As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    chicken butt.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »
    I wanted to try more of a pure healer so I rolled a Zealot the other day. My favourite moment so far was being the top healer on my team(third overall) at Rank 3 and having a Rank 8 Blorc tell me I was useless because I was Rank 3. A Blorc who would hide behind casters and throw axes at the other team.

I really, really don't understand this. If you're the biggest, toughest class in the game, why would doing this even cross your mind?

Especially the ones on Mourkain who get the artifact and run back behind the back lines, not even utilizing the artifact bonus at all.

captaink on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    Please don't get me started on WL vs Marauder.

I would give up fetch in a second for their mastery trees, or hell, even their abilities. There are so many disparities it makes me want to kill an infinite amount of children.

And it doesn't help matters that one of the strongest specs completely does away with the lion for Loner.

Be careful what you wish for. Know why every Marauder goes Monstrosity? A good many of the Marauder master abilities and tactics from the other two paths are bugged and do not work. Looking at you Deadly Clutch.

Deadly Clutch doesn't work? D:

So much for my dual spec idea.

Shens on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am guilty of having done that as a blorc

but that is when I play in pugs and I don't trust pugs

you see pugs are fucking dumb, and I can't rely on them keeping me alive if I'm on the frontlines with the artifact

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But these guys will stand behind everyone. Way behind, to where they've got to be nearly out of healer range. Wouldn't you just stand in front of the healers, to protect them and more importantly, to be visible?

captaink on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love having the bauble, it's the only time I have ever gotten healed in a PUG reliably. Even when I was still playing my WE I'd get into the mix and kill people and stay alive.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    chicken butt.

I also agree with this totally.

There are several tome unlocks that you can get for killing people and being killed as a chicken. I wish to earn these some day. Someone needs to organize a massive amount of chicken on chicken violence.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well I am just waiting for Magus/Engineers to really use there aoe pull abilities co-ordinated with massive AoE spell damage. Fire that off and have 3 bright mages fire of there aoe spells at the same time when the mass of players are close together..

Seeing all your defenders get pulled into very small area is going to become painful once someone gets a little more co-ordinated.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    chicken butt.

There are several tome unlocks that you can get for killing people and being killed as a chicken. I wish to earn these some day. Someone needs to organize a massive amount of chicken on chicken violence.

We should do this. Get Grudge on board and have a massive chicken fight in a T1 rvr lake. It will be glorious.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A-Puck wrote: »
    chicken butt.

We should do this. Get Grudge on board and have a massive chicken fight in a T1 rvr lake. It will be glorious.

Eh, Grudge would end up telling some other group like Auralas or whatever, and they'd bring in their lower tier people and just destroy the chicken raid.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Are there any titles for getting killed as a chicken? I thought it was just for killing while a chicken, and killing other chickens.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What do you guys think about what Tycho is saying on the front page currently about Warhammer?

Seemed pretty accurate to me.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Well I am just waiting for Magus/Engineers to really use there aoe pull abilities co-ordinated with massive AoE spell damage. Fire that off and have 3 bright mages fire of there aoe spells at the same time when the mass of players are close together..

Seeing all your defenders get pulled into very small area is going to become painful once someone gets a little more co-ordinated.

I was with a Magus who did this in T4 when we were in Serpent's passage. We had pushed Order into their spawn, and the Magus would yank them ALL out, I would knock them down, one of my guildies silenced them, and then our sorc and I would annihilate them.

BlueDestiny on
    edited October 2008
    What do you guys think about what Tycho is saying on the front page currently about Warhammer?

Overall, he embraces the same things most lovers of the game do: visceral, immediate PvP and neat storyline features behind it all. I think he might miss two very important points, though. First, he hasn't tried Open RvR, so he's only talking about scenarios, probably coming from a background versed in WoW battlegrounds. Second, he doesn't mention the announcement by Blizzard that they'll be making XP a possibility in PvP, which actually takes away one of the arguments he raises in favor of WAR. ::shrug::

Darkewolfe on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    take that, you twink fuckers. rogues with like, 70% dodge at level 29 or 19. XP for killing players = justice!

tyrannus on
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Overall, he embraces the same things most lovers of the game do: visceral, immediate PvP and neat storyline features behind it all. I think he might miss two very important points, though. First, he hasn't tried Open RvR, so he's only talking about scenarios, probably coming from a background versed in WoW battlegrounds. Second, he doesn't mention the announcement by Blizzard that they'll be making XP a possibility in PvP, which actually takes away one of the arguments he raises in favor of WAR. ::shrug::

I think you can pretty much gaurantee that blizzard's "XP for PvP" model will be a token amount for PvP, but if you want any real xp, you'll still have to PvE your little heart out.

