Options

How 'bout those Eastern European games?

2»

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was so sad when the english version of The Fall never got finished. That game looked awesome.

Warning, you might want to mute the trailer. Very bad music incoming.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGgqiaDzKA

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I was so sad when the english version of The Fall never got finished. That game looked awesome.

Oh wow, that looks neat. Any chance that maybe some fans or something might be able to finish it off?

Sorenson on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty sure that the Gothic games were made from an Eastern European company and they're fucking amazing. Brutal but oh so much fun.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorenson wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »

Oh wow, that looks neat. Any chance that maybe some fans or something might be able to finish it off?

Is that in german?

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the Gothic games were made from an Eastern European company and they're fucking amazing. Brutal but oh so much fun.
    Germany.

Dírhael on
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tim James wrote: »
    I've said many times that East Europe will save PC gaming. They still make squad-level turn-based tactical strategy games, for crying out loud.

Tell me more about....this.
    I think Silent Storm is the only non-shoddy one recently. I don't know who's developing JA3 these days but there's that. And Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge is working on localization I believe; the game was super buggy (like you'd expect) when released in Russia but we can always hope it will have enough charm to put up with the nonsense. There were a couple of other crappy ones too in the past few years. I'm just glad they try.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Console gaming here fucking sucks. It's far too expensive, the releases are always late and poorly localised (if at all) and oh yeah, it's far too expensive.

This is one of those (few lately) times I'm proud to be an American. eagle.png

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I suddenly feel like an Australian.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FireWeasel wrote: »
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    Having read the opening sentence of the OP I'd just like to say that The Stalkers sounds like an excellent concept for a sitcom.

To be fair, it'd be 30 minutes of shrubbery which would shake ominously at random points.
    It's already better than most american sitcoms that seem to get exported.

Wait, we export that shit? Alright world, go ahead and nuke us. Really. We deserve it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Having read the opening sentence of the OP I'd just like to say that The Stalkers sounds like an excellent concept for a sitcom.

To be fair, it'd be 30 minutes of shrubbery which would shake ominously at random points.

Wait, we export that shit? Alright world, go ahead and nuke us. Really. We deserve it.

Unfortunatly the population in the rest of the world has about the same level of intelligence as the american population so this shit gets airtime and viewers.
    Tv channels hate making original content (it's risky) so they buy shows from each other and maybe make a localized version at most and thus everyone has to suffer through the same catering to the lowest common denominator.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side...

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Nah, we copied your laugh tracks. And you gave me The Daily Show, so there's that.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Strifer wrote: »

Nah, we copied your laugh tracks. And you gave me The Daily Show, so there's that.

That reminds me, I really miss watching "Have I got News for You". I actually find that show covers current affairs better than the news half the time.

Although in the end, nothing beats "Yes Minister". Decades on, and all the politics is still the same. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wasn't aware of this before, but it seems we're not getting the best prices in norway either.

Apparently i pay nearly 85 dollars for the average console game, 115 dollars for a collectors edition and around 60 for pc games.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png