[WoW] Workin' for the Weekend: The Profession Thread

2456780

Posts

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, that'll be the case until a few more days pass and there's more overlap on the minors. Once you have 2-3+ people putting them up, I imagine the price will drop dramatically. The only reason they're selling hard now is that most people have at most 2 minors to make, and in my case, I think I only have one.

    I'm really not looking forward to going over my glyph list AGAIN with a fine toothed comb, trying to see where that damned Minor is, if it exists at all.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm really not looking forward to going over my glyph list AGAIN with a fine toothed comb, trying to see where that damned Minor is, if it exists at all.

    Hmm, I haven't had a reason to try yet. What happens when you type the word 'minor' into the search feature?

    TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm really not looking forward to going over my glyph list AGAIN with a fine toothed comb, trying to see where that damned Minor is, if it exists at all.

    Hmm, I haven't had a reason to try yet. What happens when you type the word 'minor' into the search feature?

    it brings up a picture of hannah montana

    i even found it daunting to search through an inscription list and the AH for major/minors

    Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    From the base trainers in the Azeroth cities; no. However, the Master trainer in HFP (for Alliance, at least, I'm not sure where the Horde trainer is, but I assume it's in HFP too) there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.
    The next time someone argues with me that the expansion and/or patch weren't rushed to release, I'm going to use this point.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong; you can be ANY level of Inscription to mill ANY herb, correct?

    Welcome to the new Enchanting Alt. Inscription Alts? Don't want to jump through hoops? Everyone should go make a level 5 ANYTHING, make them a Scribe, and then just keep a stash of milled pigments on hand. It's like Enchanting, but with plant parts.
    You're wrong. You need a certain skill level to mill it, otherwise the "Millable" text is in red, and if you try to mill it, it will tell you what skill you need. Now why it doesn't just tell you what skill you need on the herb without having to attempt to mill it, I do not know.

    I found another thing I don't like about inscription though:

    Why does it make BoP tomes? Yeah, I know eventually it will be able to make BoP shoulder enchants, but why is one of the "self-only perks" of inscription only applicable to three and two-thirds classes? Lame. At least let them be BoE and have a level requirement instead of an inscription requirement so my inscriber can actually make use of the stupid things.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    <--- Stands corrected on the topic of milling.

    That said, I don't mind the BoP tomes. Sure, they're nothing special 2 years into the expansion, but I'm quietly hoping that the WLK ones with early Northrend herbs are pretty badass. Be nice to have some powerful epic ones available at 450, either with the expansion or part of a later content patch.

    I mean, all kinds of professions get all kinds of BoP stuff. We've yet to see how things go with demand for inscriptions as to whether or not it remains a money maker, but 2 days in I'm quite happy with what we've gotten so far.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Starfuck wrote: »
    you know what i hate about insciption
    is trying to figure out the mats to give to a guildie to make me something
    i was like hey man, what herbs to make this or that
    he was like aw shit, gimme a minute i better write this down

    Yeah, this. People are still pretty confused by the whole thing, even though I can link them the profession list. I'm thinking I should just start telling people "give me whatever herbs you have or a few gold" and keeping my own stash of inks, instead of things like this: "What's [this glyph] take?" "Umm.. ::looks up ink, tabs out to see which herbs make that pigment, multiplies:: Like ten
      ." "Oh, damn, I have two of those kinds but not the third herb." "Er no, just ten total." etc.

    riz on
    Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    <--- Stands corrected on the topic of milling.

    That said, I don't mind the BoP tomes. Sure, they're nothing special 2 years into the expansion, but I'm quietly hoping that the WLK ones with early Northrend herbs are pretty badass. Be nice to have some powerful epic ones available at 450, either with the expansion or part of a later content patch.

    I mean, all kinds of professions get all kinds of BoP stuff.
    And which non-armor based professions make BoP stuff that's only useful for the 3 cloth classes and druids? It's not really the same thing as, say, Engineering BoP items, since all classes can make use of them.

    My complaint comes from my inscriber being a rogue, so he gets absolutely nothing from the tome aspect of the profession. He's also an alchemist, and he can make BoP trinkets that are useful to him (and other classes can make BoP trinkets that are useful for them). It doesn't really make sense to compare it to, say, a rogue with tailoring complaining about making BoP robes and stuff because it's not an armor-generating profession. I thought it would be class-neutral, like Enchanting, Engineering, Alchemy, and Jewelcrafting.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There is something coming; awesome shoulder enchants.

    Sure, it sucks that we can't get them now, but it's coming.

