As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista Folder Options

RohanRohan Registered User regular
I'm getting sick of having to select View > List and Sort By > Type in every folder in Vista (using 32-bit Home Premium). Seeing as I've just re-formatted my pc and re-installed Vista, and just installed Vista again on our new media pc, it's very irritating to have to do this with every single folder. Is there some option I'm missing somewhere that'll let me set every damn folder Vista can find by the parameters I've explained above?

Edit - Also, look below. Why? Why can I sort by type in one folder but not in another? What genius thought that this was a good idea?

sort.jpg

sort2.jpg

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
Rohan on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't know if this applies to Vista, but in XP you go to Tools menu, then Folder Options... then View tab. Click Apply to all folders button.

As for the type in one folder, but not another: that is because it has pre-defined options for different folder contents (videos, music, documents, etc). You can obviously use the More... option to add type in there.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorting files is always tough for me too.

What irks me in Vista is that music folders lack certain sort options that ought to be obvious. I can't recall off the top of my head (at work atm), but things like "Author" or "Album." Whatever was missing, it could be added, but I felt like it ought to be there by default.

Corak on
    I live!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ah... that did work, thanks Exoplasm. I can't remember doing that in XP - I remember doing something else altogether, but eh, it worked. Sorting is still a pain, though, where can I add the option to Sort By in all folders?

Edit - Found it in the customize folder options. Still have to do it in every parent folder though.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rohan on

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    One thing to note in both Vista and XP is that they will occasionally bug out and change the folder views back to default.

Phoenix-D on