edited October 2008
    Does TRU have PC games?

Daemonion on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Daemonion wrote: »
    Does TRU have PC games?

They have them on their website, yet their in-store selection in nonexistent. The store by me is better than most with their game selection and yet they carry no PC games outside of a few shovelware ones.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lamesauce.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh man. 30% off Wii accessories? Hot damn. That plus employee discount nabs me a points card for 11.99 before tax! Bought and bought.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    does this sale count towards preorders?

i am thinking de blob, wario shake it and ?

saw a preorder for deadly creatures but don't know if that is kosher.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Notable Games Being released before October 18:

Blitz: The League II (360, PS3)
    Saint's Row 2 (360, PS3, PC)
    Populous (DS)
    Golden Axe: Beast Rider (360, PS3)
    Dead Space (360, PS3)
    Sam and Max: Season One (Wii)
    SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)
    FIFA Soccer 2009 (Multi)

Couple good ones in there.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dead Space is out next week?

urahonky on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This is what Joystiq reports: 10/14.
    Wiki says the same, except 10/20 on PC.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dead Space is out next week?

Yes, but ... toysrus.com has the game as available on Oct. 20. :x I've always found getting M-rated games at Toys R Us a crapshoot; games sometimes aren't out on the floor.

Sam & Max Season 1 for Wii is only $30 so I might see if there are any other DS/PSP games I've been holding out on. This also gives me the perfect excuse to finally buy Ghost Squad, too.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fuuuuck. That would have been perfect.

urahonky on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not surprised Dead Space is out next week. I see a commercial for it every 15 seconds.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You need to watch less TV then. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

TRU in general is a very strange sort of place to get games from; they don't really adhere to the same schedule as GameStop, whether it's accidentally or otherwise. The only time I really grab Day 1 releases from there is for B2G1 sales like this, and I almost always never get all the games I want. The last one was Space Invades Extreme, which they didn't have until like two weeks after GameStop did and the sale was over.

Still, it can't hurt to look around.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You need to watch less TV then. :)

Actually I don't watch much TV, but I guess the few shows that I do watch, they figured they'd best be targetting their market by advertising on them incessantly.

slash000 on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lunker wrote: »

TRU in general is a very strange sort of place to get games from; they don't really adhere to the same schedule as GameStop, whether it's accidentally or otherwise. The only time I really grab Day 1 releases from there is for B2G1 sales like this, and I almost always never get all the games I want. The last one was Space Invades Extreme, which they didn't have until like two weeks after GameStop did and the sale was over.

Every single B2G1 sale I've ever gone to TRU for has been during the release of a major game which they either say they haven't gotten it yet or just claim to have not gotten it yet. It has to be a total bait and switch. Last year was SMG, and for days during the sale they kept saying, "Oh we haven't gotten it yet" or "Our shipment got delayed". Then magically the game came in the day after the deal ended which was DAYS after release. I think they just wanted to get people to come in for Super Mario Galaxies and then pretend not to have it yet.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DQIV just went up on their website today. Yeah, they are funky with getting new releases.

Rakai on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Every single B2G1 sale I've ever gone to TRU for has been during the release of a major game which they either say they haven't gotten it yet or just claim to have not gotten it yet. It has to be a total bait and switch. Last year was SMG, and for days during the sale they kept saying, "Oh we haven't gotten it yet" or "Our shipment got delayed". Then magically the game came in the day after the deal ended which was DAYS after release. I think they just wanted to get people to come in for Super Mario Galaxies and then pretend not to have it yet.

That was all DHL's fault, maybe 4 TRUs in the entire US got shipments that day. Ours got there the day after they were supposed to though, so we could still honor the sale, I don't know what happened at the one you were shopping at.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish in some ways there was an actual limit - anytime I've tried to get in on sales like this, eBay vultures have already been in the store and snatched up virtually everything.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I wish in some ways there was an actual limit - anytime I've tried to get in on sales like this, eBay vultures have already been in the store and snatched up virtually everything.

I know. That's the biggest problem with things like this.