    And at my count, 6 classes can justifiably use the offhands. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shields as well (and are often more likely to, because that's a gigantic amount of armour) doesn't make it impossible for them to use the tomes as well.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    There is something coming; awesome shoulder enchants.

    Sure, it sucks that we can't get them now, but it's coming.

    And at my count, 6 classes can justifiably use the offhands. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shields as well (and are often more likely to, because that's a gigantic amount of armour) doesn't make it impossible for them to use the tomes as well.
    It does, however, make it terrible and retarded for them to use the tomes. Also, that still doesn't even cover half the possible class specs in the game, since ret and prot paladins are not going to use the tomes, and neither are enhancement shamans. That's really a straw-graspy point, though, when you consider the comparison to every non-armor crafting profession.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why are you excluding the armour crafting professions, other than because they do have VERY specific fields of use by class.

    Having limited usefulness for one small part of a profession doesn't make it a bad profession. Sure, I wouldn't mind having something useful to everybody like Alchemy or Jewelcrafting, but between glyphs, cards, and enchants, it seems like a really small thing to be annoyed by.

    Hell, they said that Jewelcrafting would be the profession that could make fist weapons. I think it can make like 3 of them, all level 60 and below as I recall. OH NOES!

    What do you propose they could've done that wouldn't have been broken and applied to all 30 specs in the game? An improved version of every glyph? Too hard to balance, too much effort. I liked the old 4/2 Major/Minor split, or an extra minor slot, but again, too hard to balance, I suspect.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Why are you excluding the armour crafting professions, other than because they do have VERY specific fields of use by class.
    Because with those professions, creating armor (or in one case, weapons too) is their primary function. A hunter picking up tailoring just shouldn't expect particularly useful BoP results.
    Having limited usefulness for one small part of a profession doesn't make it a bad profession.
    Well, I found problem #1 in this discussion right here: You're gonna have to track down for me where I posted that it's a bad profession, because I can't seem to find it.
    Sure, I wouldn't mind having something useful to everybody like Alchemy or Jewelcrafting, but between glyphs, cards, and enchants, it seems like a really small thing to be annoyed by.

    Hell, they said that Jewelcrafting would be the profession that could make fist weapons. I think it can make like 3 of them, all level 60 and below as I recall. OH NOES!
    Are the fist weapons Jewelcrafting makes BoP?
    What do you propose they could've done that wouldn't have been broken
    Well, like I already posted, the tomes could have been BoE with level requirements, so then my one inscriber could make potentially useful off hand items for my warlock or druid.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The vast majority of the things tailoring makes are BoE (as with most professions which happen to craft armour). A few select pieces happen to be BoP. Just because Inscription doesn't make armour doesn't mean that it's exempt from the "professions have things that are BoP that are better for some classes than others" rule. And as noted, 6/10 classes is a pretty damned good showing. Furthermore, if that's the only BoP thing they make (currently), why not make your warlock or mage your Scribe? Other professions interfering? Well, that's the choice we all had to make.

    Fine, you didn't call it a bad profession. You're still whining about tomes that are 'okay' items for over half the classes in the game. So sorry your rogue isn't a bookish sort. My Hunter isn't very comfortable in robes, but she's a Primal Mooncloth Tailor all the same.

    The fist weapons are not BoP, no. They are, however (and far as I know) the only crafted ones in the game, and yet they suck. OH NOES!

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    From the base trainers in the Azeroth cities; no. However, the Master trainer in HFP (for Alliance, at least, I'm not sure where the Horde trainer is, but I assume it's in HFP too) there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.
    The next time someone argues with me that the expansion and/or patch weren't rushed to release, I'm going to use this point.

    There are bottlenecks in every profession, I don't think it's unreasonable that at times you have to get some green skillups.

    At least you don't need rods or a Salt Shaker.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Really, the 290-300 'bottleneck' is *nothing* like some of the others we've seen. Consider post-225 enchanting before TBC. It's just as noticeable as it is because 0-290 is so well thought out.

    TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Are any other "bottlenecks" created by needing something that your profession can craft at a higher skill level?
    Why is there a pre-300 recipe that requires an item you can't make until after you are at 300?

    Seg on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Starfuck wrote: »
    you know what i hate about insciption
    is trying to figure out the mats to give to a guildie to make me something
    i was like hey man, what herbs to make this or that
    he was like aw shit, gimme a minute i better write this down
    Compared to Engineering, Inscription is a perfect example of simplicity in tradeskills. At least you only need one type of ink per glyph. A normal engineering item is made out of cloth/leather, bars, stones, vendor-bought items, gems and then engineering-made parts, that are often even made out of other parts. Special items then need additional essences etc. of course.

    Grobian on
    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes Inscription is simple, but when leveling through Engineering do you ever reach an item you can't make because you need an item you will be able to make once you get a bit higher?

    Seg on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Yes Inscription is simple, but when leveling through Engineering do you ever reach an item you can't make because you need an item you will be able to make once you get a bit higher?
    Only if you want to count [Fused Wiring], but I wasn't even arguing with you.

    Grobian on
    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Yes Inscription is simple, but when leveling through Engineering do you ever reach an item you can't make because you need an item you will be able to make once you get a bit higher?

    I don't see the difference between that and requiring a bizarre item made by some other profession at high levels, requiring you to pay exorbitant prices at the AH (just what you'd pay for this ink, really) or get the mats for someone else to make it for you (also what you'd do with this ink).

    Or needed elementals to get any higher, when the enemies that drop them might be higher level than you and take days of farming. Doesn't that work out to the same sort of time frame?

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of Engineering...

    My mage is my last non-70 character. She's floating around 60 right now (Used Recruit-Friend to boost her fast). She's a maxed-out engineer (gnome, no less). My friend and I GM our own guilds, as well as each other's... and he finally quit playing (didn't like WotLK) and gave me the 2nd guild (bank nice and full). I found some Nethers in the bank... Which leads to my question:

    Is it still worth it to make the Mage Engineering Epic Goggles and level 62, or will they be replaced too soon after WotLK?

    Thanks

    GPIA7R on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd say, they are worth it. Everything you build out of the Nethers will be replaced in WotLK. And getting goggles with 62 is just great. They are lvl 127 epics, which puts them slightly above T4.

    Also it's just one Primal Nether. That is like 20g or what?

    Grobian on
    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    From the base trainers in the Azeroth cities; no. However, the Master trainer in HFP (for Alliance, at least, I'm not sure where the Horde trainer is, but I assume it's in HFP too) there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.
    The next time someone argues with me that the expansion and/or patch weren't rushed to release, I'm going to use this point.

    There are bottlenecks in every profession, I don't think it's unreasonable that at times you have to get some green skillups.

    At least you don't need rods or a Salt Shaker.
    I'm more referring to this:
    there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    The vast majority of the things tailoring makes are BoE (as with most professions which happen to craft armour). A few select pieces happen to be BoP.
    And those few select pieces are also used by the same classes that use the majority of the output of those professions. This is not true of Inscription (or JC, Engineering, Enchanting, Alchemy), thus that comparison is a poor one.
    Just because Inscription doesn't make armour doesn't mean that it's exempt from the "professions have things that are BoP that are better for some classes than others" rule.
    Why not? All the other non-armor professions are.
    And as noted, 6/10 classes is a pretty damned good showing. Furthermore, if that's the only BoP thing they make (currently), why not make your warlock or mage your Scribe? Other professions interfering? Well, that's the choice we all had to make.

    Fine, you didn't call it a bad profession. You're still whining about tomes that are 'okay' items for over half the classes in the game. So sorry your rogue isn't a bookish sort. My Hunter isn't very comfortable in robes, but she's a Primal Mooncloth Tailor all the same.

    The fist weapons are not BoP, no. They are, however (and far as I know) the only crafted ones in the game, and yet they suck. OH NOES!
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    From the base trainers in the Azeroth cities; no. However, the Master trainer in HFP (for Alliance, at least, I'm not sure where the Horde trainer is, but I assume it's in HFP too) there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.
    The next time someone argues with me that the expansion and/or patch weren't rushed to release, I'm going to use this point.

    There are bottlenecks in every profession, I don't think it's unreasonable that at times you have to get some green skillups.

    At least you don't need rods or a Salt Shaker.
    I'm more referring to this:
    there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.

    I know you are. But that doesn't mean you literally can't make any headway, there are green skills that take you to 300. How else do you think people got Ethereal Ink in the first place?

    It's just a bottleneck and no more annoying or costly (once the hype dies down) than the other profession bottlenecks.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.

    They're now wearing a Karazhan level shield, so I guess I already outgear them, but had they been available 2 years ago, y'know, I might've just been tempted to make one of them my Scribe. My priest is, however, a scribe, and I look forward to some awesome tome action in the expansion. /cheer

    My point in regards to JC is that Blizzard told us that we'd finally be able to make fist weapons. And upon checking my rogue's JC'ing it seems that this is technically true; he can make one. And it's, like, level 45.

    Like staves, bows, and other assorted items, people have been asking for years to be able to make fist weapons. So apparently Blizzard included one as a joke. Having an odd little item thrown into a profession (BOE, BOP or BtA) is fine by me, and as much as I wouldn't have minded being able to provide nice weapons for my rogue with a non-'weapon crafting' profession, oh well, it didn't happen.

