As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT H: RESULTS

Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From BeyondBeyondRegistered User regular
edited October 2006 in Graphic Violence
YOUR WINNERS:

Hulk.png
HULK – Created by: Stan Lee and Jack Kirby

bigbywolf.jpg
BIGBY WOLF – Created by: Bill Willingham
MATCH H

HULK ---------------- 148
BIGBY WOLF ---------- 52
CABLE --------------- 45
AMBROSE CHASE ------- 5

5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
Son of Beyonder on
«1345678

Posts

  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Just so everyone knows (how could they not know?) Bigby's "wolf form" is fucking huge. Not a normal sized wolf.

    And yeah, he could use the vorpal sword.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This Hulk is fairly intelligent, right? He's not gonna get distracted fighting a bunch of monsters? Also, how does the Baxter Building help Cable and Ambrose, assuming they're the only ones able to get through the building's defenses and the ones looking for weapons?

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Just so everyone knows (how could they not know?) Bigby's "wolf form" is fucking huge. Not a normal sized wolf.

    And yeah, he could use the vorpal sword.
    He has hands?

    This is a serious question.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    He's also got a fair degree of superhuman abilities in the wolf and human form. Resilience and all of that.

    robosagogo on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Just so everyone knows (how could they not know?) Bigby's "wolf form" is fucking huge. Not a normal sized wolf.

    And yeah, he could use the vorpal sword.
    He has hands?

    This is a serious question.

    When he's a human he has hands.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Just so everyone knows (how could they not know?) Bigby's "wolf form" is fucking huge. Not a normal sized wolf.

    And yeah, he could use the vorpal sword.
    He has hands?

    This is a serious question.

    When he's a human he has hands.
    But could he use the sword in wolf form?

    Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yea, he can use wolf form or the sword, not both at the same time.

    Scooter on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Yea, he can use wolf form or the sword, not both at the same time.

    Anyone who read my post and took it to mean that he can wield a sword when he's in wolf form: Slap yourself.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    This Hulk is fairly intelligent, right? He's not gonna get distracted fighting a bunch of monsters? Also, how does the Baxter Building help Cable and Ambrose, assuming they're the only ones able to get through the building's defenses and the ones looking for weapons?

    The Hulk isn't a moron in this incarnation, but he's badly outclassed in the smarts department by the other three.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So he either gets the sword, or is a wolf? Because wolves can't really carry swords.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    This Hulk is fairly intelligent, right? He's not gonna get distracted fighting a bunch of monsters? Also, how does the Baxter Building help Cable and Ambrose, assuming they're the only ones able to get through the building's defenses and the ones looking for weapons?

    The Hulk isn't a moron in this incarnation, but he's badly outclassed in the smarts department by the other three.
    But normal Hulk might just be having too much fun fighting the monsters of Monster Island to be a real threat, while a smarter Hulk will at least be able to keep on task, which is all I wanted to establish.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    So he either gets the sword, or is a wolf? Because wolves can't really carry swords.

    Shockingly, he can shift forms pretty much at will. He also has a bad habit of being a really clever, sneaky, underhanded plotter who frequently avoids direct confrontations and naked displays of power in favor of byzantine schemes that catch his oponents off guard.

    All this from a guy who can bring some serious whoop-ass to the table when he does finally choose to throw down.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    So he either gets the sword, or is a wolf? Because wolves can't really carry swords.

    Shockingly, he can shift forms pretty much at will. He also has a bad habit of being a really clever, sneaky, underhanded plotter who frequently avoids direct confrontations and naked displays of power in favor of byzantine schemes that catch his oponents off guard.

    All this from a guy who can bring some serious whoop-ass to the table when he does finally choose to throw down.

    That didn't answer my question. When he turns into a wolf, he would have to drop the sword.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    So he either gets the sword, or is a wolf? Because wolves can't really carry swords.

    Shockingly, he can shift forms pretty much at will. He also has a bad habit of being a really clever, sneaky, underhanded plotter who frequently avoids direct confrontations and naked displays of power in favor of byzantine schemes that catch his oponents off guard.

    All this from a guy who can bring some serious whoop-ass to the table when he does finally choose to throw down.

    That didn't answer my question. When he turns into a wolf, he would have to drop the sword.

    Yes, of course. It's unlikely that'd he allow the sword to be used against him in that way though. More likely he'd stash it somewhere if he needed to go wolfy for tactical purposes.

    Even in human form, his senses are incredible, they are really almost Superman/Wonder Woman level sight, smell and hearing. He's almost empathic when he wants to be. Getting the drop on him would be impossible for these particular oponents.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    So he either gets the sword, or is a wolf? Because wolves can't really carry swords.

    Shockingly, he can shift forms pretty much at will. He also has a bad habit of being a really clever, sneaky, underhanded plotter who frequently avoids direct confrontations and naked displays of power in favor of byzantine schemes that catch his oponents off guard.

    All this from a guy who can bring some serious whoop-ass to the table when he does finally choose to throw down.

    That didn't answer my question. When he turns into a wolf, he would have to drop the sword.

    Yes, of course. It's unlikely that'd he allow the sword to be used against him in that way though. More likely he'd stash it somewhere if he needed to go wolfy for tactical purposes.

    Even in human form, his senses are incredible, they are really almost Superman/Wonder Woman level sight, smell and hearing. He's almost empathic when he wants to be. Getting the drop on him would be impossible for these particular oponents.

