As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND: We don't have "Jessie's Girl" ...yet

1555657585961»

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Omeks wrote: »
    Dear god, nearly two minutes of random wailing on drums.

The snare drum sounds like corn popping.

Whats worse, you seem to get points for it?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Allowing drummers to drum whenever there's no actual drum track is cool, and if they're obnoxious about it I'm sure their friends will tell 'em to knock it off. But, if you get points for that, then it's just freaking silly and dumb.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just want to say that I was in Wal-Mart today, and saw this and Guitar Hero on the shelf with $189 price tags.

Man, what. That's a fucking 360 right there.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yea i agree maxiumumzero rock band is a fun game

Feels Good Man on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    Worse than that. When there aren't any drums, you get to wail randomly. Check out why this can go horribly wrong at 3:47:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDXCY3q4eo0

Oh god, there's a freestyle section for the vocals to. It actually ruins the song.

I call for the drummer to bang randomly on the drums while the singer sings 'Timmah!' at ear-splitting volume. If you're going to ruin the song for pointless score-whoring, might as well do it with GUSTO.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sniff

Oh great
    Now I feel bad
    Thanks a bunch Tog

glithert on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Before this game, I had always thought TOOL was an incredibly heavy heavy metal band. That name made me think that I guess.

But now that I've listened to some of their stuff, I just find it boring.

Oh dear god yes
    Tool makes me drowsy
    Somewhere, Togfather's heart is exploding into a million pieces.

I like Tool, but I'm not the biggest fan. They're the kind of band I like to listen to, but when a song comes on, I regularly can't recall the name save for a few songs (Vicarious, The Pot, Forty-Six and Two, Schism).
    Pretty much what Omeks said. They're okay. I haven't listened to much past Ænima, so I'm not a huge fan. But I like the bombastic nature of their sound so I might pick up some DLC by them.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just want to say that I was in Wal-Mart today, and saw this and Guitar Hero on the shelf with $189 price tags.

Man, what. That's a fucking 360 right there.

An Arcade is not a real 360. It's a 340, at best.

DarkPrimus on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of which, how painful is it to upgrade my 20 gig 360 to a 120 gig HD?

Does it cause content-license issues? Is there an easy way to transfer data across?

I'm down to 3 - 4 gigs on my 20 gig hard drive, and with DLC coming out the whazzoo for both games, I don't expect that to last very long.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited October 2008
    Don't they just include a one time only transfer cable in the box?

glithert on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Does it cause content-license issues? Is there an easy way to transfer data across?

I'm down to 3 - 4 gigs on my 20 gig hard drive, and with DLC coming out the whazzoo for both games, I don't expect that to last very long.

The 120GB HDD comes with a transfer cable that will allow you to copy all your data over to the new HDD. It will not cause any DRM issues since your content is tied to the console serial, not the HDD's.

Atlus Parker on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sniff

Oh great
    Now I feel bad
    Thanks a bunch Tog

Clearly revenge is warranted.
    Sammy Hagar has the talent of a baked potato.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sniff

Oh great
    Now I feel bad
    Thanks a bunch Tog

Uh...

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2008

The 120GB HDD comes with a transfer cable that will allow you to copy all your data over to the new HDD. It will not cause any DRM issues since your content is tied to the console serial, not the HDD's.

Oh, sweet.

I'll probably grab one then.

If only they weren't so damn overpriced.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited October 2008
    sniff

Oh great
    Now I feel bad
    Thanks a bunch Tog

That's not really fair to the baked potato.
    Jesus, you people think I like Sammy Hagar?!

glithert on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Oh, sweet.

eBay, my man. Live cashback makes it a reasonable price.

Also, I can't stop laughing at how people are calling IGN biased for comparing World Tour to Rock Band. Come on, guys. They are different games.

Shady3011 on
    edited October 2008
    sniff

Oh great
    Now I feel bad
    Thanks a bunch Tog

That's not really fair to the baked potato.
    Jesus, you people think I like Sammy Hagar?!

I thought we were all playing along.

I mean nobody in their right mind would like Sammy Hagar. Not even...Sammy Hagar.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
    edited October 2008

Oh, sweet.

Actually, here's a stupid question. Is the content on my 20 gig deleted after I transfer to the 120 gig drive?

I kind of want a guinea pig HD to take apart and try to extract content from, and I'd rather not do it on my main (expensive) drive.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Oh, sweet.

Actually, here's a stupid question. Is the content on my 20 gig deleted after I transfer to the 120 gig drive?

I kind of want a guinea pig HD to take apart and try to extract content from, and I'd rather not do it on my main (expensive) drive.

All the content on the old HDD is deleted. It's how they get around the fact that some saves aren't allowed to be copied.

Atlus Parker on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so how is the AC/DC thing going to work? I didn't see any information in the OP.. I guess we will be able to play it on the original disk with purchase of the thing?..

well I found this on the internet so hopefully this is how it works

"AC/DC Live will feature 18 tracks -- the entire set list of the band's 1991 Live at Donington show, which included Aussie rock standards like "Back in Black," "Highway to Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long." All tracks in the game will be exportable to the Xbox 360's or PS3's hard drive, so you can play them in Rock Band 2 without swapping discs."

troublebrewing on
    edited October 2008
    so how is the AC/DC thing going to work? I didn't see any information in the OP.. I guess we will be able to play it on the original disk with purchase of the thing?..

well I found this on the internet so hopefully this is how it works

"AC/DC Live will feature 18 tracks -- the entire set list of the band's 1991 Live at Donington show, which included Aussie rock standards like "Back in Black," "Highway to Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long." All tracks in the game will be exportable to the Xbox 360's or PS3's hard drive, so you can play them in Rock Band 2 without swapping discs."

One time only export code

glithert on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I kind of want Highway to Hell, but outside of that I don't like AC/DC enough to buy the whole disc.

Hopefully they'll put the tracks up as DLC when sales of the disc start to decline.

Speed Racer on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh yeah, I should put something about AC/DC in the OP.

Totally forgot.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited October 2008
    Man I kind of want Highway to Hell, but outside of that I don't like AC/DC enough to buy the whole disc.

Hopefully they'll put the tracks up as DLC when sales of the disc start to decline.

Yeah, I really want Shoot to Thrill, Back in Black, and Highway to Hell but hell if I want to be forced to buy much else beyond that.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I should put something about AC/DC in the OP.

Totally forgot.

Cool thanks, your OP rocks as usual

troublebrewing on
    edited October 2008
    At this rate, I'll have to make an OP with nothing but links.

Speaking of which its about to make another thread.

Arikado on
    edited October 2008
    Maybe change some of the info for the Wii DLC situation. At least in regards to RB2.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2008
    Good idea.

I'll have the new and improved thread set in a bit ready to be tarnished by everyone's horrible musical tastes because I have the best taste and everyone should know about it.

Thread #13?

Arikado on