As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    HTS has wave 2 Combiner Wars stuff up for order. Unfortunately G1 version Leader Megatron is out of stock right now but the Armada version is up. Use code family2015 for 20% off and free shipping on any order.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    5Jnx3kS.png

When will HLJ open the pre-orders already?!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Want.

8aVThp6.png
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Picked up the CW G1 Megatron this past weekend...man, Hasbro is fucking killing it with the CW line. This might be the best Megatron figure I've ever gotten.

• 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    That's the first opinion like that I've heard about CW Megatron, and to a lesser extent CW in general.

My opinion may be slightly skewed due to the fact that I feel like I wasted a couple of Christmases on Uranos and M3 when I could have gotten some serviceable versions of the same things for deluxe/voyager retail prices plus the MMC hand/foot addons.

But hey, looks like I'll be getting a Defensor out of the deal. (And a LSOTW Pyro from that Hot Spot mold, if they're smart.)

8aVThp6.png
    I don't do third party stuff, the prices are just way too high for me. My only point of reference is the official stuff so I'm probably more easily impressed. Megatron is really well done, though.

I just, like. They went for an IDW look, which I like, but they went the wrong way and went Infiltration-era Megatron, which I really don't. Mostly in the cannon. Less so, but not completely not so, in the backpack.

If I could get up off my lazy ass and take some pictures, I'd be selling an Orion and a Steel Core with trailer and extra chest guy to make some money for Apollyon if he doesn't suck.

8aVThp6.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Anyone doing that Mythic Legions kickstarter, by the same dudes that did the Ravens/bird people

Pretty cool fantasy character stuff, might snag a skeleton and barbarian

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    After looking again at pics of the CW Denfensor, I really think it would have been better if Hot Spot's hips were completely hidden. Like, they could have made the front half of the truck longer so the thighs and hips tuck in completely.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Man I haven't even seen the first wave CW stuff in my local stores yet.

Nobody wrote: »
    Try checking the sightings thread on forums like TFW2005.

Takara is releasing the entire Superion set later this year, but it might be a little more expensive depending on what region and online store you're buying from.

As an Australian, ordering the Takara set from HLJ is better value than a US store or waiting for the Hasbro release locally because it's either cheaper or the same price, and also has Slingshot instead of Alpha Bravo.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

Takara is releasing the entire Superion set later this year, but it might be a little more expensive depending on what region and online store you're buying from.

As an Australian, ordering the Takara set from HLJ is better value than a US store or waiting for the Hasbro release locally because it's either cheaper or the same price, and also has Slingshot instead of Alpha Bravo.

But Alpha Bravo is cooler than Slingshot.

Alpha Bravo may look cool, but I don't know a damn thing about him, while Slingshot has an established character. Plus, y'know, he's a jet.

P2n5r3l.jpg

I'll take a look. I know I can get them from Amazon, it's just weird that TRU and Target are still carrying the 4th movie toys

143999 wrote: »
    I just, like. They went for an IDW look, which I like, but they went the wrong way and went Infiltration-era Megatron, which I really don't. Mostly in the cannon. Less so, but not completely not so, in the backpack.

If I could get up off my lazy ass and take some pictures, I'd be selling an Orion and a Steel Core with trailer and extra chest guy to make some money for Apollyon if he doesn't suck.

See, I don't follow the comics or anything, strictly toys only, so none of that means anything to me. I just see a cool, G1-looking Megatron and the six year old me takes over.

edited March 2015
    How can you stand the cannon, then? I see that thing and I'm just like, ugh, nope, wrong. Brings me right out of the reverie.

EDIT: That probably sounds like I'm trying to harsh your buzz, but I'm not. I really want to like it, so much so that I want someone to convince me to like it. Tell me it'll be okay?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    I just don't really care, I guess? I don't mean to sound flippant or anything, but the only thing I could conceivably be bothered by with the cannon would be the thinner end being the business end, so I can just rotate the cannon around to match his G1 counterpart. It throws the symmetry of the figure off a little, but it looks fine. I guess it could be a little bigger overall.

