As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Rules for New Comic Thread

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    yutt I've been trying to talk to you but you've been ignoring me

He flails off about people not wanting anything to do with his conversations, and being immature, and being trolled. When really he does it to himself, none of us have said anything openly hostile and he decided to take his ball and go home. I'd even go as far as to say some of us have tried to have a conversation with him.

I think he's a tiracora alt.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that article is written by cory doctorow

holy shit that is amazing

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yutt wrote: »
    I guess I should have expected nothing but a torrent of idiotic responses.

Whatever, you guys win. I'm done with this place until the moderators ban a whole lot of you spamtastic retards.

Congratulations!

I leave you with this:
    How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over Your Online Community

If the admins are ever interested in having a moderator who doesn't feel any personal attachment to a single forum member and would rigidly and obsessively carry out mass infractions and bannings (based only on the rules and no personal vendettas), please feel free to email me.

His mission accomplished and his point firmly jammed between his loins such that it cleaves him twain, our gallant hero rides off into the sunset towards adventures at yet another online community. Hi Ho Chundle Gobbler. AWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    But seriously you guys, the Civil War was brutal as fuck.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ranx wrote: »
    I still can't believe buckley made a comic arc about his girlfriend's miscarriage

wait, are you serious?
    i'd like to see the original of this comic please

unless it's just that, but wordless

mully on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ahahahha sculder

I saw it on the main page and I was like

wait one second

Ranx on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    He's gone!? YAY!

(he'll be back in a week)

TankHammer on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ahahahha sculder

wait one second

yeah, tube has decided that my name is his play-thing

mully on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Then, almost without warning, your community goes toxic. Someone in your group undergoes a radical personality shift and begins picking fights, or someone new comes to the party with an agenda.

He personifies the very thing he rails against.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    sculder wrote: »
    I still can't believe buckley made a comic arc about his girlfriend's miscarriage

wait, are you serious?

1214036618485ts6.jpg

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

He flails off about people not wanting anything to do with his conversations, and being immature, and being trolled. When really he does it to himself, none of us have said anything openly hostile and he decided to take his ball and go home. I'd even go as far as to say some of us have tried to have a conversation with him.

well let's be fair, some of us have said something openly hostile

i'm just saying if he wanted people to listen to him, he could stand to change his approach for a bit. when he was bitching about bogey golf it was hilarious because it was new and a nice change of pace (incidentally, much like bogey golf) but after a while it grew less endearing and more tedious. reliving the same argument everytime a new comic rolls around and there are only so many forumers who frequent the thread

Javen on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

wait, are you serious?

yeah, it was wordless

left a lot of us speechless as well

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bendery what the hell is that

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Koshian wrote: »
    yutt kind of reminds me of defender

If defender was really angry and obnoxious all the time and had a persecution complex

defender at least tries to make it amusing, if only so his subject won't abandon him from the getgo

yutt just kind of yells and hopes the other person is angry enough to stick around so the two can fight over who is going to get the last word

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh wait... here it is

1214037676378oe9.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2008
    ahahahha sculder

wait one second

yeah, tube has decided that my name is his play-thing

I watched an episode of the x-files the other day

man is that show ever 90's

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    so how did the receptionist end up with the watch?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The baby had it

• Options
    edited September 2008

wait, are you serious?

1214036618485ts6.jpg

I'll raise you.

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bonk21ut2.gif

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Tyracora posts relatively regularly now and seems to have shaped up quite a bit.

And yeah Mully, the arc went on for a while, and the "repercussions" are still going on. Although the guy has no storytelling capability so the whole story is like some terrible miscarriage of a story a 13 year old came up with who thought it would be full of depth or something.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

The baby had it

holy shit

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

wait, are you serious?

1214036618485ts6.jpg

I'll raise you.

that is the best thing

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

wait, are you serious?

1214036618485ts6.jpg

I'll raise you.