    Oh, I wasn't implying that someone would use it against him, I'm just saying that he wouldn't be able to easily go back and forth.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Don't suppose he gets to use his weird wind baby.

    robosagogo on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The best part about these matches is that I get to learn all kinds of new -kinesis words.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Don't suppose he gets to use his weird wind baby.

    Nah, no sidekicks.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

    Crayon on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

    You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

    Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Don't suppose he gets to use his weird wind baby.

    Nah, no sidekicks.

    Lockheed doesn't count.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

    You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

    Oh no! Not blaspheme against Warren Ellis! Yeah, so what. I love most of his stuff but Chase is just boring. And a wolf who I've never even heard of? I'll pass.

    Edit: Oh Fables. I've really wanted to start reading that.

    Crayon on
  • Options
    OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    BIGBY IS NOT A WEREWOLF.

    Not that anybody's said that yet, but someone is going to.

    Oolong on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    Oolong wrote:
    BIGBY IS NOT A WEREWOLF.

    Not that anybody's said that yet, but someone is going to.

    Yes, he's a werehuman, technically, meaning he has the standard werewolf weaknesses.

    And before you argue, Bigby himself has said silver will put him down.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Actually, "were" means "man". So a werehuman would technically be a man-human, or just a male.

    robosagogo on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Actually, "were" means "man". So a werehuman would technically be a man-human, or just a male.

    you know what I meant

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

    You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

    Oh no! Not blaspheme against Warren Ellis! Yeah, so what. I love most of his stuff but Chase is just boring. And a wolf who I've never even heard of? I'll pass.

    Edit: Oh Fables. I've really wanted to start reading that.
    I bought the first two trades after the first Bigby fight, definately worth it.

    Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Can anyone in this fight really take out the Hulk? I don't think so.

    As for the second advancer, I'm leaning toward Bigby or Ambrose. How much of a reality manipulator is Ambrose Chase?

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bigby can steal all the air out of Hulk's throat, suffocating him.

    robosagogo on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really am torn between second place, as everyone has a viable way to win that second place.

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hulk and Cable.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    RantRant Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Bigby can steal all the air out of Hulk's throat, suffocating him.

    Considering that Hulk can survive in outer space for quite some time...

    Rant on
    I have neither given nor received unauthorized assistance on this assignment
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    if I was the Hulk I would just punch Bigby's head off. This is not meant to start a debate, 'cause I'm pretty much gonna ignore what you guys say anyways.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hulk doesn't just posess superhuman strength and durability, he also posesses vast superhuman reflexes and speed. Easily greater than Bigby. And as far as fighting goes, Hulk is not stupid in the slightest.

    And basically yeah, even with the vorpal sword Bigby would have a really really hard time taking Hulk down, simply because he probably wouldn't be able to kill him right away, and you can be god damned sure of the fact that when Hulk notices that this dude has a sword that can cut through him like butter, he will avoid that little pigsticker.

    And come on, any altercation between Hulk and Bigby with Bigby in wolf form will end with Hulk wearing Bigby as a hat.

    Ambrose has fought worse things, probably, what with being a Planetary agent and all.

    So.

    Ambrose and Hulk whoo

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really, really do hope that The Hulk spends all his time fighting on Monster Island. It would just be cool. Let the other three sort out who gets second between themselves.

    Alternatively, Bigby hatches a cunning plan that involves leading the monsters across the countryside, stopping all who oppose him.

    Before anyone tells me, I know that's probably not going to happen. It's not a real plan. It would just look cool. Like the Bee Plan from a round ago.

    In any case, I'm giving this to The Hulk, like any reasonable person should. For second, I'm wavering between Ambrose and Bigby. I hereby challenge supporters of both to come up with the single most badass moment for that character, so I might compare and contrast.*

    *This is most certainly not a ploy to get a chance to see more scans from Fables and Planetary. Not at all.

    Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Hulk strongest. Hulk no like metal arm man and white suit man. Men try to slow Hulk down. Hulk pulls men apart. Arms go snap. Hulk happy. Oooh, giant doggy. Hulk likes doggy.

    Hulk and Bigby progress.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Hulk strongest. Hulk no like metal arm man and white suit man. Men try to slow Hulk down. Hulk pulls men apart. Arms go snap. Hulk happy. Oooh, giant doggy. Hulk likes doggy.

    Hulk and Bigby progress.

    Yes, except that this Hulk isn't a slobbering retard, but in fact the most recent incarnation of the Hulk who is about as smart as th average joe, and pretty much a genius when it comes to figuring out how to smash shit.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Yes, except that this Hulk isn't a slobbering retard, but in fact the most recent incarnation of the Hulk who is about as smart as th average joe, and pretty much a genius when it comes to figuring out how to smash shit.

    I prefer my Hulk brutal and retarded.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Hulk/Cable move on. Simply because the other characters suck.

    You should probably kill yourself. Just to be safe.

    If you say things like "x should move on, because he is cool and y is dumb", you should be jailed and not allowed to vote in the threads.

    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Yes, except that this Hulk isn't a slobbering retard, but in fact the most recent incarnation of the Hulk who is about as smart as th average joe, and pretty much a genius when it comes to figuring out how to smash shit.

    I prefer my Hulk brutal and retarded.

    But it doesn't change the fact that that's not the Hulk in this competition, just like the Rouge in this contest is the current version.

    Furu on
Sign In or Register to comment.