As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Workin' for the Weekend: The Profession Thread

1747576777880»

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes I realised my math was wrong :P, feel a bit like a tard now but I guess that's what 3 months without uni does to you...

Anyhow, the more you know!

Daxon on
  • meowmix_2000meowmix_2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have a shaman alt that is almost 80 that has no professions. I just want the +spellpower bonus from 2 crafting professions. Which are the easiest and cheapest to powerlevel? I'm thinking inscription for one because my main is inscription and herbalism. That leaves leatherworking, jewelcrafting, blacksmithing,enchanting, or tailoring. Which of those is the least expensive? I only need to get to 400 for the bonus, or 420 with tailoring for the lightweave embroidery enchant.

meowmix_2000 on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would think, out of those, that tailoring would be least expensive.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is a SP bonus for having 2 crafting professions at 400??

of those, yes Tailoring is easier, but with JC you can at least get good self only gems. If you're going to do something, why half-ass it?

mturalon on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Every profession has stat bonuses only usable if you're 400+ in it.

Tailoring has cloak enchants. Very, very good cloak enchants. All of the bonuses are approximately equal, especially now that JC gems aren't prismatic anymore.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alchemy is pretty cheap. Also if you are a raider, the 2x flask bonus is amazing.

frylocked on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would do JC if i had the choice over again

is there something with alchemy that is usable in arena?

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Endless potions used to be, now only the Flask of the North is usable in arenas.

Arrath on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are Endless Potions reusable in the same battle? IE are the off the normal potion cooldown?

And where does one get the recipe for Runescroll of Fortitude? Wowhead doesn't seem to have ti yet.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • BuddhaRockstarBuddhaRockstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, endless potions share the same cooldown as regular, however I find them pretty handy because you can use them in situations you wouldn't normally waste a potion on, like trash and such.

BuddhaRockstar on
    camo_sig.png
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Endless potions are part of my Druid's "Oh Shit" button, which also includes the herbalism heal, feral self-heal, trinket heal, and various other (every) instant cast without a GCD. It's fun :P

So last night I decided on a whim to give my 76 Warrior Engineering. She's already a Grand Master scribe, but never had a 2nd profession. I plowed through level 1 to 225 of engineering within an hour. Didn't cost much, typically overbought on the materials, maybe about 30g total.

Tonight I vow to have the level 72 Northrend tanking goggles.

GPIA7R on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Endless potions are part of my Druid's "Oh Shit" button, which also includes the herbalism heal, feral self-heal, trinket heal, and various other (every) instant cast without a GCD. It's fun :P

So last night I decided on a whim to give my 76 Warrior Engineering. She's already a Grand Master scribe, but never had a 2nd profession. I plowed through level 1 to 225 of engineering within an hour. Didn't cost much, typically overbought on the materials, maybe about 30g total.

Tonight I vow to have the level 72 Northrend tanking goggles.

Yea that 30g cost is about to go right through the roof. Or my server prices are just high (yay Cenarion Circle).

I recently did 1-375 blacksmithing and 300-375 engineering x2 on a pair of alts. Once you get to the mithril level things start getting stupid expensive.

If you have a miner available buying ore will probably be cheaper, just keep in mind it takes a lot. If i remember right 300-375 eng took something like 600 fell iron bars among other things.

Also at ~350 skill you can go to Northrend to get the entry level trainer recipes. This will probably be much cheaper than making outland recipes. Cobalt is like 10g a stack on my server, adamantium is ~60.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, looking forward to it. =/

Also, to those above: Levelling end-engineering is easiest as a Goblin Engineer, by far. The super-mega-zomg-jihad-terrorist-sapper-charge takes barely anything to make, and stays orange/yellow further than Knives. I never made a single knife on my way to the end-goggles.

GPIA7R on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I spent the last few weeks using Minor Inscription Research to level up my baby scribe one point a day since it's red until 125 and then it's yellow till 135 and uses cheaper mats than anything else you can make in that range.

Opty on
  • pellypelly Registered User new member
    Oko wrote: »
    deowolf wrote: »
    deowolf wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm coming back to the game after a few months, and the old debate I used to have with myself is still there - why do I keep blacksmithing? I've never used anything I've made, and I've never really made anything for any profit. It's just not a trade skill I enjoy. But I'm sitting around 360 skill on it.

You could also finish leveling Blacksmithing and enjoy two free sockets. Eternal Belt Buckles and Titanium Plating seem to be slow but somewhat steady income as well, and new 80s always need titansteel stuff made.

I just don't know. Maybe tonight I'll get drunk, log in, and see what happens.
    I recently finished up blacksmithing and I must say, the Titansteel gear sells like hotcakes on my server probably due to all the people trying to equip their alternate specs as quickly as possible. Just to give you an idea, materials for the Titansteel DPS helm are 350g off the AH while the finished item sells for 600g.

If you have the gold for it, just buy out all the titansteel on the AH (my server will normally have 10 - 15 up) and force people to buy finished products instead of trolling for the mats and then spamming trade for someone to make it for them.
    You have finished the blacksmithing? That's great. congratulations! I just played wow for a short time and i am a beginner. so could you give me some suggestions or warcraft blacksmithing guide? Thanks a lot in advance.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    You realize you posted a reply to a post that's over 4 years old?