Options

Toys'R'Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale 10/12 - 10/18

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So after not having Kirby Super Star Ultra and deciding to pass on Super Mario 64 DS, I ended up with Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Nights Wii, and the 360 Naruto game.

I might go back on Friday or Saturday and pick up another three. SM64, and another two.

Also picked up the last Wii points card at it's $12 price point.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    They had the remaining copies of Geometry Wars for DS & Wii for $10 a piece, and a bin full of Elite Beat Agents at $5 a piece.

I might end up getting two copies of GeoWars DS and one DS. One DS and Wii for myself, and one DS for my inevitable Secret Santa. Thoughts?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hahhah, like I said earlier, for whatever reason, Kirby Super Star Ultra seems to be the fastest moving game during this sale. It was the only game I saw which was heavily stocked in the morning and then totally sold out in the afternoon.

edit:
    dammit where are these wonderful bargain bins? My local tru didn't really have one with such great deals at like $5 and $10 for good stuff.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Hahhah, like I said earlier, for whatever reason, Kirby Super Star Ultra seems to be the fastest moving game during this sale. It was the only game I saw which was heavily stocked in the morning and then totally sold out in the afternoon.

edit:
    dammit where are these wonderful bargain bins? My local tru didn't really have one with such great deals at like $5 and $10 for good stuff.

Trust me, from what I recall those were the only games in the bin worth getting.

Everything was like

0078513836147_215X215.jpg

or

12105.jpg

So you weren't missing much. There may have been other gems in there, but nothing that immediately comes to mind.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trials and Tribulations was in mine.

It's not anymore. :P

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Think it'd be possible to buy GH2 360, GH3 360, and GH:A 360 (all with guitars) and essentially buy 3 guitars for the price of 2 after trading in GH2/3/A elsewhere?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there a link I can have that says cards are 40% off?

The store I went to said they had no idea what I was talking about.

TRU.com doesn't say it either

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

It's in their weekly ad

Says,

"Sun & Mon only! 40% off ALL Wii Accessories!"

That's it. The clerks may not know that it applies to Wii Points cards, but it should ring up as a Promo and knock a $20 card down to $11.99.

slash000 on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sunday ad. Front page. "All Wii Accessories 40% off Sun & Mon! Remote and Nuchuck excluded."

Depends on if they count point cards as accessories. Then you can argue that you're putting tax on it so it is an accessory?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's in their weekly ad

Says,

"Sun & Mon only! 40% off ALL Wii Accessories!"

That's it. The clerks may not know that it applies to Wii Points cards, but it should ring up as a Promo and knock a $20 card down to $11.99.

So this is confirmed?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I ordered one online and it was 40% off. They're sold out now though.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I think the only accessories for the wii that weren't included in the sale at my store were the obligatory remote and chuk, Monster component cables, and 2gb 'Memory Cards' (SD cards) for the wii. I went through all of the accessories in the store while I was setting up for a 'Wii sunday' at 6am this morning. The 512 mb 'memory cards' were on sale, though.

Now I need to figure out what to spend my 4000 points on. There are so many choices. I do want to save some for Cave Story. I'm considering My Aquarium (obviously not my primo choice, I just think it looks kinda interesting), Strong Bad Ep1, and Super Mario RPG. Definitely SMRPG. But the rest...I dunno.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So this is confirmed?

It's absolutely confirmed. I bought two 2000 Wii Points cards for a total of $24 this afternoon.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well I am getting my stuff tomorrow.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    They didn't have any Wii Points at mine. Not sold out, didn't carry.

I did pick up another classic controller though. Enough for Secret of Mana on Monday at any rate.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, there were only 3 left at my local TRU (the points cards). I got 2 of those 3.

I am seriously considering getting another Classic Con so I can do 2 player VC games. Since I have so many good 2p ones.

slash000 on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh Toys R Us, please stock Dead Space on tuesday.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thursday. You come in on Tuesday and they probably won't have it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    wait what. secret of mana VC? shiiiit.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    wait what. secret of mana VC? shiiiit.

I'm not entirely sure.

It's coming soon though, before the year is up I can almost guarantee, the hype needle is in the red.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If Secret of Mana is released on VC I will blow my load so hard you all will feel it.

