Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Viva Phallata/Phalla of Oz: Newbie Phallas! Sour/Village Victories!

1235733

Posts

  • DyvionDyvion Baking in AZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    After reviewing my vote, either Bwanie is Mafia and it was a revenge killing, or he's our Vigilante and and it was a revenge killing... Killing him if he's Mafia would be good... killing him if he's our Vig would be bad. So, on that note, I'm going to retract !Bwanie and change my vote to !Doxa just because I don't have anything better and the vote wasn't unanimous. And I don't want to off our Vig and murder any chance we have at victory.

    Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    Magic Online: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Hex: FortyTwo
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OoooOOOOOOOOoooOo
    Ouch.
    OOOOooOOOoOO

    sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For the villagers: If you think someone is a bad guy, then go ahead and say so in the thread, but always provide some sort of logic, even if it's just a hunch. However, if you suspect they might be a special good guy, you might be better off keeping it to yourself, because remember, anything you say in the thread can be seen by the bad guys too, you don't want to give the bad guys specials on a silver platter.

    Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I really don't buy the bullshit of wanting to make a "unanimous" vote for someone when there were 3 votes for 3 other people. I also think you are trying to lay low.

    !Doxa

    wow... I really don't understand your logic.

    "Apples aren't purple, so lizardmen are the ones attacking my orchard!"

    Doxa on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorry the logic was that you seemed the most suspicious one voting for goose, since your reasons for doing so were not true. Voting for goose at that point wasn't making a unanimous vote, but rather jumping on the bandwagon.

    Orange Soda on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Ummm, I can't understand the titles given to the dead, did anyone important die?

    That aside, I want everyone to look at this logically. The most suspicious people are the ones starting bandwagons. Only the evil can nominate someone to die with certainty and try to control the village vote through that. Only the evil will benefit from these bandwagons. With that said the people who are most suspcious on my list are these people

    WildPanthaA05 - for trying to start a bandwagon
    Orange Soda - for trying to start a bandwagon

    I think those that are jumping on those bandwagons immediately are also suspicious:

    PotU - for jumping on a bandwagon
    Dyvion (though less so) - for jumping on two different bandwagons

    With that said I really don't understand Orange Soda's reasoning, because I said "lets make this vote unanimous," when there were three other votes on three other people. With that shaky reasoning he finds it acceptable to accuse me and vote me off. With that said, and my logic used I believe !OrangeSoda. I am not voting him to reciprocate, but because logic points it toward him. If he dies, and he is evil, we can safely vote off PotU and maybe Dyvion for their bandwagoning attempts.

    Doxa on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually I voted for you to see how you would react to it.

    !Doxa

    !Mundane Soul

    Orange Soda on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For the most part, I agree with Doxa, but I've got a bad feeling about !WildPantha, personally.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Actually I voted for you to see how you would react to it.

    !Doxa

    !Mundane Soul

    the fuck...? Why are you voting for Mundane Soul? Where is your reasoning?

    For the most part, I agree with Doxa, but I've got a bad feeling about !WildPantha, personally.

    Well WildPantha is suspicious, but I think his reasoning has some grounding. A lot more grounding than Orange Soda.

    Doxa on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorry I just realized I didn't give any reasoning. I wasn't sure if we were able to retract a vote without substituting a new one. I assure you I am not evil, I am just a noob.

    He was one of the only people to not change their vote to goose so I feel like he was being the evil people's vote for a random person that is not on our bandwagon guy.

    Given that as the criteria for choosing, that means I would vote for either him, DeShadowC (who said his vote was RNG, which i think i believe), or Chromdom (vote was "mostly random" then changed to Mundane after Mundane voted for him). His only reason for choosing Chromdom was some bs about not liking the letter E even though it was posted like 2 minutes after him.

    Orange Soda on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't vote for a villager, so that makes me bad? :lol:

    I never really bought into Goose as evil, and it wouldn't have changed anything anyways since he was the clear (only) vote leader, so I left my vote where it was.

    And the thing about the letter E was just me being silly. I picked chromdom because he was the person who signed up after me, as I said in my initial post. Now you're just misrepresenting the facts. Pretty suspicious, honestly.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't see how trying to see through super secret multi-layered evil plans and trying to talk it out as logically as I can at such an un-godly hour of the morning makes me suspicious. Well okay maybe I can see why that would be suspicious. Who should we vote for then?

