As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    am I seeing things or did they increase the damage of all the BW's dots across the board? (except for PwF) D:

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The more I read it, the more I see that healers across the board got nerfed - all HoTs were increased in duration without mention of an increase in actual healing as well (ie my AM HoT is now 9 seconds longer, but heals the same amount as before), damage was increased across the board, and guard can no longer be used outside of a group (so you have to have a tank in your group now).

Also, Ironbreakers ate some large nerfs in there, especially in regards to Grudge generation.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WTF...
    Witch Elf

• All Kisses now persist through the Witch Elf's death. This means that the Witch Elf will not have to recast a Kiss after respawning or being resurrected.

• Envenomed Blade: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Wracking Pains: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

• Elixir of Insane Power: The benefit of this ability has been reduced. The Witch Elf’s attacks will now ignore 50% of her target’s armor.

That's it? That's fucking it?

edit: Witch Elves got BUFFED... ?!!?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Witch Elves got very little changes and one fairly big nerf to one of our abilities.

Meh - we're so awesome that we don't need changes!

...:cry:

EDIT: We're actually buffed quite a bit now - the changes to roots will help us a lot, for example. :D

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Folks,

In regards to the BW, please look at the section that deals with roots/snares and not just the individual career. Any ability/spell that is root/snare based got a significant change (including a 5 second immunity buff). For the BW/Sorc, that change means that spells like Fire Cage cannot be used offensively in the same way that they have been. This is a major change for classes that use that type of ability and a nice boost for anyone who is trying to kill these careers.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Caedere wrote: »
    Witch Elves got very little changes and one fairly big nerf to one of our abilities.

Was the armor reduce ability previously 75%?

rehtonAesoohC on
    edited November 2008
    Celestian wrote:
    Please fix the Restorative Burst and Wild Healing tactics for Archmages. Please.

This and Archmage survivability is a major issue. Not the stuff that was tweaked. I am sure the DPS Archmages are happy but the healers are still AP starved because our healing AP tactics are BROKEN.

Also, where the HELL is the SNARE immunity timer?

In the beginning of the patch notes! :)

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, it was - but that's cool, really. I'm happy that WEs are balanced enough that they can use us as a "control" of sorts. :D

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Overall I'm actually quite pleased with the changes they made including the morale changes, the cooldown fix, the scenario queue time change, the murderball initial spawn fix, the root immunity, the knockdown/knockback fix...

Although my Ironbreaker got donkey punched.

rehtonAesoohC on
    edited November 2008
    well at least my sorc got buffed in (dot) damage

all my CC seems to have been nerfed though

interesting

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

100%, same as the Witch Hunter ability, both of which are now 50% armor ignore abilities.

And wow, those are some underwhelming Swordmaster changes, let me tell you.

Lawndart on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BW DoTs got...a damage buff!?!
    hazywater wrote: »
    Ironbreakers can now use hammers.

Say goodbye to the hammerer.

:cry: I really liked the concept art for the Hammerer. Plus the name is perfection.

Accualt on
    edited November 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    well at least my sorc got buffed in damage

all my CC seems to have been nerfed though

interesting

I would have sworn they were going to give Sorc's a counterpart ability to playing with fire... that's kinda messed up.

rehtonAesoohC on
    edited November 2008
    remember though that this stuff is going to the testserver first

so make sure you're there to give feedback when it goes live <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mark on Healing stuffs:
    If because of the changes to damage we need to buff healing spells, it will be done before 1.05 goes LIVE. That's why we are putting these notes out now and putting them on the PTS first. We can make changes through the spreadsheets all we want but the real test occurs in the game and that's why we have the PTS now.

Mark

So basically, everyone who is interested needs to go to the PTS and play there for the week or however long that patch is there. And submit feedback to things that are bad. That's how stuff gets fixed.

Selner on
    edited November 2008
    Caledric wrote:
    I'm really interested in getting on the PTS now... cause I really need to look at my ability to heal now.

I didn't really notice a damage buff to rend which is our best single target heal, so that means our healing has been nerfed indeed.

Maybe the covenants will be healing for alot more and that will make up for the restore essence nerf, we'll have to see.

But to be truthful... once I got the group heal... I never really bothered with Restore essence. It's initial heal was too small and the HoT portion while decently sized just couldn't keep up with incoming damage to make it worthwhile for the cost. I just used group heal even when I only needed to heal one person, It gave me a better return.

If because of the changes to damage we need to buff healing spells, it will be done before 1.05 goes LIVE. That's why we are putting these notes out now and putting them on the PTS first. We can make changes through the spreadsheets all we want but the real test occurs in the game and that's why we have the PTS now.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It was 100%. Nice against tanks and such, but I'm not torn up about the nerf, especially with the changes to roots. And thank god Witch Hunters finally got their anti-healing bullets at r9 so they can stop fucking crying about it.

Squig Herders got some seriously big buffs (as did Shadow Warriors). Methinks I'll have to fire up my old SH alt now...

Jebu on
    edited November 2008
    Alright, I'm going to lunch - I'll post anything Jacobs says (and that doesn't get posted here before I can do it) later. :P

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Alright, I'm going to lunch - I'll post anything Jacobs says (and that doesn't get posted here before I can do it) later. :P

Hip hip...

rehtonAesoohC on
    edited November 2008
    white lions also got buffed pretty hard

more specificlly, the lion might be able to actually deal damage now <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think hovercast was removed
    Fixed an issue with the targeting system that could be used by players to gain an unfair advantage. Targeting of friendly players will now work in the same way as using abilities. Players must either use a keyboard key or click with the mouse to acquire a friendly target. To target a monster or NPC, players must click on the target in the world or /assist a friendly player. Players using our default user interface should see no change as a result of this fix.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    While roots were annoying, it was the DoTs that made BWs so lethal. Why they buffed them is insane, but I'm assuming they are doing multiple passes for career changes based on PTS feedback.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    am I seeing things or did they increase the damage of all the BW's dots across the board? (except for PwF) D:
    Detonate also had its direct damage component reduced, apparently it's DD component was bugged high. But other than that, yeah, BW DoTs hit as hard or harder than they did before. People hoping for an across-the-board BW nerf are not going to get what they want this patch, which tells me that their damage output is roughly where Mythic wants it to be. Hopefully the changes to other RDPS careers add up to bring them closer to BW output.
    Also, Ironbreakers ate some large nerfs in there, especially in regards to Grudge generation.
    I don't know how much this would actually affect me. There's no mention of changes to the Grudge generated when someone attacks me directly, and no mention of changes to the Rising Anger tactic. The way I play my IB, I tend to stay at full Grudge for long periods of time, saving moves with a Grudge cost for emergency / hip-pocket type situations. It'll just be even moreso after this next patch, I imagine.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yay for multiple SW buffs. Maybe my single target damage will feel more significant now in the outcome of the fight.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    The only buff I wanted for Shaman was for Eeek! to not be random. Was that asking for too much?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Don't make a new thread today unless you take the time to put 1.05's patch notes in the second post.

Accualt on
    edited November 2008
    Detonate also had its direct damage component reduced, apparently it's DD component was bugged high. But other than that, yeah, BW DoTs hit as hard or harder than they did before. People hoping for an across-the-board BW nerf are not going to get what they want this patch, which tells me that their damage output is roughly where Mythic wants it to be. Hopefully the changes to other RDPS careers add up to bring them closer to BW output.
    I don't know how much this would actually affect me. There's no mention of changes to the Grudge generated when someone attacks me directly, and no mention of changes to the Rising Anger tactic. The way I play my IB, I tend to stay at full Grudge for long periods of time, saving moves with a Grudge cost for emergency / hip-pocket type situations. It'll just be even moreso after this next patch, I imagine.

Eh, the DD component of Detonate (while nothing to sneeze at) doesn't even come close to the DoT portion. And now that the DoT portion does even more damage... that's gonna be some sick AOEing with it.

I imagine with the Grudge change, they don't want someone to put Oathfriend on a squishy for 2 seconds and be at full grudge. But I'm definitely concerned about grudge generation. Once we're up to 100 grudge, we're rolling, but it'll take longer to get the car started, so to speak.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Happy to see some Engineer and Magus love.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fixed an issue with the targeting system that could be used by players to gain an unfair advantage. Targeting of friendly players will now work in the same way as using abilities. Players must either use a keyboard key or click with the mouse to acquire a friendly target. To target a monster or NPC, players must click on the target in the world or /assist a friendly player. Players using our default user interface should see no change as a result of this fix.

That would make me very sad :(

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, it looks like I might start playing my Squig Herder again.

Actually do damage? Yes please!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tag wrote: »

That would make me very sad :(

Yeah I'm hoping that doesn't destroy that as I don't feel it's in any way unfair and the notes are kind of vague. I did set myself a warning flag though and will keep an eye on this. I'm hoping there is something else that was causing unfair issues.

Timmer on
    edited November 2008

Eh, the DD component of Detonate (while nothing to sneeze at) doesn't even come close to the DoT portion. And now that the DoT portion does even more damage... that's gonna be some sick AOEing with it.

I imagine with the Grudge change, they don't want someone to put Oathfriend on a squishy for 2 seconds and be at full grudge. But I'm definitely concerned about grudge generation. Once we're up to 100 grudge, we're rolling, but it'll take longer to get the car started, so to speak.

well

IB's seem to be incredible offensively, a bit too incredible even. Level 40 IB's have no problem reaching the 90-100k+, damage range in SP nowadays, and they are a bitch to kill. If this means that their DPS got nerfed somewhat to put them in line with other tanks, then I think it was a good move

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited November 2008
    rehtonAesoohC on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Awesome, I lose healing power and gain... damage?

Great changes for a healbot class!

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It all comes back to the BW core mechanism, though. Those DoT ticks can crit, and at 100/100 Combustion they have a massive crit chance and those crits do major damage. Also, last time I looked at it the running theory was that your resists don't affect the crit portion of spell damage, so it's exceptionally hard to counter BW/Sorc damage.
    If they'd gone with 10/5/2 or something instead of 5/3/1, I'd be a lot happier. The last 30-40 points of Grudge sound like they'll be a real slog. Alternately, it means most IBs will effectively have only three career tactic choices because Rising Anger will be more or less a must-have. On the plus side, for the most part they fixed bugs and/or didn't touch our CC moves (aside from fixing Shield of Reprisal to obey KD immunity), so I should still be able to do my job.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    not seeing any really bad witch elf nerfs. UH OH

tyrannus on
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    • All Bright Wizards have undergone significant changes and will need to reallocate their career mastery points as a result. Be sure to speak to your trainer right away to regain your abilities!

• Flame Breath: Affected targets will now properly receive a debuff icon.

Ok.

• Explosive Force: The damage done to the targets around the caster is now defendable.

No one uses this anyhow. Not a big deal.

• Fiery Blast: The tooltip now displays the correct damage and radius. In addition, this ability now builds the correct amount of combustion.

Ok

• Scorched Earth: This ability now builds 10 combustion.

Not a big deal for me, I use sear/nova to ramp up. I'm in favor of this change, seemed silly to be spamming spells to build combust rather than actually fighting the enemy to build it.

• Playing with Fire: The damage from this ability is only triggered when the affected player casts a direct heal and cannot do critical damage.

Over nerfed the damage portion, but I don't mind since I just use it to reduce healing on my target.

• Detonate: Fixed a bug in which this ability was receiving double stat contribution on the direct damage portion of the ability.

Makes sense, detonate was doing too much damage compared to other spells.

• Combustion will no longer start to fade away if you continue casting spells after hitting 100.

This is a buff. Nice fix.

• Fire Cage: This ability’s cost has been decreased, the cooldown has been increased and the ability is now available at rank 12.

I don't use it much anyhow. The idea is to NOT have to use it.

• Pyroclastic Surge: This ability is now available at rank 10.

Ok

• Scorched Earth: The ability should now have the correct cooldown.

Ok

• Ignite: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

DOT damage buffed? Wow nice. I'll stick with incineration though.

• Boiling Blood: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

See above.

• Detonate: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

So this spell gets a buff and nerf at same time? Odd.

• Flame Breath: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

Flame breath was horrible before, I hope this was a large increase.

• Spreading Flames: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

Ok. Underused ability, should be buffed a bit.

• Backdraft: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.

Sounds good.

Not bad changes over all. I'm not sure why they buffed the DOT line and left incineration alone since most people are already immo spec.

I would have liked to see fireball stat contribution increased to match the tooltip (should be 300% of int dps, right now it's 240% or something)

Constrictor on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy crap, read through the notes and they are fixing almost every single issue I had with my favorite classes. WHY IS MYTHIC SO GOOD AT THIS?!?

BlueDestiny on
    edited November 2008
    man, there's another thread up

let this thread die a good death

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    how do they manage it without official forums full of people QQ'n about everything

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
This discussion has been closed.