friends at this point in time. The older booster boxes are 1/2 the price as the newer ones and March of the Legion has the good playcards I want. I don't really wanna buy booster boxes with hopes of getting loot cards (they're just for collection/play purposes).

When (if) my friends and I get serious about the game we have a few raids to buy before we even do tourneys (which are a 3+ hour drive) too.. sigh.

You're right though, block constructed is probably the way to go.

EDIT: $30 for heroes/dark portal, $115 for fires of outland (ZOMG 1/12 BOXES HAVE A SPECTRAL TIGER LOOT!!), $60 for the others
    ..yeah whoever came up with this pricing scheme can DIAF.

price per box has to be about on par with the price of that fucking tiger (which still sells for high hundreds of dollars (IE, $700+)

otherwise it'd be cheaper for them to keep all of the boxes and just dig through them for the loot card.

INeedNoSalt on