Options

[CoD5] Zombies, Vampires, Flamethrowers oh my! Zombies...

• Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Zercof wrote: »
    Maaan! The new ray gun in Shi No Numa is soooo tight! Its a rifle, 3 shots per clip and it hits zombies with a chain lighting! As long as there are more trailing zombies to attach to, it'll chain to as many as possible!

The flaming hell-hounds are pretty sweet too.

Fuck, really?

I might get it then, Zombie mode was the only worthwhile thing in WaW.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blowtorch and Corkscrew made me cry.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I'm playing this again because I'm bored and apparently double exp right now

It's really a shame when you see everyone running around on a long range map with the mp40 because smgs kick complete asses from too far away

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I'm playing this again because I'm bored and apparently double exp right now

It's really a shame when you see everyone running around on a long range map with the mp40 because smgs kick complete asses from too far away

The MP40 jumps around a lot. Not just up and down, but side to side. Landing multiple hits at long range to get a kill takes a cooperative target. In contrast, I pick off targets on the move with the G43 and STG44.

Of course, I'm talking about Core here. Hardcore sets nearly everything as a one-hit kill, so the format is to blame for ridiculous shit like pistol sniping and SMG sniping.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Oh, just wait until Heart of The Reich.

And in regards to MP, I really wish you could choose whether or not to be wearing the camo suit with unscoped bolt-actions. Because more often than not the thing gets me killed.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

That level is infuriating beyond words.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MP40 is a joke for a gun. In HC Search&Destroy, you rarely have a problem with it though.

Also noted, the new map Banzai is amazing fun, especially on S&D.

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know about you guys but I just got done with a 12 man game where 11 people were using mp40s with round drums

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't know about you guys but I just got done with a 12 man game where 11 people were using mp40s with round drums

Now if they were all 10th prestige, and wearing juggernaut with their MP40s, welcome to regular teamdeathmatch.

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hahahaha,the characters in the new zombie map are great. The Russian's probably my favorite, delivering such lines as "This is gun I used to kill my first wife...she was BITCH!" "What's that clicking noise? Oh, out of ammo!" "I need more vodka, er, ammo!"

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I found the first checkpoint in Blowtorch and Corkscrew infinitely harder than ANYTHING in Heart of the Reich.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I found the first checkpoint in Blowtorch and Corkscrew infinitely harder than ANYTHING in Heart of the Reich.

Try it on Veteran. Consider bringing a crying towel.

Also, Banzai is an awesome MP map.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yeah, it's nearly fucking impossible even on easy.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    MaoxrMaoxr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The new zombie map is awesome, best out of the 3 for sure. It feels more alive than the others with new voices to the players, helldogs, traps and the random box thats switches position. I still haven't explored the whole place but it's bigger than the others. I've played the new multiplayer maps and banzai would definitely be my favourite. I'm liking this map pack more than the other.

Maoxr on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    "TWO WORDS: KA-FUCKING BOOM, MAGGOTSACK!"

Mechanical on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That's one thing that really ticks me off. How can they not realize that the MP40 is fucking bullshit? The shotgun literally does zero damage at mid range, yet you can bulls-eye someone from across the map with the MP40.

I don't have as much problem with it in HC, though the assault rifle is pretty much the MP40 equivalent for that mode. Too accurate and powerful with a reasonably high rate of fire and predictable recoil.

My favorite combination for HC has to be the MG42 with double tap, bandolier and steady aim. The recoil pattern seems to make it so burst firing gives headshots like crazy.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dangerous wrote: »

That's one thing that really ticks me off. How can they not realize that the MP40 is fucking bullshit? The shotgun literally does zero damage at mid range, yet you can bulls-eye someone from across the map with the MP40.

I don't have as much problem with it in HC, though the assault rifle is pretty much the MP40 equivalent for that mode. Too accurate and powerful with a reasonably high rate of fire and predictable recoil.

My favorite combination for HC has to be the MG42 with double tap, bandolier and steady aim. The recoil pattern seems to make it so burst firing gives headshots like crazy.

I like the stock Thompson in Hardcore. Two to the chest, one to the head in bursts on center mass. Burns through ammo real fast, though.

Also see: M-16 complaints in 4.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    shonosukeshonosuke Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just got this game (I'm a CoD4 veteran but I got bored) should I get the map packs? and if I do, Will I have to play the map pack only mode or will they be mixed up with the standard maps?

shonosuke on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Try it on Veteran. Consider bringing a crying towel.