I always try to get in there and get at least something before that happens though... but between TRU's meager game stock and the eBay crowd, it's tough.

slash000 on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My local TRU has such a paper thin game stock that I don't know if I could find three games I want. I guess I could hope that they get Dead Space in some time that week, but the odds on that aren't always great.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gyral wrote: »
    My local TRU has such a paper thin game stock that I don't know if I could find three games I want. I guess I could hope that they get Dead Space in some time that week, but the odds on that aren't always great.

The site says the 20th, what are the odds of it coming in before that?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ikillkennyikillkenny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I suppose I'll check this out. I got lucky once in picking up like 10 pretty good GBA games for around $70 a few years ago in a sale that only applied to a handful of TRS's and wasn't advertised at all. Hopefully I'll find something decent this year, the past few haven't been so great.

ikillkenny on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think, as usual, I'm gonna pick up a trio of DS games. It's always easier to drop $60 on one sitting rather than $100+ in one sitting.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If I were to order online, would it be best to try at midnight of the 12th? I didn't see anything in the OP about when ordering online is available.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is Toys R Us open this Monday? I was told its Columbus Day... its Thanksgiving up here, so I have the day off... would be fun to hop the border and waste some cash.

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, it is open on Columbus Day.

Classic Controllers are also 40% off, but not Wii Remotes or Wii Nunchucks. Too bad.

Also of note is that Toysrus has some fantastic games in their bargin bin. 9.99 for Phoenix Wright:Trials and Tribulations or the first Bleach DS game, and 5 bucks for the Fatal Fury PS2 collection.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hmm, i finally swooped on CoD4, Uncharted, Force Unleashed

xta on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I read through the OP but maybe not clearly enough.

If I buy 3 wii points cards do i get one for free?

No, it's only 30% off each. The games are buy 2 get 1 free.

Although you're technically correct, the B2G1 actually gets you 33 percent off of each game for 3 games priced the same, so buying points cards at 30 percent off is pretty much the same thing. :rotate:

Minamimoto-2.jpg

So zetta slow!

So I went to my local TRU and they said they had heard of no such 30% off sale for points cards.

Awful. My Sunday is ruined.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Guys. Two 2000 pt. cards for $20 total. Awesome.
    Also, the TRU I work at has Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP for 9.98. Which is pretty sweet.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there some reason that only certain games online are working?

No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, and a few others are not working with the deal, even though the website claims its a sale on ALL games.

There's also apparently an 'in store only' sale on the PS3, but no details on the site. Anyone know what this is?

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, and a few others are not working with the deal, even though the website claims its a sale on ALL games.

There's also apparently an 'in store only' sale on the PS3, but no details on the site. Anyone know what this is?

TRU is notorious for their random "not supported" titles on their "ALL GAMES SUPPORTED" sales. There have been a few posts on Consumerist about it.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Weird. I ordered late last night and it worked with No More Heroes. Looking around the site, lots of games that were working with the deal when it first went up have since been removed.

Rakai on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    got Bangai-O, Trauma Center 2, de Blob, and two 2000 points cards.

Points cards 40% off is a pretty sweet deal I must say.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    TWEWY, Locke's Quest, and Kirby Superstar Ultra.. for $80 (online) not bad.

urahonky on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i got me 2 warioshakes (one for my bro for christmas) de Blob, and I snagged a wii fit bundle!
    i am stoked about the last one been looking for one for a while now

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, this is pretty good.

I saw a ton of people walking around with Wiis and WiiFits. I think TRU had been stocking units for this week..

So, I went this morning. Lots of copies of Kirby SuperStar Ultra. Came back this afternoon to get some Points Cards, and every Kirby was sold out! Hah, not so surprised. Also they were down to about 50% stock of Wario Shake It

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm waiting for thursday to get Dokapon.

Though I could have pulled the gun on Harvest Moon, De Blob, and Wario, or Bloom Blox, or a few other 40-50 dollar games (TWENY)

I really want Dokapon though and am overbudget this month as is.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm just waiting to see if TRU is gonna stop being lame and decides to sell Dead Space on it's release date. If not, it's cool I have alot of 360 gaming to catch up on and I'll get some other games.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    They get games in on thursday usually.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    My store didn't have a $5 fatal fury collection. I was a little disappointed but whatever. I still made out well.

slash000 on