As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Pushing Phallas - GAME OVER - Pie Hater / Coroner Win and Abner too

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There really wasn't that much of a good network to infiltrate. It consisted of: DSC, Arasaki, Spectre, Jpants, and Arkas...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    OOOooOooooo

God I want an Ulster Fry now so badly.

OOOoOooooo

I had to wiki that, and good lord, yes. YES. That is absolutely win. Bring that shit to Texas.

Mmmmmmm....
    Also Dagon, if you are ever over here I will treat you to an Ulster Fry. Or a golfer's fry, which is the same thing plus chips/fries.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    What could Digby do?

Digby could be confused and die for good once he died. It would have been nice had he known who Ned was (or at least had a way to sniff out people and discover if they were Ned/Olive/Chuck, the ones he would know).

I think the village problem was that we just didn't have a way to trust each other; even with DSC giving us a clear network head, with no seer available, we couldn't build a real network. I suppose Ned could have created one by just raising people the mafia killed and leaving them alive, but that risks losing important roles at random.

Darian on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Dagon wrote: »
    OOOooOooooo

God I want an Ulster Fry now so badly.

OOOoOooooo

I had to wiki that, and good lord, yes. YES. That is absolutely win. Bring that shit to Texas.

Mmmmmmm....
    Also Dagon, if you are ever over here I will treat you to an Ulster Fry. Or a golfer's fry, which is the same thing plus chips/fries.

If I ever cross the pond, I will absolutely take you up on this offer.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I know kime sent anonymous pies, and I think sportz could too. OS injected them. Its too much RNG though for them to either all get together, or guess pie types, and the other person to eat it.

For those wondering why I killed sportz. He sent me a pie saying, "You won't be guarded tonight." That same night the guard died.

Why, dare I ask, did you see fit to kill me?

Since I was under the impression spectre arkas and jpants were good, it was easy to assume you and TR were bad.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    http://piesbeapushing.proboards.com

in case any wish to read it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So hungry... that sounds so delicious... damn you wildcat

Digby probably should have been more special. Doing it like you said, Darian, wouldn't have been a bad idea.

As for trusting goes... sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Alfredo, Olive, and the Delivery Boy's abilities were unique and worked together (and involved sending out pies), and DSC could have probably trusted all of them. They could have easily kept their powers among the four of them. I don't think anyone other than Arasaki claimed to be Ned, and he could have easily proven it.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You're welcome to one too, crimson!

Ahahaha, I wasn't sure if the 'kiss me, Ned' part would get in there.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah figures the guy I randomly chose as "killer" turned out to be Ned D:

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It made me chuckle when I read that though Dac Vin.

Also yours Wildcat :P

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So hungry... that sounds so delicious... damn you wildcat

Digby probably should have been more special. Doing it like you said, Darian, wouldn't have been a bad idea.

As for trusting goes... sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Alfredo, Olive, and the Delivery Boy's abilities were unique and worked together (and involved sending out pies), and DSC could have probably trusted all of them. They could have easily kept their powers among the four of them. I don't think anyone other than Arasaki claimed to be Ned, and he could have easily proven it.

Saki proved himself so I knew he was good. I assumed the seer would be good since it'd be too unbalanced otherwise, which also then brought in more bad people to the "confirmed" good people. Kime was killed too early to really bring the orange soda and him together, and sportz was just dumb.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

:D

Of course it would go in there. Who wants to miss out on some hot wildcat on arasaki action? Not me :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    tehspectre wrote:
    Regardless of what happens tonight, inviting OJSoda just becuase he helped us by kidnapping someone is a bad idea.

Kidnapping and pie tampering don't sound like good guy abilities, at the very least he is a neutral.

And I've learned something through experience:

Never trust a neutral.

In hindsight this is a hilarious post.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tehspectre wrote:
    Regardless of what happens tonight, inviting OJSoda just becuase he helped us by kidnapping someone is a bad idea.

Kidnapping and pie tampering don't sound like good guy abilities, at the very least he is a neutral.

And I've learned something through experience:

Never trust a neutral.

In hindsight this is a hilarious post.

Agreed; since I read the good boards after the evil, that struck me as amusingly ironic.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

:D

Of course it would go in there. Who wants to miss out on some hot wildcat on arasaki action? Not me :P
    :winky:

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OK w/e CC there was no way I could know which of arkas or araski was evil. I PM'd both of them and arasaki never responded. The biggest way I was using to try to weed through the shit was contact the other person that was "confirmed" good jpants.

