Options

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, if Sinestro had a Snidely Whiplash voice in that new Green Lantern animated movie that would be so great.

Schide on
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I like Sinestro because he's got silent movie villain mustache. Gonna tie you to some railroad tracks, Green Lantern!

*rubs hands together and cackles*

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought that Uni Formz was DC's answer to Mighty Muggs. Would you rather have that Blammo garbage, or this:

122487939198067300.jpg

Huge fist Batman wins!

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Both the Blammoz and the Uni Formz look like they're about a decade late. Both look right up the Tool/Korn/ICP-fan crowd.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I much prefer the big fist batman, but I love my Mighty Muggs more <3<3

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The uni formz batman actually isn't horrible, though the rest of the line isn't up my alley. The fists are a little too big, but the thing as a whole has a kind of dark knight returns thing going on that isn't half bad.

Though I agree, the mighty muggs really were pretty great. It's a shame they stopped making them.

werehippy on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    Skull Kid get! I must know where to purchase and at what price!

What is it with people talking like that?

DC Blammoids what in the hell?

I think I like these more than Mighty Muggs, actually.

8-)

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    werehippy wrote: »
    The uni formz batman actually isn't horrible, though the rest of the line isn't up my alley. The fists are a little too big, but the thing as a whole has a kind of dark knight returns thing going on that isn't half bad.

Though I agree, the mighty muggs really were pretty great. It's a shame they stopped making them.

When did they stop making them? There are a few due to come out this summer, and a Capcom line starting up as well.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A couple of months ago a wave of TF Muggs were cancelled.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    edited May 2009

When did they stop making them? There are a few due to come out this summer, and a Capcom line starting up as well.

There are four still coming, Cloth Mask Spidey, Green Goblin, Ice Man and Magneto... after that I'm not sure. I've heard they were cancelling the Marvel line, but I don't know if it's ever been confirmed.

I think the Transformer and Indiana Jones Muggs died pretty quickly, not sure how the GI Joe ones are going.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Virral wrote: »

There are four still coming, Cloth Mask Spidey, Green Goblin, Ice Man and Magneto... after that I'm not sure. I've heard they were cancelling the Marvel line, but I don't know if it's ever been confirmed.

I think the Transformer and Indiana Jones Muggs died pretty quickly, not sure how the GI Joe ones are going.

Really? I could have sworn that the Marvel line got axed at roughly the same time, according to an investor press packet someone was reading. I'd definitely like to be wrong though, since the line still has a ton of territory it could cover before running out of good stuff.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yup, really...

Marvel+Mighty+Muggs+-+Unmasked+Spider-Man+with+a+Removable+Cloth+Spider-Man+Mask+and+the+Green+Goblin.jpg

Target+Exclusive+Marvel+Mighty+Muggs+-+Iceman+and+Magneto+Mighty+Muggs.jpg

Also Hasbro mentioned a Deadpool mugg coming at the end of the year, and the SDCC exclusive in 2009 is a movie version wolverine with retractable claws.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nice. I stand happily corrected, and might actually pick up the spider-man and magneto ones.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Spider-Man with removable mask is pretty sweet.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Today, I finally got my hands on the Medicom 1/6 Batman (Original Suit). Medicom's first 1/6 Batman was not very good, but this is the new version released for The Dark Knight, and is so awesome.

My crappy quality picture can't do it justice, you have to see this thing... more pictures may come later if I can get decent ones.

100_1988.jpg

The utility belt looks crooked because I nudged it just a bit out of alignment and didn't notice until later.

That one's alright...Hot Toys' Begins suit from their Dark Knight line is fucking amazing though, and blows Medicom's all to hell.

However, Medicom obliterated Hot Toys' Dark Knight suit offering. I got mine in a couple weeks back.

yarr2.jpg
    yarr3.jpg

cr0w on
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, that's the first good look I've gotten at Medicom's Dark Knight suit.

I must make it mine.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It really is fantastic. The cape has a wire in it, so you can pose it however you want. I did modify it a bit, though...I took the belt off of Hot Toys' Dark Knight suit Bats and put it on the Medi one, and I repainted the exposed part of his face. It looked pretty toy-like with the standard paint job.

