As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That Deadpool thing is great.

It reminds me of those costumes where one person is the horse's ass, and one is it's head.

Mr Pink on
  • ShockerToysShockerToys Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's finally going to happen *sniffles*!

"Shocker Toys gears up to ship its first fully articulated action figure line Indie Spotlight. The line consists of Scud, ShadowHawk, Kabuki, Katchoo, (Mega Figure) The Maxx, Scud Variant 'SOL' and ShadowHawk Variant. Each figure comes with extra hands, accessories, comic or poster and Isz from the Maxx world. Collect them all to mail away for The Maxx's enemy Mr. Gone. Each figure is now available at the Shocker Toys Store for pre-order! http://www.shockertoys.com/store.php"

I will be able to purchase my very own SCUD toy =)

Scudsmall.jpg

Finished packaged pics shipping to pre-orders in March and stores in April
    http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2959&start=0

Fan site with some great Toy Fair Indie Spotlight pictures
    http://www.indiespotlightnews.com/

ShockerToys on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That looks awesome!

DouglasDanger on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, registering just to pimp out your toys? We must be a target market, guys!

Wildcat on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well that Maxx certainly looks tempting. Dunno if I can scrounge up enough dough for it however.

Schide on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i want that scud action figure so bad

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Are there actual Shadowhawk fans out there? I've never met one. Does Jim Valentino's mom like Shadowhawk?

DMAC on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    Are there actual Shadowhawk fans out there? I've never met one. Does Jim Valentino's mom like Shadowhawk?

I used to be a fan when it came out and I was about 12. There was just something appealing about a hero that broke villains' necks and left them paralyzed. I thought the costume looked neat too. I only stuck around though for the first mini-series so it must not have left much of an impression.:lol:

Worsel96 on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The faces on the Kabuki and Katchoo figures look great. I might have to pick those up. Scud too, even though I know nothing about him. :)

Worsel96 on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone seen DC Universe wave 7 (Captain Cold, Flash, Kid Flash) in stores yet?

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Time to post some pics of some of my newest editions wee.
    Sorry for the shoddy iPhone pics girlfriend ran down the good cameras batteries =(

1st up: My Local comic shop < Austin Books > had these on sale for 6 bucks!,
    IMG_0060.jpg

This was also on sale for under 15 bucks!,
    IMG_0058.jpg

Next up some Goon Action!,
    IMG_0059.jpg

And finally, Awww shes soo cute!!
    IMG_0062.jpg

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That Usagi is pretty F'ing awesome.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited February 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    That Usagi is pretty F'ing awesome.

It really is especially for being like 15 bucks, I giggled like a school girl when I saw it and the sticker price. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pic, but it is also gigantic.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I've got the Usagi figure as well. It is fairly tall.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The comic book version Deadpool (or as I call him, the REAL version) from the Wolverine movie line is neat. He's GI Joe-sized like all the Marvel lines are gonna be now - which is a plus/minus according to your individual needs. However, the paint apps on him are great, the only thing not super-crisp are the eyes on his belt buckle and they're so small that's forgivable - his articulation is pretty good, though not perfect, and he comes with a butt-load of weapons - two katanas - which can be stored in sheathes on his back, a pistol - also with holster, an AK-47 and a big honkin' sai.

He's going to be the hardest figure to get from the line though, no doubt, so start looking for him NOW if you want him.

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the CAPS, Primus, I wouldn't have seen what you said OTHERWISE.

So, Marvel's Toyfair video. I'm stoked about the 3.75" line, it is long overdue. However, I wish the art style and articulation were more in line with their modern G.I. Joe line.

Also on the video is a 6" Tarantula. My all time favorite villain, It might be the first toy I buy in what's probably been years.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The comic book version Deadpool (or as I call him, the REAL version) from the Wolverine movie line is neat. He's GI Joe-sized like all the Marvel lines are gonna be now - which is a plus/minus according to your individual needs. However, the paint apps on him are great, the only thing not super-crisp are the eyes on his belt buckle and they're so small that's forgivable - his articulation is pretty good, though not perfect, and he comes with a butt-load of weapons - two katanas - which can be stored in sheathes on his back, a pistol - also with holster, an AK-47 and a big honkin' sai.

He's going to be the hardest figure to get from the line though, no doubt, so start looking for him NOW if you want him.

Don't hype shit up or anything, Primus...

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    You don't have to tell me twice. I've already been to two different TRUs looking for Deadpool but neither of them had any of the Wolverine Origins comic series toys yet.

But I don't really care for the 3-3/4" scale figures so Deadpool is the only one I want. I just hope they don't completely get rid of Legends scale toys because I like that scale a lot better. Supposedly they are going to show some new Legends stuff at SDCC so we'll see then.

And maybe we'll even get that ML Nemesis wave out sometime ever too.

Schide on
    edited February 2009
    Superhero Squad Deathlok!

DouglasDanger on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So what's the best place to buy myself a mighty mugg? (spidey). i'm going to NYC soon and i don't want to leave the city without one of those! Do they only have them in comic book stores?

The_Glad_Hatter on
    edited February 2009
    So what's the best place to buy myself a mighty mugg? (spidey). i'm going to NYC soon and i don't want to leave the city without one of those! Do they only have them in comic book stores?

I've seen Mighty Muggs of all types at Wal-Mart and KMart and toy stores. I don't think my local comic shop has any mighty muggs at all to be honest.

DouglasDanger on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I've seen Mighty Muggs of all types at Wal-Mart and KMart and toy stores. I don't think my local comic shop has any mighty muggs at all to be honest.

aight, i'll be sure to hit up toys 'r us!

The_Glad_Hatter on
    edited February 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    Don't hype shit up or anything, Primus...

Well him being $8.50 is kind of a minus...

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I just saw the 3.75" figures in person, and the sculpts and paint-jobs were atrocious, like dollar store toy bad.

I saw Weapon X, brown-suit Wolverine, and Maverick.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited February 2009
    Hasbro's quality control has really declined in recent years, paint jobs on figures in general are a crapshoot. At least with figures like the Wolverine line you can inspect them in-package - when I'm buying a Transformer I don't know if the eyes are painted correctly until I open it.

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    edited February 2009
    It sucks twice as bad because I carried the Wolverine figure over to the G.I. Joe line to compare, and the Joe figures looked ten times better.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hasbro's quality control has really declined in recent years, paint jobs on figures in general are a crapshoot. At least with figures like the Wolverine line you can inspect them in-package - when I'm buying a Transformer I don't know if the eyes are painted correctly until I open it.

Oh god, I've had to exchange so many Classics and movie toys because of robot-mode paint jobs. It's a shame, since I make sure to get the best-looking vehicle mode if I can. I've had great luck with the Animated ones, though.

And the official release date of the Wolverine toys is March 1st. A few stores have broken street date in my area, but it's just with the Wolverine-cycle and the cartoon-y GIANT Wolverine.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Marvel Legends (mostly) shelf! Since I already took the picture for something else, why not post it here.
    MLshelf.jpg

Schide on
    edited February 2009
    Is that DCU Captain Marvel?

I want that fucker so badly, but he's the only one of that wave I can't find. Maybe I'll have better luck with the "greatest heroes" wave they're releasing.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that's DCU Captain Marvel. I was lucky enough to find one among the only DCU figures I've ever seen at a Wal-Mart. Pretty nice figure, although his one eyebrow wasn't painted fully. I also got Ares at a Target that day. Ares looks cool but has pretty crappy articulation, mainly because his armor restricts most of his movement. That was also the day i found a bunch of Marvel Legends at the Target for $2.50 each.

Anyway, it seems wave 7a of DCU Classics are being released, so that means that soonish I'll have to start looking for wave 7b, which is the one that has Booster and Beetle. I hope I can find those damn things.

Schide on
    edited February 2009
    I found Captain Cold yesterday, but no one else of that wave. (he kind of sucks :() What is 7a and 7b? Are they releasing the wave in 2 phases?

and I got the re-release of Hal too.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited February 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    I found Captain Cold yesterday, but no one else of that wave. (he kind of sucks :() What is 7a and 7b? Are they releasing the wave in 2 phases?

and I got the re-release of Hal too.

Yeah, as far as anyone who's actually seen them in stores can tell. And if you go to online stores they'll have them as grouping you can order. I think 7a is like Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold and Big Barda. Then 7b is booster Gold, Blue Beetle...and, uh, the other ones? I forget. Whoever else is in the wave.

Schide on
    edited February 2009
    That means I missed out on Flash. Dang

I hope I can at least find BB and BG. I've been wanting those guys for a whiiiiiile now.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Got Fury Files Iron Man today. I really like him. Probably one of my favorite toys right now. He's a little pricey for the size, but the sculpt and paintjob are well worth it. If only the Hasbro Legends were this nice...

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • The Articulated OneThe Articulated One Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    Seems like the conversation has turned to Marvel Universe, and I've got quite a few figures to start reviewing, so I thought I would make a post to collect all my reviews. I'll be posting in this thread as I complete them, so if you want to check back and see what's new it'll be easy for you.

You can find all of the reviews, with newest ones at the top, right here.

The Articulated One on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Schide, if I had that shelf I would live in terror of bumping into it one day.

Mr Pink on
    edited March 2009
    My newest addition =)
    IMG_0061.jpg

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2009
    Nah, it's actually a dresser so it's pretty solid. I have most of them balanced decently so even if I punched it until my fists were bloody I doubt more than a few of the less stable ones would topple.

I did find a Wolverine Origins Comic Deadpool though. He is now riding the shoulders of ML Deadpool who is still riding on Foom. Although now I kinda wish there was a 12" Deadpool so I could have ML Deadpool sit on his shoulders. Then it would be like some sort of wacky Deadpool misadventure.

And I would also love those Megas figures, Antimatter, but yeah, not for $45 total.

Schide on
  • The Articulated OneThe Articulated One Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    I've just completed another review over at Articulated Discussion.

You can read all about the Hulk here, or check out all my Marvel Universe reviews here.

The Articulated One on
This discussion has been closed.