    Orange Soda on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I didn't vote for a villager, so that makes me bad? :lol:

    I never really bought into Goose as evil, and it wouldn't have changed anything anyways since he was the clear (only) vote leader, so I left my vote where it was.

    And the thing about the letter E was just me being silly. I picked chromdom because he was the person who signed up after me, as I said in my initial post. Now you're just misrepresenting the facts. Pretty suspicious, honestly.

    Exactly.

    Lets vote off Orange Soda, it will reveal a lot more information if he is evil. If he's good then he is just massively dumb.

    Doxa on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Doxa wrote: »
    If he's good then he is just massively dumb.
    I vote for this one. I really didn't mean to be as suspicious as I was coming off as, just trying to get to the bottom of the true.

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    See whats gonna be worse is if you get everyone to vote for me and my crazy paranoia about you two turns out to be true. I still haven't heard either of you try to prove you are good, only attack my bad logic.

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also if I was evil wouldn't you think I would already know who they were voting for and wouldn't need to stay in this thread trying to figure out whats going on, whose evil, and who the hell im voting for? We had our vig kill a villager, the mafia kill another villager, and goose vote for himself cause us all to stupidly vote for him. We are seriously behind right now.

    I can understand your being suspicious of me for trying to brainstorm and being a little butthurt that the first person I brainstormed was you, but I am at least trying to prove I am being good. Any further effort from you Doxa to bandwagon me and I will think you are evil again (I had stopped after your response to me). I have already painted a big target on my head by brainstorming, but we needed to do something drastic to MAKE sure that tonight we do not kill an innocent. I assure you I am good and if you vote me off, the mafia will get another kill, and then if the vig fucks up again.... then thats game.

    Instead of saying how suspicious you think I am, let's try to look at the people that are trying to NOT look suspicious. I obviously knew that posted a lot and trying to discuss this would make me look suspicious, but realize the people that are trying to look the least suspicious may have the most to hide.

    Orange Soda on
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OoOOoooOoo

    I prefer sour candy irl anyways

    oooOoooooOO

    moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    moleface wrote: »
    OoOOoooOoo

    I prefer sour candy irl anyways

    oooOoooooOO

    Does it automatically add in the OoOOoooOoo or are all you dead people just all using them?

    Orange Soda on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If dead people make a final post in the thread, it is traditional to use the OoOoOoOooOoo to show that a 'ghost' is posting. Generally only one last post is tolerated, and it cannot give any information on the game.

    Wildcat on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanks wildcat

    Orange Soda on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Also if I was evil wouldn't you think I would already know who they were voting for and wouldn't need to stay in this thread trying to figure out whats going on, whose evil, and who the hell im voting for? We had our vig kill a villager, the mafia kill another villager, and goose vote for himself cause us all to stupidly vote for him. We are seriously behind right now.

    I can understand your being suspicious of me for trying to brainstorm and being a little butthurt that the first person I brainstormed was you, but I am at least trying to prove I am being good. Any further effort from you Doxa to bandwagon me and I will think you are evil again (I had stopped after your response to me). I have already painted a big target on my head by brainstorming, but we needed to do something drastic to MAKE sure that tonight we do not kill an innocent. I assure you I am good and if you vote me off, the mafia will get another kill, and then if the vig fucks up again.... then thats game.

    Instead of saying how suspicious you think I am, let's try to look at the people that are trying to NOT look suspicious. I obviously knew that posted a lot and trying to discuss this would make me look suspicious, but realize the people that are trying to look the least suspicious may have the most to hide.

    There is no way I can "prove" being good, neither can you. I am not bandwagoning you, I am using sound logic as my premise to attack you. Your words are unable to back yourself, only your actions. I have seen your actions and attempts to bandwagon with unsound reasoning would only benefit the evil. It is either you or WildPantha for your bandwagon attempts, and as I said WildPantha's accusation was alot more sound than yours.

    Your strategy seems to randomly accuse people to see how they react. That's stupid. Don't do it.

    Also, if you were evil you would make every attempt to appear good. So your first reasoning is unsound.

    And as for those trying to look not suspicious. There is a wider range of possibilities so I don't believe it a good idea. I think someone trying to control the village vote through a bandwagon is suspicious, which is why you're on the top of my list.

    I have a sound strategy that I came in here with and I am using it. You will be someone that will yield the most information to me despite your affiliation.

    Doxa on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Orange, I want to believe you're good, but you just keep talking and talking and talking. That worries me. You also seem to have selective vision, as you keep ignoring parts of my posts. I did NOT just attack your bad logic, I also defended myself.