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cr0w, which company's Joker is that to the left of the Dark Knight suit Batman?

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hot Toys. That's their version 1 Joker body/suit with the alternate head sculpt that came with their Bank Robber version Joker. The version 1 head was garbage. I ended up getting a 2nd Bank Robber Joker for free, so I painted one head up real clean, like he'd just applied his makeup, which is on the purple-suited one, and I painted the other real messy and smeared, which is on the Bank Robber version next to him.

They, of course, have a new version coming out this Summer/Fall.

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cr0w wrote: »
    Hot Toys. That's their version 1 Joker body/suit with the alternate head sculpt that came with their Bank Robber version Joker. The version 1 head was garbage. I ended up getting a 2nd Bank Robber Joker for free, so I painted one head up real clean, like he'd just applied his makeup, which is on the purple-suited one, and I painted the other real messy and smeared, which is on the Bank Robber version next to him.

They, of course, have a new version coming out this Summer/Fall.

I've yet to see a 1/6 Joker that I liked (that didn't have the face repainted)... maybe the one coming out this summer will be decent.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The DX one coming out this year is really well done. HT's other 1/6 Jokers are decent, but you have to buy both to actually put together a good Joker figure. Hell, I had to modify their Begins suit Batman with a cape from Takara's offering from Batman Begins and do some cutting and gluing to make him movie-accurate with a halfway decent cape. It's pretty maddening when you buy something so expensive that you have to modify to make accurate.

I think my Jokers turned out well, though.

jokah1.jpg
    jokah6.jpg

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Those Joker heads are excellent cr0w.

This might fall into the realm of a stupid question, but I'm a little paranoid about wrecking my Medicom Batman's suit... if I pose him with arms bent like this, am I going to damage the suit? It flexes the upper chest rubber and the undersuit a little bit...

MEDRAH440.jpg

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You want your Batman in the classic "Check out this package" pose?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Who doesn't?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Eleven: You shouldn't harm the suit...I've seen much more extreme poses do little to no damage.

cr0w on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone have a scan of Captain Marvel saying "I'll show you eternity!" while in that pose? If not, I'll go scan it myself. fucking priceless, it is.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Virral wrote: »
    You want your Batman in the classic "Check out this package" pose?

Yeah, I need to angle his hips out a little farther though. :P

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    We believe in you!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    My current Marvel Legends (mostly) collection.

ML5-20-09.jpg

Schide on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Why is Xavier wearing the Cerebro/bra helmet?

Lilithium on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Because it came with the figure?

Schide on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You should have DD turned the other way around like in Mini Marvels :)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sweet collection. Do you actually have them all on display like that, though, or did you just put them all in one place for the picture? Seems like it'd be pretty easy for them to fall over or fall off the dresser altogether.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    You should have DD turned the other way around like in Mini Marvels :)

I'm familiar with Mini Marvels but I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to. But if you can get me a pic or something of the pose then I'd love to try to get him into a better position, because as it is that's near the best I can do because that particular figure has dirt poor articulation.
    Sweet collection. Do you actually have them all on display like that, though, or did you just put them all in one place for the picture? Seems like it'd be pretty easy for them to fall over or fall off the dresser altogether.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's pretty much where I display them all. It's either there or in boxes in the closet or something because I have exactly zero other shelf space. They're generally pretty stable though, I've had a few figures near the front fall a couple times, but it wasn't that bad or anything since I have a drawer open a bit below so they just fall like a foot. But I recently rearranged everything and tried to make them all as stable as possible.

Poor Doop however didn't get to be in the picture because he had fallen and I didn't notice until after I posted. So I just put him in the top drawer with some various accessories because he really doesn't stay up.

I also put my DCU figures on another much smaller shelf, but I'm not going to bother taking a picture of them until I get a few more.

Schide on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It was in a WWH mini marvels spoof, where all the heroes are sitting down listening to Hulk saying he's going to beat them up. Basically DD is in the back corner looking the other way because he can't see. It was a clever joke.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    They also did it in their Civil War spoof.
    1225200520295.jpg

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hahaha... He's blind!

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That reaction would be justified if it was the punchline of the story as opposed to a throw away gag in the corner.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm pretty sure we're still awful people for finding it hilarious.

Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.