Options

Realms On: Looking for more players.

• Options
    urbmanurbman Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ok i think we have enough players , but everyone has until tomorrow to submit a player if they wish to play.

We might have enough people to do my sweet plan of two parties in the same story doing different things but that are related to one another.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MadJackMadJack Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    you mean Affermative Dwarftion... damn martin uther king of the IronForge keep messed it all up for decent human folks like ourselves. we need to cleanse the realm of all inferior base races. just remeber every day you dont level its because some dirty halfing stole your XP!

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    MadJack wrote:
    wow its the all human party... sweet

If PipTheFair is still in, we'll also have one dwarf, meeting our Affirmitave Action quota for the campaign ;)
    I couldn't get my hands on a Forgotten Realms book, so sorry duders. If I can find one later I'll see if I can get in.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I posted everyones character sheets on the front page so everyone can take a look at each other.

I tested the links; just tell me if the names dont match ill fix em lol.

Tomorrow night around 8ish EST I will start the campaign. Should I make the thread here or move it to a private forum?

But be ready for this.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    urbman wrote:
    I posted everyones character sheets on the front page so everyone can take a look at each other.

I tested the links; just tell me if the names dont match ill fix em lol.

Tomorrow night around 8ish EST I will start the campaign. Should I make the thread here or move it to a private forum?

But be ready for this.

Sweetaction.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    also if you want could you prefer hex or square maps?

If you wish to use a certain pic or token for the maps send them to me.

Also sunday - tuesday will be light on the game since im am going to be packing and moving on tuesday, but i wont be taking down the pc until tuesday morning and ill be back on that night so no worries lol.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    uh oh big problem i get off work at 5:30 PST which is 8:30est takes me at least a half hour top get home and i have stuff on friday nights... damn...

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    MadJack wrote:
    uh oh big problem i get off work at 5:30 PST which is 8:30est takes me at least a half hour top get home and i have stuff on friday nights... damn...

dont worry we wont leave you, if anything ill do combat for you so you are with the group.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    wait a minute how are people starting with magic items?
    we only had starting cash from the phb i thought. are we getting 2nd level character cash?

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    MadJack wrote:
    we only had starting cash from the phb i thought. are we getting 2nd level character cash?

yea, i thought i said that?

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    urbman wrote:
    MadJack wrote:

yea, i thought i said that?

Yup, said 1500 gp in the first post

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    wow okay imma mess with my equiment then, oh and here is my backstory

the tale of the bard

Kalus Homebridge grew up as a street urchin in the city of splendor his parents being very destitute and unable to afford him picked up and left when he was just 8. Fortunately being a rather dashing Young man he got by nicely by begging and sweet talking the tourists that visited. When he was 13 he snuck into a tavern show to evade the cold night, that moment changed his life forever. On stage Kalus spotted the great Gaston Of Silverymoon. The great Gaston was playing his fiddle and singing a song so powerful and exciting that Kalus was just struck in awe.

After the show Kalus proceeded to shadow Gaston watching how people reacted to him, he was amazed at home the women would swoon for him, how the bartenders whom would chop of the hand of a man who gave him one copper less then the toll would be throwing overflowing tankards at Gaston.

For a week where ever the bard went Kalus followed, till one day Kalus noticed people putting all the bards many cases and chests into a wagon. Kalus not missing the opportunity hid with the baggage. It wasn’t until Gaston and his accompaniment had gotten a days journey out that they discovered there little stow away. The bard was furious but after hearing about Kalus life on the streets and his want of something more, he decided to take him under his wing. Kalus traveled for 3 years with Gaston seeing places he would have never had the chance to other wise, always listening to people and there stories.

When Kalus become 16 Gaston sent him away to learn at the most prestigious bardic collage in faerun, foclucan of silvery moon. After completing his three years of study he has chosen to come to water deep where it all began.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    gray mattergray matter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How late are we planning on playing tomorrow night? I have a friends birthday party to go to later so I can't play for too long since I have to catch a bus. (Probably 1-1.5 hours of playing, I'm PST)

-Edit-
    Both Panksea06 and I are not really able to play for long since we'll be in a movie theater tomorrow night, not sure on the time though, so like I said above we might be able to play for a little bit, but it's not likely.

gray matter on
    GrayMatterSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ya i realy wish i was gonna be here tomorrow too. damn time zones how you all try to screw me. okay my character is ready i bought better armor and a horse so i wont be encumberd...

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If about half the players get on tonight I could start the campaign tonight if you guys wish. If we do want to play tonight lets give a few hours for everyone to get ready to play.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gray mattergray matter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm perfectly fine with my character showing up later for all the hijinks, if that's okay with you, but I'm really not available until Saturday, except for posts I could make intermittently.

*twiddling his thumbs* I stretch and stand up out of my chair. Looking around, I see that there's nothing to do. " *sighs* I really hate this fucking life, maybe tomorrow I'll find my next big job". I sit back down and go back to thinking.

gray matter on
    GrayMatterSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    days of avalability

Sundays if scedualed in advance

Monday 6pm pst -9pm ( i gots to watch heroes)
    tuesday 6pm pst -11pst
    wednesday 6pm pst -11pst
    Thursay 6pm pst -11pst

Friday + Saturday = unavailable

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    plays his fiddle to a crowd near the warf and sings bawdy songs of adventure and romance.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    so should we start in this thread or a new one?

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i think a new one either that or use like open rpg. ive never done a game this way before. yes the bard is a virgin to online roleplaying ::sigh::

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Here is my back story then:

Gran grew up in a remote town on the border between the Silver Marches and the Savage Frontier. Gran's family was poor, but at a young age his parents where able to convince the local blacksmith Vearnine, to take him in as an apprentice. Gran grew up on the stories that the few merchants and travelers told that passed through town. When Gran was 17, he decided to go see the outside world and see what the world was really like. Vearnine agreed it would be best for him to go see the world because in such a tiny village Gran would never be able to grow to his full potential.

Here are the times that would work best for me:

Monday: 6:00PM-10:00PM
    Tuesday: 6:00PM-9:00PM (I need to watch House and Boston Legal.)
    Wednesdays are full.
    Thursday: 6:00PM-10:00PM
    Fridays: 4:00PM-2:00AM
    Saturday: 6:00PM-10:00PM
    Sunday: 6:00PM-10:00PM

I'm good for today if everyone else is.

EDIT I'm Pacific Standard Time.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If we can avoid playing on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays that would be great, since depending on the week I have real-life D&D to attend to, and in general debachery to see to on Saturday nights :-p

I can play tonight, though, after I dig my mic out if we're doing combat's live.

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I forgot to add i cant tonight, my cousin bought a new car so i have to go around with him afterwork, hey um when you guys put up your sceduals put your time zone cuz some of us are on east coast and west coast.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    we will start off tonight in this thread and see where it goes from here. We can pick up on when the majority of the group can play, or we can break it into two different groups in the same story that parallel each other.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    why dont we set days of play and times? hey this would be alot easier if we had some kinda of voice op thing going on.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ok when can everyone play? give me times and days that are the best for you.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i have perform comedy because IRL im just not funny

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    hey are we going to use the add on rules to add F.A.T.A.L to the game? seriously i think i need to know the size of my bards wang for encumbrance and what not.

see told ya i wasnt funny

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    panksea06panksea06 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    As I think was mentioned earlier by grey matter I cant play friday evening either it looks like.

panksea06 on
    How can they expect me to have a sig when I am too lame to upload an avatar after 2 ye- oh wait...
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I can do
    Wednesday Nights
    Thursday Nights
    Saturday Nights
    Sunday Nights

The other nights of the week have other gaming, but I can make it depending on when the session is.

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    deleted

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ok now where to play. Do we want to do forum/vent or something like open rpg?

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The forum or Open RPG would be ideal for me.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Im good with either im a bard my tactics are gonna be singing and runnying around giveng ac or attack bonus to people. so preety much a forum will work for my needs but as i hear i think open rpg will be better

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    urbman wrote:

Forum/Vent is ideal for me. Not to mention I think there are distinct advantages to being able to keep the RP going on the board between planned sessions, and not having to really pause the D&D fun until there is something like a big combat that necessitates live interaction at the real session.

Though I've never really used Open RPG, I'll look into getting it installed tonight.

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    okay well i have to start closing my work up soo ill see you guys.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:
    urbman wrote:

Forum/Vent is ideal for me. Not to mention I think there are distinct advantages to being able to keep the RP going on the board between planned sessions, and not having to really pause the D&D fun until there is something like a big combat that necessitates live interaction at the real session.

Though I've never really used Open RPG, I'll look into getting it installed tonight.

Yea i really like that idea of forum/vent, it would make for some interesting convos lol. Also if we use vent to keep from meta gaming, lets use our character names.

Also just wondering would interaction with me help if I was just a DM or had a charatcer for which you could interact?

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I can't use vent, no microphone you see.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i dont like pet npc's its okay once in awhile but usualy it ends bad ive felt it from both sides of the gaming table.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Actually I probably wont be able to play today.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]