As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

School dance thread

• Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    the other day me and my friends were wandering around walmart and we ran into this kid dressed nice flipping the fuck out in an aisle with shit all over the floor

he was like I LOST MY CAMERA

my one friend was like what does it look like

he gave him a look and was like IT LOOKS LIKE A CAMERA

he was apparently coming from homecoming so that's what makes this topical

anyway fuck that kid

Quite the story you got there, Bemis.
    yep

So did he find his camera?
    He should make a shitty webcomic thread about it, regardless.
    maybe i'll make a shibby fucking sucks thread

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Did Leli really ask you out shibby?
    Are you sure you didn't imagine it?

ascot on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    To be fair, dances are really lame. Girl or not. Boring, crowded affairs they are

I am not a dancer but I have had lots of fun at various dances. It's pretty much 80% dependent on your date as well.

Part of it is the "school" piece of "school dance" and the other part is me not liking to dance. To me it is hot, crowded and so noisy you can barely even really talk to your date. I would much rather just go hang out with them and maybe a few other friends somewhere else instead of going to dance

and prom is double-dumb because you pay stupid amounts of money for this experience. At least after prom was fun enough

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    the other day me and my friends were wandering around walmart and we ran into this kid dressed nice flipping the fuck out in an aisle with shit all over the floor

anyway fuck that kid

yep

I'd post in that thread.

jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    ascot wrote: »
    Did Leli really ask you out shibby?
    Are you sure you didn't imagine it?
    I am not imagining it, she asked me to go to some Winter Formal with her.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Homecoming dance is Friday.

I don't wanna drop 20 bones to go to a shitty dance in the cafeteria with Soulja Boy playing every other song.

My girlfriend suggested we get all prettied up and try to sneak in for a little while, and whether we succeed or not we get to do stuff in nice clothes.

And that is a thing that I like to do.

Graves on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Sheri wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    ascot wrote: »
    Sheri I thought you'd be loving the High School Musical

I saw it once

I didn't see the second one

Just cuz I work at Disney you think I'd like HSM?

Way to generalize, JERK

I bet you have an I <3 Hannah Montana tattoo across your back.

I'm not Keith, dangit.

(it's on his lower back)

And the other one says property of.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Isn't your girlfriend 30?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't even know what half these dances are.

We had our 'graduation' dance and that was about it. Otherwise it was just random 'okay, we don't feel like teaching Friday, so here's a much music video dance in the gym'.

The rest of these concepts are foreign to me.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

She's the teacher, so she's chaperoning I guess.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2008
    just go to the dance stop being a spoil sport

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

anyway fuck that kid

yep

I'd post in that thread.
    As would I, but seeing it has 'Shibby' somewhere near the title Bogey is going to lock it before it hits three pages.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

She's the teacher, so she's chaperoning I guess.
    Hot for Teacher?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Nerds wear shitty hats with shitty trench coats and fucking CHAIN PANTS(they can hold two slices of pizza a pocket) and a T-shirt.

You rock a charcoal suit with a charcoal fedora and the womens will be all over your jock like whoa.

Also, Blue suit, violet rose, smoking jacket, maroon flower that smells like dead meat.

It's like a fucking rule or something.

Or the school I work at once a year has a cult.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    popped collars is the worst

im just waiting for 50s fashion to come back

this is all i've ever wanted

when did it become okay for a man to be caught outside hatless

When we stopped drinking scotch straight and letting dames vote.

Mixing drinks is only okay when it's Royal Crown and Crown Royal.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Shit, I wonder if I have a picture of my friend Devin from prom.

dude looked fucking amazing.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To be fair, dances are really lame. Girl or not. Boring, crowded affairs they are

I am not a dancer but I have had lots of fun at various dances. It's pretty much 80% dependent on your date as well.

Part of it is the "school" piece of "school dance" and the other part is me not liking to dance. To me it is hot, crowded and so noisy you can barely even really talk to your date. I would much rather just go hang out with them and maybe a few other friends somewhere else instead of going to dance

and prom is double-dumb because you pay stupid amounts of money for this experience. At least after prom was fun enough

The right date will bring the fun and dancing right out of you. There's plenty of time to talk before the dance at dinner and afterwards.

I preferred homecoming to prom because we went out before while prom was catered very poorly. Also my prom date was boring and gave rather toothy head.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The right date will bring the fun and dancing right out of you. There's plenty of time to talk before the dance at dinner and afterwards.

I preferred homecoming to prom because we went out before while prom was catered very poorly. Also my prom date was boring and gave rather toothy head.

