As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Gehenna [Finale: The Sword of Chaos - Sabbat & Anarch Victory!]

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    warban, your Daughter reveals made my day before they axed you.

Each of you made that post restriction rock.

Hilariously, some of the best post restrictions were used by the players who weren't even deranged.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cj..... this was just plain fantastic. You rock amazingly.

I had a fantastic time, and getting a Ravnos role was pretty awesome. They are a clan that I have never played before. It made the game a lot more fun.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    warban, your Daughter reveals made my day before they axed you.

Each of you made that post restriction rock.

Hilariously, some of the best post restrictions were used by the players who weren't even deranged.

I loved the restriction. Only thing i didn't like was that my level 1 power was anon messaging. :P

Loved the role though. <3. Basically was the sort of role i love to play.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cj, thanks for running a great game. Krata, thanks for helping him out!

Frustrating to have been wrong two times out of three, but at least I got to take an Assamite down with me. :P

Thanks for fucking over even the people who didn't vote for you, Eri.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Infernalist Proboards unlocked here: http://demonicvampireswin.proboards.com/

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    kill them infernalists!

Oh, wait - they're already dead *G*

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like the way the conversion mechanic worked as a partial seer, letting those groups know who was already allied in another faction, and therefore needed to die.

Darian on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    I like the way the conversion mechanic worked as a partial seer, letting those groups know who was already allied in another faction, and therefore needed to die.

Yeah, and you weren't entirely sure (as an Anarch at least) if you could go public with that information and really start steering the game because we weren't sure if some of the neutrals could join. I was pretty confident after Frostmist turned up evil, but that was so late in the game turning up as a seer would have looked awful.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, damnit. I just checked to see who killed me. and hell if it wasn't Bliss, who I seered early on and intended on outing the same day I died. Well played.

Also, it seems I was popular choice that night. Curious.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How are you finding who killed you?

Also, you're pretty much all bastards. Village and otherwise. If I hadn't been murdered early on just for trying to help out, my time would've come when someone seered me as a neutral. Good thing I was drinking at the time, or I might have just grudged everyone.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This post.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Extra kudos to cj (or his dice rolls) for making me a Tremere and essentially letting me play the same vampire that I do in his 'Southern Hospitality' PbP game. :)

Wildcat on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sabbat, how did you figure out Kulhmeye was my secret seer?

or was it a lucky guess?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not the only coincedence; MundaneSoul is also a Nosferatu in both.

It was preordained.

Oh, and WhiteZinfandel requested that I make a derangement that made a player only talk in passages from the Gettysburg Address(or something like that), which I used as inspiration to influence the result of Hylianbunny's Haunting.
    4 sc-re and se7en yrz ago our father! brought forth on this Elephant a new nation, conceived in Ruin, and dedicated to the Sparklies that all men are created dEliCiouS.

I'm not sure what it means either.

Oh, and FreeAgent, did you catch on to the Bliss 101 Eyes of Chaos result?
    Bliss 101 bears the fangs of the beast,
    yet favors the cold dark city
    over the warm abundance of the forest,
    dancing with Sword in hand.

I was painting him as a City Gangrel, which in the lore, usually means Sabbat.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    bwanie wrote: »
    sabbat, how did you figure out Kulhmeye was my secret seer?

or was it a lucky guess?

It was a lucky guess based on all the pm's mundanesoul had flying in and out of his box...
    Also, I have a feeling kuhlmeye might be his seer, so we could take him out too.

Darian on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    edit: dumb post, nvm

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yeah, I figured that he was a Gangrel, though I briefly entertained the notion that he was actually a Werewolf since we had just seen a Hunter turn up. The city thing I didn't pick up on, but I was more inclined to believe he was Sabbat due to the Sword part.

As I went searching I came across the Sword of Caine, which was basically the only sword reference I could find. Ahava helped out looking over the stuff due to her experience with the lore, and we came to similar conclusions. Though I did leave out the part that specified Bliss.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Yeah, I figured that he was a Gangrel, though I briefly entertained the notion that he was actually a Werewolf since we had just seen a Hunter turn up. The city thing I didn't pick up on, but I was more inclined to believe he was Sabbat due to the Sword part.

As I went searching I came across the Sword of Caine, which was basically the only sword reference I could find. Ahava helped out looking over the stuff due to her experience with the lore, and we came to similar conclusions. Though I did leave out the part that specified Bliss.

It was hilarious to have Ahava running to my room every ten minutes asking me questions about the lore.

I kept handing her my books to read through. I couldn't tell her anything about the game, of course, but all my books were here, and the lore was available to anyone who looked for it, so... *L*

She came to me one of those early nights going "What the fuck is a Bahari?!" I think a lot of people did that, and that's exactly why I got CJ to put them in... because most people wouldn't know what the fuck they wanted or were, and that only added to the delicious chaos.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, if you want to know why this game had such a ridiculous number of factions, ^ that's the guy to go to.

Before I brought Krata in, I was thinking just Sabbat, Camarilla, Anarchs, and lots of clans. Then it became Bahari, Infernalists, Black Hand, Inquisition, Hunter...

Shoot, I'm half surprised he didn't talk me into bringing in Garou, Mages, and Changelings(!).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think we (Sabbat) were all expecting a werewolf to show up, once we saw the Hunter.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    A werewolf would have been way too overpowered.

Like, it would have taken a simultaneous Sabbat, vote, Anarch, and Assamite kill, and maybe that would've taken him out.

I figure a Mage would just wave a hand and nothing would happen to him.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

only if he believed it really hard

and the resulting backlash might have killed him anyway

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, if you want to know why this game had such a ridiculous number of factions, ^ that's the guy to go to.

Before I brought Krata in, I was thinking just Sabbat, Camarilla, Anarchs, and lots of clans. Then it became Bahari, Infernalists, Black Hand, Inquisition, Hunter...

Shoot, I'm half surprised he didn't talk me into bringing in Garou, Mages, and Changelings(!).

I won't lie.

Another twenty, thirty players, I would've written the roles up for you.

Quoth wrote: »

only if he believed it really hard

and the resulting backlash might have killed him anyway

Believe it or not, the mechanic I had in mind involved the same way Discplines were chosen, but with more options. It'd've been awesome. But I felt maybe inappropriate. However, I'd intended to make Backlash represented by if he used his highest level powers too oten he'd risk exploding.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did I die and was not aware of it?

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nope, I'm alive. Yet not listed on the survivors list. Oi! I'm a winner, too, dimmit.

Goose! on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The tenth night says you died Goose :(

Egos on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh. IT wasn't in the OP. Hm.

Well, the village deserved to lose then. Jerks.

Goose! on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It was a really good game. Lots of grudging to be had!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hey hey hey!!! be fair!

I did not come running to your room and ask what the Bahari were.

I asked you for the Infernalists book, and you asked me why. When I mentioned Bahari, that was when YOU gave me the Sabbat book.

So Nyeah!

And I only asked you about the lore that I wasn't positive on.

So there.

But yeah, Krata is frighteningly good with the Lore. Anybody doubts that, look up the OOC thread for cj's VtM game, Southern Hospitality.

warning:: Most of his information comes without having to open a book.... Scary.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hey hey hey!!! be fair!

I did not come running to your room and ask what the Bahari were.

I asked you for the Infernalists book, and you asked me why. When I mentioned Bahari, that was when YOU gave me the Sabbat book.

So Nyeah!

And I only asked you about the lore that I wasn't positive on.

So there.

But yeah, Krata is frighteningly good with the Lore. Anybody doubts that, look up the OOC thread for cj's VtM game, Southern Hospitality.

warning:: Most of his information comes without having to open a book.... Scary.

Scary, huh?

What're the Siberakh, love?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Also, you're pretty much all bastards. Village and otherwise. If I hadn't been murdered early on just for trying to help out, my time would've come when someone seered me as a neutral. Good thing I was drinking at the time, or I might have just grudged everyone.

Uh, nobody actually needed to seer you since you told me straight off the bat exactly what you were. I still don't quite understand why you and romantic undead (who both got in contact with me very early) got killed in the same night, unless after I told Hylian she had one of her cronies or fake allies kill you guys.
    Not the only coincedence; MundaneSoul is also a Nosferatu in both.

It was preordained.

