As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Gehenna [Finale: The Sword of Chaos - Sabbat & Anarch Victory!]

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I, er, uhm.....well that was unexpected.

Just be warned when I hear "Music of the Night" for the 17th time in the same show I'm going to stab anybody too slow to run away... starting with you.

Teenybopper Phantom of the Opera? Dealing with modern day teenage issues?

?

CHRISTINE: You know Carly, we've never really been the bestest of best friends, but you know, I think we could, like totally, look beyond our, you know, differences, and you know, be good friends, you know? We could, like, learn how to sing together.

CARLOTTA: Like, that sounds like a great idea Christie! Like, there's something that I've always wanted to, like, ask you - who's your secret admirer?!

CHRISTINE: Well...

CARLOTTA: Come on... I'm dying to know! He's like, sooooo mysterious!

CHRISTINE: And he's sooooo rooomaaannntic, you know? He sings to me...

PHANTOM (OFF STAGE): :whistle: Softly, deftly, music shall caress you... :whistle:

CARLOTTA: And you've like, caught the eye of that hunk Raoul! Ohmygod he's like, so totally rich and handsome and like, ohmygod!

CHRISTINE: I know! Oh what should I do?

What will Christine do? How will she deal with the attention from two boys who are growing into men? How will Carlotta deal with her jealousy? Check it out this Summer from Disney - Phantom of the School Musical!

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !

I would pay top dollar to see this. By top dollar I mean ten dollars.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Were role pms going out tonight?

Goose! on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zellpher wrote: »
    !

I would pay top dollar to see this. By top dollar I mean ten dollars.

Who will Christine choose? The handsome and rugged Raoul, wise in the ways of the world? Or the shy but brilliant Erik, shunned by the world for a fault he could not prevent?

Sympathise with the plight of the aspiring dancer Meg, struggling to find her place in the world as the tumultuous events tear friendships apart, while she struggles to find her balance in her dancing as her body changes through puberty.

Serious teenage issues, for serious teenagers.

Also, I'm going to stop writing this now. My hands... they feel... dirty.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    Were role pms going out tonight?

Was wondering as well.

Maybe there is a lot to go out.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    there's like 70+ players.

There's probably alot to type....

and cj's hands must be killing him.

either that or his keyboard caught fire......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Or both! I think it's that we're all specials. Except me, I am a normal vanillager.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    there's like 70+ players.

There's probably alot to type....

and cj's hands must be killing him.

either that or his keyboard caught fire......

The question being, would he continue typing through the flames? I think that his dedication makes him persevere and he gets all the role's out ... with the bonus of not having traceable fingerprints

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj is just sending them to people in the order they signed up.

I have not got mine yet. :(

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just be patient. We will get what is coming to us soon enough.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All role PMs will go out tonight, as will the thread update, which is forthcoming.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oh, Mr B....

how true that is. How true that is...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    need to sleep.... don't want to sleep...

have to work tomorrow....

don't want to work tomorrow....

must read opening....

can't sleep.... must phalla.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    don't want to work tomorrow....

must read opening....

can't sleep.... must phalla.....

Too true

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    *cries*

fine.. fine fine

I'll go to sleep!

but... I'll be back tomorrow!

after sunset, of course.

g'night thread

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    edit:: will warn... there will be roleplaying posts happening in this game. You have been warned.

You shall certainly not be alone in this.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Prelude: The Conclave

theo1.jpg

Politics come naturally to the damned.

It's no wonder we're on a one-way ticket to hell.

The creature at the far side of the rounded table made no sound other than a raspy 'click-clack of fangs against horribly mutilated gums.

"Then we have the vote of the Nosferatu." Lucinde glanced around the table with a patient expression.

The Madame from the Toreador was impossible to read, like usual, but at least she was on his side.

Pascek looked like he wanted to break something, but that was nothing new. He'd side with reason when pressured.

The Lunatic... who knew. Streck's vote was practically a crap shoot.

"This will not resolve the situation, Ventrue." The Warlock made it a point to display his impatience by cleaning his spectacles with the cloth from his dark cloak. "The signs are here, you've seen them, as have we all."

"If you speak true, then we mean only to lead our kind to their death." The accented voice of the heavy-set Brujah was impossible to ignore.

The boss finally says something, well, I'll be damned.

"You've heard the reports from the Santa Monica Prince. That bitter old man is at his wits' end with all the Clanless who've shown up.

If we do not bring our kind together for a solution, then we face the same nightmares here, and in far greater proximity."

The Madame could always be counted on to see reason. Lucinde did not smile, but he was satisfied with the situation.

"There is no cause for further argument. We bring it to a vote, and let that dictate the proper course.

Opposed?"

A hand rose. Anastasz. No surprise.
    Maris simply laughed. The Ventrue was not sure how to take that, though he decided to count it to the negative.

"And, in favor?"

So, it's decided.

We're all screwed.

The Camarilla have announced a Conclave: a call to arms which all Kindred, regardless of faction, are expected to attend.

And without a doubt, they will arrive, possibly en masse.

The Conclave will begin tomorrow(Thursday) at 12:00 AM EST.

By that point, the proceedings will begin in earnest.

All players should submit their decisions regarding the contents of their role PM by that time, or else they may become forfeit, or worse, randomized.

Discipline Usage

Kindred Disciplines range on a scale of one to three, ranging from basic to intermediate to advanced levels of effect.

Each Kindred has three points to disperse among their respective Disciplines as they will.

Even should a Kindred opt to take on three basic levels, he or she will only be allowed to make use of one per night.

Advanced Levels, due to their potent effects, may only be used on alternate nights, so should you make use of one, you will likely be left without an ability to utilize the following night.

These choices and risks are yours to make.

Decisions will be considered final from this point on, so consider your choice wisely.

These should be PMed to cj iwakura. The officially sponsored backup, if need be, is Rosenqueen.

There will be no actions taken tonight, only the finalization of your character's setup. After the end of the first day, the Nights begin.

Until then, feel free to vote for someone in !lime.
    (There will be no red vote for the Prelude.)

Someone you can trust would be strongly advisable. The Justicariate do not take lightly to having their time wasted.

With that, the Masquerade is back in effect.

Make with the stakes, and Game On.

Also, links to any and all Proboards created would be appreciated.

Requests for clarification may be posted in orange.

Unless you put points into a Discipline, it can not be used.

The default is '0'.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... so it would seem that going 2 and 1 in two disciplines would be the way to go for having an ability to use each night?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The phantoms of the past... they haunt me. Grasping for me, howling in rage. As if from a time long ago... or maybe not so long ago... blaming me for their deaths, their downfalls. The pursue relentlessly, shrieking their need for revenge.

There's no escape for me. I must face them on, or forever keep running. I, !MrBlarney, will fight through the shadows that block my path, and find the light that will provide my salvation.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Quick question about Disciplines, My pm states the name of them but not what they do, I'm guessing i don't get to know what they do until i put points in them right?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    As the jellyfish demand it, so it begins. I wonder if you'll play with me tonight...

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Quick question about Disciplines, My pm states the name of them but not what they do, I'm guessing i don't get to know what they do until i put points in them right?

Correct.

You will learn what each level does upon acquiring it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Hmm... so it would seem that going 2 and 1 in two disciplines would be the way to go for having an ability to use each night?

Looks that way, if you go 3 in one discipline you will be powerless on alternate nights.

Osvik on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    The phantoms of the past... they haunt me. Grasping for me, howling in rage. As if from a time long ago... or maybe not so long ago... blaming me for their deaths, their downfalls. The pursue relentlessly, shrieking their need for revenge.

There's no escape for me. I must face them on, or forever keep running. I, !MrBlarney, will fight through the shadows that block my path, and find the light that will provide my salvation.

Because this went so well last time.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Or having 1 in each. You increase the abilities at your disposal, but the power committed to each is obviously diluted.

As we have begun, and been given the task of voting for someone we can rely on (possibly), might I suggest you !vote FreeAgent. There are few who can be trusted in these dark days when oblivion stands at our doorsteps, but I know can.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So if we put 3 levels into one Discipline, will we only be able to use it on night 1/3/5, etc. (or 2/4/6, whatever) or can we choose not to use it one night so that we save it for whenever we think we'll want it?

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney would have my vote if not for the showing of his last leadership stint. <3

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Only one to lead us through the dark, and that is [strike]Mr. Bubbles[/strike] [strike]Mr. Blarney[/strike] Hylianbunny.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Because this went so well last time.

Yes. Exactly.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    MrBlarney would have my vote if not for the showing of his last leadership stint. <3

You are displeased with the infinity man?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

One would think this would be... obvious, but perhaps to one who lacks a... stronger tie to reality wouldn't notice that.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Two more questions.

Do i have to send in all my point choices at once or can i spend one point in something and then upgrade it later if i like the effect?

Are we allowed to talk about Disciplines that we acquire and what these Disciplines do with other people? I would like to find out what my skills do any if someone else has the same Discipline can they tell me what it did for them before i make my purchase?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

One would think this would be... obvious, but perhaps to one who lacks a... stronger tie to reality wouldn't notice that.

Quiet, classy hat! I was preoccupied.

Leadership and I are like fire hoses. Pick me! Pick me!

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So if we put 3 levels into one Discipline, will we only be able to use it on night 1/3/5, etc. (or 2/4/6, whatever) or can we choose not to use it one night so that we save it for whenever we think we'll want it?

Right, you can use it whenever, but on the night you use it, it will be unavailable until two nights later.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well cj said today is for finalization of character setup so I assume if we dont use all three points today we wont get to spend them later.

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Do not trifle with me... rabbit. But this quarrel does not... befit us.

I commend you for your efforts, but it is I that should be selected to take the... mantle.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Do not trifle with me... rabbit. But this quarrel does not... befit us. I commend you for your efforts, but it is I that should be selected for the... mantle.

Why would you wish for part of a fireplace?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Two more questions.

Do i have to send in all my point choices at once or can i spend one point in something and then upgrade it later if i like the effect?

All point decisions have to be finalized the end of the current day.

Unless you mean that you want to spend one to start with to get an idea of the Discipline's abilities, then that's fine, but the remainder will have to be spent by day's end.
    Are we allowed to talk about Disciplines that we acquire and what these Disciplines do with other people? I would like to find out what my skills do any if someone else has the same Discipline can they tell me what it did for them before i make my purchase?

Feel free.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Do not trifle with me... rabbit. But this quarrel does not... befit us. I commend you for your efforts, but it is I that should be selected for the... mantle.

Why would you wish for part of a fireplace?

An... outcome, already considered and rectified, though you have not yet realized it.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This is going to be most excellent. Back in the nineties I started a World of Darkness MOO based on the changeling, wraith, vampire, werewolf, and mage source books, and created a 3d web comic (Sacred Truth) that was heavily V:TM inspired... so.. yeah.. I'm excited..

So I'm tempted to vote for MrBlarney just because he's got the benefit of experience..
    But I've always been impressed by !Infidel's keen intellect.

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."