Seriously DSC, way to:
    1. Not get me in the network
    2. only give me the names of evil people making me think they were good

araskai:
    Thanks for going to bed instead of proving you were ned. If you had let me on the proboard, just by doing that you would be confirmed good, make arkas prove evil, which would have lead me back to tehspecre, possibly outing jpants.

I don't know who to grudge from this game seriously. DSC for setting me up with all evils? Arkas or Jpants for completely fucking me? The dagon for fucking me in two games? Yeah I am def. abiding by my do not post after 2 am, and make my own proboard next time. It will be very unlikely I will take a leap of faith in trusting someone again.

And arkas and jpants the ONLY reason you were believable as good is because DSC vouched for you even though your actions very much conflicted that. When DSC confirmed Jpants as good I responded with "Really? But he is acting the most suspicious of ANYONE".

Fuck neutral seer and fuck misreading my role pm to think that it could possibly do something bad so I didn't take it on Day 1.

Great mechanics and phalls CC, I was having fun until I got fucked.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Seriously DSC, way to:

You act like I knew they were bad. At the time they had been seered good. I didn't expect a neutral seer anymore then anyone else did.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To OS:

Well, you have to admit that it was a pretty impressive finish. I mean, the village voted out Ned! The single good-est guy in the entire game, and we voted him out after he told us he was Ned!

That's pretty funny, you should still be having fun laughing at the incredulity of it.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    kime wrote: »
    To OS:

Well, you have to admit that it was a pretty impressive finish. I mean, the village voted out Ned! The single good-est guy in the entire game, and we voted him out after he told us he was Ned!

That's pretty funny, you should still be having fun laughing at the incredulity of it.

Almost as good as a village voting out their outed seer. :wink:

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I didn't expect you to know the difference between arasaki and arkas being evil. What I expected was you to stick to your guns about weatheredclown being evil because you had him nulled.

I don't really even think there was any real network to get into at any point during the game.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rainfall and I were a solid network

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I suppose that's true...

it lasted all of one day though.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You mean the girl who went inactive and was outed and killed the night she was confirmed good?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Rainfall wrote:
    Monkeyfeet wrote:
    You're evil I'm not going to trust the role PM at all
    Oh fuck you.

this is one of our pms between each other

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I can't believe I let jpants talk me out of posting this

(I have this ready to submit if I can't decide before I have to leave)

I have to leave and shit has not been sorted out

DeShadowC wrote:
    Orange Soda wrote:
    lol yeah

Ok my most suspicious list is narrowed down to
    weatherclown
    warban
    the dagon
    arasaki
    oats
    tehSpectre
    arkas

and I am assuming that the_reflection is special

arkas/arasaki have something going on maybe they are friends. Of the two arasaki seems more suspicious.

I think now I have put it at
    the dagon
    arasaki
    oats

take your pick.
    The_reflection isn't special and never even bothered PMing me.
    arkas arasaki are both confirmed good.
    I'll probably have dagon seered tonight
    kidnap weathered.

then today when I asked the network to contact me

Arkas wrote:
    Greetings guy-who-sends-pies-to-people-and-eats-them-himself-every-other-day, Shadow didn't tell us your role name. I am one of the remaining network members.

The seering result told us that Arasaki is a pie-hater.

Please don't come forward with this right away, though, because I worry it could endanger the seer's life if the mafia knows the seer was one of the players online shortly after the vote close.
    Arkas wrote:
    Orange Soda wrote:
    DSC vouched for both you and arasaki. The fact that you are now saying that a person DSC confirmed to me as good is evil confuses the hell out of me. Also he was NOT the person I was told would be seer'd last night, so care to explain?
    We believed there was a mole in the network. Shadow's death confirms it, as Skid was never publicly announced as the guardian. Last night we switched off Dagon to seer one of the network members we were most suspicious of and the results confirmed that Arasaki was evil.

Please understand that we also didn't quite trust you. You were never invited to the proboard, and were kept at arm's length. We all worried your power made you sound like a neutral, really.

Whatever your win condition may be, I do believe now that you're in no way aligned with the mafia seeing as we found the mole, and you took away one of their kills last night.

And no, I won't expect you to trust me until the other network members vouch for me.

