As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COSMOS FANTASTICA: Marvel Cosmic B.S. Thread

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    what an awesome cover

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Starlord has the best covers out of any of the Annihilation books so far.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Indeed.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love Rocket Raccoon so much I'd yiff him.
    Not really.
    Really.
    Yup.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    GreyHunter316GreyHunter316 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The concept art looks great. The execution... terrible.

ANNCONPRO001043_col.jpg

Man these fuckers are going to drop a moon on Chewie, burn Ithor, Kill Anakin, and take Courascant.

I laughed at that so much more then I should have. :lol:

GreyHunter316 on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The concept art looks great. The execution... terrible.

ANNCONPRO001043_col.jpg

Man these fuckers are going to drop a moon on Chewie, burn Ithor, Kill Anakin, and take Courascant.

I laughed at that so much more then I should have. :lol:

It's because it's way more true then it should be.

Hell they even have Voxyns. If they say that their design wasn't at least a little influence by the Yuuzhan Vong, I will have to just say they are bald faced liars.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Off topic, but are there comic versions of the Thrawn Trilogy and the stuff with the Yuuzhan Vong? I loved those books.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Off topic, but are there comic versions of the Thrawn Trilogy and the stuff with the Yuuzhan Vong? I loved those books.

Actually yes, the entire Thrawn trilogy got turned into a comic series by Dark Horse. And this should be of particular interest, Dark Forces Rising had art by Terry Dodson. The Vong have showed up in a couple of Tales comics, and Legacy but not much beyond that.

You never struck me as much of a Star Wars guy, Mask.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    i just realized something
    the space knights....same as ROM the space knight?

You know, a lot of people have been speculating that, given the Space Knights' involvement in Conquest, and since Marvel still owns ROM, but can no longer show him in his armored form due to trademark/copyright stuff, he'll actually be appearing as
    Wraith.
    Kind of a neat theory I think.

Munch on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    neat theory, but if he turns out to be this, emo cowboy hero. i'll be very disappointed

delphinus on
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    delphinus wrote: »
    i just realized something
    the space knights....same as ROM the space knight?

You know, a lot of people have been speculating that, given the Space Knights' involvement in Conquest, and since Marvel still owns ROM, but can no longer show him in his armored form due to trademark/copyright stuff, he'll actually be appearing as
    Wraith.
    Kind of a neat theory I think.

I just got a very pleasant nostalgia rush thinking about that idea; that would be a lot of fun as long as they don't drown it in emo sauce.

When I was young ( like around 11 or 12 ) ROM was by far my favorite hero...weird yeah, I know, considering it was always a small market comic.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Spoilers for Nova #4 have cropped up on Newsarama's forums. Putting it in the spoiler-block in case they're true.
    The beginning of the issue has been shown in preview pages. Nova is attacked as soon as he reaches Kree space. After destroying several Sentries the Worldmind freaks out and tells him to leave Kree space immediately. It is scared of Nova getting infected by the Phalanax and getting corrupted too. Nova says he can't abandon the Kree since they didn't abandon the war effort against Annihilus.

Next is one of 2 shocks. Gamora shows up and she is infected. Nova has to gate out because she takes over the control of the Sentries and since she knows him so well she is able to box him in and he needs to gate out or get dogpiled. Unfortunately the Worldmind doesn't realize there is a barrier until it is too late and they hit it almost force. When he crash lands and is found by the Kree woman shown in previews. The issue ends with Rich in a crater where he lands, his body smoking, and the skin looks all gone leaving the exposed muscle underneath. Oh, with the Kree woman as the new Nova after the Worldmind and Nova Force enters her. Rich looks very dead.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Spoilers for Nova #4 have cropped up on Newsarama's forums. Putting it in the spoiler-block in case they're true.
    The beginning of the issue has been shown in preview pages. Nova is attacked as soon as he reaches Kree space. After destroying several Sentries the Worldmind freaks out and tells him to leave Kree space immediately. It is scared of Nova getting infected by the Phalanax and getting corrupted too. Nova says he can't abandon the Kree since they didn't abandon the war effort against Annihilus.

Next is one of 2 shocks. Gamora shows up and she is infected. Nova has to gate out because she takes over the control of the Sentries and since she knows him so well she is able to box him in and he needs to gate out or get dogpiled. Unfortunately the Worldmind doesn't realize there is a barrier until it is too late and they hit it almost force. When he crash lands and is found by the Kree woman shown in previews. The issue ends with Rich in a crater where he lands, his body smoking, and the skin looks all gone leaving the exposed muscle underneath. Oh, with the Kree woman as the new Nova after the Worldmind and Nova Force enters her. Rich looks very dead.

Son of a bitch!
    I really hope that's temporary.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When the fuck are these coming out in godamned TPB's? I started getting the comics but there were too many and I just couldn't keep up, but I want to read this shit and I don't want to have to go back and find like 30 or 40 issues or how-ever-many there are.

Alt. Someone send me your godamned comics to read. I promise not to get any coffee stains on them, and will only bend them a little bit.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Info on Wraith #1 has hit the Newsarama boards just now.
    Most of the issue I wasn't feeling it. The title character is a mysterious badass type. I do like his gunwhip weapon. Very cool. The only clue we have to his identity and his quest is that he is looking for a man in Kree space that "wears a signet ring of a skull engulfed in flames". I have no clue who this could be. I think when the ID is revealed the reaction will be "D'oh!", or "Who the...???"

Not much happens at first. The Phalanx encounter him in a ship and don't understand what he is. He reads as "not alive and yet it lives". They think he could be a possible threat and attack. He defeats them and the next scene is 4 days later on a Kree planet. He stops a man from assaulting a woman and is lead to the Resistance by the man hoping to find information on the man he is hunting. While talking the Phalanx attack and he gets captured. The final page shows the interrogator the Phalanx have selected to try to get information from him and figure out what he is: Ronan. Ronan has been infected.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Clint Eastwood in space, or The Man With No Name if you prefer.

