Options

I'm being [Chat]woman for Halloween

• Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    If it was in the Tundra and we are talking about ground here not ice. Then the ground temperature would be warmer then above ground and therefore would be warm which is why many small animals go underground to hibernate clearlyyyyyyyy.

This Just In: Urgent News Update:

The ground is never cold. Only ice is cold!

And tonight: Animals Have Managed to Drill Through Permafrost with Sharp, Sharp Teeth

News At Eleven!

I'm on the edge of my seat!

You should probably scoot back, you've got like a whole seat you're not using. You'll likely be way more comfortable.

You have not seen my office chair. It's the anti-ergonomic!

I sit at a kitchen table chair all day.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Since i'm going to be disappearing forever again I decided to make my signature have a countdown on it, is that EXCITING?!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No, shut up.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    loomdum marry me

Urian on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh my gawd i want money first

Eh
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    Loomdun wrote: »
    If it was in the Tundra and we are talking about ground here not ice. Then the ground temperature would be warmer then above ground and therefore would be warm which is why many small animals go underground to hibernate clearlyyyyyyyy.

This Just In: Urgent News Update:

The ground is never cold. Only ice is cold!

And tonight: Animals Have Managed to Drill Through Permafrost with Sharp, Sharp Teeth

News At Eleven!

I'm on the edge of my seat!

You should probably scoot back, you've got like a whole seat you're not using. You'll likely be way more comfortable.

You have not seen my office chair. It's the anti-ergonomic!

I sit at a kitchen table chair all day.

Omg what a neat quote

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    AcetaldehydeAcetaldehyde Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well I'm being [Chattan] Falcon for Halloween.

Always late to the party.

Acetaldehyde on
    Shootan+Fightan.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just got back from grocery shopping.

Because the bus schedule is so fucked, I had to carry a hundred plus dollars worth of groceries about a mile to my apartment.

What a workout! I'm exhausted.

Godfather on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn...i just did some concepts for a plush doll that i'm gonna make for my girlfriend's birthday but i'm not gonna be able to make it until thanksgiving, but i still want to get some feedback right now.

Will anyone tell me which one they like if i post them in the doodle thread?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    AcetaldehydeAcetaldehyde Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I will, but I've been lurkin more than I've been posting, so you might not be hold any stock in my opinions at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure that sentence right there works, but it's 3.41 am, so I'm not sure.

Acetaldehyde on
    Shootan+Fightan.png
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Now all i see is that stupid Foster's thing.

grumble...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where's Gibs? And Wakka...and...and...oh man, I can't even remember all their names! Spex? Toji! And...aaaand....uhhh...everyone?

I feel like the serious level of work present on these boards has diminished a bit...less doodle pages that make me gape, less threads of total awesomeness, and more of these weirdos who doodle anime and web comics.

What are you looking at me for? I'm not good enough to do anything about it! I come to these boards for high quality eye candy of various consistent styles and I need my fix! I never signed no contract saying that I have to do art too.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    they're all still around, they're just doing other things. i've noticed a general slowdown too.

in other news, a conversation with my friend about awesome badass movies with luc besson resulted in a leon the professional doodle.

i love jean reno. ronin rules.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Where's Gibs? And Wakka...and...and...oh man, I can't even remember all their names! Spex? Toji! And...aaaand....uhhh...everyone?

I feel like the serious level of work present on these boards has diminished a bit...less doodle pages that make me gape, less threads of total awesomeness, and more of these weirdos who doodle anime and web comics.

What are you looking at me for? I'm not good enough to do anything about it! I come to these boards for high quality eye candy of various consistent styles and I need my fix! I never signed no contract saying that I have to do art too.

A huge portion of them moved over to:

http://www.teamspecialolympics.com/phpBB3/index.php

Though I'm not sure where some people are anymore, in general. For those who remember Megamau, he moved over there too, but it's been months upon months (god, maybe even a full year? ...nahhh) since I've seen him at all. Gibs and Wakka post there relatively regularly though.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I charge muny to see my stuffz but i'll post some random 10 second doodles in the sketch thread

I like greatnations style more then professional style though I always find the sketch style of shading interesting except hes horrible with hair

oh wait i'll be gone forever soon anyways! LOL nevermind!!!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    thanks a lot, ND, now i'm browsing and feeling inferior like i do every time i see TSO

makes me wanna draw more, even though it's 2 am.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Oh. I see...

Man. I'm moody lately. I had to watch two movies today to distract myself, and it still didn't help. Weird.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Though I'm not sure where some people are anymore, in general. For those who remember Megamau, he moved over there too, but it's been months upon months (god, maybe even a full year? ...nahhh) since I've seen him at all. Gibs and Wakka post there relatively regularly though.