I dunno, I never had G1 Megs as a kid, and I've just had to deal with MP-05 for years, so a good, solid G1 style Megatron is something I'm happy to get. It's nowhere close to what you'd get from a 3rd party company, of course, but for something I can pick up for $45 at Wal-Mart it's a hell of a lot better than what I've gotten previously.

I should also add that I only ever buy Prime and Megatron (and that upcoming Devastator), so I'm not really someone you'd expect to be highly critical of the figures.

edited March 2015
    MP-25 Tracks is up on HLJ for anyone interested

Getting real nervous about figma Kancolle Nagato being delayed a third time. If she doesn't get released this month then I'll have to ship my Little Armory guns by themselves, and considering how light they it wouldn't be worth the shipping cost. I'll probably have to either use SAL or buy another item to ship them with if she gets delayed to next month. :(

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Alpha Bravo may look cool, but I don't know a damn thing about him, while Slingshot has an established character. Plus, y'know, he's a jet.

Slingshot is the same jet as one of the other Aerielbots. Like, identical.

Also, he's an established character... as a dick who gets killed a lot. Alpha Bravo might be cool. Slingshot is confirmed as not.

edited March 2015
    I'm not saying Slingshot is a cool character, just that I don't know Alpha Bravo's character. At all.

I don't remember Alpha Bravo at all from the the RID, MTMTE and Windblade trades I've read. I'll have to recheck, but the last time I saw the any of the Aerialbots at all was when they were being treated for the damage they sustained in Dark Cybertron.

Anyway, Amiami has new, larger pics of MP-25 Tracks

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Alpha Bravo doesn't exist. He was in one panel of RID that they shoehorned in there to explain why AB will be a leg and Powerglide will be a gun, and as far as I know, that's it. It's silly, but that's how they're doing it to get a Blades/Vortex mold out of the deal.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    Update: at the target near work they had a single hook with 2 of the aerialbots and 2 of one of the stunticons

• WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Finally got round to messing with the Assault Kingdom Neo Zeong I'd gotten two weeks ago.
    IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5726.JPG
    IMG_5734.JPG
    IMG_5723.JPG

Weisskaiser on
    Update: at the target near work they had a single hook with 2 of the aerialbots and 2 of one of the stunticons
    Yeah the Combiner Wars figures have arrived in Australia as well. I was tempted to get Alpha Bravo, but I'm already spending too much on toys this year with all my pre-orders.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    All these Warbotron figures look great, but like, I can't spend $500 on a combiner. I just can't justify it at this point in my life. I really wish I could, though.

Also, a third-party combiner in which the elbow joints aren't re-purposed hip joints with resulting forearm/legs-of-component-robot gaps, a third-party combiner in which the elbow joints aren't re-purposed hip joints with resulting forearm/legs-of-component-robot gaps, my kingdom for a third-party combiner in which the elbow joints aren't re-purposed hip joints with resulting forearm/legs-of-component-robot gaps.

Nice, HLJ got in both MP Star Saber and Exhaust today. I shipped Star Saber right away, via slow mail because I'm cheap, and kept Exhaust in the warehouse for now. Can't wait to get him, Star Saber looks really awesome. Plus he has tabs for Victory Leo!

edited March 2015
    Bought CW Legends Thundercracker on sale today.

Cool little figure with the only negative being no head articulation.

Anyway, now that I own a pretty good Thundercracker figure I no longer feel the urge to the upcoming leader class remold of Jetfire. Plus that figure doesn't come with painted stripes on the underside of the wings for Robot mode, and would be more difficult to get 3rd party fill-in parts because it's going to use pearl/metallic grey plastic.

EDIT: Yay! My MP Star Saber I pre-ordered and paid for last year shipped today!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Quick, Leader Megatron is up for order right now on HTS and code family2015 is still active for the last day so get him if you want him. Might not ship for a month but with the code you get 20% off and free shipping so it's worth it.

