As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cell phones (should I switch carriers?)

That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So my wife and I had a 700 minute family plan through T-Mobile for the past few years. With the exception of a few dead-zones here and there, we are relatively happy with T-Mobile, and our contract with them just expired.

I want to get a smart phone (one with a qwerty keyboard and what not). Naturally, I'm looking at the G1 that is coming out later this month. Should I stay with T-Mobile and try out their G1, or should I look around at other carriers? One of the reasons we like T-Mobile is they are relatively cheap, so cost is important.

That_Spoony_Bard on

• Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    How cheap is cheap? With Sprint you can pay about $30/month for unlimited calls and texts.

Fizban140 on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been to their website, and I don't see what you are talking about. Link please?

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been to their website, and I don't see what you are talking about. Link please?
    Its an employee discount but my friend got a deal without it where they pay about that much, there are many ways to get the employee discount without knowing an employee.

I don't think it is illegal because it is friends and family.
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO

Fizban140 on
  • DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That link lists a 500 minute plan as $59.99/month and says there are no family plans, so he would need an additional plan for his wife. It's also obviously not unlimited calls (until the $99.99/month plan). I don't know about you, but 500 minutes for $59.99/month sounds pretty crappy to me.

Daenris on
  • clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why in the world would you pay 59.99 for 500 minutes EACH when a 700 minute sprint family plan is 69.99?

Personally, if you are happy with T-mobile, stay with them. Plus, G1 mmmm.

clsCorwin on
  • DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Didn't the SERO plan get canned?

Though if anyone has information on how to get into the old SERO plan, please let me know.

Djeet on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would hold off on the G1, it's getting mixed reviews at the moment, and people are already complaining about Android being a pain.

Kyougu on