Ryokaze on
    edited October 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

I think you can pretty much gaurantee that blizzard's "XP for PvP" model will be a token amount for PvP, but if you want any real xp, you'll still have to PvE your little heart out.

You think so? I think they're looking at what WAR did right and going, "Damn. We need to do those things right too, so we can get those subscribers back!" They're effective business-folk, certainly, and they undoubtedly are looking very closely at exactly what people like about WAR, because they don't want to lose subscriber-base to it.

Darkewolfe on
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

Plus there are more scenarios in T3 alone than all put together in WoW. And better world PvP.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I was with a Magus who did this in T4 when we were in Serpent's passage. We had pushed Order into their spawn, and the Magus would yank them ALL out, I would knock them down, one of my guildies silenced them, and then our sorc and I would annihilate them.

I'd really like to see the range of that be brought down to something more reasonable, like 30 or 40ft.

I mean seriously, my AOEs have a 200pi area. Most PBAOE have a 600pi area. This thing has a 4225pi area. It covers 21 times the area of my AOE spells.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So are our fearless PA leaders candymancers or six mouths? Or neither?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    they don't roll with us

tyrannus on
    edited October 2008
    So are our fearless PA leaders candymancers or six mouths? Or neither?
    candymancers.

cause they're cooler.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited October 2008
    The fearless leaders are terrified of the frenzied mobs that are the forums, I believe.

Darkewolfe on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey... I've been wondering. Why aren't you guys < Da Six Moufs > ??!

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Listen.

Anyone can just show up afterward and wonder why things weren't done in a different manner.

It takes a true intellectual to blame someone else.

I blame Tyr and rak, and to a lesser extent you, Darkewolfe, and darkmayo.

I think my reasons are obvious.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I want to love this game I really do I've got a lot of friends playing it. However my highest is a 15 Engineer (YEAH!) The problem is he just isn't fun. I love the whole tech side of it, I love turrets, grenades and dwarves.

But he just sucks, I have no real role except snaring and putting DoT's on every one. Now this is fine, but I just don't feel like a impact except maybe pissing the team off. I always try and lay ambushes but they don't seem effective I can't kill tanks, or healers, hell unless I do my best to kite MDPS they just button mash my ass to victory. WoW may steal me back because I had a lot of fun in one hour at my friends house with the beta :|.

Now BW those are fun but from what I hear Engineer's are a rare sight so thats kind of why I'm playing one.

Or maybe I'm just a idiot.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Soundwave wrote: »
    I wanted to try more of a pure healer so I rolled a Zealot the other day. My favourite moment so far was being the top healer on my team(third overall) at Rank 3 and having a Rank 8 Blorc tell me I was useless because I was Rank 3. A Blorc who would hide behind casters and throw axes at the other team.

I really, really don't understand this. If you're the biggest, toughest class in the game, why would doing this even cross your mind?

Especially the ones on Mourkain who get the artifact and run back behind the back lines, not even utilizing the artifact bonus at all.

I love the fact that getting the artifact basically funnels the Order team right into a deadly crossfire of my Marauder, half a dozen witch elves and a gobbo shaman :P Its like they completely loose sight of everything and turn on the "OMGBRIGHTCOLLUMNOFLIGHT... GETITGETITGETIT!"

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I want to love this game I really do I've got a lot of friends playing it. However my highest is a 15 Engineer (YEAH!) The problem is he just isn't fun. I love the whole tech side of it, I love turrets, grenades and dwarves.

But he just sucks, I have no real role except snaring and putting DoT's on every one. Now this is fine, but I just don't feel like a impact except maybe pissing the team off. I always try and lay ambushes but they don't seem effective I can't kill tanks, or healers, hell unless I do my best to kite MDPS they just button mash my ass to victory. WoW may steal me back because I had a lot of fun in one hour at my friends house with the beta :|.

Now BW those are fun but from what I hear Engineer's are a rare sight so thats kind of why I'm playing one.

If you keep playing a class you're not enjoying when you've fully acknowledged there's another class you could be having more fun with, then yeah...you are an idiot.

