Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]ctica: Day Nine: A Measure of Salvation (Cylon Victory)

1333436383942

Posts

  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll !vote Varcayn, because he seems rather suspicious to me, and I don't know about Mundane.

    If the inactives aren't dealt with, I'll probably end up going after Rainfall tomorrow. The whole, inactive on the boards, active behind the scenes bit.

    FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    I also want to take a moment to express my gripe with our leadership in the fact that they aren't really leading. Some public direction for those of us not in the network would be appreciated.

    Yeah, I realize my leadership hasn't been so hot. But I've not much to offer the group on the whole except to encourage independent thought on whom they find suspicious. Otherwise it's just me against the baddies, rather than the entire village against them. Should I install some sort of activity to encourage more conversation and participation? Maybe that will help...?

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For the record I spent one of those days in jail.

    I also have a habit of posting very little. Not to say I ignore the game or don't care, just a habit.

    Varcayn on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmmmm, Varcayn jumping to defend from one vote seems more suspicious to me than my previous gut vote.

    !Varcayn for second place.

    JPants on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah. Everyone's been keeping a rather low profile. Hard to develop suspicions when no one's really discussing anything.

    Edit: Not that I appear to be contributing much. However, I am going to have a shower now. Spent the entire day cleaning. At least I now live in less of a pigsty than previously!

    ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Right. How about this one?

    1.) I would argue that it is extremely likely that at least one cylon/police will be found in every bandwagon for the first few days.

    2.) As Jester313 pointed out, no known mafia members were found in day 3's bandwagon for sportzboytjw - seen here (slide along to the right a little to see day 3).

    3.) The unknowns in that bandwagon are:

    JPants
    TheLawinator
    El Skid
    MundaneSoul
    MacGuffin

    4.) We're already voting out MundaneSoul. Cool.

    5.) Also suspecting TheLawinator as a police member, if the whole "mafia unintentionally votes in blocks" thing is true because of:
    Post #1139 Romantic Undead (died as police member) votes
    Post #1140 Dac Vin (died as police member) votes
    Post #1141 TheLawinator (unknown) votes
    Post #1142 Thetheroo (died as police member) votes

    ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am obviously the most evil and bardest of dudes. Fear me and my greatness, for my hands are metal like Gumpy.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am obviously the most evil and bardest of dudes. Fear me and my greatness, for my hands are metal like Gumpy.

    C-

    Lacking Queen.

    Could do better.

    ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Closed as of 12:00 EST. Narration imminent.

    Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *clangs his mug against the cell bars*

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Day Seven: Some Way Out of Here

    ---

    daysixtwojm2.jpg

    ---

    We were starting to hit them, and hit them hard, but it seems that wasn't good enough.

    Undeterred by their losses, the cylons started to round up more of us. FreeAgent, enlightenedbum, eecc, and JPants were all taken in the middle of the night; our sources tell us the cylons plan to execute them tomorrow. Frakking toasters think they can intimidate us into submission. Three others vanished as well. The_Reflection, MacGuffin, and Bliss 101 haven't been seen at all recently.

    Two more insurgents shot in the street unceremoniously, and one body dumped out of the prison. Ianator, El Skid, delroland, your deaths will not be in vain.

    Word came in from above, and it's time to hit them where it hurts.

    ---

    daysixan5.jpg

    ---

    Cylon headquarters was a mess. Chaos had begun to spread among the city of New Phallica due to the continuing insurgent bombings, and despite our best efforts they would not give in. We were busy trying to coordinate the police force, to bring order back to the streets.

    That hope was dashed when an Eight entered the room among all of the chatter, making one simple, grim statement.

    "The Phallactica is back."

    ---

    The_Reflection has been put in a New Phallican Prison.
    MacGuffin has been put in a New Phallican Prison.
    Bliss 101 has been put in a New Phallican Prison.


    Egos has been released from a New Phallican Prison.
    Plutonium has been released from a New Phallican Prison.

    FreeAgent has been placed on a death list.
    enlightenedbum has been placed on a death list.
    eecc has been placed on a death list.
    JPants has been placed on a death list.


    delroland - Insurgent - killed by Cylons
    Ianator - Mason Insurgent - killed by Cylons

    El Skid - Insurgent - prison accident

    MundaneSoul - Phallican Resistance Fighter - executed

    Death list executions will take place first thing tomorrow.
    Open combat has broken out between the Insurgents and the Cylon Forces.
    The Phallactica has arrived!


    Tactical details will be sent out shortly to the appropriate parties.

    Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EL SKID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Egos on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh dear. Do or die time now!

    Start of Day 7 Spreadsheet (up to post 1412)

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oooooOOOooooOOOO

    Good luck, guys!

    OOOoooOOOoooOOO

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The chances of victory are extremely slim. Even with perfect planning, victory is not assured. It will take all our powers to make our escape. From each of you, I need to know three people whom you trust the most, and three people whom you trust the least. Send your thoughts to me via PM. Our survival hangs in the balance - nothing less than perfection will do. There must be some way out of this situation, we must find it.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So.. um... !MrBlarney

    weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    we should correlate the low frequency posts with the suspiciousness index posted by ham.. does anything match up? I'm finding it hard to know what we can do to give ourselves a fighting chance.

    weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OoooOoo

    The mafia of this game is pretty goddamn powerful.

    Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't know what to do. I'm nearly completely demoralized. But I'm still alive. And with my life, I must continue to fight. But these words feel empty... do they still have meaning behind them? They do not have the fire, the passion that they once had. I have relied much on the support of others, but I do not seem to have returned the same amount. The structure of the insurgency is now fragile and teetering from this imbalance. It will take a lot of effort to keep standing, and only a little of effort against us to completely collapse.

    Two things need to happen. We need to vote out a traitor, and we need to find the right people to go into battle. The private survey, I think, may help on both fronts. Vote analysis, post analysis. HamHamJ's formula hasn't worked for the past two days, is there another formulation we can use? I don't know yet. But there must be some way, hidden among all this information, to find the baddies and reach our freedom. It's been done before, we can do it again.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there anything I can actually help with? I haven't been paying as much attention to this phalla as I would have liked.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    whats being in jail mean? I didnt get any pms

    The_Reflection on
    SYSOP wrote: »

    "The_Reflection has a story, that must be told"..."He is already a legend, and he ain't even old"
    "He can drink a river of blood and not burst"..."He can swallow a desert and never thirst"
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there anything I can actually help with? I haven't been paying as much attention to this phalla as I would have liked.

    Well, I've put out a request for everyone's top three trusted and top three suspicious targets. I don't know how much it will help, but anything goes at this point.
    whats being in jail mean? I didnt get any pms

    If I remember from those previously imprisoned, you won't be able to communicate with anyone at all about the game. It's like a roleblock, only worse. I'm sure you'll get a PM soon (if not already)?

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oooOOOoooOOOooo

    Kick their shiny metal asses~

    oooOOOoooOOOooo

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if MrBlarney is bad.

    Arasaki on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arasaki wrote: »
    At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if MrBlarney is bad.

    If I were a baddie, the game would have been over after the first battle - the numbers could have been set up so that the fighters would have been decimated, leading to an insurgent loss in the teens and a traitor loss of zero. That's been pretty much our only victory so far, so we'll need to pull it together to get another like it. I would really like your cooperation on this, if we're to take the war to its limit.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    :whistle:Take it to the limit!:whistle:

    EDIT: Though personally, I'm more of a fan of pushing it to the limit...
    Unless we're integrating, but that sounds like toaster talk to me

    crimsoncoyote on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Arasaki wrote: »
    At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if MrBlarney is bad.

    If I were a baddie, the game would have been over after the first battle - the numbers could have been set up so that the fighters would have been decimated, leading to an insurgent loss in the teens and a traitor loss of zero. That's been pretty much our only victory so far, so we'll need to pull it together to get another like it. I would really like your cooperation on this, if we're to take the war to its limit.

    I think the problem with this phalla (for regular insurgents at least) is that there isn't as much awareness as to the tactical stuff going on. There the assumption of course, but its definitely not as clear-cut as the other BSG phalla was where people had to jump from ship to ship and certain ships gained power ups from one type of class (pilot,engineer) being there,etc.

    Egos on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Arasaki wrote: »
    At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if MrBlarney is bad.

    If I were a baddie, the game would have been over after the first battle - the numbers could have been set up so that the fighters would have been decimated, leading to an insurgent loss in the teens and a traitor loss of zero. That's been pretty much our only victory so far, so we'll need to pull it together to get another like it. I would really like your cooperation on this, if we're to take the war to its limit.

    I think the problem with this phalla (for regular insurgents at least) is that there isn't as much awareness as to the tactical stuff going on. There the assumption of course, but its definitely not as clear-cut as the other BSG phalla was where people had to jump from ship to ship and certain ships gained power ups from one type of class (pilot,engineer) being there,etc.

    Well, there really hasn't been as much 'tactical' stuff for the general population. I know the assumption is, with a Hylianbunny game, that there will be more of that for most or all people to do, but that hasn't really been the case. If people are looking to me to tell them what to do, I've already said, many times, that the most important thing was to try and find the baddies. That's all a villager can do sometimes, and this game isn't any different in that respect.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Could someone list all those who are still alive right now?

    SpeedySwaf on
    Deguello wrote:
    Nintendo set up a DS buffet and all the third parties went to the PSP Diner. The Diner came down with a case of botulism and everybody wonders why Nintendo is fat when they return.
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »
    Could someone list all those who are still alive right now?

    Alive and free:

    Arasaki
    B:L
    crimsoncoyote
    Egos
    giltanis
    Maximus
    MrBlarney
    Plutonium
    Rainfall
    SpeedySwaf
    TheLawinator
    Trust
    Varcayn
    weatheredclown

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I need to be less busy, and my car needs to be less breaking.

    I'll catch up and vote when I get the chance later.

    crimsoncoyote on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really have no idea what is going on...Either the bad guys were really good and/or we were really stupid this game. <Shrug>

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Trust always makes me suspicious by being quiet. I don't have any other information to go on, so I'm just throwing a vote on him.

    Arasaki on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmmm... I have received far fewer PMs than I thought I would. I have not received as much help as I would have liked. But time is running short and decisions need to be made. My vote tonight will be going on !weatheredclown. His vote on me is a bit blatant... and I'll take it at face value.

    I would still like to see others' opinions on trustworthiness/suspicion to build an attack team, or if you think there are better options out there.

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WeatheredClown to establish a majority and break the tie.

    Plutonium on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll go with !Trust as well..

    Egos on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Arasaki wrote: »
    At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if MrBlarney is bad.

    If I were a baddie, the game would have been over after the first battle - the numbers could have been set up so that the fighters would have been decimated, leading to an insurgent loss in the teens and a traitor loss of zero. That's been pretty much our only victory so far, so we'll need to pull it together to get another like it. I would really like your cooperation on this, if we're to take the war to its limit.

    I think the problem with this phalla (for regular insurgents at least) is that there isn't as much awareness as to the tactical stuff going on. There the assumption of course, but its definitely not as clear-cut as the other BSG phalla was where people had to jump from ship to ship and certain ships gained power ups from one type of class (pilot,engineer) being there,etc.

    Well, there really hasn't been as much 'tactical' stuff for the general population. I know the assumption is, with a Hylianbunny game, that there will be more of that for most or all people to do, but that hasn't really been the case. If people are looking to me to tell them what to do, I've already said, many times, that the most important thing was to try and find the baddies. That's all a villager can do sometimes, and this game isn't any different in that respect.

    True I was mainly addressing how Arasaki may have thought you could be evil. That is if he was (as I was) unaware that there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. More than just the typical network machinations.

    And does anyone have a clue whats going on with the inactives?

    Egos on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    weatheredclown I think will get my vote for suspicious.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Speedyswaf still stinks.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Trust because you aren't living up to your namesake.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
Sign In or Register to comment.