    But that's an aside. The heart of the matter is that you expressed displeasure with tomes being BoP, and I disagree that it's any kind of oversight. Some professions work better for some classes, and if tomes are that good, then I guess this becomes the first non-"armour crafting" profession that this is true of. If they're not a big deal (and from what I've seen, they're not) it's a non-issue, and thus we've both expended way more time typing and pondering a non-issue.

    So which is it? A big deal for some rare level, already outdated tomes? Or a not big deal that you've found yourself fixated on, and that I should just agree to disagree with you on?

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Grobian wrote: »
    Starfuck wrote: »
    you know what i hate about insciption
    is trying to figure out the mats to give to a guildie to make me something
    i was like hey man, what herbs to make this or that
    he was like aw shit, gimme a minute i better write this down
    Compared to Engineering, Inscription is a perfect example of simplicity in tradeskills. At least you only need one type of ink per glyph. A normal engineering item is made out of cloth/leather, bars, stones, vendor-bought items, gems and then engineering-made parts, that are often even made out of other parts. Special items then need additional essences etc. of course.

    I find it odd that inscription requires nothing except herbs and parchments bought from a vendor. Every other profession involves other professions or drops from the world in some way, whether it be buckles for LW or leather for some tailoring patterns, or elemental water and citrines and whatnot. In a way it's nice because you don't have to go trudging through Azeroth to level it up at 70, but it's kind of disappointing that none of the patterns are interesting.

    I hope there will eventually be BoP glyph patterns from raids or ones from exalted reputations. The fact that everyone can make everything (except minor glyphs for a few weeks and then even those) is bleh.

    riz on
    Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blizzard has said they plan on adding many new Glyphs as well as certain incentives to being an "Inscriptionist" in the future. They just did not want to give all the cool stuff at once and give them the ability to "grow" the profession.

    Jungleskye on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ok, this is odd to say the least. Last night I hit 275 Bsmithing with my paladin and headed out to Tanaris to get my Imperial Plate Bracers plan. The quest giver was offering everything BUT the Bracers. Is there a prereq I'm missing? Or am I doing something else wrong?

    EDIT: doh. Ignore. I just realized I used to be a Blacksmith. If you drop Blacksmithing the quest is essentially "done" and you can't get the plans again.

    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User
    edited October 2008
    At one time, there were a couple of enchanting patterns that required a rod you couldn't make yet, but they've been corrected. The last time I checked WotLK enchants, there were some patterns this is true for on the way (may have been corrected since).

    TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    From the base trainers in the Azeroth cities; no. However, the Master trainer in HFP (for Alliance, at least, I'm not sure where the Horde trainer is, but I assume it's in HFP too) there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.
    The next time someone argues with me that the expansion and/or patch weren't rushed to release, I'm going to use this point.

    There are bottlenecks in every profession, I don't think it's unreasonable that at times you have to get some green skillups.

    At least you don't need rods or a Salt Shaker.
    I'm more referring to this:
    there are some recipes you can learn around 295 or so, which do use Ethereal ink, but you can't make Ethereal ink until 300 itself.

    I know you are. But that doesn't mean you literally can't make any headway, there are green skills that take you to 300. How else do you think people got Ethereal Ink in the first place?

    It's just a bottleneck and no more annoying or costly (once the hype dies down) than the other profession bottlenecks.
    I got my inscriber to 350 without paying someone to make me Ethereal Ink, so you're not explaining anything new to me here. I'm making the same point Seg is, which it appears cannot be refuted.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?
    My point in regards to JC is that Blizzard told us that we'd finally be able to make fist weapons. And upon checking my rogue's JC'ing it seems that this is technically true; he can make one. And it's, like, level 45.

    Like staves, bows, and other assorted items, people have been asking for years to be able to make fist weapons. So apparently Blizzard included one as a joke. Having an odd little item thrown into a profession (BOE, BOP or BtA) is fine by me, and as much as I wouldn't have minded being able to provide nice weapons for my rogue with a non-'weapon crafting' profession, oh well, it didn't happen.
    But instead, you were able to make trinkets that had value for any class (including your rogue). You're using the fist weapon fake out to completely ignore the fact that JC makes BoP trinkets.
    But that's an aside. The heart of the matter is that you expressed displeasure with tomes being BoP, and I disagree that it's any kind of oversight.
    And here you've done it again. Where did I say it's an oversight?
    So which is it? A big deal for some rare level, already outdated tomes? Or a not big deal that you've found yourself fixated on, and that I should just agree to disagree with you on?
    Neither, actually. How are the tomes outdated if you're leveling up a character with inscription?

