Options

ROUND TWO: FIGHT H: RESULTS

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    And I'm sure they'll all just stand there and take it, being completely oblivious and stupid.

I'm not saying Bigby doesn't have a shot at second place, I'm just saying he cannot beat the Hulk.

Furu on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    I think Bigby has a good shot of winning. Vopal sword cuts through Cable and Chase- magical cutting through anything properties not stopped by a force field or physics distortion- or just lets Hulk have some fun with them, then huffs and puffs and blows Hulk into space.

Not stopped by physics distortion, but still slowed down.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Doesn't Chase have to consciously activate his field to do specific things?

Can it affect time and gravity at once, for instance?

Also, his field didn't protect him from getting a clip emptied into his chest.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

I will beat you to death.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

a sound argument, but it doesn't answer the question.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The distortion field does confuse me, because in the JLA/Planetary they kill him by pushing him into something. So he can slow down time, but not affect motion? I was under the impression he could affect the trajectories of stuff in his field, so can he not affect himself? Physics distortion is awfully vague.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

He didn't die because he was shot, he died because reality was trying to kill him, or something like that.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

He didn't die because he was shot, he died because reality was trying to kill him, or something like that.

Was that when he died becasue it was a movie sort of reality and he had to because of his blackitude? Or was that some other time?

Marathon on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Regardless, he died. None of these other guys have died.

I think Bigby would strut around in a half wolf half human form while wielding the Vorpal sword and cutting the shit out of everyone. Even the hulk. The hulk has a very good chance at being the #1 in this fight but all Cable and AC would hear is "snicker snack" and then witness their legs lieing on the ground.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Except that Bigby isn't invisible and I think both Chase and Cable are too smart to be ambushed by a swordwielding wolf.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Except that Bigby isn't invisible and I think both Chase and Cable are too smart to be ambushed by a swordwielding wolf.

Who the fuck said he was invisible? Also, who said anything about being ambushed?
    Look,
    A) Bigby is the son of pagan God
    B) Bigby can turn into a monstrously huge wolf
    C) Bigby cannot be killed
    D) Bigby has senses that are more powerful than Jesus in a power suit
    E) Bigby is smart as the dickens
    F) He's got a sword that can cut through ANYTHING
    G) He can turn into the Wolfman
    H) Bigby has complete control of the wind
    I) Bigby fucked SnowWhite

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    The fact that Chase and/or Cable could conceivably take Bigby out one way or another. It's not as clear cut as "vorpal sword, Bigby wins". Unless he was somehow sneaking up on them I don't think he could land a hit.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    The fact that Chase and/or Cable could conceivably take Bigby out one way or another. It's not as clear cut as "vorpal sword, Bigby wins". Unless he was somehow sneaking up on them I don't think he could land a hit.

Well the only way people are saying Bigby loses is "He gets shot out into space durrrr..."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jeeze, I said that was one way to beat him, not the only way.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'm pretty sure Hulk tearing him apart or Cable overloading his mind would do it pretty nicely.

I'm not saying "lol Bigby sux" though, I'm just saying this is a really close one on all fronts.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Hulk tearing him apart or Cable overloading his mind would do it pretty nicely.

I'm not saying "lol Bigby sux" though, I'm just saying this is a really close one on all fronts.

I don't think you can overload Bigby's mind. His sense are so strong that he is constantly aware of every person within miles of him, what they're wearing, what emotional state they're, what brand of underwear they're wearing, etc etc. In a way Bigby is already attached to his own version of the infonet.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

I don't think you can overload Bigby's mind. His sense are so strong that he is constantly aware of every person within miles of him, what they're wearing, what emotional state they're, what brand of underwear they're wearing, etc etc. In a way Bigby is already attached to his own version of the infonet.

OK. Fine, so Bigby's omniscient. But he still needs to do stuff to cope with having all that in his head to stay sane. He can't numb himself to the world and Cable's mental attacks while fighting Cable, Hulk and Chase.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    Furu wrote:

OK. Fine, so Bigby's omniscient. But he still needs to do stuff to cope with having all that in his head to stay sane. He can't numb himself to the world and Cable's mental attacks while fighting Cable, Hulk and Chase.

Regarding numbing himself. I'm pretty sure that that's exactly what he's done. Not to mention that it's not very likely that he will need to be fighting all of the contestants at the same time.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Everyone is pretty even in this fight. Hulk is first of course because Hulk the strongest there is, but for second I don't even know.

I don't think Ambrose could concievably win this though. His field is personal, it only affects reality around him. Admittedly, he could outlast the others and come in second if Bigby and Cable decide to throw down.

This is really close.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I think Ambrose being stomped is a forgone conclusion and I honestly do not see how Cable could win in this fight. Cable is so dependent on gadgetry that he would be lacking half of what makes him powerful. Not to mention that the guy has Rob Liefeld genes as part of his creation and would therefore fall to the ground due to his tiny shins being crushed by his enormous upper body and man-boobs.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Cable is gadgetry. It's all on him or IN him.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    That's just not true.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It is, though. His only equipment needed is a gun or three, which is his standard loadout.

Scooter on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That's just not true.
    Heroes come equipped with their standard equipment, and may equip one special item, provided that item is not a deus ex machina.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    So because Cable comes from the shitty Liefeldian school of "slap as many guns and pouches on the guy as possible" he can have basically whatever gun you want him to have in this fight?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jesus H. Christ, will you drop the Liefield thing?