Also, Banzai is an awesome MP map.

I beat it on Hardened. I only beat 6 of the 15 or so on Veteran; the rest on Hardened.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    ArasenArasen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, I would love the devs so much if zombies was made as a standalone download.

Arasen on
    [SIGPIC]steam_sig.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Knowing Activision's penchant for whoring things that sell well out, you'll probably get a zombie game before too long.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't see that as all too horrible a thing.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    shonosuke wrote: »
    I just got this game (I'm a CoD4 veteran but I got bored) should I get the map packs? and if I do, Will I have to play the map pack only mode or will they be mixed up with the standard maps?

Map pack 1 is mixed in with normal play, and map pack 2 will be mixed in as well in a few days. They will still have the dedicated Map Pack playlist if you want to strictly play new maps, but they'll all be in regular too.

Banzai and new Zombies makes Map Pack 2 worth the buy for sure! Map Pack 1 is alright, had a lot of fun on the Zombie map from it. The MP maps are not anything too exceptional however... Nightfire is prolly my fav from the 3.

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Banzai and new Zombies makes Map Pack 2 worth the buy for sure! Map Pack 1 is alright, had a lot of fun on the Zombie map from it. The MP maps are not anything too exceptional however... Nightfire is prolly my fav from the 3.

Nightfire is good, but Knee Deep is my favorite from MP1. Feels like a battlefield, and not conspicuously like a "level."

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Map pack 1 is mixed in with normal play, and map pack 2 will be mixed in as well in a few days. They will still have the dedicated Map Pack playlist if you want to strictly play new maps, but they'll all be in regular too.

What happens if you didn't buy the mappacks though?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

It retardedly boots you back to the main menu and tells you you don't have the map pack.

Well, duh. I didn't fucking buy it. You don't need to fucking tell me that. I remember not doing it

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

It retardedly boots you back to the main menu and tells you you don't have the map pack.

Well, duh. I didn't fucking buy it. You don't need to fucking tell me that. I remember not doing it

It's almost as annoying as in 4 when the giant red frame goes up because X doesn't have the map pack.

Also, if you're only getting one map pack, get MP2. The designs are much better.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Map Pack 3 has been announced for next month. Brandenburg Gate, naval AA batteries, and some Russian setting. Also, underground Nazi superscience labs.
    http://www.callofduty.com/supplies/wawmappack3/

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Finally a melee weapon that does damage! And the pack-a-punch machine? Stopping power for the later waves (as the name seems to imply), or a slot machine random perk thing (as the model seems to imply, with the three rollers). Looks like there is a lot more space to move on that map, but I never saw them camping/defending an area. So maybe its a large open map where you have to keep mobile?

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    Finally a melee weapon that does damage! And the pack-a-punch machine? Stopping power for the later waves (as the name seems to imply), or a slot machine random perk thing (as the model seems to imply, with the three rollers). Looks like there is a lot more space to move on that map, but I never saw them camping/defending an area. So maybe its a large open map where you have to keep mobile?

I'm not really sure on the machine, but they seem to have implied it's got different effects for each weapon. The M1919 and MG42 get some fancy engraving though. Need to find the other trailer.

Found it: http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1512/0.259

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That....that's a lot of betties.

Oh, okay, the pack-a-punch powers up the weapon. That is pretty neat. (Getting those engraved textures for normal multiplayer would be cool, not gonna happen, but cool) Wonder what the deal with the big clock is.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Looks like the map pack is going up next Thursday.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So is anyone still playing this on PC and looking to shoot some zombies?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I need a group to assemble on the 360 and help slay some freakbags. Because public games suck.

Also, uh...holy crap. I think I'm gonna have nightmares now. Sweet Jesus.
    That fucking audio log in the ovens. HOLY FUCKING CHRIST, WHAT THE HELL TREYARCH.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jesus, so I was thinking about buying this game today except it's still 70 dollars?!

Why has there been no price drop on this, if it was like 40 I'd be all over it, as soon as MW2 comes out I won't want it anymore.

why activision, whyyy??

:(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cause Activision is a bunch of money whoring idiots?

I wouldn't even bother at $40, just buy it used. There should be plenty of copies.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    new 70 buckaroos
    used 65

welcome to canada

:(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey we're both Vancouver BC.

I'll sell you my copy.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just so you know, fuck you kids and your submachineguns. Bolt actions for life. I am a convert to the church of the Mosin-Nagant.

Mechanical on