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?

    I've used non-shield offhands to heal on my Shaman and Paladin, too. You only need a shield for PvP healing. In PvE, you might aswell hold a dead trout in your offhand aslong as it gives good enough healing stats and no one will care.

    reVerse on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Starfuck wrote: »
    you know what i hate about insciption
    is trying to figure out the mats to give to a guildie to make me something
    i was like hey man, what herbs to make this or that
    he was like aw shit, gimme a minute i better write this down
    Compared to Engineering, Inscription is a perfect example of simplicity in tradeskills. At least you only need one type of ink per glyph. A normal engineering item is made out of cloth/leather, bars, stones, vendor-bought items, gems and then engineering-made parts, that are often even made out of other parts. Special items then need additional essences etc. of course.

    I find it odd that inscription requires nothing except herbs and parchments bought from a vendor. Every other profession involves other professions or drops from the world in some way, whether it be buckles for LW or leather for some tailoring patterns, or elemental water and citrines and whatnot. In a way it's nice because you don't have to go trudging through Azeroth to level it up at 70, but it's kind of disappointing that none of the patterns are interesting.
    ?

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn dude, why would you ever link to Thottbot? Are you trying to give us viruses and trojans?

    reVerse on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?

    I've used non-shield offhands to heal on my Shaman and Paladin, too. You only need a shield for PvP healing. In PvE, you might aswell hold a dead trout in your offhand aslong as it gives good enough healing stats and no one will care.
    I can't say I've been in too many PvE situations where I haven't been hit by physical attacks at some point or another. I'd rather have a few thousand more armor than +10 spell power, since the former is more likely to make a difference than the latter. I've never not used a shield on my shaman and paladin.
    reVerse wrote: »
    Damn dude, why would you ever link to Thottbot? Are you trying to give us viruses and trojans?
    It's the only link I could seem to snag through Google thanks to the internet filter.

    I've gone to Thottbot without ever getting a virus or trojan, but maybe I just suck too much at the internet?

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?

    I've used non-shield offhands to heal on my Shaman and Paladin, too. You only need a shield for PvP healing. In PvE, you might aswell hold a dead trout in your offhand aslong as it gives good enough healing stats and no one will care.
    I can't say I've been in too many PvE situations where I haven't been hit by physical attacks at some point or another. I'd rather have a few thousand more armor than +10 spell power, since the former is more likely to make a difference than the latter. I've never not used a shield on my shaman and paladin.

    Don't run with shitty tanks. Problem solved.

    reVerse on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?

    I've used non-shield offhands to heal on my Shaman and Paladin, too. You only need a shield for PvP healing. In PvE, you might aswell hold a dead trout in your offhand aslong as it gives good enough healing stats and no one will care.
    I can't say I've been in too many PvE situations where I haven't been hit by physical attacks at some point or another. I'd rather have a few thousand more armor than +10 spell power, since the former is more likely to make a difference than the latter. I've never not used a shield on my shaman and paladin.

    Don't run with shitty tanks. Problem solved.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Never mind that a tank can't really do anything to prevent mobs that do a random charge on other targets or to stop some incapacitates, right?

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    forty wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Let me know if you find any shamans or paladins actually using the tomes.

    I don't understand your point in bringing up the JC fist weapons.

    I have both a 70 shaman and a 70 paladin who have used non-shield offhands for healing. Thank you.
    You'd be the first I've ever seen. Grats. Are you getting any of the straws?

    I've used non-shield offhands to heal on my Shaman and Paladin, too. You only need a shield for PvP healing. In PvE, you might aswell hold a dead trout in your offhand aslong as it gives good enough healing stats and no one will care.
    I can't say I've been in too many PvE situations where I haven't been hit by physical attacks at some point or another. I'd rather have a few thousand more armor than +10 spell power, since the former is more likely to make a difference than the latter. I've never not used a shield on my shaman and paladin.

    Don't run with shitty tanks. Problem solved.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Never mind that a tank can't really do anything to prevent mobs that do a random charge on other targets or to stop some incapacitates, right?

    Well, maybe the problem is that you suck. If a Priest in their cloth armor and a Druid in their leather armor can survive getting hit by a mob, what's your excuse for not surviving in mail/plate? Seriously, just stop sucking so much.

    reVerse on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I got lucky and learned a neat minor glyph apparently no one else has yet. I've already sold a bunch on the AH in the first hour. It's like printing my own money.

    Poketpixie on
Sign In or Register to comment.