He doesn't even need the fucking guns, really.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ...Guns are his standard equipment. Did you argue that Guy should have to check his ring at the door, or Batman his belt of "pouches"?

Scooter on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    When the hell did Bigby get the Vorpal sword? I though Boy Blue had it (I don't read current Fables, so...I assume he got it in a recent issue...or something?)

Anyhow, I'm going with Hulk and Chase.

Chase could easily fuck any of them up as everyone seems to be close-range fighters. (Unless this is Liefield shit load of guns Cable)

The rest of them Hulk is definitely the strongest in a straight up fight even with cyber-mind whatever and wind powers. He's the fucking Hulk damn it.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I say Hulk wins and no one comes in second because Hulk wins.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    ...Guns are his standard equipment. Did you argue that Guy should have to check his ring at the door, or Batman his belt of "pouches"?

I'm not arguing the point. If he can have whatever guns he wants that's fine. I'm genuinely asking the question. Either way I think Cable would lose.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

I'm only bringing up the Liefeld thing because Cable is a terrible character. I also don't see how the fuck he can win with his big guns and connection to the internet.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Kshah777Kshah777 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think Bigby could concievably plan some way to ambush attack Ambrose or Cable. Was it only Bigby's son who could suck the air out of your lungs or can he do it too? If he could hide and do it without being seen, that might give him an opening. Does Ambrose only use his feld when threatened? Or is it on constantly?

But I don't think Bigby could physically beat the Hulk. Gladiator Hulk is just too strong, fast, and cunning. He WILL find a way to smash you. Maybe if the two become allies... after all, this Hulk actually has friends, and most of them are seen as monsters to their enemies. A Hulk/Bigby teamup would be pretty damn awesome.

But still, Hulk is the strongest there is.

Kshah777 on
    "He ate a moose and he ate a whale, he even ate a mountain... of shrimp..."
    ~"The Ballad of Morgan Brown"
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

so you could just as easily argue that he loses because reality makes him lose. if he had to die because the black guy always dies in action movies, then he has to lose to the more marketable characters.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Olivaw wrote:
    Everyone is pretty even in this fight. Hulk is first of course because Hulk the strongest there is, but for second I don't even know.

I don't think Ambrose could concievably win this though. His field is personal, it only affects reality around him. Admittedly, he could outlast the others and come in second if Bigby and Cable decide to throw down.

This is really close.

Ambrose's field works in a fairly large area around him, actually. It has about a fifty foot radius, I would say.

And I'm pretty sure that Ambrose, in a fight against a giant freaking shape-shifting wolf, would bring some silver bullets, what with his years of experience leading the Planetary field team.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:

I'm only bringing up the Liefeld thing because Cable is a terrible character. I also don't see how the fuck he can win with his big guns and connection to the internet.

Think of it this way...

You know how your computer can lock up if you open a million windows at once?

Cable can do that to brains.

Just because YOU think he sucks doesn't make him any less valid of a fighter.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

so you could just as easily argue that he loses because reality makes him lose. if he had to die because the black guy always dies in action movies, then he has to lose to the more marketable characters.
    It was only the one building that had that effect.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

Ha ha ha

That's completely retarded. It wasn't the fact that he was Ambrose that made him die, it was the fact that he was black and in a science fiction movie at the time.

Unless Battleworld is a movie with Hulk, Bigby or Cable as the main character, courtesy of some super-scientists fucking with the very nature of reality and fiction, Ambrose's weakness wouldn't come into play.

Read the god damned book or our posts for a change, would you?

Anyway, Chase's powers royally fuck up both people and datastreams. Cable is a person and uses streams of data to fuck with people. Ambrose has a pretty good defense against Cable, I would say, and probably takes him down.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    manaleak34 wrote:
    When the hell did Bigby get the Vorpal sword? I though Boy Blue had it (I don't read current Fables, so...I assume he got it in a recent issue...or something?)

Anyhow, I'm going with Hulk and Chase.

Chase could easily fuck any of them up as everyone seems to be close-range fighters. (Unless this is Liefield shit load of guns Cable)

The rest of them Hulk is definitely the strongest in a straight up fight even with cyber-mind whatever and wind powers. He's the fucking Hulk damn it.
    Rules say each contestant has twenty minutes to prepare and can bring one special item. Bigby gets the sword, which is sitting in the Fabletown armory after Blue brought it back, and brings that since it gives him a better shot of winning.
    Chase doesn't have a standing field. He has to see and concentrate on what he wants to affect (according to the issue he "died" in). A long-range attack he's not prepared for, by Cable's infonet trick or Bigby's wind, could affect him before he reacts and gets a field going.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    If Bigby gets to get Blue's sword from the armory, then Cable gets to ransack Tony Stark's basement.

Malkor on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ambrose typically used the field to manipulate the effects of time and gravity around himself and others--slowing time to a near-halt, redirecting gravity to allow himself to run up walls or change the direction of bullets, etc. Ambrose could use the field on himself, project it over a large area of unspecified dimensions, or concentrate it onto a smaller area or object, such as another person.
    (wiki)

So yeah, unless they get the drop on him somehow projectiles wouldn't do anything to him. And considering he is quite aware he's in a fight I'm sure he would 'turn on' his field as soon as he can.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice