Options

Toys'R'Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale 10/12 - 10/18

124»

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    TRU is such a crapshoot. A few years ago I took advantage of a $10 clearance and found four awesome games and a 360 (back when the 360 launched and was stupidly rare). And there was the launch discount on Mario Galaxy. But other than that, it's been failure after failure.

I could really use some Wii points cards, but I don't have it in me to enter the half-empty TRU game section again.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    wii sale is sun/mon

But B2G1F sale is all week.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just though I'd point out that their online store seems to be fixing some of the issues such as No More Heroes not working and various other titles that weren't weren't working. Also Fallout 3 collector's edition seems to have gotten included in the deal.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rakai wrote: »
    Just though I'd point out that their online store seems to be fixing some of the issues such as No More Heroes not working and various other titles that weren't weren't working. Also Fallout 3 collector's edition seems to have gotten included in the deal.

How is Fallout 3 Collector's Edition part of the deal? Does the B2G1 Free deal work on pre-orders as well?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I need some help. Whats everyone getting with the Buy 1 Get 1? I'm so conflicted.

Cash flow is low, so I'm trying to find older stuff I've missed, or just stuff that priced awesomely. I also think my brain looks at this sale as an excuse to but stuff that is more than likely crap.

My cart so far has consisted of:

Viva Pinata 2 (360)
    Samba De Amigo (Wii)
    No More Heroes (Wii)
    CrossworDS (DS)
    deBlob (Wii)

I feel like deBlob will come down in price eventually (like NMH has), so I figued I'd wait on it. And Samba seems to be terrible, dispite how badly I want it to be awesome. I just got a DS 2 weeks ago, and have picked up all 3 phoenix wrights, sonic rush, trauma center and brain age to keep me busy -- so I don't NEED a DS game, but if there's any good ones I'm missing, I'd be open to trying it.

These sales are so damn impossible for people like me who feel like this is a life and death decision.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hows about warioland: shake it:

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Didn't look like my TRU even carried Wii cards, but i did make off with a 360 VGA cable (official Microsoft) for 10$.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would actually be more interested in a buy 2 Halo figures get one free sale, because that's much more within my price limit these days. I be all sorts of strapped for cash.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So yeah, every TRU I went to was cleared out of Wii Points cards, so either eBay asshole scalpers got to them or the R-Zone people pulled stock. :(

I'm going to scope out this week to see if any of the TRUs by me get Sam & Max for Wii, but otherwise I might skip out entirely on the sale.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rakai wrote: »

How is Fallout 3 Collector's Edition part of the deal? Does the B2G1 Free deal work on pre-orders as well?

This is also my question. I planned on doing the buy a filler game and return it for Fallout 3, but if I can skip that and just buy fallout 3 I'd love to do that.

I want to get
    Dead Space
    Mercenaries 2
    Fallout 3

Edit: I found my own answer. It doesn't include preorders, says so right on the website

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For some crazy reason, if you check the product listing:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245332

There is a Buy 2 Get 1 Free icon on the bottom of the page meaning it is eligible for the sale.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it also says right next to that icon (PC/Mac Games and Pre-orders are not included)

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It works, though.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    So yeah, every TRU I went to was cleared out of Wii Points cards, so either eBay asshole scalpers got to them or the R-Zone people pulled stock. :(

I'm going to scope out this week to see if any of the TRUs by me get Sam & Max for Wii, but otherwise I might skip out entirely on the sale.

I got there 10 minutes after opening and there were only two, but they were still locked up, so they didn't start with much. I got one of them. I know that my friends that worked there took some for themselves, though.

*coughPhibbscough*

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I got there 10 minutes after opening and there were only two, but they were still locked up, so they didn't start with much. I got one of them. I know that my friends that worked there took some for themselves, though.

*coughPhibbscough*

It was really strange, too—one of the ones I went to had like 15 copies of Wii Fit just sitting out in the middle of the aisle, but Wii Points cards? "Nope, had a big run, we're all sold out!"

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's the only benefit to working retail. :P Don't hate on them.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Well, to be fair, we've been out for MONTHS. I definitely wanted to take advantage of that, but I just picked up a Classic Controller instead.

And I pushed at my store to do PC games just because I want the goddamned shelves cleared for me to put out the millions of freight pieces sitting in the game closets.

That means at my store, yes, Spore is B2G1. No, I won't tell you where I work. I will say, though, that if you put up enough of a fuss, they will probably accommodate you.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gah, they pushed back Socom to the 17th, NHL is out of stock online, and Saints Row 2 hasn't been updated to available yet, so my diabolical plan is falling through.

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, the TRU website lists Dead Space as a 10/20 ship date. If that's true, then fuck them. I'll just go buy it from someone else and save myself the trouble of digging through their selection of leftovers to find other games I don't already own and might want.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg