As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic Thread October 10, 2008

• Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Probably not, but i was pretty sure hazing was required to be accepted in any group. Don't tell me t.v. has lied to me again.

joshua1 on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    hey at least you didn't make a thread.

it's hard to make- jesus christ your avatar is the most hideous piece of shit, what is the matter with you?!

it's hard to make a first post and not have it be awkward, unless you've been lurking forever. so... hi!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, That av is hideous, even more so its something I DREW. I wear it like a mark of shame. Horrible horrible shame.

and, hi!

joshua1 on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You haven't come out of the gates trolling everywhere, which is always a good start, but I can't fathom why you're inviting people to haze you.

What you are doing now is basically like going up to a crazy knife-wielding homeless guy and saying, "Okay! Stab, rape and mug me! I know you were thinking about it!"

Butler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    hey, i watched droves and droves of newbloods get hazed in here numerous times. I thought that was how things were done.

I immediately regret my decision to post here. And it's too late for a ret-con!

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    and then the homeless guy is kind of like "hey you are, um... crazier than i am. i'm gonna go back to my crack-pipe for a while..."

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    anyways, we aren't allowed to go off topic in this thread anymore. so, this kind of isn't even SE++ anymore. go maek poast in some other thread and we can continue this discussion of cabbages and kings.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also I would strongly advise against the use of the phrase "maek poast" except in parody.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I believe both of us were using it properly, sir.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was totally "maeking" parody

joshua1 on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well fellows, this young chap doesn't quite fit in around here, eh?

How about we give him a good ol' fashioned ribbing then? It will be a grand old time for us esteemed members of the Wubble Woo community.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    no

not until he proves himself to be such an incredible mumblefuck as you are

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The way the dialogue is worded in this comic should have been looked over before being submitted.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2008
    Why the fuck is this whole thread about some new guy

the comic is not about a new guy

get a grip

Tube on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think their teeth are slowly melting

They should brush more frequently

Fugitive on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why the fuck is this whole thread about some new guy

the comic is not about a new guy

get a grip

NO YOU GET A GRIP

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I can just see some shadowy figure in a chair, grittin' his teeth and clutchin' his glass of wine really hard out of the rage he experiences when he sees people not post on-topic for the comic thread.

"TUBE" he cries "WHAT OF THIS"

but in regards to the comic, I'm not really sure what to think of ol' Molyneux's proposal. I actually think he's on the mark with it more than not, because a lot of folks played Fable when they never played anything else near that level.

the last panel gets me though. It's like the hero and that dog went through somethin' unspeakable together, and they don't want to make eye contact, or even mention it.

Well, they might, but it's a dog, so it's just gonna stare at that other dog in the distance and probably bark at it in a little bit.

Obbi on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Obbi, that's the classic "Buddy movie" pose, none of that nonsense.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Perhaps, if the buddy movie was illegal in most of the free world!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The only thing that it is in the free world is rocking.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rocking is not free.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nobody said that rocking was free.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rocking is communist.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Communism isn't free, you exchange work for work.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You exchange work for poverty.

Defender on
  • Options
    lofloloflo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just to clarify, Molyneux didn't say "You need to get a non-gamer to play this because this game isn't for gamers."

According to the Variety article, what his note said was:

"...we build this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, pleae find somebody who doesn't play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it's only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through."

So, grammar and typo issues aside, what he is saying is that he believes the game will appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike, and that the game is designed so that an inexperienced gamer will end up playing in a very different game environment to that of an experienced gamer. He simply wants the reviewers to get a non-gamer to have a crack at it so they (ie: the reveiwers) can see those differences for themselves.

loflo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What I see is "please please please disregard that the odds that I actually finished this game and delivered what I said I would are really low and just buy this fucking thing."

Defender on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    loflo wrote: »
    Just to clarify, Molyneux didn't say "You need to get a non-gamer to play this because this game isn't for gamers."

According to the Variety article, what his note said was:

"...we build this game not only to appeal to gamers like yourself, but to appeal to anybody. So please, please, please, please, pleae find somebody who doesn't play games, watch them play it and see how their world turns out, because I think it's only when you see those differences that the unique experiences comes through."

So, grammar and typo issues aside, what he is saying is that he believes the game will appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike, and that the game is designed so that an inexperienced gamer will end up playing in a very different game environment to that of an experienced gamer. He simply wants the reviewers to get a non-gamer to have a crack at it so they (ie: the reveiwers) can see those differences for themselves.

I guess depending on the open endedness of the game this would be true, since people who have been playing Mario Bros since they were three do take a very different approach to the medium than someone who is just getting into games now.

Javen on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    What I see is "please please please disregard that the odds that I actually finished this game and delivered what I said I would are really low and just buy this fucking thing."

What did he say he would deliver

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really think Peter Molyneux should be barred from saying anything about his games before they are released.

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

...Are you completely unfamiliar with him? He's well known for talking a really big game, then not being able to back it up. Shit, look at Fable 1. As to exactly what specific claims he's made with Fable 2, right now I don't recall them, but they're ass-easy to find because it's PR/marketing and therefore the publisher pays lots of money to make sure that you can find it.

Defender on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

...Are you completely unfamiliar with him? He's well known for talking a really big game, then not being able to back it up. Shit, look at Fable 1. As to exactly what specific claims he's made with Fable 2, right now I don't recall them, but they're ass-easy to find because it's PR/marketing and therefore the publisher pays lots of money to make sure that you can find it.

No I am familiar with him its just that it seems he learned his lesson with Fable 1 and hasn't put that much hype into Fable 2

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You get a dog

Javen on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Javen wrote: »

You get a dog
    that is the best dog and the most amazing dog in the entire world and it is your ui and that's all you ever need in the world and also it poops tacos

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    a BRAND NEW CAAAR!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Javen wrote: »

You get a dog
    that is the best dog and the most amazing dog in the entire world and it is your ui and that's all you ever need in the world and also it poops tacos

wait, it poops tacos? i need this game.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I don't actually know anything about the game, I just got the dog thing from the comic

Javen on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2008
    in my opinion all protagonists should have a faithful dog companion

this is why superman is the best DC character

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    have you forgotten
    Bathound2005.jpg?