I suppose. My date to prom was an awesome lady, but neither of us liked dancing very much. Both of us just enjoyed dressing up all fancy.

Our homecoming is pretty great. We don't even have a dance. We have the big homecoming game, some tailgating and partying beforehand, and then afterwards a big group of my friends will all get together and go to a restaurant or something similar.

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Every time I hear about American High School I am always shocked by how much it really is like movies and television tell me.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No it isn't.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Graves wrote: »
    No it isn't.

Look, let me live in my bubble of self-delusion, okay?

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Every time I hear about American High School I am always shocked by how much it really is like movies and television tell me.
    It is in a round about way, on the west coast that is.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    BynokularsBynokulars Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I broke up with a girl two months before my senior prom, after she had already bought the dress she planned to wear to it.

Apparently that is considered a dick move.

Bynokulars on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Looshers always whine about their besht, winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

The structure and ideas are similar but it isn't nearly as interesting. The sources of drama are typically way more petty and inconsequential.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited October 2008

The structure and ideas are similar but it isn't nearly as interesting. The sources of drama are typically way more petty and inconsequential.

I should have specified that I meant more about things like all the various dances, there being an actual 'homecoming game' and that sort of thing.

High school for me was much, much less interesting.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The girl I took to senior prom, I only asked her because this creepy guy was gonna ask her, and she didn't want to say no and have him get suicidal or something. We then dated for three years.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BynokularsBynokulars Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »
    "Looshers always whine about their besht, winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

"Carla was the prom queen"

Bynokulars on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I should have specified that I meant more about things like all the various dances, there being an actual 'homecoming game' and that sort of thing.

Yeah everyone has a homecoming event as do most colleges and universities. The idea is provide incentive for a bunch of alumni to come to one of their alma mater's home football games by hosting a celebration for a few past graduating classes.

The current students have a dance on Saturday the day after the homecoming game but that is more typical of high school than college.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    my high school's "homecoming" goes across football, cross country, soccer, girls soccer, field hockey and water polo. All on the same day. We always play the same school too since we are rivals.

It's a big deal.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it's always a big deal

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    my high school's "homecoming" goes across football, cross country, soccer, girls soccer, field hockey and water polo. All on the same day. We always play the same school too since we are rivals.

It's a big deal.

Really? How is that possible? Wouldn't a few of those teams be fighting over fields? You must mean in the same week.

Butters on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'd go to school dances with my friends to just have fun

Well at one of the last high school dances I went to, it was going like normal, hanging out with my friends, dancing terribly and so on

But then the unthinkable happened

A girl asked me to dance

And not just like some fat ugly chick, no a hot smokin asian girl

I was all like ok so we went to the dance floor to dance

It was at that point that I realized I had no idea how to dance and I froze

And she was all like "Aren't you going to dance?"

And I was all "Uh uhhhhh uhhhhhhhh I gotta go!"

And I ran off

I really wish I could go back now and slap myself

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hahaha

Munacra on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I had my last homecoming this weekend. I went with my best friend as friends, she ended up getting sick midway through and had to leave. Hey look, free pass to dance with anyone.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    OskiOski Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i hate dances. i always go and get my heart broken.

the girl i loved and i sort of danced together at our high school gradnite

it was probably one of the best nights of my life.

i hate dances. but i loved that one.

Oski on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's a big deal.

Really? How is that possible? Wouldn't a few of those teams be fighting over fields? You must mean in the same week.

nope. Although the introduction of the girls sports (our rival is not co-ed, but they have a sister school) is fairly new, so im not sure how they work all that. We just built a new campus too, the old one had two soccer fields (one doubled as a baseball diamond as well), one multi-purpose field, football field and a field hockey field.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

High school generally has a lot more going on in America, near as I can tell.

This is, however, how you get people whose entire lives peak in High School and roll steadily downhill from there.

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So I'd go to school dances with my friends to just have fun

Well at one of the last high school dances I went to, it was going like normal, hanging out with my friends, dancing terribly and so on

But then the unthinkable happened

A girl asked me to dance

And not just like some fat ugly chick, no a hot smokin asian girl

I was all like ok so we went to the dance floor to dance

It was at that point that I realized I had no idea how to dance and I froze

And she was all like "Aren't you going to dance?"

And I was all "Uh uhhhhh uhhhhhhhh I gotta go!"

And I ran off

I really wish I could go back now and slap myself

Jesus Christ man.

*I* want to go back in time and correct that for you.

Seriously, fuckin' A.

sarukun on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I sometimes wish I had gone to more high school functions. And sometimes I think, man, I should've been a cheerleader.

I'm glad I wasn't though.

Leli on