JPants wrote:
    Orange Soda wrote:
    Hey DSC confirmed to me that you were good. Are you part of the network? And if so, who did the seer hit last night (Keep in mind I already know who was supposed to be hit)?
    Hey, I wasn't told who was going to be seered last night but i found out this morning that it was Arasaki and he came up evil.

I was the last person added to the network so I wasn't privy to some of the info i guess.
    Arkas wrote:
    Orange Soda wrote:
    bandwagon started on arksani, I am trusting you all let's hope this works! I decided that I have to trust you, so if you are evil this was pulled off very well to save WC. At this point I need to trust that you are telling the truth and that ned and the seer are still alive.

This is very important though:
    Do the baddies know who the seer is; will the seer be killed tonight over me.

There is also the possibility that both myself and the seer will be killed tonight if WC does indeed have another kill ability.
    I'm sorry for the slowness of my response. I got back late and JPants and I were having a bit of an argument about what to say to you.

Please forgive our paranoia about trusting you. I hope you understand why we're paranoid at this point.

I do believe there's more information we can give you, so you're not left completely in the dark. Both Ned and the seer are alive, though I won't give out their identities. I think it's safe to assume that they will be the ones to die tonight, since Arasaki knew that your kidnapping ability was gained on a chance, and is not dependable.

Also, we're going to resurrect Shadow tonight, so you'll be able to confirm things with him tomorrow (the same goes for us, as well).

I have work all day today up until about an hour and 10 minutes before vote close. Good luck with everything.
    So there you have it. That is all the communication I have had with DSC, arkas, and jpants about confirmed people more or less. Decide for yourself. Arkas is not going to get off work until well after I am gone at the concert. Fuck you and your elaborate plan to fuck me.

Arkas

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah.. I'm super surprised that people let me slide on the getting nulled thing...
    but thanks :)

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Orange Soda what the hell are you doing?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OK w/e CC there was no way I could know which of arkas or araski was evil. I PM'd both of them and arasaki never responded. The biggest way I was using to try to weed through the shit was contact the other person that was "confirmed" good jpants.

Seriously DSC, way to:

araskai:
    Thanks for going to bed instead of proving you were ned. If you had let me on the proboard, just by doing that you would be confirmed good, make arkas prove evil, which would have lead me back to tehspecre, possibly outing jpants.

I don't know who to grudge from this game seriously. DSC for setting me up with all evils? Arkas or Jpants for completely fucking me? The dagon for fucking me in two games? Yeah I am def. abiding by my do not post after 2 am, and make my own proboard next time. It will be very unlikely I will take a leap of faith in trusting someone again.

And arkas and jpants the ONLY reason you were believable as good is because DSC vouched for you even though your actions very much conflicted that. When DSC confirmed Jpants as good I responded with "Really? But he is acting the most suspicious of ANYONE".

Fuck neutral seer and fuck misreading my role pm to think that it could possibly do something bad so I didn't take it on Day 1.

Wait what? I posted the information, and then I went to bed. I have to be up at 7am, and it was about 10.30pm when I went to bed. Sorry for not sticking to your timezone.

Seriously, it's a game. You get way too worked up over this shit and your holier-than-thou attitude really pisses me off.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Orange Soda

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Seriously DSC, way to:

araskai:

Yeah, this was my first time as a real mafia. I'm curious as to what I was doing that was suspicious, if it was something in the thread or the PM's.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I didn't realize the baddies got 2 kills total not an extra kill from someone specific.... yes I should have stuck with WC, but the only people talking to me were evil. And yes DSC I know it was out of your control, I am just pissed I got lawlrocked so hard. I think the grudge is arkas and dagon, whomever I see on the playerlist first.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Your posts in general made me suspicious of you. But you were seered good.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I didn't realize the baddies got 2 kills total not an extra kill from someone specific.... yes I should have stuck with WC, but the only people talking to me were evil. And yes DSC I know it was out of your control, I am just pissed I got lawlrocked so hard. I think the grudge is arkas and dagon, whomever I see on the playerlist first.

i can't believe i'm dodging that grudge!

