As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Camera

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I'm doing some shopping for my first apartment, and since I'm blowing a 20% off entire-day-of-shopping coupon at Target, I thought I might pick up my first digital camera. While my Dare's 3.2 megapixel is nice for, you know, cell-phone pictures, I need a real one.

What kind of camera should I get that's under or around $200? I'd actually be happier if there's one closer to $120 or $150 that's worth buying.

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Canon powershots get a lot of praise, and clearance models can get pretty cheap.

From experience, entry level Kodaks boast huge megapixels and are super-cheap, but they're very slow in taking and processing pictures which results in blurring.

Alpine on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How much do I have to spend on a camera for it to be able to take photographs with very little delay?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here are the places to go for reviews:

www.dpreview.com
    www.megapixel.net

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg