As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video card volt mod or the lack thereof (x600 pro)

ElQuackElQuack Registered User regular
Ok, I have a diamod x600 pro (pcie) that I have reached the limit of overclocking with just extra cooling alone.
I think I can get some more by increasing the voltage, but while I can find numerous guides on how to do pencil mods, none are for the x600 pro.
If anyone has some info on doing it with one of these I would be grateful.

ElQuack on

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is this for practice? If not I would recommend you by a cheap card to replace it. Some nice cards can be found for cheap especially if it's PCI-E.

edit:

It is PCI-E. Like I said look for a cheap replacement for it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you are dead set on a VMod go to VR-Zone or Xtremesystems forums and ask for help. Take some pictures of the card so they can have a look at it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I already have a cheap card to replace it with. However it (7200gs) is even slower than the x600. Even if I overclock it. I'll check those sites out.

ElQuack on
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you accidentally push it too far, you could end up needing a new motherboard as well.

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    stigweard wrote: »
    If you accidentally push it too far, you could end up needing a new motherboard as well.

That would no be good at all. Making a mental note to go conservatively.
    Found this which looks like decent guide to figuring them out: http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/hardware-hacking/39385-diy-volt-mod-guide.html

ElQuack on