As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ideas for customizing my motorcycle to profess my love for gaming?

CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Games and Technology
custom_1223954921280_Miyamotorcycle640x480.jpg

So I got a motorcycle a couple months ago... now you know what I've been doing for the past several months. ;) I'm not a gear-head or performance enthusiast (partly why I got a dinky little 250cc bike), so I'm not interested in those kind of customizations, but I'm a gamer with a particular affinity for Nintendo and I'm finding it hard to resist the call to customize.

Before getting it, I thought I was getting "Passion Red" and thought that it would be easy to slap a Nintendo logo or something on it (red being Nintendo's color w/ white on red logos being common). When that deal fell through and "Candy Plasma Blue" was my only option, I figured that my impulse to express my love of Nintendo/games would fade. It's been two months, 2,500 miles, and it hasn't faded. I saw this (Miyamotorcycle drawing) today and it was the tipping point that finally made me come here and just ask. Of course, I'm not looking to do anything gaudy as that suggests. ;) I got a lot of cool suggestions here years ago when I asked about hats and shirts, so I figured I'd check back for how you guys customize your rides.

I sometimes slip my "Game Over" Goomba hat under the windscreen while I wear my helmet, as if that counts. :D When I pull into the apartment and see someone with Rapture (Bioshock) and GTA IV stickers, I feel that even todays mainstream gamers have one-upped my own dedication to "hardcore classic and modern gaming." I don't wanna do anything crazy, like paint a $100 rear seat cowl like a Koopa shell (the whole point is to enhance the "sport bike" look), but I don't wanna do things lazy and uninspired like slapping the same Apple and GTA logos on my bike that everyone got in their iPhone and GTAIV packages (certainly not unique).

The only thing I've done is slap a "55+ MPG" sticker over the brake light, so my bike's still 100% stock. I've seen them in dealerships going with 400mies on them where the previous ower still installed an aftermarket exhaust and performed a fender chop, so I'm way behind. It's going to be my primary transportation when I move to San Diego.

czroes_ninja_250r_ex250j_thumbnail.jpg

CZroe on

• FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe a Blue Falcon theme?

Or just get "Show Me Your Moves" painted on the side.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well obviously you need to mod it in a way that can hold the many lesser swords that you combine to create your ultimate sword for which to dispatch evil and people with mother issues with.

Buttcleft on
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Too bad you can't repaint at least the front of it to look like a Bullet Bill.

Or you can just slap on a crowbar, cattle prod, or some nunchuks, and just leave it at that with a Road Rash reference. :P

Edit: Oh wait! It's already blue! What about something Sonic the Hedgehog? Get some red rims to be like Sonic's feet. I know it's not "Nintendo", but.....

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm thinking about Excitebike pixel art, though I'm sure people will constantly point out that it's the wrong kinda bike.

Road Rash? :D I already carry brass knuckles in my tank bag (sometimes under the rear seat)... I'm not kidding. For Sonic? Alternating red and white stripes!

F-Zero?! Another awesome idea. If I had a red helmet, I'd totally get some fin stickers for the front too.

CZroe on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think the Ninja is perfect for repainting to look like Samus' space ship.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I agree with the Blue Falcon, that'd be sweet. I can't remember what number he was, but slap it on the side.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    CZRoe! Good to see you again. I like the F-Zero idea the best, that would be awesome since your bike is already the perfect color.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MH79 wrote: »
    I agree with the Blue Falcon, that'd be sweet. I can't remember what number he was, but slap it on the side.

The number on the Blue Falcon is 07.

About the Nintendo logo, I don't see anything wrong with having it in blue instead of red. I think there's actually a few games where the Nintendo logo is blue.

Peewi on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    MH79 wrote: »

The number on the Blue Falcon is 07.

About the Nintendo logo, I don't see anything wrong with having it in blue instead of red. I think there's actually a few games where the Nintendo logo is blue.

