As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beating Websense: Personal Home Proxy?

ED!ED! Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Basically I'm trying to surf the web at work. Yes I should be working, but there are loads of time where there is no work. So what I need is IDIOT PROOF steps on how to create some kind of home webpage that will act as a proxy for me to get into to use the internet Websense free.

I know there are tutorials out there already, but all of it is greek to me. If someone could point me to, or tell me how to set this up I would be incredibly grateful. I currently have a Tripod account, so it would have to be something that could upload to that.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
ED! on

• Options
    Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If accessing external websites while at work is against your company's policies, then nobody here is going to provide you with step-by-step directions on how to break the rules and get yourself fired.

Have you tried telling your supervisors "Hey, I have four hours per day during which I'm doing sweet fuckall"? Have they, in turn, thrown up their hands and said "Well golly gee shucks, Ed, we just can't find a single blessed extra task for you to take on, I guess you'll just have to sit on your hands until something pops up!"? I doubt it.

If you're bored at work, you have plenty of options that *don't* involve deliberately circumventing your employer's rules. For example, you could ask for additional responsibilities, which may even lead to a raise! You could take some initiative and do extra things yourself without being told to, which may lead to your bosses noticing and being impressed with you! Or, if you happen to have the sort of job that really *does* have significant amounts of downtime that just cannot be filled with any other productive activities, at least do something that *isn't* against the rules: bring in a book, or even a DS/PSP. And if your boss happens to catch you playing Kirby Canvas Curse and boots your ass out, well, at least you will have learned a valuable difference about the difference between fucking around on your own time and being paid to work.

Kate of Lokys on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    We don't allow these kinds of threads.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.