Oh, and WhiteZinfandel requested that I make a derangement that made a player only talk in passages from the Gettysburg Address(or something like that), which I used as inspiration to influence the result of Hylianbunny's Haunting.
    4 sc-re and se7en yrz ago our father! brought forth on this Elephant a new nation, conceived in Ruin, and dedicated to the Sparklies that all men are created dEliCiouS.

I'm not sure what it means either.

Hahaha, awesome. I was really hoping it'd inspire something since you wouldn't let me use it.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Uh, nobody actually needed to seer you since you told me straight off the bat exactly what you were. I still don't quite understand why you and romantic undead (who both got in contact with me very early) got killed in the same night, unless after I told Hylian she had one of her cronies or fake allies kill you guys.

Yes, I am quite aware I didn't have to be seered because just speaking up and helping with spreadsheets is enough to get you killed nowadays. That was the Sabbat, so I don't blame the rest of you for my kill.

My question is if the village would've made use of me since I got in contact early and discretely. I had no idea WhiteZinf had connections to the network, he was just someone who caught my attention, and looked like he had a genuine derangement. I figured he was one a' them... whatchacallits... crazies.

So, seeing as I could talk to this crazy and prove myself useful to whoever he was with, I'd have a better chance of seeing this whole end of the world thing through to the... well, to the end. Plus, Malks were supposed to get special insight (the voices), and I wondered if he was actually conveying prophetic information that the rest of us couldn't understand.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the hell out of following the game, and you can all blame yourselves for getting Eri pissed off. And then again for listening to her. In the future I'll just keep the spreadsheets to myself and whoever I feel I can trust. I had a really sweet power, too...

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yes, I am quite aware I didn't have to be seered because just speaking up and helping with spreadsheets is enough to get you killed nowadays. That was the Sabbat, so I don't blame the rest of you for my kill.

My question is if the village would've made use of me since I got in contact early and discretely. I had no idea WhiteZinf had connections to the network, he was just someone who caught my attention, and looked like he had a genuine derangement. I figured he was one a' them... whatchacallits... crazies.

So, seeing as I could talk to this crazy and prove myself useful to whoever he was with, I'd have a better chance of seeing this whole end of the world thing through to the... well, to the end. Plus, Malks were supposed to get special insight (the voices), and I wondered if he was actually conveying prophetic information that the rest of us couldn't understand.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the hell out of following the game, and you can all blame yourselves for getting Eri pissed off. And then again for listening to her. In the future I'll just keep the spreadsheets to myself and whoever I feel I can trust. I had a really sweet power, too...

On the first count, I'm really not sure. I'm probably missing something but I don't see many ways the village could have used your powers, since they're basically designed to create chaos. I really was going to try and keep you protected and whatnot, but then you got killed and I got fucked over by Eri. As for the insight... no. I didn't have any special information aside from one or two riddles CJ gave me that didn't contain any important info. I did have a seering power that apparently penetrated masking powers (!If I'd used Dementation 2 on mundane, what would he have shown up as?), so we could have gone far were it not for Eri's bitchery. Still a sour taste from that.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    For the record, the MrBlarney kill had more to do with the fact that he had just run the village in the BSG Phalla, so I thought he'd make a reasonable day 1 kill--spreadsheeting was a happy bonus.

eeccccoo was killed for information sharing (trading the discipline powers); spreadsheeting was again a happy bonus.

Then as the game went on we realized that all the spreadsheeters were dying (I think at least a couple were killed by not-us), so it was fun to keep killing off others who started showing signs of spreadsheeting in the thread.

As crimsoncoyote's sig says, spreadsheeting can be hazardous to your health. :)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Instagrudge on Darian for spreadsheeter-killing! :P

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    *shake fist*

You're looking to start up that trend again, and I don't like it one bit!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    For the record, the MrBlarney kill had more to do with the fact that he had just run the village in the BSG Phalla, so I thought he'd make a reasonable day 1 kill--spreadsheeting was a happy bonus.

Hey, i had some part in picking him out :evil::twisted:

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MrBlarney misses the days when spreadsheeting was a "you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would ya" kind of defense. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Egos wrote: »

Hey, i had some part in picking him out :evil::twisted:

I wasn't trying to take all the credit/blame, just sharing some of our reasoning. <3

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    just wanted to let my presence known in the gangbanging of Blarney <3 we love you blarney <3

Egos on