As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Does it have an 8600M in it?

A 8600M GT 128 MB, yes.

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    yeah BW's get rain of fire, but I don't see them using it as much as sorcs using their pit of shades

I don't know why this is

I think the graphic is just less obvious.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lilithium wrote: »

A 8600M GT 128 MB, yes.

Well you're in luck!

My Dell has that, 4 gigs of RAM and a C2D 7500T (2.2Ghz) and the only slowdown I really experience is during large scale RvR.

So get yourself mac camp or whatever it is you kooks use to make your Macs not expensive paperweights and help us kill some homps.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tag wrote: »
    yeah BW's get rain of fire, but I don't see them using it as much as sorcs using their pit of shades

I don't know why this is

I think the graphic is just less obvious.

nah its pretty obvious having the flames come down from the sky and the ground popping with explosions.

its more likely that they just arent doing it at that point.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So get yourself mac camp or whatever it is you kooks use
    Boot Camp. Also, yeah, you should totally be able to play WAR on a MacBook Pro when booted into Windows.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Teth wrote: »
    - I hope the "This ability isn't ready yet" issue with morale abilities is fixed before my free month is up. I don't even bother trying to use them in scenarios because of this, which negates one aspect of character customization

I don't get people's problem with this, I spam the button twice and my morale ability goes off without fail. I mean I hammer it fast in quick succession.

Accualt on
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

A 8600M GT 128 MB, yes.

Well you're in luck!

My Dell has that, 4 gigs of RAM and a C2D 7500T (2.2Ghz) and the only slowdown I really experience is during large scale RvR.

So get yourself mac camp or whatever it is you kooks use to make your Macs not expensive paperweights and help us kill some homps.

How much does it slow down?

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    - I hope the "This ability isn't ready yet" issue with morale abilities is fixed before my free month is up. I don't even bother trying to use them in scenarios because of this, which negates one aspect of character customization

I don't get people's problem with this, I spam the button twice and my morale ability goes off without fail. I mean I hammer it fast in quick succession.

Just how we like it OH!

/giggity

For me the first one is always fine. It's when the abilities are ready the second time that they bork for me. I sit there spamming F9, and my Bright Wizard shoots a bajillion mage bolt animations, but then I just get killed and it never goes off.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I don't know why this is

Probably because the rest of the BW spells are better than pit of shades anyway (ranged mortal strike lol.)

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    FUCK THE FUCKING MORALE ABILITIES

Morale lights up.

Press button.

ABILITY NOT READY

Morale fades.

Morale lights up.

Press button.

ABILITY NOT READY

Morale fades.

Morale lights up.

Press button.

ABILITY NOT READY

Morale fades.

Morale lights up.

Press button.

ABILITY NOT READY

Morale fades.

Morale lights up.

Press button.

ABILITY NOT READY

Morale fades.

Dead.
    Yes... 100,000 times yes. This was happening to me all day the other day D:

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Accualt wrote: »

I've seen my Rank 1 Morale failing to trigger for almost 10 seconds of me hammering the key. Meanwhile, that Marauder I have targeted, (Alongside with all the Order focus firing him.) dies one second after the ability is actually recharged, and the spell is wasted on me instead.

It happens at least once in every Scenario. D:

aunsoph on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

I don't know why this is

Probably because the rest of the BW spells are better than pit of shades anyway (ranged mortal strike lol.)

It's because they are too busy running around tab-target DoTing to stand still for a 10 second channel. I guess that falls under the category of "BW spells are better" though.

grrarg on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

A 8600M GT 128 MB, yes.

Well you're in luck!

How much does it slow down?

Not too much, but it is definitely noticeable. I play on 'high settings' though.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have a question about Nordenwatch. I have played probably 9-10 characters through T1 (altitis and making characters on diff servers and Beta, etc). Nordenwatch has been the Scenario I played most. i have noticed that the Order use a strat sometimes where some folks try and take the Barracks when they don't control the Fort.

I have yet to see this strat work. We always lose. What ends up happening is we don't have the forces to take the fort becuase of the guys trying to hold the Barracks (which is hard because the Dest guys spawn right there).

Is this actually valid?

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You know, the one thing I dislike about how WAR's graphics engine works is that instead of your game slowing down and you getting a noticeable dip in framerate, it starts to feel like you are playing in molasses. Does anyone else notice that?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Monkeydrye wrote: »
    I have a question about Nordenwatch. I have played probably 9-10 characters through T1 (altitis and making characters on diff servers and Beta, etc). Nordenwatch has been the Scenario I played most. i have noticed that the Order use a strat sometimes where some folks try and take the Barracks when they don't control the Fort.

I have yet to see this strat work. We always lose. What ends up happening is we don't have the forces to take the fort becuase of the guys trying to hold the Barracks (which is hard because the Dest guys spawn right there).

Is this actually valid?

That can work. The objective is to lure enough away from the fort so your main group can take the flag up there. You should only send a couple of people, and they should not actually try to defend the barracks.

The barracks ninjas should just run away. To most people, that's like waving a red cape in front of a bull. Most times, the destruction people will forget about the objectives and chase them halfway across the map. Mission accomplished.

grrarg on
  • Options
    YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Is this actually valid?

No it isn't, if you hold fort you'll win. Fort gives more than Barracks and lighthouse combined. What Grrarg says is good though. You want to fragment or string out the other team not yours.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yathrin wrote: »

Is this actually valid?

No it isn't, if you hold fort you'll win. Fort gives more than Barracks and lighthouse combined.

I saw this happen last night, where we held the Light and Barracks and lost.

I agree with the above poster about using it as a lure, but when that isn't working, give it up. Quit sending 5-6 guys on a losing proposition.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Is this actually valid?

From my understanding of Nordenwatch, holding both LH and Barracks will give just as many passive points as Fort but more points per kill than holding Fort alone. The problem with the strat is really that its too hard to defend both LH and Barracks -- if you split your forces the team holding fort can push down towards their respawn (while respawners push up toward Fort) and clear you out pretty easily without truly abandoning Fort.

Against a bad team though, 2-3 people (including a healer) going towards the point by the enemy spawn can really make the game easy for their side. They'll take/contest the point and slow down the trickle of respawning people trying to get to the Fort (through either snares, combat, or getting them to try and recap the point). A good team will just run around and head to Fort and then push from that side with the rest of their team though.

Personally I think Fort is worth too much on its own -- 1.5x LH or barracks value would be more appropriate.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    The barracks ninjas should just run away. To most people, that's like waving a red cape in front of a bull. Most times, the destruction people will forget about the objectives and chase them halfway across the map. Mission accomplished.

I always went straight for the lighthouse as soon as we had taken Barracks. 90% of the time there wouldn't be a single soul there and I could steal it uninterrupted. Then order would come charging from the fort, letting my destro buddies cap it uninterrupted.

Then we steamrolled lighthouse and kept them in the spawn for the rest of the game.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's Thursday. I wonder if we'll see that State of the Game post Mark Jacobs was talking about the other day.

grrarg on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hm. ironbreaker, or bright wizard. CHOICES

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »

Rune Priest

.... quick rant for a sec,

had a quick raid last night with our candymancers (awesome work despite being stopped at the second keep in tabelacwhatever, i'm Fya btw)

wasnt impressed with some of the other Rune Priests in the warband (from other guilds/puggers I think) blessing of valya is your friend, cast it wherever you are since the range is usually good enough to hit your party members whether you can see them or not. I see my guys getting beats , cast blessing a few times and they are good to go.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    It's Thursday. I wonder if we'll see that State of the Game post Mark Jacobs was talking about the other day.

Jacobs posted that it was done as of late last night (Wednesday), but that it would not be posted until Friday morning (has to be translated into multiple languages for GOA).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    darkmayo wrote: »

Rune Priest

had a quick raid last night with our candymancers (awesome work despite being stopped at the second keep in tabelacwhatever, i'm Fya btw)

wasnt impressed with some of the other Rune Priests in the warband (from other guilds/puggers I think) blessing of valya is your friend, cast it wherever you are since the range is usually good enough to hit your party members whether you can see them or not. I see my guys getting beats , cast blessing a few times and they are good to go.

Of course, since you didn't see the state of those particular healers' action point bars, it's kind of hard to determine what they should or should not be casting at any particular time. Right?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i've met a lot of healers that wouldn't know shit. most of them are archmages.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ugh I can't decide if I should play my 23 sorceress or 20 witch elf now :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Rune Priest

ahh otay what's goin on i think i was talkin to you yesterday about somethin.

/a action.

i'm heading in now, anyone else wana play les dooo itt.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Rune Priest

Of course, since you didn't see the state of those particular healers' action point bars, it's kind of hard to determine what they should or should not be casting at any particular time. Right?

that excuse doesnt cut it when the healers are showing up as full hitpoints yet there group is down to about 50%. I like raining lightning and fire down as much as the next guy but if me cooking a desty means my party dies then I have failed as healer.

And blessing doesnt cost that much action to cast. People wonder why we get rolled by destruction.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Ugh I can't decide if I should play my 23 sorceress or 20 witch elf now :(

if they have good healers your sorc will do a lot of damage. and maybe get some killing blows. witch elf is a lot better at totally assassinating healers. the kills you make are a bit more precise.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah that's kind of my problem

With the Sorc it's a bit like the magus: I do a lot of damage to everyone but it doesn't necessarily come fast enough for someone to actually die before I do because their fucking brights loaded me up with detonate boiling blood and ignite (maybe that will change at 25 when I get hand of ruin)

With the Witch Elf I'm lucky to kill two squishy targets before I die--let's face it, even with stealth this game is VERY unfriendly to melee--but at least something dies.

And I'm kind of a sucker for seeing lots of numbers, that doesn't help :(

(edit) It ALSO doesn't help that with my Witch Elf I'm very uncertain about what spec I want (besides picking up Kiss of Doom being very mandatory) whereas with my Sorc I have a very clear idea

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Rune Priest

that excuse doesnt cut it when the healers are showing up as full hitpoints yet there group is down to about 50%. I like raining lightning and fire down as much as the next guy but if me cooking a desty means my party dies then I have failed as healer.

And blessing doesnt cost that much action to cast. People wonder why we get rolled by destruction.

Well, I'm not necessarily looking at making excuses for dps-healers. What I am saying is that you might not have all of the information necessary to make an informed judgement.

I'll give you an example (and this happens almost nightly, and it's almost a guarantee to happen in the first PuG of the night). I'll be the only healer in the scenario. Just me. Now, I'm a 30/27 archmage, full heal spec, don't even have damage spells on my primary bar because I don't have the AP / time to cast them.

There is absolutely no chance that I can heal an entire scenario by myself. None. Whether it's a player skill constraint, time constraint, abilities constraint, I can't say.

So what's going to happen? I'm going to get bitched at, because no matter what I do, I can't keep everyone up. No amount of running in front of me, jumping around me, and screaming at me is going to make my AP bar fill faster, or make my heals cast faster. No amount of casting a highly inefficient group heal (four consecutive casts of that, and my AP bar is done) is going to save the freelancing dps guy that couldn't stay in range, or ran out of LoS (because there's a pebble between him and I).

Now - it's possible that I'm woefully ill-informed of what the capabilities of a Rune Priest are (I haven't played one, and have no intention of playing one). But it's not too cool to bag on some folks that might be busting their ass, but you don't know it because they're not helping you at that particular moment.

tldr: Archmage rants about healing expectations for the 874th time since the game was released.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Question for the Destruction Sorcs - do you guys get a version of cauterize (the BW hex/curse self-removal spell). I'm just curious.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Question for the Destruction Sorcs - do you guys get a version of cauterize (the BW hex/curse self-removal spell). I'm just curious.

Nope!

fuckers

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    good. fuck sorcs

t1 and t2 scenarios are awful when no one can healing debuff

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Really? Wow - that's crazy! Do sorcerers get something that BW do not?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    A fairly lame cone aoe dot

uhhhh

an uncancellable buff that makes you do 10% more damage to your target but -10% to everything else

uhhhh

triumphant blasting and infernal gift I guess

Ledneh on
  • Options
    YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't think BW get the stackable will debuff that blows up at the end of it's time limit.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    actually we too get a lame cone aoe dot - and no, we get detonate. :3

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    actually we too get a lame cone aoe dot - and no, we get detonate. :3

Right I'm convinced, playing my witch elf so I can murdelize every one of you and your bastard kin, fatty

at least until mythic's career team gets off their collective dead fucking asses and does some balancing

Ledneh on
This discussion has been closed.