If you're not having fun you're wasting your time. Just reroll what you want to play.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

There's a very good reason why engineers and magi are rare.

For reals, get on that bandwagon. If you're not having fun playing the class you've rolled, "because there aren't many of them" isn't a very good reason to keep grinding away at it.

zilo on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Because Orks can't count to six.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The Engineer and the Magus are very much about area effect annoyance. Slap down lots of dots, interrupts, knockdowns, knock backs, etc. Alot of the skills that you need to perform this you wont get until fairly late in your career.

The upside, is that your overall damage will remain very high as long as you keep applying your dots on clusters of players. since doing your weak damage on 6 players at once, is much greater than what other classes can do on 1 player at a time.

IE: You do 20 damage to 6 players = 120 damage, while the BrightWizard does 100 damage to 1 player.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    captaink wrote:

Depends on the situation really. If you've got the artifact charging ahead into the enemy front line would be downright stupid, chances are you'll get gang stomped and then the artifact will drop right in front of your enemy. Even with a healer team backing you up, you're taking damage that increases regularly until it kills your entire health bar in one shot. Assembling a massive healer team to keep you alive for that period takes away healing from other members in your army. Instead, its usually better to retreat a short distance (not far though, and certainly NOT away from your support) in order to tempt the enemy to rush your front line. Using the corners of the temple work well for this since you can go just around the corner, and it puts you out of line of sight fron enemy ranged attacks. Often, less experienced DPSers/Tanks will attempt to barge through your front line in order to hit the artifact carrier, at which point your side piles on them with various roots and slows. This is usually the best time for the artifact carrier to move forward and engage the rooted enemy with minimal risk of losing the artifact, while still gaining points for your team.

On the other hand, if your team doesn't have the artifact then yeah, the blorc or similar tank type should probably be out front either trying to protect casters from DPS'ers trying to single out squishies, or contributing to a forward push towards the enemy artifact holder. Either way, its usually not a great idea to charge too far from your team support (in either direction) unless you're making an initial rush to grab the artifact for the first time.

Operative21 on
    edited October 2008
    The fearless leaders are terrified of the frenzied mobs that are the forums, I believe.
    ha i agree umarth

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited October 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Listen.

Anyone can just show up afterward and wonder why things weren't done in a different manner.

It takes a true intellectual to blame someone else.

I blame Tyr and rak, and to a lesser extent you, Darkewolfe, and darkmayo.

I think my reasons are obvious.
    I'm so fucking confused it's not even funny.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The Engineer and the Magus are very much about area effect annoyance. Slap down lots of dots, interrupts, knockdowns, knock backs, etc. Alot of the skills that you need to perform this you wont get until fairly late in your career.

The upside, is that your overall damage will remain very high as long as you keep applying your dots on clusters of players. since doing your weak damage on 6 players at once, is much greater than what other classes can do on 1 player at a time.

IE: You do 20 damage to 6 players = 120 damage, while the BrightWizard does 100 damage to 1 player.

Keep with the engineer, buddy. They definitely come into their own later on and are absolutely devastating if you use them right. Far too many times my WE has been 2nd place in damage done to one goddamn monster of an engineer that has me beat by about 15K damage.

MoosehatIV on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    delroland wrote: »

Because Orks can't count to six.

Hehe, that's funny...

< Da T'ree Moufs >

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Engineers have one of THE most powerful ORVR abilities in the game. You don't get it till the end of T3 though and only if you spec for it.

Still. It+a couple other people can single-handedly wipe out an entire warband.

Though it really should/will get nerfed. 21 times the area of my AOE spells. WTF.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So the game is down and so is the herald? Was this scheduled?

edit: N/m, I see it in the patcher.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Scheduled in the way they gave a lil heads up.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Regarding the earlier Marauder/WL debate, I do have a few gripes with my 'rauder.

Mainly, the seeming lack of synergy between the trees. I find myself staying in one mutation most of the time, occasionally switching when I fight casters/melee. The thing is, i don't have access to all the abilities in one arm.

I know that's the way its supposed to be, but the arm switching feels a bit stiff and restricting. it would be cool if the arm changed depending on what move you are using. Although then you;d have to deal with the constant morphing sound. I dunno. Or having more abilities being shared between trees so that I wouldn't have to swap constantly.

Of course, the tree that you spec in has the native abilities buffed while the others stay slightly less effective.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
This discussion has been closed.