JPants on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [SNIP]
    Yeah, this is completely unreadable. Copy the formatting as well as everything else.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I doubt I'll be playing again for a while anyways. Staying up until 1am waiting for narrations is going to make me die.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Damn, i'll have to work on that. I guess i fell into the classic "posting more than i normally would" trap, for one thing.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I am not being "holier-than-thou" I am just saying your inactivity bothered me because I could have tried to reverse the train on you. I didn't want to have you killed and I did try to reverse it, but you never pm'd me back.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

The only person that was seered good and was actually good was Egos.
    Spectre had a 60% chance of seering a bad guy as they truly were. Needless to say, he saw that Arkas, Jpants, and The Dagon were all bad, all in a row (not like it would have mattered anyway). =/

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [SNIP]
    Yeah, this is completely unreadable. Copy the formatting as well as everything else.

The original is snippets from like 5 different pms, I don't really want to reconstruct it.... it was sent correctly to jpants in a pm and that is the only thing I have still around. All the pms are deleted to make room for the other main phalls

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This is what OS is trying to post:
    (I have this ready to submit if I can't decide before I have to leave)

I have to leave and shit has not been sorted out
    DeShadowC wrote:
    lol yeah

Ok my most suspicious list is narrowed down to
    weatherclown
    warban
    the dagon
    arasaki
    oats
    tehSpectre
    arkas

and I am assuming that the_reflection is special

arkas/arasaki have something going on maybe they are friends. Of the two arasaki seems more suspicious.

I think now I have put it at
    the dagon
    arasaki
    oats

take your pick.
    The_reflection isn't special and never even bothered PMing me.
    arkas arasaki are both confirmed good.
    I'll probably have dagon seered tonight
    kidnap weathered.

then today when I asked the network to contact me
    Arkas wrote:
    Greetings guy-who-sends-pies-to-people-and-eats-them-himself-every-other-day, Shadow didn't tell us your role name. I am one of the remaining network members.

The seering result told us that Arasaki is a pie-hater.

Please don't come forward with this right away, though, because I worry it could endanger the seer's life if the mafia knows the seer was one of the players online shortly after the vote close.
    Arkas wrote:
    DSC vouched for both you and arasaki. The fact that you are now saying that a person DSC confirmed to me as good is evil confuses the hell out of me. Also he was NOT the person I was told would be seer'd last night, so care to explain?

We believed there was a mole in the network. Shadow's death confirms it, as Skid was never publicly announced as the guardian. Last night we switched off Dagon to seer one of the network members we were most suspicious of and the results confirmed that Arasaki was evil.

Please understand that we also didn't quite trust you. You were never invited to the proboard, and were kept at arm's length. We all worried your power made you sound like a neutral, really.

Whatever your win condition may be, I do believe now that you're in no way aligned with the mafia seeing as we found the mole, and you took away one of their kills last night.

And no, I won't expect you to trust me until the other network members vouch for me.

JPants wrote:
    Hey DSC confirmed to me that you were good. Are you part of the network? And if so, who did the seer hit last night (Keep in mind I already know who was supposed to be hit)?
    Hey, I wasn't told who was going to be seered last night but i found out this morning that it was Arasaki and he came up evil.

I was the last person added to the network so I wasn't privy to some of the info i guess.
    Arkas wrote:
    bandwagon started on arksani, I am trusting you all let's hope this works! I decided that I have to trust you, so if you are evil this was pulled off very well to save WC. At this point I need to trust that you are telling the truth and that ned and the seer are still alive.

This is very important though:
    Do the baddies know who the seer is; will the seer be killed tonight over me.

There is also the possibility that both myself and the seer will be killed tonight if WC does indeed have another kill ability.

I'm sorry for the slowness of my response. I got back late and JPants and I were having a bit of an argument about what to say to you.

Please forgive our paranoia about trusting you. I hope you understand why we're paranoid at this point.

I do believe there's more information we can give you, so you're not left completely in the dark. Both Ned and the seer are alive, though I won't give out their identities. I think it's safe to assume that they will be the ones to die tonight, since Arasaki knew that your kidnapping ability was gained on a chance, and is not dependable.

Also, we're going to resurrect Shadow tonight, so you'll be able to confirm things with him tomorrow (the same goes for us, as well).

I have work all day today up until about an hour and 10 minutes before vote close. Good luck with everything.

So there you have it. That is all the communication I have had with DSC, arkas, and jpants about confirmed people more or less. Decide for yourself. Arkas is not going to get off work until well after I am gone at the concert. Fuck you and your elaborate plan to fuck me.

Arkas

JPants on