But yeah, it's pretty blatant.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, gee.

Given the sheer number of "oh no" moments I've just had in the last minute of reading today's posts, the A:C prologues seem to be doing their job of really setting up the story as worthy of Annihiliation.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So uh is (Nova spoilers)
    Richard dead or what? It would make me sad if he was dead.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SA wrote: »
    So uh is (Nova spoilers)
    Richard dead or what? It would make me sad if he was dead.
    His body is currently a piece of beef jerky at the bottom of a crater on some irradiated Kree colony world. Something, some intelligence, moved from Nova's burnt out corpse and infused itself into a Kree woman, turning her into a Nova Centurion. Whether the intelligence was the Worldmind or Richard's mind isn't really that clear, although it seems more like Worldmind. For now, Nova is a blue-skinned Kree babe wearing the old Nova costume.

As for Wraith, I really want to like this character, but issue #1 was nothing special. The Newsrama forum bit pretty much sums up my feelings.
    Well, gee.

Given the sheer number of "oh no" moments I've just had in the last minute of reading today's posts, the A:C prologues seem to be doing their job of really setting up the story as worthy of Annihiliation.

One thing I wanted to ask here, actually, was whether or not the Conquest prologues are on par with the Annihilation prologues. I haven't read any of Annihilation (which I regret, but I eagerly await the trades.) I know we've only been through the first two, but neither of them were spectacular or anything. Maybe Quasar and Starlord will be better, but I'm less excited about either of them than I was about Nova.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Man, I didn't think it was possible, but these guys are even more fucked now than they were when they were facing the Annihilation Wave. No matter how lame you may have thought the Phalanx was before, there's no way you can read Annihilation and continue to believe that to be true.
    Ronan and Gamorra on the Phalanx side? Game over man, game over!

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I recall all of the character minis leading up to Annihilation getting off to pretty slow starts. Nothing good really happened in the Ronan one in particular until he ran into Gamora in I think the third issue, but it was enough to really make me like that character. In fact,
    I'll be pissed if he doesn't break away from the Phalanx soon and start kicking ass. Goes for Gamora, too.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have to say that the Phalanx possession thing with the static and circuitry in the eyes is pretty damn creepy.
    Especially for Gamora.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nova:
    That's one really dead-looking Nova. D:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pure bullshit speculation:
    Nova is really dead, but is going to pull a Phoenix.

He's going to go all energy cocoon and his armor + World Mind + the Kree doctor woman are going to start reconstructing him one molecule at a time, including an incomplete copy of his neurons/memories. This will give the writer a perfect start for the whole classic hero story arc for the character.

He starts out confused, weak and discombobulated, goes through the whole angsty "Who am I?" phase, gets more and more self assured and powerful as the series goes on, becomes the universe's protector again by the end.

...then again, maybe I have no fucking clue.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Here's how I see it going down - I'm positive I'm wrong, but fuck it.
    The Worldmind is going to go all 'Optimus Prime with the Autobot Matrix of Leadership' on the Phalanx, everyone gets cured, Drax kills some guys, and Nova taps some more of that sweet Gamora ass. The end.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Is Drax even involved in Conquest?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in the Quasar mini.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Is Drax even involved in Conquest?

Not that we know of, but since he was so fucking awesome in Annihilation, they would be crazy not to get him involved somehow.

I'm actually really looking forward to Wraith's encounter with Ronan, as well as when and where Super Skrull makes his appearance. Also Quasar and Starlord, because those can't help but be good, being hitched the awesome train that is A:C.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    On Nova
    Honestly I think he's dead for good. Maybe if the suit would have stayed on his smoking corpse he could have regenerated or whatnot, but no, I think he's kind of fucked.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There is no way
    Rich is dead for good.
    Nova_7_-_Cover_Final.jpg
    That's the cover to Nova 7.

Although it could mean he is selected.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    My theory is
    Either Worldmind and Rich's minds or just Rich's(Meaning Worldmind sacrificed himself to upload Rich's mind into the Nova Force.) will be in her brain, hence the blue text. They'll make a flash clone or something for Rich, just a new body will do and "upload" his mind to it. She'll stay on as the first addition to the new Nova Corps.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sounds about right...
    Plus there's the 100+ dudes who'll be itching for revenge once they realize their homeworld's gone.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    There is no way
    Rich is dead for good.
    Nova_7_-_Cover_Final.jpg
    That's the cover to Nova 7.

Although it could mean he is selected.

Sweet Zombie Jesus, that cover is awesome.
    Sure looks like he's been infected by the Phalanx. Probably setting up a confrontation between Richard and She-Nova.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Plus another chance at some hot Nova-Gamora action.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    According to the Quasar Previews the Phalanx has The Super-Adaptoid in their forces as well.

The universe is even more fucked.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Quasar preview:
    ANNCONQSR001_int-2.jpg
    ANNCONQSR001_int-3.jpg
    ANNCONQSR001_int-4.jpg
    ANNCONQSR001_int-5.jpg
    ANNCONQSR001_int-6.jpg
    ANNCONQSR001_int-7.jpg

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    While it goes without saying, I'll say it anyway. Phyla's mother is a bitch.

Seriously. What is she made of fucking stone or something?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Typical Titan mother behavior.

august on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Nova 5 Preview
    nova502xz5.jpg
    nova503qk8.jpg
    nova504ty0.jpg
    nova505tb9.jpg

I still think she's the first Nova of the new Corps and Rich is gonna be Nova 0000

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When Gamora gets de-infected she's gonna be piiiiiised.

august on