Somebody needs to buy my Steel Core set off eBay so I can get a guilt-free Apollyon.

Or maybe a Chigurh? I dunno.

8aVThp6.png
    edited March 2015
    http://tf-prototype.com/blog/2015/01/26/maketoys-manga-mech-series-mm-02-idw-tailgate/

Has this been posted yet? I've been wanting a good IDW Tailgate for a while now and this looks damn good. Plus it'll go great with my Maketoys Swerve :biggrin:

EDIT: So my MP Star Saber arrived today and it's really cool. Nice, big, good articulation, with a neat Russian doll-like gimmick.

It's not without it's flaws though. The Brain of Courage is a brick, Saber doesn't have proper outward hip movement, and the large sword hilt can only be held facing forward. The large blade is compatible with the small hilt, however, so if you really want the blade facing the right way you can use that.

Another problem with my Star Saber is the left elbow is pretty loose, meaning the arm has trouble holding the shield. Also the silver paint on SS's face looks a bit grainy.

Also also, he feels a lot more like a toy than a collectors piece, compared to Ultra Magnus, Soundwave or Optimus. This is partially because of the lack of paint, as well as the general colour scheme.

Other than that I still really like the figure.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Heads up everyone, don't miss out on preordering a 1:1 scale Ultraman figure

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/item-1000097103/

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Sold my Steel Core, so Apollyon is a go.

Don't suppose anyone on here wants a slightly less than perfect Orion for cost?

8aVThp6.png
    http://tf-prototype.com/blog/2015/01/26/maketoys-manga-mech-series-mm-02-idw-tailgate/

Has this been posted yet? I've been wanting a good IDW Tailgate for a while now and this looks damn good. Plus it'll go great with my Maketoys Swerve :biggrin:

EDIT: So my MP Star Saber arrived today and it's really cool. Nice, big, good articulation, with a neat Russian doll-like gimmick.

It's not without it's flaws though. The Brain of Courage is a brick, Saber doesn't have proper outward hip movement, and the large sword hilt can only be held facing forward. The large blade is compatible with the small hilt, however, so if you really want the blade facing the right way you can use that.

Another problem with my Star Saber is the left elbow is pretty loose, meaning the arm has trouble holding the shield. Also the silver paint on SS's face looks a bit grainy.

Also also, he feels a lot more like a toy than a collectors piece, compared to Ultra Magnus, Soundwave or Optimus. This is partially because of the lack of paint, as well as the general colour scheme.

Other than that I still really like the figure.

Oh hey, check out this post to do a simple fix to make the left elbow actually work properly.

I opened up mine the other day, and he's pretty cool. Some small issues like the ones you mentioned, and also that saber is kind of difficult to fit in in robot mode and even harder to get out. But still really cool.

Also got in and opened G1 leader Megatron. Very nice, although the shoulder are a bit shrimpy with the way they're designed. Otherwise pretty solid. Doesn't look quite enough like the MTMTE design to use the extra stickers though.

Also also got all the menasor figures, but I haven't opened them yet. Will have to wait til the weekend.

Oh cool I'll need to look for a bit of plastic sometime. Thanks

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I just recently learned that there's a similar fix for Uranos' hips.

Standing, glorious standing!

8aVThp6.png
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular

Sorry but if you want to stick a bit of plastic in Uranus your on your own.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »

Sorry but if you want to stick a bit of plastic in Uranus your on your own.

I don't know, I'm sure that if you looked hard enough you'd find whole hordes of people willing to help you insert plastic bits into Uranus.

edited April 2015
    Found a TRU with all of the wave 1 combiners war stuff, so grabbed Silverbolt and both of the aerialbots that were not named Alpha Bravo. Figure I'll grab him, Powerglide, and the wave 2 guy when that wave hits.

Nobody on
    I don't know which Arcee I like more, Hasbro or Takara

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.