Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Viva Phallata/Phalla of Oz: Newbie Phallas! Sour/Village Victories!

1246733

Posts

  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mr. Blarney loves math. If he isn't spewing as much information as usual, kill him.

    Protip: If you want to know what side I'm on, ask Infidel. If he's not a baddie (and probably even when he is), you'll likely get an accurate assessment. *shake fist*

    In regards to the vote, one strategy for analysis when the vote bandwagons quickly onto a single person and vote records are not so useful (since everyone's voting the same) is voting order. In past games, hosts have noted that the baddies tend to vote in groups due to how they discuss strategies with each other. While keeping track of these things does take more work (spreadsheets are your friends), it can be a worthy avenue of analysis to find the badguys. It's hard to fake randomness when you have so much control!

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Mr. Blarney loves math. If he isn't spewing as much information as usual, kill him.

    Protip: If you want to know what side I'm on, ask Infidel. If he's not a baddie (and probably even when he is), you'll likely get an accurate assessment. *shake fist*

    In regards to the vote, one strategy for analysis when the vote bandwagons quickly onto a single person and vote records are not so useful (since everyone's voting the same) is voting order. In past games, hosts have noted that the baddies tend to vote in groups due to how they discuss strategies with each other. While keeping track of these things does take more work (spreadsheets are your friends), it can be a worthy avenue of analysis to find the badguys. It's hard to fake randomness when you have so much control!

    Day one bad guy kill, just because you were unwilling to lie to infidel.

    DeShadowC on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2008
    !retract Orange Soda

    !vote Goose!

    PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Mr. Blarney loves math. If he isn't spewing as much information as usual, kill him.

    Protip: If you want to know what side I'm on, ask Infidel. If he's not a baddie (and probably even when he is), you'll likely get an accurate assessment. *shake fist*

    In regards to the vote, one strategy for analysis when the vote bandwagons quickly onto a single person and vote records are not so useful (since everyone's voting the same) is voting order. In past games, hosts have noted that the baddies tend to vote in groups due to how they discuss strategies with each other. While keeping track of these things does take more work (spreadsheets are your friends), it can be a worthy avenue of analysis to find the badguys. It's hard to fake randomness when you have so much control!

    Day one bad guy kill, just because you were unwilling to lie to infidel.

    The moral of this story is, you can't trust your friends.
    Maybe even especially not.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Goose
    Let's crack him open and see what's inside.

    MacGuffin on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Mr. Blarney loves math. If he isn't spewing as much information as usual, kill him.

    Protip: If you want to know what side I'm on, ask Infidel. If he's not a baddie (and probably even when he is), you'll likely get an accurate assessment. *shake fist*

    In regards to the vote, one strategy for analysis when the vote bandwagons quickly onto a single person and vote records are not so useful (since everyone's voting the same) is voting order. In past games, hosts have noted that the baddies tend to vote in groups due to how they discuss strategies with each other. While keeping track of these things does take more work (spreadsheets are your friends), it can be a worthy avenue of analysis to find the badguys. It's hard to fake randomness when you have so much control!

    Day one bad guy kill, just because you were unwilling to lie to infidel.

    The moral of this story is, you can't trust your friends.
    Maybe even especially not.

    I want the D&D one to end since I have questions for you about that one still.

    DeShadowC on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    When voting late to avoid inactivity, always pay attention to the consequences of your vote, like breaking a tie.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Goose kind of did this to himself.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Bwanie, no hard feelings I hope? Sorry !Goose, but I think yourself is cooked.

    sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you're "Evil" and one of your friends/teammates is dying to the vote. You can, and probably should, vote for your teammate. It sucks that you have to vote off a teammate, but it can definitely help shield you from the angry village. Not always recommended, but it can help

    lonelyahava on
  • DyvionDyvion Baking in AZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !DeShadowC

    !Goose


    It seems that your plan... if you had one... has backfired Goose. Hope there's non-edible candies in ya, otherwise I'll feel so terrible!

    Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    Magic Online: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Hex: FortyTwo
  • AltairAltair Registered User
    edited October 2008
    It seems it's... Complete Bandwagon Time!! Yay!
    You get off this time, !Bwanie.

    Okay !Goose.. But I have to say, you kind of did it to yourself. :|

    Altair on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    O snap a wagon full of people. Got any room?
    !Goose

    Orange Soda on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    !Goose

    because I want to make it unanimous

    Doxa on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You're all doing me a favor, really. The less colors I have to see the better :P

    Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blasphemy, Goose! Everyone likes colors - just ask TTR.

    Day 1 ends in 1 hour!

    Sheep Have Wool on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blasphemy, Goose! Everyone likes colors - just ask TTR.

    Day 1 ends in 1 hour!

    Just don't do what Frosteey did.

    DeShadowC on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Just don't do what Frosteey did.
    What did frosteey do?

    Orange Soda on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Just don't do what Frosteey did.
    What did frosteey do?

    Color central.

    DeShadowC on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow that is a lot of colors.

    Orange Soda on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    His posts are worse in that thread.

    DeShadowC on
  • Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vote closed, narration in 15.

    Sheep Have Wool on
  • Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Night 1

    120px-Rory.png

    "Pick me! Pick me!" said Goose!, the Rashberry. "I love being broken open! It's fun!"

    "It's not like that this time," said Paulie. "This time, it's for real."

    "WHAT?!" exclaimed Goose!, horrified.

    "GET HIM!"

    "Rashberries smell!" shouted moleface. "And you were trying to take all that candy I found earlier!"
    180px-Unknownbird.jpg

    Goose! looked at the Juicygoose with wide eyes. "You ATE it?! That was sour candy!"

    "Wha-Wha-What?!"
    BOOM!

    Tatters of paper and pieces of cardboard rained down over the group, followed by black, vile candy.

    "You killed him!" decried a Squazzil, pointing at Goose!. "After him!"


    In his final moments, thousands of colors flashed in front of Goose!'s eyes.


    After the dust had cleared, the piñatas looked up.

    "What have we done?" asked Fergie Fudgehog, a tear in his eye.

    Paulie looked sternly at the group. "What we had to do. Hey, what happened to sportzboytjw?!"
    fizzlybear.jpg

    Everyone looked at the broken Fizzlybear, candy strewn over the grass. It seemed obvious that at least one piñata had taken the search for the sours into his - or her - own papery hands.

    "We can't trust anyone," Hudson neighed. "We've got to keep looking for the sours..."


    Night 1 Obituary

    Goose! (Rashberry - Villager) - didn't think other piñatas had it in them
    moleface (Juicygoose - Villager) - should have spent more time checking his safe candy guidebook
    sportzboytjw (Fizzlybear -Villager) - torn to itty bitty piñata tatters

    Night 2 ends tomorrow at 10:00 PM CDT (-5:00 UTC). PM's going out now.

    Sheep Have Wool on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bold your votes. It's necessary, and helpful to those other players that are trying to count votes to help the game out.

    It seems like a small thing, but it really is nicey nice to do.

    lonelyahava on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OoooOooo

    This one should be over tomorrow.

    Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    OoooOooo

    This one should be over tomorrow.

    Don't be such a negative nancy.

    But yes, it's possible that the mafia faction wins... if none of them get hit.

    crimsoncoyote on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Well man, we really dropped the ball on that one

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    For starters, I'm going to go with !bwanie since sportzboytjw had originally voted for him and was then killed ... Yea, it's grasping at straws, but at least it's a start.

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I blame goose for self-incrimination.

    Orange Soda on
  • DyvionDyvion Baking in AZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm going with WilDPanthA05 on this one, that was definately a revenge killing. Whether it was a Vig kill or not remains to be seen.

    !Bwanie

    Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    Magic Online: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Hex: FortyTwo
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Don't be such a negative nancy.

    But yes, it's possible that the mafia faction wins... if none of them get hit.

    If the vote, vigilante target, baddie kill, and guard are randomly chosen, there's a better than 1 in 4 chance (I think) that three village-aligned players will be eliminated, resulting in a two-day win for the good guys.

    In actuality, we can hope that this percentage is lower than that. The seer has information about one player's alignment to work with. There are post histories, voting records and trends to look at. The village needs at least a 2/3 hit rate to win this game - it will take some work, but victory is not yet impossible.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    [snip]
    The village needs at least a 2/3 hit rate to win this game - it will take some work, but victory is not yet impossible.

    That's what I meant.

    crimsoncoyote on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That was definitely my first thought. I am pretty sure it was a vig kill because it was all like "and while no one was looking someone took matters into their own hands and blarg sportzboy is dead"

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really don't buy the bullshit of wanting to make a "unanimous" vote for someone when there were 3 votes for 3 other people. I also think you are trying to lay low.

    !Doxa

    Orange Soda on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2008
    There's not a lot of informations about the roles going on, so I guess !bwanie.

    PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For starters, I'm going to go with !bwanie since sportzboytjw had originally voted for him and was then killed ... Yea, it's grasping at straws, but at least it's a start.

    that makes no sense!


    Mafia is supposed to lay low.

    so i say !WilDPanthA05 for now.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also Sportsboy changed his vote to Goose right after Goose posted that sillyness and then AGAIN to goose a few minutes before closing.

    how this all incriminates me is beyond me, but hey.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I also think it is safe to assume that the baddies will need to talk strategy before deciding how to vote, so I would be very suspicious of how the rest of the people vote. I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them has voted so far, and they have 3 votes left to go.

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bwanie if you are evil or the vig you would be very bad at it. Or so good at it you pretend to not pretend to be bad? You know pull some double/triple reverse psychology on us. I really want to believe you vig killed sportz, but that would be just as convient as the reasons we all voted for goose.

    Unless Doxa has a damn good excuse I think we should take him out. Even if Bwanie is evil... there are still 3 other evils we need to find. I really think that if better evidence for bwanie being evil comes out, it would be much easier for me to vote for him.

    We really need to kill 2 evils tonight to get an edge, but if we are able to get just one of them, we will be in MUCH better shape.

    Orange Soda on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I personally did not think Goose would actually try and sway attention from himself that way,.

    So i was almost certain he was innocent. But in these beginner games, anyone who does not vote for the bandwagon is immedeately suscpicious.

    why, even getting voted for makes you suspicious it seems :|

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.