    !WildPantha

    !OrangeSoda

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i'm going colorblind already!

    edit: no wait, there it is.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    One thing to remember is that voting records from previous days can often be helpful to see who's hiding in a large bandwagon (who voted for someone who already had a bunch of votes) or someone who tried to save another person by voting for someone else to win over that person.

    Ardor on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow the bandwagon is going insane right now. I'm suspecting both orangesoda and bwanie. For now !OrangeSoda but that might possibly change later in the day.

    DeShadowC on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    One thing to remember is that voting records from previous days can often be helpful to see who's hiding in a large bandwagon (who voted for someone who already had a bunch of votes) or someone who tried to save another person by voting for someone else to win over that person.
    Also, the timing of votes can be useful to check too. Bad guys may well put a vote on when a bandwagon looks like it's stalling in order to add fresh impetus, or may wait until the last minute to vote out one of their buddies if they are beyond saving.

    Just beware that not everyone lives in the same time zone, so what looks suspicious to you may not actually be so to them!

    Wildcat on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Doxa wrote: »
    Also if I was evil wouldn't you think I would already know who they were voting for and wouldn't need to stay in this thread trying to figure out whats going on, whose evil, and who the hell im voting for? We had our vig kill a villager, the mafia kill another villager, and goose vote for himself cause us all to stupidly vote for him. We are seriously behind right now.

    I can understand your being suspicious of me for trying to brainstorm and being a little butthurt that the first person I brainstormed was you, but I am at least trying to prove I am being good. Any further effort from you Doxa to bandwagon me and I will think you are evil again (I had stopped after your response to me). I have already painted a big target on my head by brainstorming, but we needed to do something drastic to MAKE sure that tonight we do not kill an innocent. I assure you I am good and if you vote me off, the mafia will get another kill, and then if the vig fucks up again.... then thats game.

    Instead of saying how suspicious you think I am, let's try to look at the people that are trying to NOT look suspicious. I obviously knew that posted a lot and trying to discuss this would make me look suspicious, but realize the people that are trying to look the least suspicious may have the most to hide.

    There is no way I can "prove" being good, neither can you. I am not bandwagoning you, I am using sound logic as my premise to attack you. Your words are unable to back yourself, only your actions. I have seen your actions and attempts to bandwagon with unsound reasoning would only benefit the evil. It is either you or WildPantha for your bandwagon attempts, and as I said WildPantha's accusation was alot more sound than yours.

    Your strategy seems to randomly accuse people to see how they react. That's stupid. Don't do it.

    Also, if you were evil you would make every attempt to appear good. So your first reasoning is unsound.

    And as for those trying to look not suspicious. There is a wider range of possibilities so I don't believe it a good idea. I think someone trying to control the village vote through a bandwagon is suspicious, which is why you're on the top of my list.

    I have a sound strategy that I came in here with and I am using it. You will be someone that will yield the most information to me despite your affiliation.

    The problem with all of our voting now is that after day one we have been crippled. Not severly, but well enough. We have to pool the lack of information we have about everyone that has voted and see if there are any well enough trends. It's tough, especially with how little we have to go on, to see if anyone is acting completely suspicious considering we have one day's worth of voting to go on. I can see what both OJ & Doxa are saying, but it seems like OJ might be talking himself into a corner. It really is odd to throw someone's name out there as a vote (especially after day one) just to see how a person would react to it.

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Doxa wrote: »
    Also if I was evil wouldn't you think I would already know who they were voting for and wouldn't need to stay in this thread trying to figure out whats going on, whose evil, and who the hell im voting for? We had our vig kill a villager, the mafia kill another villager, and goose vote for himself cause us all to stupidly vote for him. We are seriously behind right now.

    I can understand your being suspicious of me for trying to brainstorm and being a little butthurt that the first person I brainstormed was you, but I am at least trying to prove I am being good. Any further effort from you Doxa to bandwagon me and I will think you are evil again (I had stopped after your response to me). I have already painted a big target on my head by brainstorming, but we needed to do something drastic to MAKE sure that tonight we do not kill an innocent. I assure you I am good and if you vote me off, the mafia will get another kill, and then if the vig fucks up again.... then thats game.

    Instead of saying how suspicious you think I am, let's try to look at the people that are trying to NOT look suspicious. I obviously knew that posted a lot and trying to discuss this would make me look suspicious, but realize the people that are trying to look the least suspicious may have the most to hide.