And you should fear it.

urahonky on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thursday. You come in on Tuesday and they probably won't have it.

I plan on calling ahead.

tofu on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So Wario Land: Shake it! and De Blob are eligible (awesome) but Super Paper Mario is not.

o_O The hell?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I think the only accessories for the wii that weren't included in the sale at my store were the obligatory remote and chuk, Monster component cables, and 2gb 'Memory Cards' (SD cards) for the wii. I went through all of the accessories in the store while I was setting up for a 'Wii sunday' at 6am this morning. The 512 mb 'memory cards' were on sale, though.

Now I need to figure out what to spend my 4000 points on. There are so many choices. I do want to save some for Cave Story. I'm considering My Aquarium (obviously not my primo choice, I just think it looks kinda interesting), Strong Bad Ep1, and Super Mario RPG. Definitely SMRPG. But the rest...I dunno.

Art Style: Orbient is looking to be a possible winner.
    darunia106 wrote: »
    So Wario Land: Shake it! and De Blob are eligible (awesome) but Super Paper Mario is not.

o_O The hell?
    TRU are actually trying to help you out there :)

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    METAzraeL wrote: »

o_O The hell?

Yeah I've heard the reviews and was planning on picking it up when it hit $20, but this time I would've gotten it for free!

Might as well get Wii play *grumble grumble*. Oh wait, sold out online. :x

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    If Secret of Mana is released on VC I will blow my load so hard you all will feel it.

And you should fear it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited October 2008

o_O The hell?

Yeah I've heard the reviews and was planning on picking it up when it hit $20, but this time I would've gotten it for free!

hmm, Dokapon Kingdom, maybe? I haven't seen any reviews yet.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited October 2008

o_O The hell?

Super Paper Mario is actually an excellent game if you know what you're getting into. It is most certainly not a platformer, for example.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Super Paper Mario is actually an excellent game if you know what you're getting into. It is most certainly not a platformer, for example.
    depending on your budget it might make a good cheap purchase, but I really don't think it's worth more than a rental.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh well, I think I'll go in to my local TRU tomorrow to see if they have Wii play. If not, I'll try getting Super Paper Mario or some DS game as my third free game.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

And you should fear it.

You know what else they should release. I forgot the name...but it had Dark/Light transformations and you could choose from a knight/mage/wolfman/healer/thief/Valkyrie I think.

Those were two of my favorite SNES games.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, do only certain games apply online? I can't tell which do (since the online ad says ALL games that aren't preorder or PC), but I added 3 DS games and it was still trying to charge me full price when I went through checkout.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ganluan wrote: »
    So, do only certain games apply online? I can't tell which do (since the online ad says ALL games that aren't preorder or PC), but I added 3 DS games and it was still trying to charge me full price when I went through checkout.

Seems like it since other people reported having the same problem.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ganluan wrote: »

When you view the game it should have a list of the deals it's eligible for. If it doesn't say Buy 2 Get 1 Free on the specific game then it won't work. Their online store is really weird. A bunch of games that were eligible when it first went online are no longer working.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dragkonias wrote: »

And you should fear it.

You know what else they should release. I forgot the name...but it had Dark/Light transformations and you could choose from a knight/mage/wolfman/healer/thief/Valkyrie I think.

Those were two of my favorite SNES games.

That's actually the sequel, Seiken Densetsu 3. Don't expect it coming out in America any time soon, if ever.

And can we please stop talking about load blowing? Thank you.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    well, i went and no cards, no classic controllers, no games I want. faaaaaaaail for me.

saved money not buying anything, though. and picked up TF:A Soundwave instead.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    well, i went and no cards, no classic controllers, no games I want. faaaaaaaail for me.

saved money not buying anything, though. and picked up TF:A Soundwave instead.

I'd say check back on Wednesday or Friday. They'll likely have restocked by then.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    wii sale is sun/mon

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm. I have 3 hours to kill before work, the nearest TRU is 30 minutes away. All I want is Wii points cards. Tough decision.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I went into my local TRU today. They didn't have any point cards, but the bloke said they weren't doing any sales for the Wii accessories.

METAzraeL on