Mega disappearing was the biggest gut hit for me, but I think it was because he finally got a job as a concept artist after 8 years of being a caricature artist at some Vegas hotel or something.

If anyone deserved that job, it was him. Just a great guy all around, and he really deserved it, especially after all the shit he had to muck through in his art school career.

Also, no offense to the man, but Gibs art does nothing for me. His style is everything the one I want is against. I don't hate it or anything, it's just my thing.

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one who thinks this, but whatever, I had to say it.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's okay your just experiencing a mood swing, Very common when around your period so I hear

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    God dammit Loomdun, do you try to be a jackass or does it just come naturally?

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh, that's where tynic went.

80% of the reasons i started reading this forum are on that one. maybe more.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man, those forums just look like a big super good artist love fest of best friends and allies. I don't belong. :|

Loomdun, has no one changed your cedar shavings yet? No wonder you're so feisty lately.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Mega disappearing was the biggest gut hit for me, but I think it was because he finally got a job as a concept artist after 8 years of being a caricature artist at some Vegas hotel or something.

If anyone deserved that job, it was him. Just a great guy all around, and he really deserved it, especially after all the shit he had to muck through in his art school career.

That would be really great if it were true. I loved Mega's stuff - it was so out there, and colorful, and fresh-feeling. Hahah, I remember the first time I ever saw him post his work, soon after I joined the forums, I think. I poured compliments into that thread. I really hope he made it to that, if that's what he wanted. He was really good.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man, those forums just look like a big super good artist love fest of best friends and allies. I don't belong. :|

"We Value Friendship" :P

Seriously. We won't prevent you from sitting at our lunch table, or anything.

...unless you buy school lunch, of course.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Shit, I remember a couple of years back when I first joined the forums, and as a level green beginner seeing his work literally brought me to my knees.

I gave him this mega asspat or something and for some reason he tried to pass my quote off as a double account. He changed his Penny Arcade title under his name to "also known as Godfather", and if he ever posted here again, it's still there.

I mean, he'll never ever post here again, so I can't really back up my claims or anything, but I know it's still there.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

"We Value Friendship" :P

Seriously. We won't prevent you from sitting at our lunch table, or anything.

...unless you buy school lunch, of course.

i still have my account from when someone linked me to it a year or two ago.

Total Posts: 4

maybe when i actually become decent at art things i'll post there.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually there are a few posters there that don't draw at all, they're just extremely funny.

I doubt you would have trouble fitting in Orik.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh, i agree completely. i'll start posting, but i want to drastically improve My Shit before then, because, well..

i don't think i deserve a visual arts degree right now, so i'm using 'get not terrible' as my goal for pretty much everything.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    tempting to destroy but it does not matter for I am melting anyways

And yes my cedar shavings have not been refreshed I am quite enraged as to having to wander in my own poo pellets

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh, i agree completely. i'll start posting, but i want to drastically improve My Shit before then, because, well..

i don't think i deserve a visual arts degree right now, so i'm using 'get not terrible' as my goal for pretty much everything.

You're worrying too much. If you want to play it safe just stick to Imperial Chicken Chat or Movies/Music/Nerdcrap and you can just gravel at the phenomenal art Heavy ARTillery.

As a guy who has read your posts, and has lurked at that forum for a bit, I really don't see why you shouldn't start posting just because you don't think your abilities are up to snuff yet.

I had to stop posting there because I could not keep up with the community, both artistically and conversation-wise. Everybody was sixteen steps ahead of me, and it was starting to get frustrating, so I just up and left for a bit.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    what do you mean sixteen steps ahead in conversation? how is that important how do people get ahead in conversation like that. Does that even make sense?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    haha, the other reason is that i already post in SE a bunch. i'll start worming my way in to TSO, though, the art threads are fantastic even if they don't update often.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well I probably wonttt go for the sake of peoples mentality and health

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    I had to stop posting there because I could not keep up with the community, both artistically and conversation-wise. Everybody was sixteen steps ahead of me, and it was starting to get frustrating, so I just up and left for a bit.

I'd put forward an opinion at this point, but honestly your next post is going to be really dumb so I don't want to get too involved.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cocks.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    not if I beat him to making a stupid post FIRST

edit DAMN IT forbe

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    OH MY GOD LOOMDUN JUST POST LESS ALREADY YOU DON'T NEED TO DISAPPEAR JUST DON'T POST SO OFTEN CLUSTER CRACK CHRIST MOTHER!

*sigh*

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'd put forward an opinion at this point, but honestly your next post is going to be really dumb so I don't want to get too involved.

Ouch?

Godfather on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Ouch?

Bacon is a surly old bird.

Tam on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2008

Ouch?

See what I mean?
    horsin.gif

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Ouch?

See what I mean?

SNOWFLAKE.jpg

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.