    There is no way I can "prove" being good, neither can you. I am not bandwagoning you, I am using sound logic as my premise to attack you. Your words are unable to back yourself, only your actions. I have seen your actions and attempts to bandwagon with unsound reasoning would only benefit the evil. It is either you or WildPantha for your bandwagon attempts, and as I said WildPantha's accusation was alot more sound than yours.

    Your strategy seems to randomly accuse people to see how they react. That's stupid. Don't do it.

    Also, if you were evil you would make every attempt to appear good. So your first reasoning is unsound.

    And as for those trying to look not suspicious. There is a wider range of possibilities so I don't believe it a good idea. I think someone trying to control the village vote through a bandwagon is suspicious, which is why you're on the top of my list.

    I have a sound strategy that I came in here with and I am using it. You will be someone that will yield the most information to me despite your affiliation.

    The problem with all of our voting now is that after day one we have been crippled. Not severly, but well enough. We have to pool the lack of information we have about everyone that has voted and see if there are any well enough trends. It's tough, especially with how little we have to go on, to see if anyone is acting completely suspicious considering we have one day's worth of voting to go on. I can see what both OJ & Doxa are saying, but it seems like OJ might be talking himself into a corner. It really is odd to throw someone's name out there as a vote (especially after day one) just to see how a person would react to it.

    Then someone create a spreadsheet. I would but I'm at work and don't have access to a full version of excel only a read only version.

    DeShadowC on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Remember that the hour before the vote close is the an important time.

    Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The vote results were also pretty terrible because of Goose's suicidal posting.

    Now, what i want to know is why sporty's death implies me being either vig or a mafia.

    And don't give me that revenge-kill bullshit, i'v never heard of it before this game. And to do such a thing is just dumb, because that shit draws attention and that's the last you want if you are vig or mafia..

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SPREADSHEET ATTACKS!

    PHALLA TAKES 3 DMG!

    PHALLA IS POISONED!

    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pQEvn_7--C1hSs-iAPp2Jaw&hl=en

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    pokemonbattlemusic.mid
    It's super-effective!

    crimsoncoyote on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Orangesoda was also the last one to vote last night if the spreadsheet is correct. Plus his actions today, I dunno its not much to go on but we don't have much to go on ya know?

    DeShadowC on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Orange Soda
    Somehow i have a feeling that you are trying to hide in plain sight.

    MacGuffin on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was not the last person to vote on Day 1, Doxa was. I through Doxa's name out there because he seemed very suspicious with his reason's for voting on Day 1. Now he has successfully made many of you think I should be voted for. That sounds like something one of the evil's would do.

    Why would I try to hide in the open? That is the very reason that goose was killed. We killed him because we believed he might be trying to pull a fast one and hide in the open. And now we have 3 dead villagers. I don't know why I strayed from my first suspicion.

    !Mundane Soul
    !Doxa

    Stop trying to pretend to be good.

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also keep in mind how low McGuffin is trying to lay? How do you find me more suspicious than the people that are just sitting back and letting this happen.

    Orange Soda on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was not the last person to vote on Day 1, Doxa was.

    My apologies. This is what I get for reading things while at work talking to customers.

    DeShadowC on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    First of all it's MacGuffin, i'm not a scotsman. ;-)
    The exact reason i find you suspicious is because you are actually doing really weird things, like voting for Doxa to see how he would react, it just makes no sense to me.

    MacGuffin on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Whatever, Fuck it. I will be lame and reveal. I am a noob for trying to brainstorm out in the open I will admit, but you all are really bad for thinking that I would try to do the same thing that killed goose.

    2dl503.jpg

    I AM the seer and you all are fucking bad.

    Be very wary of who has voted for me already. The reason I have been so vocal about trying to figure it out is that I have no idea who most of the people are. Given a longer game with more people we would almost certainly win but right now the evils know 3 other people already and I don't know if there are masons in this game, but I have absolutely nothing to go on except for my first night's seer'ing. I did not seer Doxa, but I think he is evil because of how strongly he is trying to get me voted out. We are running out of time and even if my suspicion for who is evil turns out to be true tonight, we can't kill them until tomorrow, which means we need to NOT kill someone good tonight.

    Badies beware, one of you dies..... tomorrow.... if I live.

    Orange Soda on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also I need to go study now.... I will check back on this thread later tonight. Please give me a good person to vote for that has logical reasons behind it rather than "well they are doing the same thing goose did and died for so.... OMFG THEY MUST BE BAD".

    Orange Soda on
Sign In or Register to comment.