The Japanese version of Metroid Prime had a blue Nintendo logo.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, Blue Falcon seems like it would be easy, cheap, and just obscure enough to still benefit from a white Nintendo logo on the tank. My brother and I have been talking about doing Sonic since the early replies, but now that I've started researching it, it seems like all the same ideas would work better for the Blue Falcon.

Some friends have gotten white automotive lettering at a local sign shop, so I'll definitely talk to them.

For both, I ultimately want the rear seat cowl, a fender eliminator kit and, at least until I could afford painting them, some rim stripes:
    imgp1073.jpg
    (I'd sure like that fender eliminator kit too!).

If I did Sonic, I think I'd go with white hand-grips (gloves), red rims with a white rectangle through them (shoes), a white "alternate line" classic SEGA logo on each side of the tank, and a white front number-plate (eyes).
    2011.028FrontPlate.jpg

I started thinking that the white and red wheels would blur in motion to be pink, so I thought better of it and figured that some red and white rear number plates might be enough:
    2011.2c.2.jpg

Now, That rear number plate seems like the perfect place to put some Blue Falcon rudder colors:
    captain_falcon_nintendo_f-zero.jpg

I could put "07" on the front and sides with the Blue Falcon's perpendicular stripe filling inside the groove leading up to the angled fairing cuts on both side... not exactly perpendicular anymore but it might work. If not, plan B is to get a rear seat cover with the strap colored like the Blue Falcon's stripe:
    AS_Red_DN_Black_SCORPION_installed-600x494.jpg
    I ordered samples from these guys and the blue was kinda blotchy. :(

White Nintendo logos on each side of the gas tank of course. ;)

If this rear tire hugger were available in CP Blue, I'd be all over it (even at $140+ shipping :():
    hugger6.jpg

The only thing left would be a Blue Falcón outfit, X the Eliminator's red mask, the Crest on Birdman's helmet, and Reducto's ray gun to enlarge it.
    bluefalconwithdynomut_pic1.jpg
    birdman4.jpg
    myron.gif

Oops. Wrong theme.

CZroe on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there any way to create blue sparks when you turn corners?

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You could always lift the paint jobs from the Wipeout HD ships. They'd actually fit in pretty well on a bike too.

There are some awesome pics here

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You guys suck

Paint it red ta make it go fasta, get rid of all dem curvy 'umie bitz, give it loadsa dakka and scream Waaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh everywhere you go.

ben0207 on
  • MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

My bike sometimes makes sparks when I turn corners... but only when I lean it too far and the centre stand scrapes on the ground.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • AtomicBananaAtomicBanana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yes, get the right metal on the pegs/knee sliders and you get blue sparks :)

AtomicBanana on
    isonline.AtomicBanana.gif Atomique+Banana.gif
  • killamajigkillamajig Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tron_Lightcycles.jpg

I imagine the wall of light coming out of the back would be the hardest part.

killamajig on
    "Oh cruel fate...to be thusly boned...ask not for who the bone bones...it bones for thee."
    Killamajig and Scullykel999 on MTGO
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    killamajig wrote: »
    Tron_Lightcycles.jpg

I imagine the wall of light coming out of the back would be the hardest part.

whatlikethisjj0.jpg

:?:

DarkPrimus on
  • killamajigkillamajig Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would have gone there first if the were ever a game made.

killamajig on
    "Oh cruel fate...to be thusly boned...ask not for who the bone bones...it bones for thee."
    Killamajig and Scullykel999 on MTGO
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Now, That rear number plate seems like the perfect place to put some Blue Falcon rudders [strike]colors:[/strike]
    http://nsidernews.com/wp-content/uploads/captain_falcon_nintendo_f-zero.jpg

There. Now it's a good suggestion

zanetheinsane on
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    CZroe wrote: »
    I already carry brass knuckles in my tank bag (sometimes under the rear seat)...

FALCON PUUNNNNNNNNCH

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
    edited October 2008
    CZroe wrote: »
    I already carry brass knuckles in my tank bag (sometimes under the rear seat)...

FALCON PUUNNNNNNNNCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavpMWFRAkQ

CZroe on