I really shouldn't laugh at things like this, but I do...every goddamn time.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited September 2008

wait, are you serious?

yeah, it was wordless

left a lot of us speechless as well

right here, if you really want to see it

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080602

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Did that happen to his real-life girlfriend and he made a comic about it, or did I misread someone's post?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yutt wrote: »
    I guess I should have expected nothing but a torrent of idiotic responses.

Whatever, you guys win. I'm done with this place until the moderators ban a whole lot of you spamtastic retards.

Congratulations!

I leave you with this:
    How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over Your Online Community

If the admins are ever interested in having a moderator who doesn't feel any personal attachment to a single forum member and would rigidly and obsessively carry out mass infractions and bannings (based only on the rules and no personal vendettas), please feel free to email me.

Sweet everloving christ you are a total blithering retard

Don't come into online communities and expect them to be everything you want, that is just fucking retarded

Don't come back

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Did that happen to his real-life girlfriend and he made a comic about it, or did I misread someone's post?

you have it bang on

Ranx on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

His real girlfriend had a miscarriage and then he broke up with her

Did you see my post in the "this just in" thread?

we like, totally had a connection, maaan

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Misread the post. I think the guy was trying to say that the girl-character is his imaginary girlfriend or something. I have actually been keeping up with the comic out of morbid curiosity as to where he is taking the story. It really is terrible and hamfisted and good god it just sucks. But at least it provides me with some entertainment, however unintentional it may be.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

you have it bang on

Jesus fucking Christ

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=1636
    On a deeper level, I really have a desire to stress test Ethan and Lilah's relationship, to see if there is really something there that would keep them together despite Ethan's antics, and I decided that this was the best way to go about it. I know from personal experience what it can do to a relationship. Some many years ago, long before I started the comic, I was in a relationship and we suffered a miscarriage. Now, this relationship was toxic to begin with and doomed to fail regardless, so that the miscarriage was the straw that broke the camel's back came as no surprise. It was a pregnancy neither of us wanted in the first place, so the event didn't effect me nearly as much as it would, say, a couple who was trying for a child. Still, I saw the emotions it can bring up first hand, and I saw how it could truly hurt someone.

notice how it didn't hurt him, he only witnessed the emotions felt by others

this man is a psychopath

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

you have it bang on

Jesus fucking Christ

2vaxmdigz9.jpg

• Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys look, more comics.

20080928.png

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

you have it bang on

Jesus fucking Christ

there's a whole arc on it
    20080604.jpg
    20080606.jpg
    20080613.jpg
    20080616.jpg

etc

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I love K.C. Green so much

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    20080613.jpg

Haha someone post that edit of this one

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    FuckingBALD.jpg

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    this isn't the new webcomics thread you know

there is going to be trouble if it keeps going down this path

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Too true. Oh well.

Who wants to talk about silly hats.

AND SILLY HATS ONLY

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=1636
    On a deeper level, I really have a desire to stress test Ethan and Lilah's relationship, to see if there is really something there that would keep them together despite Ethan's antics, and I decided that this was the best way to go about it. I know from personal experience what it can do to a relationship. Some many years ago, long before I started the comic, I was in a relationship and we suffered a miscarriage. Now, this relationship was toxic to begin with and doomed to fail regardless, so that the miscarriage was the straw that broke the camel's back came as no surprise. It was a pregnancy neither of us wanted in the first place, so the event didn't effect me nearly as much as it would, say, a couple who was trying for a child. Still, I saw the emotions it can bring up first hand, and I saw how it could truly hurt someone.

notice how it didn't hurt him, he only witnessed the emotions felt by others

this man is a psychopath

Hooolllyyy shiiiiit. I had it completely wrong. That is.. wow.

edit: And yeah, the last webcomics thread was compeltely fucking insane. They had been good for a while but holy crap. I am glad we are taking a break from them for a while.

Also can't help but feel like one or two of the regulars had just kind of devolved into trolling in that thread. Not naming names because I don't want to get into it/

Artreus on
This discussion has been closed.