As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HELP - Family Guy skit

CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So it's absolutely bugging the hell out of me - what is the other skit with Stewie and Brian where Stewie mispronounces something and Brian makes fun of him for it. The first one was the "cool whip" skit, but there's another one.

Stewie: "oh, thats _____ly"
Brian: What?
Stewie: "______ly"
Brian: Say "_____"
Stewie: "_____"
Brian: "Now say _____ly"

Any help?

CheBourgeoisNoir on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Clarification: What the hell is the word in question, and the context

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    Dave The RaveDave The Rave Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ruined

Dave The Rave on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ruined

This was in a different episode, but same joke, and involved Stewie, so probably answers the question. If I remember right, there was a second and maybe a third in the same episode as the cool whip one, one between Brian and Meg, and I vaguely recall a third with Quagmire. Now it bugs me because I can't remember those.

Hevach on
  • Options
    BerserkisBerserkis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Berserkis on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He was looking for the second one, he remembered cool whip.

I remembered one of the others I was talking about - same episode as cool whip, towards the end. Meg was pronouncing "while" the same way. Still bugging me that I think Quagmire had a similar scene with one of his random women.

Hevach on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here's some of the clips:

Rueeened

Cool Whip

Quagmire did have a part near the end of the episode, when one of the girls said she was going to go get a whip with the mispronunciation.

Aurin on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Meg also mispronounces "awhile" during the cool whip episode... it's the same joke, different word, which may be why people think there were three.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sentry wrote: »
    Meg also mispronounces "awhile" during the cool whip episode... it's the same joke, different word, which may be why people think there were three.

She also says "Brian you're acting hweird.".

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Saying the "wh" that way isn't actually a mispronunciation.. it's just weird because no one really uses it anymore.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ceres wrote: »
    Saying the "wh" that way isn't actually a mispronunciation.. it's just weird because no one really uses it anymore.
    But the point of the bit isn't that he's pronouncing it wrong, just that he's just inconsistent in the pronunciation he chooses.

whuppins on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    whuppins wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »
    But the point of the bit isn't that he's pronouncing it wrong, just that he's just inconsistent in the pronunciation he chooses.
    Actually I think the point of the bit is that it sounds funny when people pronounce it that way because you don't hear it much. But mainly I was referring to the other posts in the thread that call it a mispronunciation, when it isn't.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Sentry wrote: »

She also says "Brian you're acting hweird.".

Oh come on, that one doesn't even have an 'h' in it!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thank you guys so much :) It was "ruined"

CheBourgeoisNoir on